+ Add a Comment

bassanimation

quality posts: 98 Private Messages bassanimation
Re: FIRE

That is one awesome phoenix!!! Great work, fmouse!

FlyingMouse365

quality posts: 5 Private Messages FlyingMouse365
Re: The Sword Spirit

Very wearable.

FlyingMouse365

FlyingMouse365

Re: The wrong rabbit for the show

Look like a winner to me.

FlyingMouse365

FlyingMouse365

Re: MAGIK

Beautiful color!

tgentry

quality posts: 111 Private Messages tgentry

Staff

Re: Vengeful Magic

This is a just a notice that the shirt color you're using doesn't quite match the color from the swatches provided in our templates. It may be just a subtle change, but please check to make sure you have the latest templates and use the colors provided.

FlyingMouse365

bassanimation wrote:That is one awesome phoenix!!! Great work, fmouse!

Thanks Bass

taternuggets

quality posts: 23 Private Messages taternuggets
Re: Size Matters

I disagree with your rejection woot. Take that.

Nothing follows.

radiomode

quality posts: 3 Private Messages radiomode
roxy86 wrote:Where is the magic?

Magic means having supernatural powers. This is actually about sword with supernatural power.

tgentry

Staff

Re: Good one, Dad!

This is a just a notice that the shirt color you're using doesn't quite match the color from the swatches provided in our templates. It may be just a subtle change, but please check to make sure you have the latest templates and use the colors provided.

ignorant

quality posts: 5 Private Messages ignorant

"we can't do it" - why not??

"not appropriate for our audience" - that makes even less sense, how is this inappropriate?

acfrench

quality posts: 0 Private Messages acfrench
Re: The Weasel and the Owl

you have no idea how badly I want this shirt...

radiomode

Re: FIRE

love it!

taternuggets

Re: Let's Try That Again

The lack of remorse displayed from the first attempts is disturbing.... GMV!

Nothing follows.

kinzoku

quality posts: 17 Private Messages kinzoku
Re: The Illusionist

I'm not sure what's going on with the colors here. There's black ink on the big image, but on the shirt template there's no black ink? Unless I'm not seeing this right...

radiomode

Re: The Disappearing Mouse Trick

Great idea + super cute

FlyingMouse365

Re: Rabbit Trick

Great idea!

bluejester

quality posts: 569 Private Messages bluejester
ignorant wrote:"we can't do it" - why not??

"not appropriate for our audience" - that makes even less sense, how is this inappropriate?

Probably the placement of Harry's wand and hand is less than subtle. I know Walmazan did "por.n stars" entry that was pretty funny and lighthearted, but it was skating on the edge (I know, because I own one). Heck, woot even had to change the title on it to "Special Delivery" so it would meet their standards.

But yeah, lack of subtlety is likely what killed this.

tgentry

Staff

Re: The Illusionist

rivetheart

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rivetheart
Re: MAGIK

this is such a beautiful design! ive never bought a "natural" colored shirt before but if this prints i might have to!

tgentry

Staff

Re: Tricks are for Kids

This is a just a notice that the background color you're using doesn't quite match the color from the swatches provided in our templates. It may be just a subtle change, but please check to make sure you have the latest templates and use the colors provided.

tgentry

Staff

Re: Clear Cut Revenge

DianaSprinkle

quality posts: 151 Private Messages DianaSprinkle
Spiritgreen wrote:Wheee, fun! ^__^

I love how you draw your rabbits. I've never seen anyone else do it this way.

Aaaaaiiiii, they're making themselves!!

I keep trying new things and old things. =P

penthus

quality posts: 3 Private Messages penthus
stingray69 wrote:I can't hear that song without thinking of Gob's magic show. Nice reference. Too bad you can't actually write "The Final Countdown" on there somewhere.

I was thinking the exact same thing. Haha.

taternuggets

bluejester wrote:Probably the placement of Harry's wand and hand is less than subtle. I know Walmazan did "por.n stars" entry that was pretty funny and lighthearted, but it was skating on the edge (I know, because I own one). Heck, woot even had to change the title on it to "Special Delivery" so it would meet their standards.

But yeah, lack of subtlety is likely what killed this.

We can't even do halftones and now we gotta come up with subtle? geesh.

