harmonyjoy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages harmonyjoy
Re: The Sorceress

this is lovely.

Harmony Joy Wallender

sasham62

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sasham62
Andy47240 wrote:I really like where you are going with this, but it may be a halftone overload. Kind of hard to make out.

elais wrote:I had a bit of difficult figuring out what this was.

Thank you both for the feedback. I don't have time this week for a rework, but I'll remember it should I have an idea that uses this style in another derby ... and if I ever get a zazzle account up and running.

jab991

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jab991
bluejester wrote:Cool. Revoted.

I love this design. I really hope it prints.

ItsBaxter

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ItsBaxter
Re: THE WIZARD OF GORE

Excellent design, I love it. If this ends up printing somewhere else, let us know!

neeznoodle

quality posts: 0 Private Messages neeznoodle
tgentry wrote:This is a notice that the background shirt color you're using doesn't quite match the color from the swatches provided in our templates. For future entries please download the latest templates and use the colors provided.

This was my first entry and I downloaded the template you have available last Thursday. I used the exact swatch that was on the template. Please tell me what I did wrong, so I don't make that mistake in the future.

dalekempress

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dalekempress
cocobunny wrote:Have you ever thought that the bunnies don't liked to be grabbed by the ears?

Actually, it hurts them quite a lot. Hopefully most magicians aren't using real bunnies anymore. The scruff of the neck is much better though may still cause panic.

tgentry

quality posts: 111 Private Messages tgentry

Staff

neeznoodle wrote:This was my first entry and I downloaded the template you have available last Thursday. I used the exact swatch that was on the template. Please tell me what I did wrong, so I don't make that mistake in the future.

As to what you did wrong, I can't say, but this is your color compared to the royal blue swatch (I assume that was royal blue?)...

uniique

quality posts: 2 Private Messages uniique
Re: beard magic!

Wow! To the fog! Very nice design megsck! Roxxers!

megadog

quality posts: 0 Private Messages megadog
ragemonkey wrote:i think there were three. unless that thing behind the, i assume, ribcage pieces is another glove. i can't really tell.

erm might be a dead dove/pigeon but its got a long shadow lol

Putting brain into gear lol
Why did the doves/pigeons not fly away earlier? - while rabbit was supposedly eating the magician - bird brains lol

PixelPotato

quality posts: 0 Private Messages PixelPotato

Unique and very wearable, love it! :D

uniique

Re: Grimoire Ver 2

Scary coolness. Straight from Lovecraftian depths!
Voted!

miztickow

quality posts: 0 Private Messages miztickow
dracokitty wrote:I tried out almost every color shirt. The asphalt gray seemed to work best. On a lighter shirt the colors would not stand out nearly as well and I tried to avoid any color that would match an element. So it really came down to the gray or black and black didn't really work well with the cats being black.

might have been easier to get a better bg color if you focused on only 1 or 2 kitties instead of 4

uniique

Re: The Dark Wizard

I am a dark wizard. Greetings, brother.
(secret handshake)
+1

uniique

Re: Death Rain 2

Epic fantasy art. Love the guitar jam!

uniique

Re: Let's Try That Again

Oh the humanity! The bearanity! ;D

Andy47240

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Andy47240
Re: Magical Cube of Evil

Thanks for the support! I wish I could have got it into the pre-derby thread for some critiques because I know it could have been better.

pastorroy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pastorroy
Re: pick a card. your card is the tree of diamonds

there is no text in this piece

Andy47240

Re: Squeak the Barbarian

Great design. Love your background.

pastorroy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pastorroy
pastorroy wrote:there is no text in this piece

oh my bad I did notcatch the 3
's were left in it.

sljmcn

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sljmcn

looooove it!

Andy47240

Re: Magic Crystal Baller

This has some really cool elements to it. Surprised it has not gotten more votes.

dracokitty

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dracokitty
miztickow wrote:might have been easier to get a better bg color if you focused on only 1 or 2 kitties instead of 4

yeah, but the whole point was to do the 4 elements

jbb04

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jbb04
tgentry wrote:This is a notice that the background shirt color you're using doesn't quite match the color from the swatches provided in our templates. This may just be a subtle difference, but for future entries please download the latest templates and use the colors provided.

