shaunesay

quality posts: 0 Private Messages shaunesay
Re: Elementals

I second loving the design, but not sure about the asphalt color. Will buy if it prints, but wish it was on something a little lighter maybe? Not sure what color would work best though. Beautiful design though!

Johndis5

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Johndis5
nellb123 wrote:Off With Their Heads >>>~~~>
picky, picky, picky......geez ! this shirt is perfect just the way it is, and so is the cat's tail, (I have 15 cats, 5 inside & 10 outside and they are all different). Make your
own genie design if you don't this one with the 2 cats.

The cat lady has spoken and the design is fine.

mxjx

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mxjx
Drakxxx wrote:She opened up my trapper keeper!

ROFLMAO!

joemail11

quality posts: 34 Private Messages joemail11
Re: beard magic!

I'm only a little Scandinavian, but I live in Minnesota, does that qualify me to wear this?

Also, love brown shirts and excellent choice of colors on this one.

joemail11

quality posts: 34 Private Messages joemail11
mirumeiku wrote:Has anyone really looked at the bones that ramyb pointed out? I'm usually willing to ignore the anatomy of his animals because they're supposed to be cartoony and cutesy anyway, but for some reason the bones are really, really bothering me. They're all way off anatomically and seem to be defying gravity. Especially those ribs. So all the compliments on his attention to detail this time around are kinda baffling me, even though I'll admit it's better than a lot of the stuff he's been putting out recently.

Thank you. That is why I was confused earlier in the thread. I thought that perhaps the magician had a pig or something in the show.

They still serve their purpose though, so it's hard to be critical of them, the ribs, that is.

omegazimm

quality posts: 0 Private Messages omegazimm
Re: magic lamp

I can has?

lotuspixie

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lotuspixie

This shirt is just all sorts of awesome.

It's also the first shirt in a very long while that I'd actually, truly buy if it prints!

Fantastic job!

neuropsychosocial

quality posts: 171 Private Messages neuropsychosocial
Re: Life in the Hat

This is very clever and well-done. The "joke" comes across more clearly than in the original sketch that I saw on the Derby thread. I hope it picks up votes!

RIP A.A. Blanks (Obituary)

neuropsychosocial

quality posts: 171 Private Messages neuropsychosocial
neeznoodle wrote:Did something happen to the thumbnail for this entry? It seems to have disappeared on my end. I just see an empty box.

I can see it on my computer.

If your daughter is interested in pursuing art, photoshop skills are invaluable to have. She could start to learn how to transform/develop her images in PS herself. Collaborating with an established artist here might help her development as well, and not just in PS skills, but a sort of mentoring, possibly. I appreciate your willingness to help her develop her talent and interests - that suggests some good parenting that will serve her well, regardless of whether she chooses to pursue art. Good luck to her!

RIP A.A. Blanks (Obituary)

kooshilova

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kooshilova
Re: How to levitate a llama

Thank you for the feedback, everyone!

blk909

quality posts: 0 Private Messages blk909
Re: FIRE

Wonderful phoenix and love the cranberry shirt!

aswati

quality posts: 0 Private Messages aswati
Re: Dorothy is a fool for Wizardry!

Sorry for all the confusion, I have re-submitted this entry so that the image can be seen more clearly.

Thanks for all the votes.

Aswati

She is a strange one, that Dorothy. Instead of following directions (a map!!) and finding her way home to Kansas, she falls for magic. She is lured by the wizardry of Oz. The enchanting Emerald City beckons her to follow the yellow brick road and fall into the trap of a world of witches, confused and yearning animals and tin fellows. Thus, she is part of a mysterious story that eventually gets her home, but, only after completely plunging herself into magic!

keely2684

quality posts: 0 Private Messages keely2684

I think this is awesome and so creative and mucho kudos to you sir!

Re: Create life

aswati

quality posts: 0 Private Messages aswati
Re: Dorothy is a fool for Wizardry!

I have re-submitted this entry. To get a close-up view of the image, please check the new entry.

Thanks.

purplefeather

quality posts: 8 Private Messages purplefeather

I'm not usually a fan of Ramy's typical style, but this shirt was *almost* enough to make me like it. I like the red shirt, I like Death's expression, I like the general idea, even if it does only barely fits into the theme.

The thing that is really bugs me is that bunny's ears. Someone up above mentioned that it looks like the bunny is just floating, and Death just happens to be holding his hand in that general area. I agree with that assessment. It doesn't look as if any pressure is being put on the ears at all, and they sort of appear as if they aren't really part of the bunny. I'm not an artist myself by any means, so I can't really say what's wrong with them, they just look out of place to me.

kylemittskus

quality posts: 232 Private Messages kylemittskus
megsck wrote:i kinda lump them together, fantasy, epic quests, anything with wizards and things really. =)

Fair enough. I still disagree with your parody argument but do understand where you're coming from.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

purplefeather

quality posts: 8 Private Messages purplefeather

Renegadetim, I wondered about her back leg at first as well, then I assumed she was stepping out of the smoke in a sort of "Ta-dah!" moment, and it made more sense for that leg to be obscured.

Really wish I could see this shirt print.

solarhands

quality posts: 2 Private Messages solarhands
Re: THE WIZARD OF GORE

I need this.
Awesome. Amazing.

kylemittskus

evapor8ed wrote:This has to win. My red bearded Norweigan decent husband needs this shirt.

