kevielumps

quality posts: 3 Private Messages kevielumps

Burns' head shape reminds me of Vampire Burns:

We're all children of one big universe, so you don't have to be a chump. -Ben Folds

bocnroc

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bocnroc
sparrowhawk69 wrote:Let the hounds loose!

You mean "Release the hounds"

loyaleagle

quality posts: 2 Private Messages loyaleagle

Sorry, can't say I find this all that funny

My blog: Science Is Magic
On Twitter: Loyaleagle

Woots Purchased: Rainy Souls, Altec Lansing Expressionist Plus 2.1 Speaker System, 1985 BC, Random Shirt (The Quick Brown Fox), Chance of Scattered Showers, Random Shirt (I Wish...), It Came Out of Nowhere

xstevejx

quality posts: 4 Private Messages xstevejx

But downloading wouldn't detect a corrupt file...it would either be missing from the server, timeout or would have to finish downloading before the computer could open it to see if it's corrupt.

joshv517

quality posts: 0 Private Messages joshv517

If only the icon was more recent and relevant such as Hillary Clinton or Bill Gates, it could poke fun at topics that we have nearly forgotten.

geo8rge

quality posts: 33 Private Messages geo8rge

Hey yo that a hook nose, I don't remember Burns having no hook nose. New York representing Yo.

(Overall signature size was getting large. Recommended signature size is 5k.)

chrisprender

quality posts: 312 Private Messages chrisprender

Anybody else remember the "Who Shot Mr. Burns?" saga? It gave our corrupt billionaire a bit of sympathy, at least for a couple episodes.

cinoclav

quality posts: 220 Private Messages cinoclav

Not the least bit funny.

And to those comparing the exact nuances of his nose or hair - the copyright issue here is in no doubt considering you immediately recognized the intended character.

Just a bad move all around guys.

MathUhhhSaurus

quality posts: 58 Private Messages MathUhhhSaurus

I think that this amazing write up should be referenced in the FAQ section. It would be very helpful when one cannot decide if their shirt is offensive or not.

Examine Bindle of Carrots.
What Bindle of Carrots?

iamjessica

quality posts: 4 Private Messages iamjessica

Like others, I don't get it. The only thought I have it to think that this shirt says rich people are corrupt. I guess I don't get it but I am poor and not really corrupt.

I poop while I Woot.

arcooke

quality posts: 0 Private Messages arcooke

How on earth did this shirt make the cut? It's crap. I love the simpsons and all but this just isn't funny.

tinygiraffe

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tinygiraffe

Meh. I'll hold off and save up for Gopher Loafers.

renkenr

quality posts: 7 Private Messages renkenr

Smithers! There's a rocket in my pocket!

one90proof

quality posts: 0 Private Messages one90proof

I don't get all the "hate" for this shirt. I bought one. I thought it was the coolest shirt I've seen in several days.

crystaisilence

quality posts: 0 Private Messages crystaisilence

I'm just going to chime in as the zillionth person who doesn't get it. It's not even all that well put together... ?_?

edison234

quality posts: 1 Private Messages edison234

The silhouette reminded me more of Gary Oldham as Vlad Drac in this movie...

http://www.imdb.com/media/rm3743714816/tt0103874
http://www.imdb.com/media/rm3477181184/tt0103874

michaepf

quality posts: 20 Private Messages michaepf

Billionaires, mass media, corruption, and copyright - I think there are supposed to be a couple differently-themed jokes here, but I don't think they're presented very well.

My Cellar, totally out of date. Useful, I know.

stophe22

quality posts: 5 Private Messages stophe22

Do all you people really not get it, or do you just not think it's funny? If you genuinely don't get the joke, let me explain. That is the silhouette of Montgomery Burns, the corrupt billionaire boss of Homer Simpson on The Simpsons. The t-shirt shows a picture of Burns being downloaded, but the download fails because... wait for it... it is corrupted! BOOM - comedy genius!

zwartepaard

quality posts: 5 Private Messages zwartepaard
blanked wrote:Um, mp3s are an audio format, and an image is being dled.

I know it's an audio format, but the silhouette doesn't really make it look like an image is being downloaded. It's just a silhouette with an error message. The file type could be anything to get the "corrupted file" error. mp3 would at least have another layer of funny in that "Billionaire" is a song and in the recession, even the billionaires "wanna be a billionaire so frickin' bad."

TechGuy125

quality posts: 22 Private Messages TechGuy125
stophe22 wrote:Do all you people really not get it, or do you just not think it's funny? If you genuinely don't get the joke, let me explain. That is the silhouette of Montgomery Burns, the corrupt billionaire boss of Homer Simpson on The Simpsons. The t-shirt shows a picture of Burns being downloaded, but the download fails because... wait for it... it is corrupted! BOOM - comedy genius!

I couldn't agree more. Zero sense of humor with these people. But I guess if its not a dragon or a wizard these fan boys go crazy. I am surprised no one has made the Nuclear plant connection. Which is defiantly not funny. Regardless Hilarious T-Shirt!

mikegberg

quality posts: 56 Private Messages mikegberg
Woot write-up team wrote:We call this color: I was saying Royal Blue-urns.

