capsfanbryce

quality posts: 4 Private Messages capsfanbryce
Re: Versus All

Awesome colors and fantastic design. I hope to see this printed for sure, great work!

jbb04

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jbb04

I like the glowing sword effect. i'm a sucker for lightsabers and lightsaberesque art.

DoublEE

quality posts: 8 Private Messages DoublEE

Wow, people have resorted to color counting in order to squash RamyB. You can't beat the entertainment value this place provides.

xxjana

quality posts: 0 Private Messages xxjana
Re: Misguided Robots Attempt to Save the World

what an original idea!!

RaveDroid

quality posts: 15 Private Messages RaveDroid
Re: Fate of the Planet

Holy. Cow.
This is incredible. When it prints I'm buying the largest shirt size possible to turn into a wallscroll.

If you can read this, yourᅠbrowser'sᅠCompatibilityᅠsettings
areᅠconfiguredᅠcorrectly.ᅠᅠツ

cdrewlow

quality posts: 9 Private Messages cdrewlow
Re: Kaiju Koroshiya

I would have voted for it's coolness alone, but I'm also happy that I learned that kaiju means strange beast. Hooray for new words!

NickelNickel

quality posts: 0 Private Messages NickelNickel
swimmer91 wrote:thats the point!

So at the end of the world, the last woman is... a man?

murraymullet

quality posts: 1 Private Messages murraymullet
Re: Versus All

WINNER!! +1

studio1172

quality posts: 0 Private Messages studio1172
Re: Protector

I wish Woot would give a hint to what the next derby is. I feel like doing something.

studio1172

taternuggets wrote:I think something must be wrong with shirt.woot, my vote count stopped going up. :/

Let me help you out on that.

studio1172

Re: Horton 2.0

I dig this a lot! I really like the sketchy grass.

studio1172

Re: Peace

This is really nice. Simple design and a very strong emotion/message. Top notch!

taternuggets

quality posts: 22 Private Messages taternuggets
studio1172 wrote:Let me help you out on that.

heh... thanks.

Nothing follows.

spideroffaith77

quality posts: 0 Private Messages spideroffaith77
ocdboy777 wrote:I love chumps work and this is no exception.

Exact same design: Not at all.

Similar enough to make someone think of Flower Carrier at first glance: Without a doubt.

Different enough to avoid rejection: I'd say so.

/2 cents

Chump, this design is awesome!!! The detailed simplicity is perfect for the message you are trying to send. I dont get why everyone is so up in arms about how this one compares to the other. They are two very different designs. Yes, yours has a robot, and yes yours has a flower. Thus ends the simularities.
As an artist/teacher, the best part of your design is that you have given us a story, not just a single image.

fantastic stuff!!

kooshilova

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kooshilova
Re: Just Robots

Oh god! It really does look like Canti from FLCL... I've seen the anime ages ago and totally forgot all about it. When brainstorming for ideas, I kept drawing robots with monitors for heads and faces. I wanted the robot interacting with the girl to be more humanoid than the rest of the crew populating the drawn city... and now I feel bad.

megsck

quality posts: 6 Private Messages megsck
Re: Saving the world, one small step at a time

if you look at his comp you will see that his background actually has a gradient and a halftone where the shirt and zombie hand are, so the bg is lighter in some places and darker in others. but it all looks navy to me, and when i use my dropper in photoshop they are the same. mostly likely there has been more than one person to tattle on this about the color, and most likely they checked it out and found only 6, otherwise this would have been rejected already. unless they are just being mean and are waiting til you cant submit anymore to reject it, which would be really messed up to single someone out like that.

so the colors have been counted, there are either 6 or 7, either way constantly posting about it isnt helping or doing anything.

j5

quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5
kingdomkeeper wrote:Oh come on! This should be in the fog!!!!! Of all the shirts in the derby, this has to me the one I most want printed!

studio1172 wrote:Why is this not in the fog? Pure science fiction orgasm.

Assassin15 wrote:How is it that none of your really good designs win? This is so sick guys. I can't believe it's not fogged.

Because high-concept fantasy art has a limited audience. If Frank Frazetta were still alive and submitting derby entries, such would be his fate as well.

move along

thatrobert

quality posts: 26 Private Messages thatrobert

• Congratulations on winning a Best Loser Award!
  • This is not SPAM.
  • Winning a BLA does NOT mean this shirt won't print -- I'm hoping it does.
  • Your one and only gift is this crappy little badge in your shirt thread. Enjoy.
  • And when we quiet down, the house chants on without us.

thatrobert

Re: Alien Vs Robot RESUB 2

• This is not SPAM.
  • Your one and only gift is this crappy little badge in your shirt thread. Enjoy.

thatrobert

• This is not SPAM.

thatrobert

Re: W.W.Z. Mechanized Aerial Defense

• This is not SPAM.

thatrobert

Re: The Big Gentleman

• This is not SPAM.

thatrobert

Re: Atlus and Leto: The New Titans

• This is not SPAM.

thatrobert

Re: The Binary League: Defending the Earth Since 1907

• This is not SPAM.

jasneko

quality posts: 30 Private Messages jasneko
Re: The Big Gentleman

Awesome monster maze/mess and mash Spiritgreen! So many scary mouths and details but still serves as a sort of background to the big gentleman!