Well, at least you think he's decent.

thewayisshut

quality posts: 0 Private Messages thewayisshut
Re: Create life

For the love of all things holy, please let this shirt win! It's beautiful! We need shirts like this in woot, instead of yet ANOTHER cuddly cutesy animal shirt! I'm casting my vote in support of real tshirt artistry.

dracokitty

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dracokitty
shaunesay wrote:I second loving the design, but not sure about the asphalt color. Will buy if it prints, but wish it was on something a little lighter maybe? Not sure what color would work best though. Beautiful design though!

I tried out almost every color shirt. The asphalt gray seemed to work best. On a lighter shirt the colors would not stand out nearly as well and I tried to avoid any color that would match an element. So it really came down to the gray or black and black didn't really work well with the cats being black.

evapor8ed

quality posts: 1 Private Messages evapor8ed
kylemittskus wrote:Well, at least you think he's decent.

LOL That's what I get for staying up past my bedtime. DESCENT. But yeah, he's pretty decent too.

cocobunny

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cocobunny

Have you ever thought that the bunnies don't liked to be grabbed by the ears?

skippykj

quality posts: 16 Private Messages skippykj
Re: Lamp Realty

Not bad but I'm not feeling it on a white tee.

truffleshuffle

quality posts: 4 Private Messages truffleshuffle
Re: I've made a HUGE mistake

I dunno if the inclusion of the magician is really necessary...do you guys think it would look better without him?

skippykj

Re: beard magic!

I love it and then it reminds me of the music video of Jason Forrest's "War Photographer" and I love it even more.

dracokitty

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dracokitty

Larger version
http://www.dracokitty.deviantart.com/#/d3bk2bo

renegadetim

quality posts: 12 Private Messages renegadetim
truffleshuffle wrote:I dunno if the inclusion of the magician is really necessary...do you guys think it would look better without him?

I like him. Since this is a magic derby it seems like it fits much more with him, otherwise it might be more 50/50.

kinzoku

quality posts: 17 Private Messages kinzoku

I think this is my favorite of all your designs so far!

truffleshuffle wrote:I dunno if the inclusion of the magician is really necessary...do you guys think it would look better without him?

I'm not really bothered by the magician, but you might be right, I think it would look just a little better without him if the bunny flood is in the center of the shirt. Maybe to reinforce the concept without him, you could have a magician's wand laying next to the hat?

renegadetim

Spiritgreen wrote:Darn. I was hoping to hang on in there for a while longer. Tough fog this week though! Lots of strong designs. :^)

Thanks for all the comments and support. It's very much appreciated.

@meg, I've got a fun dog design I've been working on and off since I started at Woot. I'll have to finish it soon.

I really thought this was a strong design that would finish top 3 with the instant fog and the success your catnip shirt had. I too am disappointed to see it fall out. MAYBE it'll get back up there. I'm pretty sure it's gonna get an HM regardless though if not a print. Hoping at least.

skippykj

Re: Magic Crystal Baller

I love your spray paint style shading. GMV

renegadetim

Re: Let's Try That Again

I guess I'm not in the majority in that I wanted a Magic derby to print a design that involved a MAGICian... This is the best design in my eyes that incorporates that and a funny concept. Wish more people liked it!

chumpmagic

quality posts: 9 Private Messages chumpmagic

Too cool, Truffle. I love the way you colored the bunnies; it leaves a nice texture. The characters look really awesome as well. I am really digging it! Top notch +1

chumpmagic

quality posts: 9 Private Messages chumpmagic

I think it would work without him, but I like him in there. It creates a nice balance on the shirt, it's make the design more involved (meaning it provides an assumed setting and action taking place- storytelling), and he is well done and not just randomly thrown in there. I say keep him

ressamac

quality posts: 4 Private Messages ressamac
Re: Magic Lamp

The genie is taking his sweet time.

Lish64

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Lish64
Re: The showdown

Finally, I finished my wizard design. It took much longer than I initially expected.

Any comments are welcome!

A few detail shots.

ressamac

quality posts: 4 Private Messages ressamac
Re: They call me... Tim

"A literary or artistic work that imitates the characteristic style of an author or a work for comic effect or ridicule."

I think patrickspens nailed the comic effect. Might parody (as all artistic endeavor) be subjective?

megsck

quality posts: 6 Private Messages megsck

yay truffles back!

i would say either leave him out, or have a smaller whole magician, the thing that bothers me is that he is cut off. the bunnies and hat are cool though!

megsck

quality posts: 6 Private Messages megsck
Spiritgreen wrote:I am not a conjurer of cheap tricks!

Although if you book early I might be able to arrange a small discount.

hehehe, spirit is cracking me up lately =)

my only problem with this is the nerd in me that demands that gandolf be white >_< otherwise funny and well done =)

kylemittskus

ressamac wrote:"A literary or artistic work that imitates the characteristic style of an author or a work for comic effect or ridicule."

I think patrickspens nailed the comic effect. Might parody (as all artistic endeavor) be subjective?

I suppose so. But the problem is that there is no added comic effect here since the movie itself is parodic; hence, by your definition, the movie itself is comedic. You can't take something that is already a parody (by comedic effect) and just use the same idea, characters, etc. and say, "It's parody because it's comedic." The problem is that the source is too.

Parody turns something around from the original to reveal another side; it makes fun of the source; it hides social or political commentary behind absurdity. This design just copies the comedy of the movie.