WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

The voting is closed and while we're printing our Top 3 Vote-Getters in the usual way, this Derby brings with it a special case. In case we haven't beaten you over the head with it enough yet, our Robots Save the World Derby was in partnership with FUNimation to celebrate their release of Evangelion 2.22: You Can (Not) Advance on DVD and Blu-ray. We were content to just do the usual Derby thing, but they insisted on upping the ante with awesome prize packs for our winners AND selecting one winner of their very own on which to bestow over $1,000 worth of anime goodies.

And that was supposed to be that.

But then FUNimation made their pick and it was bassanimation's design, Mirai: 

Suddenly we thought, "Woah. They picked a really great shirt." We hadn't talked about it before, but we suddenly felt compelled to print it. So we did, and now it's ON SALE UNTIL MIDNIGHT SUNDAY NIGHT! Check it out, order it, and then wait a bit because we didn't accommodate this in our original production schedule so it won't be shipping until April 4.

And bassanimation has taken it upon herself to continue the awesomeness of the Derby as well: she has pledged to donate her commission from this design to the Red Cross relief efforts in Japan. Sure, that's probably what we would say in order to boost our sales numbers, but bassanimation isn't a hyper-cynical t-shirt site, she's a real person and stuff. Look, she proves it in a statement:

"Ever since I was a small child, I have been drawn to all things Japan. Their culture and art have inspired my life and creativity in countless ways.  This image was my way of expressing my wishes and hopes for Japan's future as they recover from devastation.  For each sale of this design, 100% of the proceeds given to me will go to the Red Cross for the Japan quake relief effort.  Thank you Woot and FUNimation for this great opportunity to give back to a country that has given so much to me."

So what are you waiting for? Go check out the shirt already! And while you're at it, be a decent human being and find a way to help someone who needs it.

Earlysong

quality posts: 21 Private Messages Earlysong

Great choice, guys! And wow, Bass, that's really nice of you. I hope you enjoy your anime goodies :D

I love this website! ^^

purplefeather

quality posts: 8 Private Messages purplefeather

Grats to Bass! A very nice design! I'll have to buy one before Sunday rolls around.

jasneko

quality posts: 30 Private Messages jasneko

CONGRATS Bassanimation!!!:D

kevlar51

quality posts: 45 Private Messages kevlar51

Congrats Bassanimation--that's extremely generous of you!

lonelypond

quality posts: 414 Private Messages lonelypond

Cool

Drakxxx

quality posts: 16 Private Messages Drakxxx

Awesome to see Bass, and your donation is absolutely outstanding. Big congrats!

vorteks

quality posts: 0 Private Messages vorteks

You mean this design wasn't one of the top 3 anyway?! Man, I was sure it would be. Well I've bought it now.

taternuggets

quality posts: 22 Private Messages taternuggets

Congrats Bass!

Nothing follows.

Darquis

quality posts: 27 Private Messages Darquis

Me, I think you should just throw this into the top 20 with everything else, and should it outlast soemthing else, so be it - more for charity!

megadog

quality posts: 0 Private Messages megadog

Congratulations - so pleased it is going to be printed

rglee129

quality posts: 28 Private Messages rglee129

Awesome! You're a good egg.

And I think you'll be someone who appreciates the prize pack, no?

Congrats, Bass, on a wonderful design.

kldakey

quality posts: 3 Private Messages kldakey

All the designs were great but this one was the only one I was prepared to purchase for myself. I'm happy for Bass. Keep up the great work. And I don't mind paying extra for it.

bluetuba

quality posts: 58 Private Messages bluetuba

Congrats Bass, you deserve it! I'm glad Woot is printing it as well!

"You can't just dress a Minion like Spock, and add a caption that says "Logical Me". There's a prison for people like that. Below my house."

chrisprender

quality posts: 312 Private Messages chrisprender

Sweet, congrats Bassanimation! This one totally deserves a print, and God bless ya for doing something good for the world with it.

Buy shirts and help Japan, everybody. It's goodness all around.

Hypahnova

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Hypahnova

Have any other international Wooters been able to buy the shirt? Keeps giving me a server error :/

What's more, I've emailed service@woot but the automated reply said I'd get a reply after the weekend. The weekend that it's on sale for. Not cool. :/

profbrendan

quality posts: 7 Private Messages profbrendan

Congratulations!
Hopefully Woot promotes this more than the spot on the sidebar over there. I'd really like to see some type of promotion or link up along the top of the main shirt.woot page over the weekend to make sure people see that this is for sale.
Anyway, great work Shawnna!

elviswind

quality posts: 1 Private Messages elviswind

Awesome! Bought'd.

llandar

quality posts: 32 Private Messages llandar
profbrendan wrote:Congratulations!
Hopefully Woot promotes this more than the spot on the sidebar over there. I'd really like to see some type of promotion or link up along the top of the main shirt.woot page over the weekend to make sure people see that this is for sale.
Anyway, great work Shawnna!

Feel free to help us spread the word on Facebook and Twitter.

joybuhler

quality posts: 0 Private Messages joybuhler

So, why isn't Woot giving all of their proceeds from the shirt to the Red Cross along with the artist? This strikes me as pretty puny of Woot not to pitch in too.

chumpmagic

quality posts: 9 Private Messages chumpmagic

Congrats bass! You are awesome and noble!

