Is any of this in metallic ink?

kooshilova

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kooshilova
VonMonkey wrote:I love this one, I think it's my favourite

Wow thanks! It means a lot!

tico0001

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tico0001
Re: Don't Look Back, I've Got You

Apparently all I needed to start loving your t-shirts were ROBOTS! I've always liked your stuff but the themes were not really for me. I'll have to get this one even it's on black.

~Tico

Bamboota

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Bamboota
thatrobert wrote:

• Congratulations on winning a Best Loser Award!
  • This is not SPAM.
  • Winning a BLA does NOT mean this shirt won't print -- I'm hoping it does.
  • Your one and only gift is this crappy little badge in your shirt thread. Enjoy.
  • And when we quiet down, the house chants on without us.

Awww yay!!! I'm honored!!! ^_^

How come I'm not on the site tho?
http://bestlosers.com/?displaypage=Derby_191_Loser_Awards

Am I hitting the wrong link?! lol

*imma newb* lol

Spiritgreen

quality posts: 215 Private Messages Spiritgreen
Re: The Big Gentleman

Thank you for the BLA, Robert. :^)

And thanks to Bass for the lovely nomination comments on the site, just read 'em.

Bamboota

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Bamboota
jasneko wrote:Really awesome robot!

thank you! :D

IndependentVik

quality posts: 11 Private Messages IndependentVik
Re: Saving the world, one small step at a time

I like this style more than the usual thing from you, ramy, but I'm with bluej: if that's supposed to be the same robot through the whole design (and it seems like it's supposed to be), then it's got some weird inconsistencies from panel to panel.

IndependentVik

quality posts: 11 Private Messages IndependentVik

spilzer

quality posts: 119 Private Messages spilzer
Re: To The Clouds

I love the difference between this and your usual style. The simple almost comic book illustration in this design is really working for me. Good luck, hope it prints!

midgerock

quality posts: 6 Private Messages midgerock
Re: W.W.Z. Mechanized Aerial Defense

I wanted to give a huge thank you to everyone who supported this design.

DianaSprinkle

quality posts: 114 Private Messages DianaSprinkle
Re: Peace

Thanks for all the votes and comments! =D

snowfreeze

quality posts: 0 Private Messages snowfreeze
bassanimation wrote:I wanted to make an image for this derby that depicted the human soul behind the machine. Robots may have the raw power, but it is people who make the desire to protect and save a part of the robot.

This image is also dedicated to Japan. I am greatly saddened by their hardship and loss from the quake. Since I was very young I have been influenced by their art and culture. I hope and wish for a strong recovery for their people and nation.

Thanks everyone, hope you like this one. Its a bit more non literal than I usually sub, but I wanted to put as much thought into it as I could . Ok, off this heinous wi-fi!! Enjoy!

Mirai = "future"

Nice touch, dedicating it to Japan. Hopefully you win so I can buy my wife one.

kevlar51

quality posts: 46 Private Messages kevlar51
Re: Rotation

Again, really do appreciate all the support and votes this design has received--Thanks everyone!!!

Gally242

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Gally242
DianaSprinkle wrote:"Peace"

This robot dove brings us hope that life thrives out there.

Great design! It really shot up there fast in votes too. I hope this gets an HM!

ToasterP

quality posts: 4 Private Messages ToasterP

What an awesome derby this has been, so much win all around. Even stuff this isn't my style has really impressed me with its quality.

Hoping for:(will buy any of)
1)Alien Vs Robot
2)W.W.Z. Mechanized Military Infantry
3)To The Clouds
4)Rotation
5)The Binary League

Still Love:
Don't Look Back: This is beautiful, something about it is just jetsons or peter pan. A truly amazing background scene.

Mirai: There is so much detail and trim in this its awesome. Your use of humanity was very well executed, also the tribute nature of the piece resonates. Mecha just isn't my jam so I could never see myself wearing this.(which is what this is all about)

Fate of the Planet: This is ridiculously well made piece. The quality and effort are so apparent. The non cutesy style is also appreciated. In addition to the mecha problem(for me) this also has a coldness or clinical nature about it that does not appeal.

Saving the world: Well it has no penguins in it so, thats a plus. It is a rather humorous shirt and a well laid presentation of multiple interpretations of saving the world. For me this sticking point comes from the seeming lack of trim or detail in the piece,which i understand is a representation of the artistic choice; but i fundamentally disagree with that given the longer lead in time for this specific derby, which I think you could have utilized more fully.

Relay for Life 2011 Donate to fight cancer

dnaurban

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dnaurban

terrific design! the variety of blues is unique.

Re: Versus All

shanabeth83

quality posts: 0 Private Messages shanabeth83
Re: Mother Nature

Lovely! I'd wear it!

empressnyx

quality posts: 0 Private Messages empressnyx
crete0 wrote:Love it!! the water on the world should be blue instead of grey though... <3

I really like how the only color is green with shades of grey. I think an additional color would ruin the look.

teichman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages teichman
Re: space is dangerous!