Appreciate your interpretation though.

Nothing follows.

blanked

quality posts: 10 Private Messages blanked
gutfeeling wrote:I took the photo of my hand, but other than that everything else is photoshoped.

If only the hand is a photo that is what you have to change. Do you feel comfortable drawing? A hand with the fingers together is easier than spread.

Also, the fire is full of fine detail. Make double sure that you display halftones in the image people are voting on, and that the halftones aren't too small.

tgentry

Staff

Re: TaDaa!

This is a just a notice that the background color you're using doesn't quite match the color from the swatches provided in our templates. It may be just a subtle change, but please check to make sure you have the latest templates and use the colors provided.

taternuggets

And don't even try to tell me that "can't do it" has anything to do with it looking like a known character... You obviously have never noticed that Harry Potter's arms match each other in length. Unlike this one.... :/

Nothing follows.

SeedUvPain

quality posts: 11 Private Messages SeedUvPain
Re: Wizard Magic Party

Any magician can pull a rabbit out of a hat..but it takes a wizard to give it some pizazz

tgentry

Staff

Spiritgreen

quality posts: 223 Private Messages Spiritgreen

That's weird, the cream is a perfect match to the one I have from the template. (Has the template changed in the last year?)

Anyhoo, awesome design Seed'. Very creatively done and with a well judged simple, style.

blk909

quality posts: 0 Private Messages blk909
Re: Left on the shelf

What color is the shirt?

blanked

quality posts: 10 Private Messages blanked
JRWorkshop wrote:Great halftones, but the bunny is flying or the ripper has glue on his hand because he's not putting any pressure on the rabbit's hears.
(Besides, an almost identical idea was already rejected because of being too similar to a previous shirt)

http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=46195
That shirt is closer in concept to this one. However that one didn't print and as it is the same artist I believe a rework is allowed.

gutfeeling

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gutfeeling
blanked wrote:If only the hand is a photo that is what you have to change. Do you feel comfortable drawing? A hand with the fingers together is easier than spread.

Also, the fire is full of fine detail. Make double sure that you display halftones in the image people are voting on, and that the halftones aren't too small.

okay, we will try this one more time. Thanks

tgentry

Staff

Spiritgreen wrote:That's weird, the cream is a perfect match to the one I have from the template. (Has the template changed in the last year?)

Anyhoo, awesome design Seed'. Very creatively done and with a well judged simple, style.

I pulled the template from the derby submission page this morning. I'm not sure what the last change was, so it's possible you have an outdated version. It's also possible that some people are saving their files in a way that is altering the colors. I tested saving out some jpegs from Illustrator and Photoshop and got versions that kept the color completely intact. I'll probably test that further on this weekend or Monday to see if I can find a common problem people might be making when saving them out. That will be helpful to know in addition to people making sure their templates are up to date.

kylemittskus

quality posts: 232 Private Messages kylemittskus
kinzoku wrote:I'm not sure what's going on with the colors here. There's black ink on the big image, but on the shirt template there's no black ink? Unless I'm not seeing this right...

I think the shirt is black so it's negative space.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

MacTheHero

quality posts: 0 Private Messages MacTheHero
Lagbert wrote:Do you have a close up of the halftones?

That work for you.

noblehappenstance

quality posts: 0 Private Messages noblehappenstance
tgentry wrote:I pulled the template from the derby submission page this morning. I'm not sure what the last change was, so it's possible you have an outdated version. It's also possible that some people are saving their files in a way that is altering the colors. I tested saving out some jpegs from Illustrator and Photoshop and got versions that kept the color completely intact. I'll probably test that further on this weekend or Monday to see if I can find a common problem people might be making when saving them out. That will be helpful to know in addition to people making sure their templates are up to date.

Please keep us updated on this issue, I think I have the same template others are using, got it sometime last year. Is it possible that "saving for web and devices" in photoshop or some other settings are causing a color shift?

Rake This![/url]

bluetuba

quality posts: 58 Private Messages bluetuba
Re: Grimoire

I really really like this fellas, I too wish it was a touch bigger because the details are just so brutally cool, but regardless.. I want this shirt bad.

"You can't just dress a Minion like Spock, and add a caption that says "Logical Me". There's a prison for people like that. Below my house."