ApeLad

quality posts: 43 Private Messages ApeLad
viscosity2004 wrote:I think they mean the patronus. It's a Harry Potter thing where there are these wraiths that will suck your soul, but if you can conjure a patronus (which takes the shape of an animal), then the wraiths will be afraid and run away. But in this case, the wraith thinks the kitty is so cute it wants to stay! :3

You got it!

DianaSprinkle

quality posts: 146 Private Messages DianaSprinkle
Drakxxx wrote:Very fun character Diana.

Awww thanks Drakxxx! I really like how this little guy turned out!

ignorant

quality posts: 5 Private Messages ignorant
Jeus wrote:I don't think warner brothers would take kindly to you putting bugs bunny on a shirt drunk on carrot juice.

Thanks Jeus, I've been in meetings with Warner Bros all day because of that post. They are asking for a lot of money to use a bunny in the drawing...I'm going to need to win this thing to pay it so everyone please vote. Thanks again.

scarletrayne

quality posts: 0 Private Messages scarletrayne
Re: beard magic!

Reminds me of "How to Train Your Dragon" which I just saw again a few hours ago.

ignorant

quality posts: 5 Private Messages ignorant
Re: Dark Side of Magic

Some good news is that taternuggets and I have talked and put most of our differences behind us, we've also settled out of court with Generic Wizard and Young Boy Wizard for using their likeness on our last shirt "Size Matters". They did give the OK for the shirt so if woot wants to unreject it, that would be cool.
I have asked taternuggets to join me as unpaid spokesperson for this shirt again and I hope he accepts, but I understand if he doesn't as there were some sour grapes on my part in our feud.

jezzarisky

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jezzarisky
Re: MAGIK

If it were on a tshirt of another color I would totally vote for and buy this.

Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony.
--Mahatma Gandhi

taternuggets

quality posts: 23 Private Messages taternuggets
ignorant wrote:Some good news is that taternuggets and I have talked and put most of our differences behind us, we've also settled out of court with Generic Wizard and Young Boy Wizard for using their likeness on our last shirt "Size Matters". They did give the OK for the shirt so if woot wants to unreject it, that would be cool.
I have asked taternuggets to join me as unpaid spokesperson for this shirt again and I hope he accepts, but I understand if he doesn't as there were some sour grapes on my part in our feud.

Unfortunately Ig, I have been contacted by Warner Bros wanting to know my involvement with this bugs bunny shirt and they told me it would be in my own best interest to just walk away.

I overheard them say something about "putting sheen on the back burner" to deal with this.

Nothing follows.

jmmbell1987

quality posts: 78 Private Messages jmmbell1987
Re: THE WIZARD OF GORE

This might be the creepiest design you guys have ever done. Great work.

mrwednesday

quality posts: 12 Private Messages mrwednesday
Re: How to levitate a llama

Really really really like this. Unfortunately that means the voters probably won't but this is prime for an HM or an EC in my opinion. I am also looking forward to seeing more!

lilaviel

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lilaviel
Re: Magical Metamorphosis

This would make a great kids' shirt. It's very cute.

jmmbell1987

quality posts: 78 Private Messages jmmbell1987
Re: HUGE mistake (V2)

This is the most delightful thing you've ever done. That's not sarcasm; this seriously makes me smile.

forerunner117

quality posts: 0 Private Messages forerunner117
Re: EPIC ROLL

More like Epic Light show :P

lonelypond

quality posts: 447 Private Messages lonelypond
Re: HUGE mistake (V2)

it'll look like an exploding belly button of doom.

Vote:

scionofjubal

quality posts: 1 Private Messages scionofjubal
Re: Create life

The butterfly on her head just seals the deal for me.

lonelypond

quality posts: 447 Private Messages lonelypond
Re: Shadow Magic

nice

Vote:

jbb04

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jbb04
tjost wrote:Never turn your back on a rabbit, especially a magic one.

Very nice design. And it's message could truly save lives.

Lamuril

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Lamuril
SeedUvPain wrote:Thanks for all the positive feedback everyone! I'm excited to be amongst such talented and/or popular artists this week!

You have a hilarious and simple design! I love it Hope it gets printed, I will definitely buy one!!

MathUhhhSaurus

quality posts: 59 Private Messages MathUhhhSaurus
Re: AbracadabrAAAAHHHH

I love this :] And I especially love the title!

Examine Bindle of Carrots.
What Bindle of Carrots?

utterdamnnonsense

quality posts: 0 Private Messages utterdamnnonsense
Re: Underground Magic

This is amazing! Resub plz!

mayh658

quality posts: 27 Private Messages mayh658

Nice try, but a shirt where the human kills the rabbit just won't print.

It has to be the other way around!

