leroo15

quality posts: 0 Private Messages leroo15
thatrobert wrote:

• Congratulations on winning a Best Loser Award!
  • This is not SPAM.
  • Winning a BLA does NOT mean this shirt won't print -- I'm hoping it does.
  • Your one and only gift is this crappy little badge in your shirt thread. Enjoy.
  • I'm a beautiful chemical killing machine.

Thank you, I'm honored! Right? This is only my second derby. I'm not exactly sure what's going on here.

Spiritgreen

quality posts: 215 Private Messages Spiritgreen
Re: The Disappearing Mouse Trick

Thanks for the kind words. :^)

CameraGuy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages CameraGuy
Re: The Storyteller

Best "Live Play" shirt EVER! Nice job!

youngfire635

quality posts: 0 Private Messages youngfire635
Re: The wrong rabbit for the show

You know, I've always been a ramy fan, but this is just terrible. I mean, I absolutley love the cute fluffy animals that you usually do but please do something else other then death and bunnies for a bit. Please?

theicyone

quality posts: 0 Private Messages theicyone
Re: magic lamp

Have to get this for my girlfriend, I hope it's a winner.

njnash

quality posts: 0 Private Messages njnash
ramyb wrote:LOOK at the BONES!!!

so... you find it funny that your design is flawed?

CVBrennan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages CVBrennan

Love it.

CVBrennan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages CVBrennan
Re: fire mage

You captured my MMORPG memories in this shirt.

jabelite

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jabelite
Re: Shogun's Wizard

Pretty cool shirt!

nowikissyou

quality posts: 1 Private Messages nowikissyou
Re: Tide goes in, tide goes out. MAG(net)IC

While I enjoy the joke on O'Reilly as much as the next guy, what got me to vote was the design itself. I don't even know why I like it so much, considering its simplicity, but maybe that is the reason itself

For what it's worth, yours was the only competing design this week that I would actually wear, and thus the only design that I voted for. Keep submitting!

gutfeeling

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gutfeeling

Thank you both for the feedback. I didn't realize the square mattered so much. As for placement, I think I see what you mean. Little voodoo doll would look great off to a corner. I think it is too late for him, but I will use this for my next derby ideas.
Thanks again.

dwayri

quality posts: 6 Private Messages dwayri
Re: Good one, Dad!

Nice take on the classic trick! The picture says it all and says it well!

ssnelson

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ssnelson
truffleshuffle wrote:A second version. Thanks to Kinzoku for the awesome suggestions

I would punch several small children for a print of this instead of a t-shirt.

rain0rshine

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rain0rshine

Love, love, love this design. I will definitely order one for myself and others if this is a winner. =)

[edit: for a silly typo]

Fumi

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Fumi
Re: HUGE mistake (V2)

i like this one better
got my vote >.<

yankeebird

quality posts: 7 Private Messages yankeebird
MathUhhhSaurus wrote:well...the wizard is holding a wand that the cat is coming out of, so it's safe to assume that the wizard made the cat in hopes to fight the hooded figure. But, the cat isn't helpful at all, hence the wizard's annoyed face. You really don't have to know that the cat is a parody of a "patronus" and the hooded figure is a parody of a "dementor" to get it.

But why would I assume the wizard conjured something up to fight the cloaked figure? My mind did not lead to "there's going to be a fight" at all when I saw this. I get that the wizard made the cat, but the "why" is what was lost on me. For all I know, he made a cat because he thought cloak dude was allergic or just plain didn't like cats, and is annoyed that cloaky dude actually seems to love cats. Guess I'm just dense.

Josephus

quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus
kylemittskus wrote:Kenny is a completely different story.

apparently woot's been blocked at kenny's job, so he's unable to play.

DoublEE

quality posts: 8 Private Messages DoublEE
omninull wrote:Same mythos, but they each look DIFFERENT.

Oh, I see. Same crutches, different walking style.

Jestik

quality posts: 50 Private Messages Jestik
Re: Grimoire Ver 2

the only shirt I'd buy this week.

DoubleHeart

quality posts: 0 Private Messages DoubleHeart
snowfreeze wrote:Too much zipper. Otherwise pretty cool.

I really like this design! I wish you entered this earlier.

ekio

quality posts: 3 Private Messages ekio
Re: Finders Keepers...

What a talented daughter you have. I do hope to see more from you two!

ekio

quality posts: 3 Private Messages ekio
Re: In magic skies

This is a great drawing of a dragon. I'd love to have seen some more color in the piece, but the line work is great! ^_^

ocdaws

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ocdaws

Jolteon, Leafeon, Vaporeon and Flareon?

VonMonkey

quality posts: 3 Private Messages VonMonkey

twitterlu

quality posts: 0 Private Messages twitterlu
Re: The wrong rabbit for the show

I want one! That bunny is gorgeous.

gingercookiequeen

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gingercookiequeen
DoubleHeart wrote:I really like this design! I wish you entered this earlier.