Rule of thumb: If you make a Hans Moleman reference in your write-up, you're not fooling anyone.

"There are more old wine drinkers than old doCTors." -François Rabelais

nathanwpyle

quality posts: 37 Private Messages nathanwpyle

congrats, David!

this makes me want to watch that coke commercial, which I love

alphanode

quality posts: 0 Private Messages alphanode
renkenr wrote:Smithers! There's a rocket in my pocket!

You don't have to tell me sir.

Also a huge simpsons fan... but for some reason... don't think i'll pull the trigger on this one. (though I would be thrilled if I got it as part of a mystery shirt grab bag - hint hint to the woot gods of randomness).

jouvamoufette

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jouvamoufette

So this is being given to us instead of some of the other derby honorably mention items? Blah. Too much writing, and there's not much of a joke I can see here other than a cultural reference. And if I wanted those, I'd go to Hot Topic.

About the only thing I liked was woot's writing, particularly what they call this color.

lostnightsoul

quality posts: 10 Private Messages lostnightsoul

HA! Krusty Co.

J83pc

quality posts: 3 Private Messages J83pc

To quote a recent shirt entry... Meh.

I love the "Simpsons" but, along with the majority of the posters, I just don't get it.

You didn't always take me where I wanted to go.
No, but I always took you where you needed to go.
doctor.who

Assassin15

quality posts: 161 Private Messages Assassin15
TechGuy125 wrote:I couldn't agree more. Zero sense of humor with these people. But I guess if its not a dragon or a wizard these fan boys go crazy. I am surprised no one has made the Nuclear plant connection. Which is defiantly not funny. Regardless Hilarious T-Shirt!

Well, there are some people here who think that the Simpsons show is a straight-up fail. I'm one of those people, which is why I didn't laugh at this design.

PULL UP YOUR SKIRT, WE'RE ON A MISSION/
WE NEED A HERO, NOT A POLITICIAN - "Panhammer" by Phinehas

Johndis5

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Johndis5
stophe22 wrote:Do all you people really not get it, or do you just not think it's funny? If you genuinely don't get the joke, let me explain. That is the silhouette of Montgomery Burns, the corrupt billionaire boss of Homer Simpson on The Simpsons. The t-shirt shows a picture of Burns being downloaded, but the download fails because... wait for it... it is corrupted! BOOM - comedy genius!

I get it. I think a lot of people do. It's just not funny. It wouldn't be funny if it was a Jatravartid GIF file on a message board, let alone on a Tshirt. It's a poorly executed pop culture reference.

zod1acbea5t

quality posts: 2 Private Messages zod1acbea5t

There where so many good shirts last derby that didn't print. Yet this one has the rudely occupy this day and shed disappointment on wooters everywhere..

verybadperson

quality posts: 1 Private Messages verybadperson

It would be better if it was a picture of George Soros.

Mootacoo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Mootacoo

Wow at first I didn't get it, but now I realize how far from comedy genius this really is.

fooschnickens

quality posts: 1 Private Messages fooschnickens

If only my 'meh' shirt had come in by now I'd wear it in honor of today's shirt.

CaitMarie

quality posts: 0 Private Messages CaitMarie

This is just not T shirt material...its a amusing , but as a T-shirt??!...nah

thumperchick

quality posts: 233 Private Messages thumperchick

This could've been better with the subject matter. I am disappointed. A Simpson's shirt I won't buy - that's odd.

smklung

quality posts: 9 Private Messages smklung
tennisplayer121 wrote:Instead of adding to the corruption, I'll choose to not purchase this t-shirt. Way to add to the problem by supporting Wootazon with your purchase.

listen, who needs/wants to have original shirt ideas? People should only wear shirts with popular TV icons on them.

xstevejx

quality posts: 4 Private Messages xstevejx

I don't think there's many who don't get it. It's just that to most, this shirt = teh suck.

MindlessAutomata

quality posts: 8 Private Messages MindlessAutomata
zosai wrote:I'd bet the "lots of wooters wooting" in Nebraska is really just Warren Buffett buying up a bunch as gag gifts for fellow billionaires. Just to poke a little fun that he avoided the whole mess, ya know?

A student at my university (back before I graduated last semester) in a philosophy class I took wore woot t-shirts all the time, so maybe it's not all Warren Buffett.

smklung

quality posts: 9 Private Messages smklung
TechGuy125 wrote:I couldn't agree more. Zero sense of humor with these people. But I guess if its not a dragon or a wizard these fan boys go crazy. I am surprised no one has made the Nuclear plant connection. Which is defiantly not funny. Regardless Hilarious T-Shirt!

It's not that I don't have a sense of humor, it's that Simpsons references don't interest me, as I'm assuming some others might feel the same way. Also I never voted for any dragons or wizards and i probably never will.

renkenr

quality posts: 7 Private Messages renkenr

It's a sad sad day in Wootville when we are reduced to this.

Can we get a new Woot policy? An "If you don't get it, you can't buy it or comment on it"?? Is that too much to ask?