ignorant

quality posts: 5 Private Messages ignorant
renegadetim wrote:You must be being sarcastic.

Do you not see what prints here on a regular basis?

For one they can't do it because it's way too close to actual characters.

Second, it definitely isn't appropriate for woot. With the title alone, you clearly broke the appropriateness for this site. And the drawing clearly points out the pun. Do you expect a kid to wear this? Yes, there are two potential jokes and kids COULD look at it innocently, but not likely with the way "Size matters" is advertised and plastered everywhere in reference to men.

I personally did laugh, and like the idea, it's just not appropriate for this site. And they can't really print images that are so close to actual characters anyways. Look at the Harry the potter design, same reason for rejection.

Relax it's just fun to complain, but this is just a PG joke at best.

And I'm glad that you think we are such great artist that our Generic Wizard, and Young Boy Wizard look just like the real thing. Those two characters are pretty protective of their images, so it is good that this got shut down when it did.

Don't worry about us though, we got right back on our horse and entered a new shirt in this derby....vote please (but don't tell Bunny that we put him on a shirt).

http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=50881

lonelypond

quality posts: 409 Private Messages lonelypond
Re: TaDaa!

ha! made me laugh and so voted.

lonelypond

Re: MAGIK

abracadabra...very nice, like the feel of movement.

lonelypond

Re: Expecto Catronus

darn cute

goldenthorn

quality posts: 38 Private Messages goldenthorn

Volunteer Moderator

Re: How to levitate a llama

Wow. This is charming and absolutely lovely. The linework truly is impressive.

bluetuba

quality posts: 57 Private Messages bluetuba
Re: beard magic!

Awesome power of teh beard is the best magic idea yet in this derby.

ApeLad

quality posts: 37 Private Messages ApeLad
viscosity2004 wrote:It's pretty well covered in the first book that centers around Death, the character (Mort). And maybe in the Color of Magic (first book in the series).

I started reading the Discworld series and would personally start with The Color of Magic and then follow the series based on publishing dates.

Thanks! Now I've got in on hold at the library.

ApeLad

quality posts: 37 Private Messages ApeLad
lonelypond wrote:darn cute

Thanks!!!

bluetuba

Re: Grimoire Ver 2

I just really really love the details on this.. the girl is horrific. I love all the freaky hands, and the awesome skulls, and the really creepy torso guy in the middle. All the drippiness in some of your designs bugs me but I really feel it's appropriate here.

This uses all my favorite colors too, black, blue and purples!

It just OOZES dark scary energy. I want it sooooo bad. We've had plenty of cute lately wooters, let's print something awesome!

evapor8ed

quality posts: 1 Private Messages evapor8ed
Re: beard magic!

This has to win. My red bearded Norweigan decent husband needs this shirt.

bluetuba

Re: How to levitate a llama

This is really interesting, you need to submit more often!

renegadetim

quality posts: 12 Private Messages renegadetim
Re: Finders Keepers...

I would assume your daughter is going to want to enter more derbies if she is always drawing and wanted to enter this so badly.

I know that this had to be a great bonding experience between you and her working together. Instead of possibly encouraging her not to enter anymore because she doesn't know how to get it onto the computer yet, and it being so time consuming for you, why not, try to find an artist who would do the collab with her with your guidance? The artists here are really friendly and I'm sure someone would be willing to help with coloring of a design and collabing.

Just my two cents as I wouldn't want her to get discouraged by not winning and it being so hard to enter again. Eventually collabing could teach her the ins and outs of everything she needs to learn as well.

She definitely has talent though.

DianaSprinkle

quality posts: 110 Private Messages DianaSprinkle
Re: magic lamp

I don't think it needs to be human. I like the idea of the cat genie because it's a cat talking to a cat. Genies are actually demons after all they aren't human. Honestly I'm not sure I'd want to wear a human genie, it would depend on how it was drawn but I really like the way the cat genie is done here(it's my favorite part).

It is an interesting discussion though. Just throwing out my thoughts on it.

locustpr

quality posts: 0 Private Messages locustpr
Re: MAGIK

Beautiful palette, wonderful pop art feeling, just true love all around.

nellb123

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nellb123
Re: magic lamp

Off With Their Heads >>>~~~>
picky, picky, picky......geez ! this shirt is perfect just the way it is, and so is the cat's tail, (I have 15 cats, 5 inside & 10 outside and they are all different). Make your
own genie design if you don't this one with the 2 cats.

nell-on-wheels

Delusionalovely

quality posts: 6 Private Messages Delusionalovely
Re: The Weasel and the Owl

Why the light blue shirt?
I think a darker green would look great with the green splash you added in the background.
Or a navy, or a purple, or a heather gray or slate, or annything but the light blue. :/

Jeus

quality posts: 36 Private Messages Jeus
Re: Dark Side of Magic

I don't think warner brothers would take kindly to you putting bugs bunny on a shirt drunk on carrot juice.

Proudly tracking via WootStalker.com                                                                          (8:11 AM, 7/9/2010) Jeus framed the first letter of its kind

mawkish

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mawkish
mirumeiku wrote:Has anyone really looked at the bones that ramyb pointed out? I'm usually willing to ignore the anatomy of his animals because they're supposed to be cartoony and cutesy anyway, but for some reason the bones are really, really bothering me. They're all way off anatomically and seem to be defying gravity. Especially those ribs. So all the compliments on his attention to detail this time around are kinda baffling me, even though I'll admit it's better than a lot of the stuff he's been putting out recently.