DianaSprinkle

quality posts: 128 Private Messages DianaSprinkle
pippin247 wrote:nice job, really different from a lot of the other submissions this derby.

Thanks! I tried a more fighty submission as well but I'm not that good with robots and I think it got a little strange. =D

jasneko

quality posts: 30 Private Messages jasneko
Re: [url=http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=51073]ECO-ROBO UNIT

Really awesome robot!

tico0001

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tico0001
Wizzr wrote:Yeah, it was risky with the text, I tried skirting the line, and failed. I'd figured on generating a multi-colored one if this got past the text rule as an alt version, might do that for the shop around. thanks for comment and advise.

I really like this! I hope you can sell it somewhere else. Let us know!

~Tico

DianaSprinkle

quality posts: 128 Private Messages DianaSprinkle
j5 wrote:Because high-concept fantasy art has a limited audience. If Frank Frazetta were still alive and submitting derby entries, such would be his fate as well.

Also I've noticed that if you make a design too manly or too girly then it's generally hard to get a really high vote count on woot.

Nice job on the image guys! This is really nice. Reminds me of a heavy metal album cover. =D

kooshilova

creativehack wrote:I like this one, can we get another image to display some of the details?

btw, is the image fully within the printable area?

Thank you! I *thought* the image was within the printable area...which, of course, doesn't make it true.
This is forever late, but here's a close up:

kooshilova

Also-
Thank you for the lovely comments, everyone!
And the BLA, of course ^_^

VonMonkey

quality posts: 3 Private Messages VonMonkey
kooshilova wrote:Also-
Thank you for the lovely comments, everyone!
And the BLA, of course ^_^

I love this one, I think it's my favourite

VonMonkey

quality posts: 3 Private Messages VonMonkey
thatrobert wrote:

• This is not SPAM.

Why thank you thatrobert... or should I say THAT ROBOT! Yes, I've seen through your cunning disguise, you mechanical cad!

ocdboy777

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ocdboy777
spideroffaith77 wrote:Chump, this design is awesome!!! The detailed simplicity is perfect for the message you are trying to send. I dont get why everyone is so up in arms about how this one compares to the other. They are two very different designs. Yes, yours has a robot, and yes yours has a flower. Thus ends the simularities.
As an artist/teacher, the best part of your design is that you have given us a story, not just a single image.

fantastic stuff!!

Maybe you need to read my post again... "Up in arms"? Hardly. Heck, I voted for it.

theLordsarmy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages theLordsarmy
renegadetim wrote:I posted in the original wondering why no one got it or were commenting on it before seeing this one. This one is executed better, and you can tell it's a turtle! Anyways, here's my post in the other one, since this one is getting more attention.

"Haha, love the idea and the name. Looks like people are just overlooking this and don't appreciate it. Not that it would/should print, just like to see more people at least acknowledge the comedic genius of the title and the little write-up you created!

If I have to spell it out, I will. Spell a word with the first letter of each word in the title and you get...... Ramyb! Genius!"

renegadetim - Ha thanks for the kind words, and for explaining the joke to those that didn't get it.

chumpmagic

quality posts: 9 Private Messages chumpmagic

Thank you so much everyone for the support and thank you for all the kind words. I truly do appreciate it, and I am glad this design appealed to so many. As always, I am so grateful that you guys give a hoot

ocdboy777 wrote:Maybe you need to read my post again... "Up in arms"? Hardly. Heck, I voted for it.

That comment doesn't seem like it was targeting you. Seems more like a misquote which I know I do from time to time. The "leave a comment" button is at the top, so when you scroll down through all the comment, all you find is the reply button.

midgerock

quality posts: 6 Private Messages midgerock
thatrobert wrote:

• This is not SPAM.

Thank you so much for the honor!!!

thatrobert

VonMonkey wrote:Why thank you thatrobert... or should I say THAT ROBOT! Yes, I've seen through your cunning disguise, you mechanical cad!

Drat! (Tin)foiled again!

craftuser

quality posts: 0 Private Messages craftuser

heres one that wont bee seen in the Derby. an hour late...

bassanimation

quality posts: 98 Private Messages bassanimation

Glad to see this getting some love and a BLA! Nice writeup for it too, Robert :D. This design is a lovely visual departure from all the robots, and it has a wonderful message. Great job, dude!