mindputtee


quality posts: 2 Private Messages mindputtee
Re: The Disappearing Mouse Trick



I love the way this turned out! It's always nice to see a suggestion from the pre-derby thread get included too ;-) Great job! This deserves a print.

CrypticC


quality posts: 0 Private Messages CrypticC
DianaSprinkle wrote:Heh heh, I'm really happy with how this little guy came out. I might try a slightly smaller brush size the lines still seem a little thick.



it looks good with the thick lines, got my vote

x3xleggedxninja


quality posts: 3 Private Messages x3xleggedxninja

Hey ramy, why don't you start your own website? I bet you would make more money that way. Think about it, you could draw a new bunny shirt and print it EVERY DAY if you wanted. I dunno, give it some thought...?

snowfreeze


quality posts: 0 Private Messages snowfreeze
megsck wrote:the top 9 submissions are called "in the fog" meaning that we cant see how many votes they are getting, so that it can be a surprise on friday what prints and what doesnt =) three out of the nine will print.



Thanks. But it seems kinda silly to me...

SilentLegend


quality posts: 4 Private Messages SilentLegend
Re: magic lamp



I would actually buy this.

yankeebird


quality posts: 7 Private Messages yankeebird
cindihoward wrote:Now this is some BIG Magic! Like the full shirt design!



There's a reason it's the only one like it in the derby - it's out of woot's printable area, and if they're paying attention they could reject it.

KevinSGreen


quality posts: 7 Private Messages KevinSGreen
mrwednesday wrote:Parody is required by law for use of intellectual property for profit.



Please state the precise US statute and relevant case law to support your assertion. I suspect that you cannot, because parody is only one possible fair use. There is no statute that calls out a requirement for parody to the exclusion of all other fair use.

This article, by an IP attorney, is a useful reference. In fact, the 5th paragraph explicitly calls out that there is not even a clear-cut line. The courts are stymied by parody vs fair use.
http://www.publaw.com/article/parody-fair-use-or-copyright-infringement/

You'll note that the article points out there are 4 aspects when considering fair use, and only one of them is potential market effect, which is not exactly the same thing as profit.

mrwednesday wrote:If this shirt is made and Monty Python decides to sue, woot would have to prove...



I believe if you study the Terms & Conditions, it quite effectively shields Woot, its subsidiaries, etc from liability arising from copyright infrigement. I suspect it would be the artist that would need to defend a fair use claim.

mrwednesday wrote:AS stated many many many many many many times before, parody is a defense.



'a' being the operative word.


And, as I said, no where in the call for submissions did Woot require parody.

Moreover, nowhere in the original film did the Tim character conjure up a fiery rabbit. This image is a justoposition of the pyrotechnic effects created by that character, as well as his relation to the killer rabbit skit. Therefore it could easily be considered a commentary or reflection on how that justaposition affected and inspired the artist.

paigeg


quality posts: 7 Private Messages paigeg
Re: Squeak the Barbarian



This really is terrific. But - why is baldy looking at me? Shouldn't he be paying attention to Squeak? That throws it for me a bit.

madeofsun


quality posts: 0 Private Messages madeofsun
Legendarybandit wrote:Clean the edges of the picture so it doesn't have the square on the black, and maybe off-center the doll a little? Maybe to the left over the heart or to left down on the side some



Yes, exactly. I really liked the thumbnail. But the square and the placement kind of put me off.

thurdl01


quality posts: 11 Private Messages thurdl01
Re: beard magic!



I like the submission, it got my vote, but I don't quite love the submission. I don't think it's quite clear without the title that the magic is coming from the beard, since the sparkles are surrounding his entire body.

DoublEE


quality posts: 8 Private Messages DoublEE
Re: Big Bad Voodoo Bunny



Very cool. Hope it prints.

neeznoodle


quality posts: 0 Private Messages neeznoodle
tgentry wrote:As to what you did wrong, I can't say, but this is your color compared to the royal blue swatch (I assume that was royal blue?)...



I bet I know what happened - I think I used the eyedropper tool for the background color, since the swatch numbers are not listed on your Artist Template, just the color names. I will not make that mistake again. Thank you for the response.

xiaobaosg


quality posts: 1 Private Messages xiaobaosg
Re: Create life



This is the first time i received so many vote for my design here. I will tried to submit more regularly in Woot. Many thanks guys!! :D

novastarj


quality posts: 31 Private Messages novastarj
Re: wolficorn



The legendary wolficorn, the most mystical of all animals!

...though somehow I imagine it howling at the moon sending out those rainbow vibes instead of the sun...

taternuggets


quality posts: 23 Private Messages taternuggets
Re: pick a card. your card is the tree of diamonds



wow... good eye, rejectionator


Nothing follows.

perryn


quality posts: 0 Private Messages perryn
HannaDisaster wrote:Amen to that



Yep.

mrwednesday


quality posts: 12 Private Messages mrwednesday
joemail11 wrote:With the cat as a humanoid, it doesn't look good on a shirt. Let's end the argument about the joke quality and realize that it just looks better with the cat genie.

Cats: Good on shirts

Humans: Mediocre at best on shirts



It doesn't. Seeing as how 5/9 in the fog have humans and 1/9 has a cat (this shirt which would look better and be better conceptually with a humanoid genie) I'd say your argument holds very little water.

citizencoyote


quality posts: 42 Private Messages citizencoyote
Re: beard magic!



This Swede-blood loves it! Voted for it early on, so happy it's made the cloud! Lots of good fun designs this derby, but few make good shirts. This one, however, is made of awesome. Just like his beard.

meh3884


quality posts: 25 Private Messages meh3884
mrwednesday wrote:It doesn't. Seeing as how 5/9 in the fog have humans and 1/9 has a cat (this shirt which would look better and be better conceptually with a humanoid genie) I'd say your argument holds very little water.



