cleverett

quality posts: 29 Private Messages cleverett

Congratulations on the print Boots, it's a fantastic design! This is my first shirt.woot purchase in nearly a year (I'm unbelievably picky about what I'll wear), so that says a lot about how great your artwork is.

Also, congrats on not having an incept date. Those can be such a hassle.

misslizzzypooo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages misslizzzypooo
surfhappyhunter wrote:its weird that the young girl looks like my girl friend.

[:

Coffeemancer

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Coffeemancer

I think because of recent events, I saw this at first as a little Japanese girl being carried to safety by her robot friend.

Boots, well done!

Also, another sincere thumbs-up for a write-up with a heart... Usually the snarky write-ups make me laugh... But this one made me smile. It's a nice change.

attackofemos

quality posts: 0 Private Messages attackofemos

Don't mean to troll, but I don't see what's so great about the write-up. No it's not snarky or witty like normal, but it's not a "Beautiful write-up" as all of you have called it.

ariolander

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ariolander

I purchased both this and "Mirai" and I think the draw of both this and Funimation's derby pick is that 'human element' that both seem to display. Both show robots ineracting with man (in this case woman) in a variety of ways and very much appeal to the soul. Congrats to Boots for this excellent submission!

Salinga

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Salinga

So happy to see this print. In for one!

Spiritgreen

quality posts: 217 Private Messages Spiritgreen

Congratulations Boots!

Beautiful work. :^)

Radien

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Radien

The writeup doesn't seem to be what the artist intended, but it is a wonderful fabrication.

fishbiscuit5

quality posts: 35 Private Messages fishbiscuit5

Yay BootsBoots! I love it when you print. Congrats.

walmazan

quality posts: 64 Private Messages walmazan

Congrats BootsBoots! TThis was my favorite for the competition, and I glad you make it!

Felicidades Jamie!

notsomuch

quality posts: 6 Private Messages notsomuch

That write up made me cry a little.

Once you go Mac, you never go back.

Willmonwah

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Willmonwah
attackofemos wrote:Don't mean to troll, but I don't see what's so great about the write-up. No it's not snarky or witty like normal, but it's not a "Beautiful write-up" as all of you have called it.

Friendship, loyalty, sacrifice. Don't call it beautiful but does it at least tug on your heartstrings?

pbmuffin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pbmuffin

I'm not gonna lie. I totally just cried a little :o/ I've never wanted to buy a shirt based on it's story before. XD

talonkarrde88

quality posts: 0 Private Messages talonkarrde88

Right, I know, broken record by now; I just wanted to chime in and say that it was a very, very good writeup.

You guys are the best. Keep it up, okay?

ToasterP

quality posts: 4 Private Messages ToasterP

I think this is an amazing design, but it's just not my jam. congrats boots

I have the worst possible luck with derbies. Of the nine designs in the fog, there were five that I would absolutely buy, with varying levels of enthusiasm. Mirai was picked by FUNimation, which I like but wouldn't wear, taking it down to 8 buys to 3 not buys. All three of the shirts I wouldn't buy printed. Seriously, three shots and I miss all of them? I feel like university of Arizona must have last night.

However, I am determined and will vote on, and hope that next week will be my week...sigh

Relay for Life 2011 Donate to fight cancer

linksdeity

quality posts: 22 Private Messages linksdeity

It's safe to say that I am upset none of these derby shirts feature R-66Y making the forest green.

Jestik

quality posts: 50 Private Messages Jestik
jmmbell1987 wrote:This might be the most lovely design Boots has ever done. A gorgeous, gorgeous shirt. So glad it printed. By far my favorite in this derby.

this, +1 gamillionzilliontrillion.

Just incredibly pleased that this printed. I'm getting one of these no doubt.

a heartfelt congratulation to Ms. Boots on another quality, well-deserved print. You are the wind beneath our collection w00t-wings.

lorikgator

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lorikgator

That's the sweetest Woot description EVER EVER! Almost made me cry! I had no idea you guys had a soft side...

alexmdc

quality posts: 8 Private Messages alexmdc

really nice work, the robot reminds me a bit of eva from wall-e aside from that it's great

Johndis5

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Johndis5

Yes! Easily one of the best designs in this derby. I'm glad the voters get something right once in awhile. Congrats, Boots!