Yeah i think i clicked something funny when exporting to jpg. It looks different in my drawing program. It's a black shirt.

Spiritgreen

quality posts: 217 Private Messages Spiritgreen
Re: Squeak the Barbarian

Really sweet! +1

uniique

Re: D20 For Life

Love this :D !!

lisonallie

quality posts: 7 Private Messages lisonallie
Re: Expecto Catronus

really want this shirt XD

enikcilik

quality posts: 0 Private Messages enikcilik

GMV!!

cindihoward

quality posts: 42 Private Messages cindihoward
Re: I got the touch

Now this is some BIG Magic! Like the full shirt design!

MissouriMomma

Coffeesloth

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Coffeesloth

After all the snow this year I'm looking forward to spring!

Nice design!

madgehands

quality posts: 0 Private Messages madgehands

limonmix

quality posts: 0 Private Messages limonmix
emlowry wrote:Wait, is it just me or are the elf's thumbs on the wrong side of each hand? With hands in those positions, the thumbs should be on the far side, not facing the viewer.

Oh, no, you're right. Can't believe I did that. Thank you for catching the mistake, I'm in the process of fixing it.

DoublEE

quality posts: 8 Private Messages DoublEE
kylemittskus wrote:Who else uses the exact same characters multiple times?

There is a difference between an artist's style (Edgar, Drakxxx, CD, CMX, etc.) and an artist using the exact same character transplanted into a new theme.

Ummm, you mean like Drakxxx and the NUMEROUS "Cthulhu" shirts floating around the internet (and here):

...Cthulhu as an audio tape
...Cthulhu as the whale vs. Captain Ahab
...Cthulhu baking cookies
...Cthulhu hovering over HP Lovecraft
...Ceiling Cthulhu
...Miskatonic Book Club Cthulhu

I'm sure there's more but I think I've proven my point. Try googling Drakxxx + Cthulhu sometime...

It's nothing personal against Drakxxx. You brought him into this argument. I happen to like his style but he does have a fascination with Cthulhu. If you're calling out Ramby on something than let's use the same measuring stick for others.

thewronggrape

quality posts: 49 Private Messages thewronggrape

Reminds me a bit of illustrations by Shag which I like very much. Great job!

uniique

Re: The Disappearing Mouse Trick

I really like the pleasing blue foreground and background. The cat and mouse outline pop. Nice.

npromero

quality posts: 0 Private Messages npromero
Re: Magic Beans

Jack was right for trading in that stoopid old cow.
Beans are magic see!

thewronggrape

quality posts: 49 Private Messages thewronggrape
Re: Sea Witch's favor... or curse?

The thumbnail does not do this justice. Seeing the entire picture brought so many little details like those above me have mentioned. The entire composition is perfect! Love this. If it doesn't print, I hope you get an HM so we may see it in a future double-take!

chumpmagic

quality posts: 9 Private Messages chumpmagic
DoublEE wrote:Ummm, you mean like Drakxxx and the NUMEROUS "Cthulhu" shirts floating around the internet (and here):

...Cthulhu as an audio tape
...Cthulhu as the whale vs. Captain Ahab
...Cthulhu baking cookies
...Cthulhu hovering over HP Lovecraft
...Ceiling Cthulhu
...Miskatonic Book Club Cthulhu

I'm sure there's more but I think I've proven my point. Try googling Drakxxx + Cthulhu sometime...

It's nothing personal against Drakxxx. You brought him into this argument. I happen to like his style but he does have a fascination with Cthulhu. If you're calling out Ramby on something than let's use the same measuring stick for others.

Oh, hey now...

I think you misunderstood, and as a result, you straightened his point. Each one of those characters is completely different. Each one is a new character, a new rendition (and in some cases, a completely new style). The ceiling and ahab ones are close, but not close enough to be targeted like this... It's a far fetched analogy in my opinion.

harmonyjoy

Re: Imagination Magic

For a closer look, Visit my Flickr page

Harmony Joy Wallender

harmonyjoy

sljmcn wrote:looooove it!

Thanks!

Harmony Joy Wallender

leroo15

quality posts: 0 Private Messages leroo15
jbb04 wrote:I agree, sometimes it's so hard to tell a joke with a picture and you've done an excellent job.

Thanks! I had a lot of fun with this one.