THANKS!!! This is my first derby entry ever and I'm really excited to have gotten 60 votes in 24 hours! :D I would have loved to have been able to enter this earlier…unfortunately I suffered serious head trauma at the gym Monday --> ER --> finishing this design with a major concussion (I’m almost back to 100% now). So I’m just ecstatic about getting to submit it at all!! XD

h0odlamdroid

quality posts: 0 Private Messages h0odlamdroid

Im looking at where youre putting the symbols and determining if it can be solved. im nerd like that haha

Andy47240

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Andy47240
h0odlamdroid wrote:Im looking at where youre putting the symbols and determining if it can be solved. im nerd like that haha

I spent some time looking at that too, but I gave up.

katrinabean86

quality posts: 1 Private Messages katrinabean86
keithjmc wrote:I didn't see it until I read your post and even then it took me a second to process the scissors.

Agreed. I had no idea what was happening. It's the scissors. Makes more sense now but they don't look enough like scissors.

mikenytola

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mikenytola
walmazan wrote:Yay! Thanks so much for all your support, you are the best!

I traveling in México visit my family and I don't have too much access to internet , but I'm so happy about this tee in the fog!

Gracias!

Don't forget to update your sig to this design! I must have this one to add to my shirt woot... I mean walamzan collection!

bluejester

quality posts: 563 Private Messages bluejester
Josephus wrote:apparently woot's been blocked at kenny's job, so he's unable to play.

Awww man....

That's too bad. I know they were corny and not that good, but I have to say it always gave me a laugh seeing how he'd wedge those pucker lips into almost any situtation.

neeznoodle

quality posts: 0 Private Messages neeznoodle
ekio wrote:What a talented daughter you have. I do hope to see more from you two!

Thank you! I'm really having fun now that I have a grasp on hafltones. Had I understood them for this I could have made it sooo much better. At one point I was ready to quit, but now I'm having too much fun to stop. As long as my daughter keeps drawing, I'll keep entering.

IgnatiusRiley

quality posts: 1 Private Messages IgnatiusRiley
omninull wrote:Same mythos, but they each look DIFFERENT.

And for every Cthulhu shirt Drakxxx/CD make, there's many they make that don't feature him. Like their two incredible submissions this week that'll probably lose to Ramy's Rabbit Part XXXXXXVI.

leommj

quality posts: 0 Private Messages leommj
Re: Wizard Magic Party

Niiiice! Would certainly buy!

onecoolsob

quality posts: 0 Private Messages onecoolsob
Re: beard magic!

I gotta agree with some of the other comments that it's not completely clear that the magic is coming from the beard, but this is such a sweet design! Great color choices (both design and tee). The dragon is frickin' awesome!! I'm keeping my fingers crossed that this one is getting printed!! Congrats!

kevlar51

quality posts: 46 Private Messages kevlar51
joemail11 wrote:I meant this one.

Thanks for sticking up for me

drainhts

quality posts: 0 Private Messages drainhts
DoublEE wrote:Oh, I see. Same crutches, different walking style.

Okay, let's play this game.

Of the six designs you mentioned, five have been submitted to Shirt.Woot, and only three have printed (of a total of eighteen), over the course of the artist's career, which, if Shirt.What can be believed, started in September of 2008, and basic investigation shows that none have sold beyond four thousand, if even that much.

Ramy has submitted nine designs since November of 2008 where rabbits were the primary focal point and seven designs where a death character was the focal point, and Grim Optimism alone sold nearly nine thousand units. Six total of these designs have printed, of a total of thirty three prints.

So,

1.) In a shorter amount of time, Ramy has submitted nearly three times the amount of designs (thirteen focusing on a rabbit, death, or both) to Woot than Drakxxx based on the offending material,

2,) Though by only three, Ramy has won more often than Drakxxx with these repeated characters (six to three),

3.) Drakxxx has submitted a shirt using these characters about once every six months; Ramy has submitted one about every nine weeks,

4.) Ramy has, with one shirt, sold more than double most of Drakxxx's sales (and in many cases more than triple), and

5.) in terms of overall derby prints, Ramy has printed nearly double the amount of times Drakxxx has.

Now, I have no vested interest in Ramy printing or not printing, but if you're going to argue that Drakxxx needs to be held to the same level of scrutiny as Ramy, it's important you have all of the numbers to work with, if only for perspective. Enjoy.

jumcdona

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jumcdona
Re: Big Bad Voodoo Bunny

I'm so sad this didn't make it! I would buy this shirt in a heartbeat.

joemail11

quality posts: 34 Private Messages joemail11
IgnatiusRiley wrote:Ramy's Rabbit Part XXXXXXVI.

The discussion is over, so I can be extremely rude:

It's LXVI.

jbobs

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jbobs

This is fantastic - lots of great entries, love this one though.

Dumb question, but this is the first time I've looked in on a derby - how the heck do you "vote" for your favorites? I can't seem to find a button or link anywhere.