zaynne

quality posts: 0 Private Messages zaynne
Re: Gray Matter. It's What Matters Most!

Love the style and colors. Very attractive shirt!

gricomet

quality posts: 35 Private Messages gricomet
Re: Citations Needed

I'm a college professor and I will definitely buy this shirt if it gets made. We talk about Wikipedia in my class lecture on social media and I have certainly had students want to use it as a source. Unfortunately accuracy really does vary, from extremely well cited to quite inaccurate.

leroo15

quality posts: 0 Private Messages leroo15
sodalite wrote:i don't get it... or is there nothing to get?

Nothing to get.

walmazan

quality posts: 65 Private Messages walmazan
Re: HAMMERS: They're not just for Norse Gods

wow! this is awesome!

+1

walmazan

Re: Calculators! Problem Solved!

love your work midgerock!

+1

walmazan

Fenian

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Fenian
chumpmagic wrote:Well, I hate to be a poopoo head, but isn't this in clear violation of the first rule?

"No copyrighted or trademarked product names. Seriously. Keep it generic"

Gummy bears are trademarked under different holders, and they are a very specific type of candy. Now, if it were just gummies or candy that would be gerenic enough, but this is capturing a very specific, trademarked product. I will admit, it does lack the words "gummy bears" in this design, but I think it is clear that's what this design is all about.

Actually, the stipulation was no "names"--the term "gummi bears" isn't actually used. In fact, the example in the rules/topic section seemed to make it pretty clear that you could use a real product (Mountain Dew) so long as you didn't use its name.

himerius

quality posts: 0 Private Messages himerius
Re: tea!

WANT IT WANT IT WANT IT!

fishbiscuit5

quality posts: 39 Private Messages fishbiscuit5
Re: HAMMERS: They're not just for Norse Gods

Shiny colors! Nice collab, guys. :D

specsmachine

quality posts: 31 Private Messages specsmachine
Re: Raisins Ruin Everything

Hells-to-the-yes!

specsmachine

Re: Know Your Place, Egg!

You are on a roll. I love it. I think a black eye on the egg would be cool, but I can easily do that myself with a Sharpie when it prints! +1

shadoe

quality posts: 2 Private Messages shadoe
DivineAna wrote:Technically, not totally true-- more and more neuroscience focuses on the connections between neurons, or white matter!

I totally want this shirt

Jessara

quality posts: 9 Private Messages Jessara
Re: Citations Needed

Every genealogist in the world needs this. Great concept, nicely executed, stealth message- the shirt has it all. WIN.

dgshinkle

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dgshinkle
Re: Road Rage Relief Kit

Let me know what you think. What could be more common than a turtle shell, banana peel and mushroom in a car kit? I mean come on...

Edison Plays Dirty STAFF: Well, I tried. Looks like the image won't stay until you buy something. Still, please don't post your derby entry in the body of posts.

shadoe

quality posts: 2 Private Messages shadoe
sTyLeS wrote:Love it.
I'm a software engineer, and this would be a must have.

agreed.

specsmachine

Re: hotcakes

It seems the marketing geniuses at McDonald's are going for the same idea. The execution is different. Namely, yours is funny. Got my vote because I HAVE to vote for a retro-styled food shirt.

rainbowconfetti

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rainbowconfetti
nurbles wrote:I like this shirt, and get the reference, but I don't really see how anything on the shirt fits the current derby. Can someone explain where I find the product slogan?

The given text seems to match the old definition of slogan (battle cry), but the derby context is of advertising and this shirt really doesn't seem to fit that at all. Does it?

Agreed- love the reference but I really don't think that it is relevant to the current derby

vgpclife

quality posts: 0 Private Messages vgpclife
Fenian wrote:Actually, the stipulation was no "names"--the term "gummi bears" isn't actually used. In fact, the example in the rules/topic section seemed to make it pretty clear that you could use a real product (Mountain Dew) so long as you didn't use its name.

I'm also pretty sure I've seen dozen of different brands selling 'gummi bears'.

elviswind

quality posts: 1 Private Messages elviswind

Is this a resub, but with text added? I swear I've seen this before.

BootsBoots

quality posts: 38 Private Messages BootsBoots
Re: Last Kiss

I like how the garlic kind of looks like it's kissing. Get a room, garlic!

dohboy182

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dohboy182
Re: functions

AMAZING! Now I am hoping that 900 more nerds click the +1 button

blinddog3d

quality posts: 0 Private Messages blinddog3d

Wait for it.....

peteyface

quality posts: 0 Private Messages peteyface
blinddog3d wrote:Wait for it.....