MathUhhhSaurus

quality posts: 59 Private Messages MathUhhhSaurus
yankeebird wrote:Never read/seen any Harry Potter. Death loves cats?

well...the wizard is holding a wand that the cat is coming out of, so it's safe to assume that the wizard made the cat in hopes to fight the hooded figure. But, the cat isn't helpful at all, hence the wizard's annoyed face. You really don't have to know that the cat is a parody of a "patronus" and the hooded figure is a parody of a "dementor" to get it.

Examine Bindle of Carrots.
What Bindle of Carrots?

JDawg21

quality posts: 0 Private Messages JDawg21
Re: magic lamp

I absolutely LOVE this! And I hope you win because I will defintely buy one... I think the cat genie looks cool, so it's just a matter of opinion really

plqorz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages plqorz

I LOVE the design...So cute~~~I would buy one absolutely...I hope it will win next week...

midgerock

quality posts: 6 Private Messages midgerock
Re: The wrong rabbit for the show

um... what are the birds doing?

jbb04

Very nicely done, and I like the visual connection between beard and shield.

jbb04

the603 wrote:This is only thing I dislike about Woot. Awesome shirts like this lose to overly cute ones.

Very true...

jbb04

Grusome and deranged! I'm amazed by the intricate levels of detail. I particularly love the careful interplay of detailed foreground figures against silouetted background figures. So many of us use sillouettes when we get tired of adding detail. You've employed the two side-by-side with masterful composition, giving it a chilling balance of shocking and mysterious.

KevinSGreen

quality posts: 7 Private Messages KevinSGreen
kylemittskus wrote:I suppose so. But the problem is that there is no added comic effect here since the movie itself is parodic; hence, by your definition, the movie itself is comedic. You can't take something that is already a parody (by comedic effect) and just use the same idea, characters, etc. and say, "It's parody because it's comedic." The problem is that the source is too.

Parody turns something around from the original to reveal another side; it makes fun of the source; it hides social or political commentary behind absurdity. This design just copies the comedy of the movie.

Parody, by whatever definition you care to ascribe, is not required according to the the derby blurb and is therefore irrelevant.

To quote: "That's why for this Derby we want to see your interpretations of magic: its power, its effects on people and nature, or maybe just your favorite magic trick. Conjure up some images that invoke power, showmanship, and mysticism."

I'd say Tim definitely falls into the showmanship category if nothing else.

jbb04

I really like the texture on his fur.

jbb04

It makes me think of the scene in Deathly Hallows part 2, when Ron's about to smash the horcrux.

Marcuslweger

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Marcuslweger

Dear Beard Magic,

You get my vote because I can't buy anymore asphalt shirts. And I wish I could grow that beard. More cool not bright not asphalt shirts.

• ASCII Nightx2 / Acquired Taste/Audio Mythos/Willing to endure scientific research/Nevermore/Just The Two Of Us (one of each)/Night Owl/Cthulhu BBQ/DON’T stop to smell the roses!/Poe-etic
• Random x3 (9 shirts)
• +12 WooTs

jbb04

This concept is really great!

jbb04

I love how the bear in the box looks worried.

asmit207

quality posts: 0 Private Messages asmit207
Re: Big Bad Voodoo Bunny

Awesome!

facegrater

quality posts: 0 Private Messages facegrater
Re: Shogun's Wizard

I just didn't want to do a rabbit.

nerdra

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nerdra
Re: The Weasel and the Owl

There's something about the background color that just throws this design off for me. The characters are adorable, though.

nerdra

icymallard

quality posts: 4 Private Messages icymallard
Re: Magic Gathering FAIL

haha nice pun.

nerdra

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nerdra
derkis wrote:This is kind of gross--not sure I'd wear it--but I like it. It works really well as a shirt design too, which is not always the case even with some of the higher quality illustrations that get posted.

Agreed--Awesome job with the very expressive magician character and wearable design. I'd wear it for sure if the dead rabbit wasn't so, uh... gooooshy. Maybe instead of a decapitated bunny, the hat gag could've been, like, "dammit, I pulled out a lobster!". Or something.

nerdra

kschenke

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kschenke
chariotherr wrote:Haha, that's great. Although without the title I probably wouldn't have caught the reference. A bit too subtle

A dove with chest hair has a pack of cards in his wings and a dagger in his beak and you think that's subtle?? :P

For the record, I was waiting for a Gob reference in this Derby, so I am definitely voting for this one. COME ON!

billyboy0321

quality posts: 0 Private Messages billyboy0321
Re: Wizard Magic Party

Definitely one of the best shirts I have seen here, and would totally be buying one, should you get in there! I'd say tie between yours and the They call me...Tim. Classic!

Good Luck!