Great design and great pick FUNimation!

j5

quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5

This outcome is full of awesome.

Congrats to Bassanimation
Mad props for the donation
(more bad rhyming witheld to protect the innocent)

move along

walmazan

quality posts: 62 Private Messages walmazan

Congrats bassa! You are the best!

meh3884

quality posts: 25 Private Messages meh3884

Kitty! Donations! Win!

Proudly tracking via WootStalker.com

profbrendan

quality posts: 7 Private Messages profbrendan
llandar wrote:Feel free to help us spread the word on Facebook and Twitter.

Done!

bassanimation

quality posts: 98 Private Messages bassanimation

Thank you to everyone for your support on this one. I could not talk much about my intentions with this design for obvious reasons. ^^;

When my commission arrives from Woot, I plan to donate the entire amount. I can post the email receipt in this thread after the donation is made . Please post and share the shirt's link! This design will not be featured in the Reckoning, so it's up to us Wooters to network it as much as we can. The more sales, the bigger the amount I can give. :D

Also thank you, Funimation and Woot, for making this possible! :D I hope "Mirai" inspires others to look to the future with strength and hope .

dooomcat

quality posts: 10 Private Messages dooomcat

So cool Bass! Hope it sells lots!
I have a friend in Sendai and we wait with bated breath for every update he sends. What they're going through is just impossible for us to understand

chennai8

quality posts: 2 Private Messages chennai8

Congrats Bass! You are so awesome.
Voted and Bought!

neyfam2000 wrote:Woot!--going from "Deal-a-day" to "Site-a-day"

deltax20a

quality posts: 1 Private Messages deltax20a

I was hoping this design was going to win or place, congrats for the "big win" and the opportunity to toss in a few more dollars towards Japan.

chennai8

quality posts: 2 Private Messages chennai8
joybuhler wrote:So, why isn't Woot giving all of their proceeds from the shirt to the Red Cross along with the artist? This strikes me as pretty puny of Woot not to pitch in too.

Didn't you read the post? They called themselves a "hyper-cynical t-shirt site", thats why!

neyfam2000 wrote:Woot!--going from "Deal-a-day" to "Site-a-day"

kaseyfleming

quality posts: 1 Private Messages kaseyfleming
bassanimation wrote: When my commission arrives from Woot, I plan to donate the entire amount. I can post the email receipt in this thread after the donation is made . Please post and share the shirt's link! This design will not be featured in the Reckoning, so it's up to us Wooters to network it as much as we can. The more sales, the bigger the amount I can give. :D

Lucky! enjoy all that anime loot thats cool your donating the money! Too bad woot can't donate it for you so you don't have to fiddle with uncle sam next year.

bluejester

quality posts: 558 Private Messages bluejester

Bass totally Rocked the Hut on this one.

I loved the line work and detail on this one, and you've done a generous thing here donating the proceeds to the relief effort in Japan.

Congrats on the print, the win, and being an awesome person to boot.

lucky1988

quality posts: 20 Private Messages lucky1988

Congrats Bass! This is an awesome pick. Going to pick one up this weekend.

Darquis

quality posts: 27 Private Messages Darquis
Darquis wrote:Me, I think you should just throw this into the top 20 with everything else, and should it outlast soemthing else, so be it - more for charity!

Or if not that, at least sell it for a decent run, not indefinite like blurry question mark but more than just 3 days

avhienda01

quality posts: 0 Private Messages avhienda01

So happy to see they chose yours, Bass. It also warms my heart immensely to see you donating all of it to Japan. Definitely need to do my part to support your donation this weekend. Best of luck to you Bass, I hope you raise a lot. And once again, congratulations!

ressamac

quality posts: 4 Private Messages ressamac

This is a wonderful design, Shawnna and if possible, an even more wonderful thing to do with your Woot bucks. You go, girl!

LunaGatto

quality posts: 0 Private Messages LunaGatto

spread the word we need more tweet's & more share's on Facebook - only 9 so far.
The more of us that share the farther our reach will go, even if you don't personally want to purchase the shirt someone else might.
Those sales help others in need.

great shirt, great win. Congratulations Bassanimation! (YEAH SHAWNNA!)

megadog

quality posts: 0 Private Messages megadog
Darquis wrote:Me, I think you should just throw this into the top 20 with everything else, and should it outlast soemthing else, so be it - more for charity!

I agree and wouldn't it be really good if woot also donated $1 for every shirt sold (just my opinion - 'every little helps' a slogan for Tesco supermarket in UK lol)

I too have been influenced by Japanese art but I am not a T-shirt artist, but i really admire your contribution Bass -

paigeg

quality posts: 7 Private Messages paigeg

Way to eff with our comfort zone, Woot and Funi-dudes. Left turn - yeah!
And CONGRATS Bass!!!!!! This is an epic win and totally deserved. Go, girl!

Spiritgreen

quality posts: 214 Private Messages Spiritgreen
Hypahnova wrote:Have any other international Wooters been able to buy the shirt? Keeps giving me a server error :/

Just worked fine for me (in the UK). Maybe try again now?

Great choice by FUNimation, and brilliant gesture by bass'. Keep on being awesome. ^__^