quality posts: 0 Private Messages roxy86
Re: The Sword Spirit

Where is the magic?

rogerrogerroger

quality posts: 1 Private Messages rogerrogerroger

back from the deadddd...

Johndis5

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Johndis5
novastarj wrote:Way too many colors and copyrighted character, but other than that I love the concept.

Was that sarcasm? There is no concept here... at all. It's a photo that was filtered.

roxy86

quality posts: 0 Private Messages roxy86
Re: Harry the potter

LOL!! gmv!

crystalfairy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages crystalfairy
Re: Tricks are for Kids

silly rabbit

JRWorkshop

quality posts: 0 Private Messages JRWorkshop

F(x)ckin' Amazing!! Hooray for mind blowing artwork like this!!

chumpmagic

quality posts: 9 Private Messages chumpmagic
Re: Let's Try That Again

I don't know why, but I thought the magician was pinocchio from the small image... Well at least that convinced me to click (and vote for) it

Great work and great concept.

jessieboomboom

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jessieboomboom

Love it!

parrotworks

quality posts: 16 Private Messages parrotworks

Gotta love a world where twisted = talented.

chumpmagic

Re: The Disappearing Mouse Trick

Colors came out great! Good job SP with this wonderful concept!

bluejester

quality posts: 550 Private Messages bluejester
Spiritgreen wrote:Sorry, bluejester's wife.

It was only a flaming skeleton. :p

Haha! No probs. I still love the shirt. Just have to be careful when I wear it...
I have to say though it has altered my shirt buying just a bit. I want to wear my shirts in peace and not have the, "I think I'm gonna hurl" look. If it's any help, she had a "That's a little wrong" reaction to Dooomcat's "You weren't Invited" shirt.

Anyways to not totally hijack the thread with my shirt woes:

Again, like the shirt, but sadly can't get if it wins. However, I do have a brother-in-law that is a big Monty Python fan and might snag this up.

chumpmagic

genericsmith wrote:I really love this design... I was shocked to see it so bright (and the girl a blond) because of the preview image.

It's awesome regardless... I'm really looking forward to buying it this weekend. (Vote!!!)

I too liked the concept image with the muted, dark color scheme... but the line work and characters are so awesome in this one that I think I was a sucker from the get-go! Pure awesomeness!!!

TonyGreyfox

quality posts: 3 Private Messages TonyGreyfox
Re: The Weasel and the Owl

How often do you find a freakin' weasel on a T-shirt? Insta-vote!

zekecatz

quality posts: 193 Private Messages zekecatz
Johndis5 wrote:I think this would be good for a Fantasy derby. Not seeing much magic here.

Haven't you ever been in love? That's real magic.

genericsmith

quality posts: 15 Private Messages genericsmith
Re: Create life

Very cool design, well drawn characters.

BUT

I do feel bad for the fish when it springs to life... It's pretty much screwed. Maybe if she had a bucket of water with her.

Just a minor thing I thought of after looking at the design. Great though.

Munchy Attack If you can find the name of this artist & real song title I'll buy you a daily woot shirt (your choice what day)

Dystopia Dark Lager, Where the Wild Parties at?, B.A. Bearacus, and many more wanted in XXL(PLEASE!!!)
Edgar Allen Poe shall remained headlock'd until Nevermore is reckoned.

dsgnGrl

quality posts: 5 Private Messages dsgnGrl
MacTheHero wrote:I'm just going to warn you now, it'll probably be rejected cause it goes outside the borders for where images go on the shirt

I was thinking the same thing, it seems taller than the Woot template.

genericsmith

Re: They call me... Tim

PP... I'm not always the biggest fan of your designs but I *really* like this shirt.

I'm not crazy about the rabbit, but I don't know what I'd change about it.

If it wins I'd most likely buy one. I can't vote for it however just because I don't want ANY shirt more than KF's Magik and I can't risk doing anything that could cause it to not win.

But you get a compliment... close to as good right?

Munchy Attack If you can find the name of this artist & real song title I'll buy you a daily woot shirt (your choice what day)

Dystopia Dark Lager, Where the Wild Parties at?, B.A. Bearacus, and many more wanted in XXL(PLEASE!!!)

dsgnGrl

quality posts: 5 Private Messages dsgnGrl

I love the look on the poor bear's face!

tgentry

quality posts: 109 Private Messages tgentry

Staff

Re: The Dark Wizard

This is a notice that the shirt color you're using doesn't quite match the color from the swatches provided in our templates. For future entries please download the latest templates and use the colors provided.

djtheatre

quality posts: 0 Private Messages djtheatre
novastarj wrote:Nice artwork, but is it "magic"? I'm curious about your interpretation, maybe there's something I'm missing.

I went with that there's a magic sword and magic ring. That's how I was able to justify it at least. Thanks for the compliment.

chumpmagic

profbrendan wrote:Okay...so why is Death there?

That's kind of an issue for me as well. It make's it seem like the overall theme here is his version of Death; however, that is only because I know he has used the Grim Reaper/ bunny combo a few times before. In this case, the background is interchangeable, meaning it could be a construction site with a skeleton, hardhat, work gloves, et cetera... and the concept here would still work.

HOWEVER, if you look at it with fresh eyes, ignoring his past work, it's easy to assume that the bunny is more related to the magician than death.