Wait for what? My rejection?

peteyface

quality posts: 0 Private Messages peteyface
Re: Top the point

Damn it. That's supposed to say to the point

sasham62

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sasham62
Re: Magnets-Attractive

Some sample images:

[img=http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-wTTS3E6BVdc/TZcqcf4LrZI/AAAAAAAAAQU/WUdfNTkdGX0/s1600/MagnetsAttract-part1.jpg]

[img=http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-DK4DKaopwYI/TZcqcSC2pyI/AAAAAAAAAQY/ZohTiCXfXvI/s320/MagnetsAttract-part2.jpg]

[img=http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-t4ZbSZr120U/TZcqc6x7IiI/AAAAAAAAAQc/jxmBColZaZ0/s320/MagnetsAttract-part3.jpg]

xpenguin

quality posts: 6 Private Messages xpenguin
Re: Frozen Pizza

Ooooh I really really hope this gets printed. Good luck!

sasham62

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sasham62
Re: Magnets-Attractive

Sorry. Some sample images:

skandranon12

quality posts: 0 Private Messages skandranon12
Re: Books - No Electricity Required

I might have to give this my vote just on the principle of the thing. I don't like any of this new hype about electronic books. I want a real book!

facegrater

quality posts: 0 Private Messages facegrater
Re: Orange Juice

I wanted to put long Jesus hair on it but I felt it would maybe overwhelm the orange and make it hard to tell that thats what I was going for. Resub with long Jesus or is this good enough?

thegambler311

quality posts: 1 Private Messages thegambler311
chumpmagic wrote:Well, I hate to be a poopoo head, but isn't this in clear violation of the first rule?

"No copyrighted or trademarked product names. Seriously. Keep it generic"

Gummy bears are trademarked under different holders, and they are a very specific type of candy. Now, if it were just gummies or candy that would be gerenic enough, but this is capturing a very specific, trademarked product. I will admit, it does lack the words "gummy bears" in this design, but I think it is clear that's what this design is all about.

Normally, that'd be true. But you see, the artist submitted this after working hours on a Friday night. By the time the Rejectionator gets back in to work on Monday, this entry will have tons of votes and the Rejectionator will have to consider the "woot profit" factor of the rules, and that one's always worth more than the sum of the other rules.

AlexIAm

quality posts: 4 Private Messages AlexIAm
Re: d20: All Natural, Baby!

I need this one for my nerd brothers and their friends... lol

>insert funny quote here<

kevlar51

quality posts: 47 Private Messages kevlar51
oscarmatic wrote:Love the shirt and text. Only... I wish the rock didn't come to a point on top. Looks like poop.

nuts ... still? I even changed it to it'd be less poop-like. ah well. thanks for the comment!

WanderingRaccoon

quality posts: 0 Private Messages WanderingRaccoon
Re: Red Shirts

One more gargleblaster I need like a half dozen of these! Working in theatre I know too many people who are dyers in the costume shop who'd die laughing if I got them this!

bribrem

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bribrem
Re: Batteries Included

why is it batteries are never included - and when you do buy batteries nothing else is included, they lead such a co-dependent lifestyle. Alone Batteries are useless and without them many other devices are useless... do i smell a conspiracy...

PixelPants

quality posts: 70 Private Messages PixelPants
Re: Fancy Recycling

Creating with paper often involves a good idea that is screwed up in annoyance. Origami has just been frustrating us longer than most.

midgerock

quality posts: 6 Private Messages midgerock
Re: Tea: It's my bag, Baby!

With this derby I have had so many ideas. So as they come I keep putting them together. Here's another one with some 70's british spy flair as though Austin Powers was doing an ad for Tea. I hope's ya dig it, Baby! Yeah baby yeah!

AlexIAm

quality posts: 4 Private Messages AlexIAm
Re: Raisins Ruin Everything

The comments in this thread prove once again how highly intelligent the woot community is. Raisins are icky. Dried cherries, cranberries, apricots, anything but raisins are fine.

I have an awesome oatmeal cookie recipe made all the more awesome because I substitute chocolate chips for the raisins.

>insert funny quote here<

odysseyroc

quality posts: 33 Private Messages odysseyroc
Re: Tea: It's my bag, Baby!

This is inspiring me to dust off the bad Austin Powers impression, one last time. +1

collinvh

quality posts: 67 Private Messages collinvh

Without spelling out any product on your design. It almost appears that the shirt is promoting an action, being foolish... Not gummies. Love the art but wish it was branded with a generic product name and the slogan your showing..

stablehomotopy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages stablehomotopy
Re: American Cheese

Cool design, I did not get it and I suspect many wont.