BootsBoots

quality posts: 37 Private Messages BootsBoots

Ho Ho! I can't believe this printed! I totally wasn't expecting to see it up for sale today. My favorites rarely print, so I'm floored (in a great way). It totally makes my week. Yeah!

Thanks everyone for the comments. And who did the write up? That's some seriously beautiful writing, and the twist of the girl saving the robot is incredibly clever and so charming. I feel like I should buy you a beer or bake you cookies or something.* Big props.

*You should choose the beer.

babaloot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages babaloot

Great design Boots! And the woot story was heartwarming. But........ in my Rorschach test interpretation, it looks to me our little anarchist's middle finger is up, and she's giving a big "F you suckers" to what ever chaos her faithful Robot Friend is rescuing her from. ("the sound of multiple explosions fade from my ears, replaced with the rushing air of freedom, freedom!")

rglee129

quality posts: 28 Private Messages rglee129

Wonderful design, Boots! Congrats.

kingski2

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kingski2

is reminded of Space Robot 5...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qE1Mu_SWn6Y&feature=player_detailpage

surfhappyhunter

quality posts: 0 Private Messages surfhappyhunter
kevlar51 wrote:your girlfriend is a young girl?

shes not an old lady if thats what your asking

bassanimation

quality posts: 98 Private Messages bassanimation

Congrats on the lovely print, Boots. This was my favorite design in the derby ^_^.

blackscribe

quality posts: 0 Private Messages blackscribe

Argento Soma was weird.

cmdixon2

quality posts: 21 Private Messages cmdixon2

Congrats Boots! One of your best and certainly your most atmospheric to date.

lonelypond

quality posts: 434 Private Messages lonelypond

Yes, another night off, another excellent shirt. Congrats! Love how even the robot's expression seems to convey the mood of the shirt.

minutewalt

quality posts: 2 Private Messages minutewalt

Great design. I cried, a little.

piakul

quality posts: 1 Private Messages piakul

once again, great writeup (and shirt!). and she must be an engineer prodigy to build a flying robot at that age... highest kudos little girl

Craigmar

quality posts: 10 Private Messages Craigmar
ToasterP wrote:I think this is an amazing design, but it's just not my jam. congrats boots

I have the worst possible luck with derbies. Of the nine designs in the fog, there were five that I would absolutely buy, with varying levels of enthusiasm. Mirai was picked by FUNimation, which I like but wouldn't wear, taking it down to 8 buys to 3 not buys. All three of the shirts I wouldn't buy printed. Seriously, three shots and I miss all of them? I feel like university of Arizona must have last night.

However, I am determined and will vote on, and hope that next week will be my week...sigh

I wouldn't hold my breath if I were you.

fieldafar

quality posts: 3 Private Messages fieldafar

An absolutely wonderful design, great job BootsBoots!

Johndis5

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Johndis5

Just came back to acknowledge the write-up. I didn't notice it before. Nice job!

nathanisdead

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nathanisdead

I bought this shirt almost instantly because of just how warm and fuzzy it made me feel. And the write-up was equally as great.

medicmechanic

quality posts: 0 Private Messages medicmechanic

Amazing write up for this shirt. I genuinely cared about the robot and girl. Kudos to the writer!

elviswind

quality posts: 1 Private Messages elviswind

Great shirt . . . just got a look at mine today.

Pics: http://shirt.woot.com/Forums/ViewPost.aspx?PostID=4415707

tigerfiend

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tigerfiend

I ordered this, but it never came to me :'c

agingdragqueen

quality posts: 129 Private Messages agingdragqueen

Staff

tigerfiend wrote:I ordered this, but it never came to me :'c

Hey, take a look at the shipping address you gave- you can email in at service@woot.com.

tigerfiend

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tigerfiend
agingdragqueen wrote:Hey, take a look at the shipping address you gave- you can email in at service@woot.com.

Hmmm thanks