I too question why death is in there. It would work with out it, and it alludes to a different theme knowing his past work (this doesn't make it rejection worthy... Don't go tattling with my words ). There may be some inner thought that I am missing though... like the Grimm reapers bunny got loose, was picked up by a magician to use in a magical act, the magical act turn into a blood shed, and the Grim reaper appears to collect the dead and and finds his bunny??? ...who knows.

Anyhoo. Good stuff!

tgentry

Staff

Re: Just Like Magic

This is a notice that the shirt color you're using doesn't quite match the color from the swatches provided in our templates. For future entries please download the latest templates and use the colors provided.

tgentry

Staff

Re: Magic of Life

chumpmagic

Re: They call me... Tim

This has officially inspired me to get better with halftones. That fire is too Good!

purplefeather

quality posts: 8 Private Messages purplefeather

I like the coloring on this as well. It almost reminds me of a vintage carnival poster.

Kasona

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Kasona
Re: Vengeful Magic

baahahah! That's great!

awkwardmoose

quality posts: 0 Private Messages awkwardmoose
Re: The Weasel and the Owl

Oh boy, do I love this! As a loyal Slytherin, though, I'd love to see an albino ferret as Malfoy rather than one representing Ron..

kaseyfleming

quality posts: 1 Private Messages kaseyfleming
genericsmith wrote:I really love this design... I was shocked to see it so bright (and the girl a blond) because of the preview image.

It's awesome regardless... I'm really looking forward to buying it this weekend. (Vote!!!)

Thanks! It wasn't easy picking out the colors for this design. I really could have gone in any direction and its only 5 inks. I wanted to try something that would help the design appeal to a broad audience.

Thanks to everybody else so far for votes and comments!!!

tgentry

Staff

Re: The Sword Spirit

collinvh

quality posts: 55 Private Messages collinvh

Very nice design! I like the minimal use of color.

profbrendan

quality posts: 7 Private Messages profbrendan
chumpmagic wrote:That's kind of an issue for me as well...in this case, the background is interchangeable, meaning it could be a construction site with a skeleton, hardhat, work gloves, et cetera... and the concept here would still work...
I too question why death is in there. It would work with out it, and it alludes to a different theme knowing his past work (this doesn't make it rejection worthy... Don't go tattling with my words ). There may be some inner thought that I am missing though... like the Grimm reapers bunny got loose, was picked up by a magician to use in a magical act, the magical act turn into a blood shed, and the Grim reaper appears to collect the dead and and finds his bunny??? ...who knows.

See, I was thinking along the same lines as you. For one thing, your initial point about the interchangeable concept is completely true. And perhaps this IS supposed to be Death's bunny that mistakenly got used by a magician and is now being retrieved by his rightful owner. I guess my question to Ramy would be, since when does Death have a bunny? I'm not even talking about comedic license here because I have no problem with absurdity (done well), I'm saying there's no establishment of these two characters having any sort of connection. I could even understand the intent if the bunny had maybe a tiny cloak or a scythe or bone hands. ANYTHING to identify it being Death's pet. General carnage doesn't do that.

Brandysv751

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Brandysv751
dsgnGrl wrote:I am not quite sure what is going on here, but I like it!

Lol, yeah that was something we were going for. We are glad you like.

collinvh

Very cool style! Great job on this design. Makes me want to get out my paints or do a magic trick. +1

DoublEE

quality posts: 8 Private Messages DoublEE
Re: The wrong rabbit for the show

Let me just say well done...

ciaranannrach

quality posts: 3 Private Messages ciaranannrach
ChaosDoctor07 wrote:Perhaps it's just me, but could you explain how this relates to the derby theme of magic? My first impression is, that although this looks pretty cool, I fail to see the relationship between ninjas, swords and dragons to the theme (dragons do not themselves equal magic).

Whose to say that the ninja didn't cast a magical spell upon his sword, giving it an ethereal green glow/dragon?

Maybe the sword is magical, and inhabited by an ethereal dragon?

Lots of ways to go with this to tie it to theme. Seems fine to me, and GMV. I hope this prints.

genericsmith

Re: Good one, Dad!

One of my all time favorite "Illusions"

collinvh

Love, Love, Love the illustration but don't see the magic theme here.

bluejester

quality posts: 550 Private Messages bluejester
profbrendan wrote:See, I was thinking along the same lines as you. For one thing, your initial point about the interchangeable concept is completely true. And perhaps this IS supposed to be Death's bunny that mistakenly got used by a magician and is now being retrieved by his rightful owner. I guess my question to Ramy would be, since when does Death have a bunny? I'm not even talking about comedic license here because I have no problem with absurdity (done well), I'm saying there's no establishment of these two characters having any sort of connection. I could even understand the intent if the bunny had maybe a tiny cloak or a scythe or bone hands. ANYTHING to identify it being Death's pet. General carnage doesn't do that.

I interpreted it more as Death was there because there happened to be carnage in the area, and he was looking for the source of said carnage. Looking around, to his astonishment/puzzlement all that he could find was a blood soaked bunny.

genericsmith

Re: Left on the shelf

Great design!

I'm glad you went with something on the back of the card!

I hope it does well.

qwasdfz

quality posts: 4 Private Messages qwasdfz

YES!!!!! I LOVE MONTY PYTHON!!!!!!!!!!!!