Guys, seriously, you both saying definitively "this shirt looks better with...." is absolutely POINTLESS.

You're both entitled to your opinions, which you've graced us all with a-plenty, but you should stop presenting them as fact, simply because it comes off arrogant and annoying.
But while we're sharing, this shirt teeters on wear-ability for me, but if there was a giant ugly man genie in the center of it, it would be very far beyond unwearable to me.

Proudly tracking via WootStalker.com

hamchilla


quality posts: 0 Private Messages hamchilla
Re: Elementals - Resub



Now it's got that nice jewel-tone quality. I like it.

jbb04


quality posts: 0 Private Messages jbb04

You think she and her green twin ever get in fire fights? I'd pay to see that.

DianaSprinkle


quality posts: 148 Private Messages DianaSprinkle
DoublEE wrote:Very cool. Hope it prints.



LOL, I'm slowly creeping up there.

cerberez


quality posts: 0 Private Messages cerberez
xiaobaosg wrote:This is the first time i received so many vote for my design here. I will tried to submit more regularly in Woot. Many thanks guys!! :D



This is by far the best of this week's entries. The rest seem so lackluster, especially given the exciting prompt. gmv

jumcdona


quality posts: 0 Private Messages jumcdona
Re: Big Bad Voodoo Bunny



I /need/ this shirt!!!

ressamac


quality posts: 4 Private Messages ressamac
katrinabean86 wrote:Simple, clean design. I like the color combination as well.



Thank you, katrinabean86!

mewmixx


quality posts: 0 Private Messages mewmixx

jr4284


quality posts: 0 Private Messages jr4284
Re: The Illusionist



Really cool design, though the shadow coming off of his right leg going left is incorrect (doesn't extend to his foot). Unless he's got a stumpy left leg, but then other shadows don't work, so I dunno.

Definitely had to stop and admire it to take it in. Great collab.

harmonyjoy


quality posts: 0 Private Messages harmonyjoy
jbb04 wrote:You think she and her green twin ever get in fire fights? I'd pay to see that.



It is like the battle of the Peaches that you can have in Super Smash Bros. :D

I think I like the green better myself...But I am partial to green.

Harmony Joy Wallender

genericsmith


quality posts: 15 Private Messages genericsmith
x3xleggedxninja wrote:Hey ramy, why don't you start your own website? I bet you would make more money that way. Think about it, you could draw a new bunny shirt and print it EVERY DAY if you wanted. I dunno, give it some thought...?



I don't really thing the money would be there

He makes a design for woot... he gets a thousand dollars plus reckoning sales.

If he made his own site he'd have to pay the cost of printing the shirt, sending the shirt, etc... He'd have to sell a LOT more shirts to get to the thousand dollar mark.

It'd also take a LOT more effort.

PLUS

I know there are a LOT of Ramy fans on woot, but how many would regularly buy Ramy shirts at 15-20 bucks a pop? Sure some ramy shirts last a while on the reckoning, but they spending a lot of time barely staying alive.

Munchy Attack If you can find the name of this artist & real song title I'll buy you a daily woot shirt (your choice what day)

Dystopia Dark Lager, Where the Wild Parties at?, B.A. Bearacus, and many more wanted in XXL(PLEASE!!!)
Edgar Allen Poe shall remained headlock'd until Nevermore is reckoned.

harmonyjoy


quality posts: 0 Private Messages harmonyjoy
Re: Elf Nouveau Ver. 2



I am new at this. By your two shirts, I take it you can submit two designs to the derby?

Harmony Joy Wallender

tomsman


quality posts: 2 Private Messages tomsman
Re: Rookie Mistake


awesomely funny.

Looking for MXLs Alien Sonogram, Tin: Old Skool, Puppet Checkup and Flesh Wound from Teefury; A Wicked Mess, F5 Refreshes You, and Sissy Fight. PM or teetrade (tomsman)for trade or sell.

cocobunny


quality posts: 0 Private Messages cocobunny

Thats what I always think of when they grab them!"DOESN'T THAT HURT?!
One of my friends inspired me when she grabbed a bunny by the ears and squeeled.

khamilyon


quality posts: 0 Private Messages khamilyon
kooshilova wrote:



I love this! I would hang it on my wall, even. I hate that it's not getting more votes. Please submit more!

printwizjoe


quality posts: 0 Private Messages printwizjoe

so what should i do to fix this problem?

penthus


quality posts: 3 Private Messages penthus
jbb04 wrote:You think she and her green twin ever get in fire fights? I'd pay to see that.



Hot.


-coughs-

I like them both. Would wear either. But I can go for variety. :3

biotwist


quality posts: 0 Private Messages biotwist
jab991 wrote:I love this design. I really hope it prints.



It probably wont but I'm happy with how it did

npromero


quality posts: 0 Private Messages npromero

npromero


quality posts: 0 Private Messages npromero
Re: Witches and Wizards at the Ready



They're nothing too special but I figure why not.
Here's a high res copy



npromero


quality posts: 0 Private Messages npromero
Re: beard magic!



AHHHH! I girl squeaked when I saw this was up in the foggy misty-ness. GO BEARD MAGIC! :D



blanked


quality posts: 10 Private Messages blanked
Re: Left on the shelf



I like how you added color, if I hadn't seen it I woulda thought that that much red would be too much.
For criticism, I think you over did the crosshatching on the hat. I think the first colored version in the prederby looked cleaner without that extra shading.