Very sad this did not get in.

allielaugh

quality posts: 0 Private Messages allielaugh

Anyways, like others, did not expect to see your name on this shirt design. One question though...Is it intentional that the shape of the robot looks like it is changing slightly over the course of the frames(robot looks rather wider in the last frame). Then again, could just be me. Nevertheless, good work, sir.[/quote]

Well the angle of the robot is changing so maybe thats it...?

fairnymph

quality posts: 55 Private Messages fairnymph
cmdixon2 wrote:No metallic ink. I'm not a huge fan. I'm sure some designs can benefit from metallic inks, but I think it hurts most.

Thanks again everyone for your support this week!

I'm glad there is no metallic ink - I'm not overly fond of it, and really don't like gold at all. So yay! Crossing my fingers for you tomorrow night; your design is the best in the fog, IMO.

My Cellar * Read my ramblings on LiveJournal.

79 wine.woots, 42 shirt.woots, 18 woots, 3 sellout.woots, 1 kids.woot

"I like my Sirah like I like my women: young, Petite and inky." - Thralow on CT

Ryfiel

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Ryfiel

Glad I'm not the only one who thought of Jin Roh

ncbears

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ncbears
kevlar51 wrote:Again, really do appreciate all the support and votes this design has received--Thanks everyone!!!

did you design the stars and lettering with the intent of glow-in-the-dark aspirations? I wouldn't mind seeing this become a poster as well.

othernlights

quality posts: 0 Private Messages othernlights

really hope this shirt gets printed. i need it

VonMonkey

quality posts: 3 Private Messages VonMonkey
Re: The Binary League: Defending the Earth Since 1907

Many thanks to everyone for their votes and lovely comments- I know this one's not a serious contender, but it was nice to finish in the fog! A very pleasant return to the Derby for me, I must do it again some time... and as for Sir Titanius and the gang, well, they have work to do- SAVING THE WORLD!

halcyonnn

quality posts: 1 Private Messages halcyonnn

Beautifully done, but it is a bit too tragic for my taste. I think I just found a new wardrobe rule. I will not wear shirts with dead little girls on them.

unsound000

quality posts: 0 Private Messages unsound000
Re: Setting Happy

The fact that nobody gets this but now I see that it's dead on makes me vote for you.

fusionplank23

quality posts: 0 Private Messages fusionplank23

This is an awesome shirt; Steampunk for the win!

monstermiles16

quality posts: 0 Private Messages monstermiles16

I like the dove with the olive branch it has a great balance and look to it.

hopsof

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hopsof

Is there any way I can get a large jpeg of this? It would make an amazing desktop background!

Chaosegg

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Chaosegg

Best shirt of the derby by far. Hope it gets printed somewhere so I can buy it!

perryn

quality posts: 0 Private Messages perryn
phrozt wrote:I really like the idea of this one... it seems to have more depth than the simple, "world blows up, robot saves a human" ones.

Thanks for the comments on this one. I have to say that I'm a little surprised at how poorly this design did.

questionmarc

quality posts: 0 Private Messages questionmarc
Re: Crush... Kill... Restore...

I've been buying up shirts for a little bit on here (I'm a relative newbie) but that being said, I think your shirt in concept and execution (ESPECIALLY as far as a -shirt- is concerned) is much better than the current winner. I loved the character you created and the story that you tell us about (him/her/it). That is all. Fading back into the shadows now. >.>

robbieAreBest

quality posts: 0 Private Messages robbieAreBest

I have your eating lightning shirt that I wear all the time and I really want this one!

getupeatjelly

quality posts: 0 Private Messages getupeatjelly

i want this shirt sooo bad :D

how do i set my laser printer to stun?

chumpmagic

quality posts: 9 Private Messages chumpmagic
Re: Crush... Kill... Restore...

Thanks you two for such encouraging words. I greatly appreciate it, and it's not a cool T-shirt, but here is the design (little bigger) if you wish to download a copy.

awcoburn

quality posts: 0 Private Messages awcoburn
allielaugh wrote:Anyways, like others, did not expect to see your name on this shirt design. One question though...Is it intentional that the shape of the robot looks like it is changing slightly over the course of the frames(robot looks rather wider in the last frame). Then again, could just be me. Nevertheless, good work, sir.

Well the angle of the robot is changing so maybe thats it...?

It was just poorly executed. Huge shame that this beat Alien vs Robot, To the Clouds and others. Here's hoping Sunday's shirt is a good one...

awcoburn

Re: To The Clouds

Really hoping this prints tomorrow. Good luck!

awcoburn

Re: remember the fallen

I really loved this one. If you submit somewhere else, I hope you'll let us know. It's great!

berserkering

quality posts: 0 Private Messages berserkering
Re: Alien Vs Robot RESUB 2

I was voting for derby 192 when I came across a rejected design. I read some of the comments within the rejected design thread and looked through last derby's shirt prints. Found a comment which spoke of how much they wanted this shirt printed instead of one of the other robot shirts. I'm here now and honestly, I wish this was printed. I'd buy this shirt in a heartbeat. Woot needs to print this shirt.