Now that you point that out, it's impossible to unsee how sloppy and nonsensical the shadow placements and glove dimensions are. The skull doesn't have the dimensional appearance of being behind that hat, but instead appears to be sitting on top of it. I initially agreed with the comments about his work looking better this time, but only because I hadn't actually bothered to examine it. This is the first time so many minor details (as in, not a cute animal and a single prop) have been put in, but that doesn't mean he paid attention to detail. It just means that there is detail that was slapped together and put in there.

tjost

quality posts: 25 Private Messages tjost
Re: Available for birthdays and fellowships

Epic questing doesn’t pay like it used to...

Drakxxx

quality posts: 16 Private Messages Drakxxx

Really nice character and colors. The look on her face is a bit perplexing to me, and the head seems a little too big, but that might be the styling of it. The body, especially the hands look fantastic.

I really like how you make cartoon people and I hope to see you do more of them!

Drakxxx

As others said, I'm not sure if I'd do this one on a shirt personally, but the illustration is really amazing. The pose in particular had to be challenging to flesh out, and you put it together expertly.

Drakxxx

Very fun character Diana.

Drakxxx

Really like the characters and the line work. The composition seems a little wonky for a shirt, but thats usually the toughest part when it comes to putting these together. Definitely looking forward to more of your work!

maskeliceblue

quality posts: 0 Private Messages maskeliceblue
Re: The Disappearing Mouse Trick

oh my! that is completely adorable! :D

*ShadowKat

megsck

quality posts: 6 Private Messages megsck
kylemittskus wrote:The movie is mocking fantasy? Really? (Seriously, not being sarcastic.) It's been a while since I've seen it, but I don't remember any fantasy-esque elements. It seemed to be more parodic of the "quest" genre. I'm not a huge fan, though, so I could be wrong.

i kinda lump them together, fantasy, epic quests, anything with wizards and things really. =)

CapSea

quality posts: 54 Private Messages CapSea

If I might provide a slight criticism, the appearance of this design appears to be "here are magic things, look at them" rather than really playing with the magic idea and making it exciting. I understand the LoTR reference, but otherwise there does not appear to be too much going on. Great coloring though, and I do like the way you did gollum.

artbreaker

quality posts: 0 Private Messages artbreaker
Re: Sea Witch's favor... or curse?

Thanks for the wonderful comments! The inspiration from the triangle came from "The Bermuda Triangle". And the sea witch was originally a siren but I felt that tentacles are more appealing. I had a lot of fun creating this one as it is closer to my traditional art style.

My wife swears that she will wear this shirt someday even if it doesn't get printed here, cheers!

http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=52144

Spiritgreen

quality posts: 210 Private Messages Spiritgreen

I am not a conjurer of cheap tricks!

Although if you book early I might be able to arrange a small discount.

Harbinger

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Harbinger
Re: Elementals

I love the colors and the choice of animals on this. This is a beautiful design!

dooomcat

quality posts: 9 Private Messages dooomcat
Drakxxx wrote:Really nice character and colors. The look on her face is a bit perplexing to me, and the head seems a little too big, but that might be the styling of it. The body, especially the hands look fantastic.

I really like how you make cartoon people and I hope to see you do more of them!

No you're right, the head is a little out of proportion. No matter how much I try to keep that in mind I still end up doing it to some extent!
I appreciate your comment and I'd love to do more people stuff but... it kind of depressingly doesn't get the votes does it

barkingchicken

quality posts: 0 Private Messages barkingchicken
Re: how to....

there is no text this week.

yankeebird

quality posts: 7 Private Messages yankeebird
Re: Arabian Nights

It looks like you have your comp and your thumbnail switched around, but I think a bigger issue is that you're out of the print area. Woot can't print seam-to-seam like that.

yankeebird

quality posts: 7 Private Messages yankeebird
MathUhhhSaurus wrote:I don't think so...I think others who don't know Harry Potter can still get the joke. :]

Never read/seen any Harry Potter. Death loves cats?

hamchilla

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hamchilla

I love the creatures and the colors. Not sure about the asphalt background.

Lish64

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Lish64

I really like the fire kitty!

neeznoodle

quality posts: 0 Private Messages neeznoodle
renegadetim wrote:I would assume your daughter is going to want to enter more derbies if she is always drawing and wanted to enter this so badly.

I know that this had to be a great bonding experience between you and her working together. Instead of possibly encouraging her not to enter anymore because she doesn't know how to get it onto the computer yet, and it being so time consuming for you, why not, try to find an artist who would do the collab with her with your guidance? The artists here are really friendly and I'm sure someone would be willing to help with coloring of a design and collabing.

Just my two cents as I wouldn't want her to get discouraged by not winning and it being so hard to enter again. Eventually collabing could teach her the ins and outs of everything she needs to learn as well.

She definitely has talent though.

When I first posted on the derby comment thread about not knowing how to proceed, someone suggested I collaborate with another member. At the time, I shot down that idea. Now, it sounds a lot more appealing.

How would I go about finding someone to collaborate with on future derbies?

thebensanity

quality posts: 0 Private Messages thebensanity

nice!!

neeznoodle

quality posts: 0 Private Messages neeznoodle

Did something happen to the thumbnail for this entry? It seems to have disappeared on my end. I just see an empty box.

awlwren

quality posts: 3 Private Messages awlwren
Re: Shadow Play

This is adorable, and would totally steal my heart, if not for one nagging problem - the lantern is in the wrong place to be casting those shadows there. I can't get over it.

Otherwise, well drawn, nice idea, and nice halftones.

juliaL719

quality posts: 0 Private Messages juliaL719
kylemittskus wrote:Putting the reject or not argument aside, this is not parody.

Parody is "a work created to mock, comment on, or make fun at an original work." This isn't mocking Holy Grail; it isn't commenting on it (usually done by making some political or social commentary); and it isn't making fun of it.

Whatever this is -- fan art, reinterpretation, etc. -- it is decidedly not parody.

Agreed on this point.

TeeFury would eat it up, though.