Andy47240

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Andy47240
Re: EW! I’m not eating that!

I like the retro style.

DoublEE

quality posts: 8 Private Messages DoublEE
Re: Tea Bag Party!

I really like the graphic elements but I feel the weak link is the text. It needs to be stronger.

BootsBoots

quality posts: 38 Private Messages BootsBoots
Re: donuts!

I really love the style. Very charming.

BootsBoots

Re: Scissors: More Fun When You Run!

Haha! I love it.

fishbiscuit5

quality posts: 39 Private Messages fishbiscuit5
Re: Citations Needed

JLegos, where did you find that heather grey background? I've been looking for one that is up to woot's shirt comp standards. Thanks!

walmazan

quality posts: 65 Private Messages walmazan
Re: TOWELS

this is so good!

+1

squijum01

quality posts: 0 Private Messages squijum01
Re: Extra Virgin Olive Oil

I would love to see this print! GMV

laxfeeney

quality posts: 0 Private Messages laxfeeney

I'm a tea drinker living by Seattle so I need this shirt. Badly.

fishbiscuit5

megsck wrote:i understand where your coming from, although i have to say that i dont really consider Hitchhiker's Guide to be pop culture. i more consider it to be more Cult Culture, meaning that there is a smaller group of people who follow it, but they follow it rather religiously ;) Hardly anyone i know, in the u.s. anyway, has read the books, and i always get a blank stare when someone asks me a question and i answer 42. however i do have a few friends and one relative that have read them and are die hard fans, this shirt is for them. i think a good majority of wooters maybe fall into this cult category so a lot of the cult stuff gets put into pop culture, but i think on a whole, not too many people knew about the books before the movie was made, and still dont know about them even now.

EDIT: speaking of cult favorites! i just saw the movie RUBBER in the theatre, it was GREAT! if its playing near you, or you have onDemand watch it!

I'm a huge fan too. Funny story: I was actually teaching about the universe last week and a student basically asked what is the ultimate answer to the universe and why and how it exists. I answered "42" and got a very confused look back. My co-teacher cracked up laughing. It's so nice to know there are people who "get" this. Nice design, Meg. I like the way you did the letters. :D

Josephus

quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus

eehad

quality posts: 1 Private Messages eehad
Re: Dirt

your shirts are just awesome. I saw the kid & straight away went: LOL Dooomcat!

blackmyst

quality posts: 0 Private Messages blackmyst
Re: Books - No Electricity Required

Love this shirt!! I must have it!!

Gunmonkey36

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Gunmonkey36
Re: The Delicious Truth

I haven't bought a shirt in months. This shirt I will most definitely buy. Great job!

tomsman

quality posts: 2 Private Messages tomsman

I've never submitted before and I'm obviously not an artist. I was on vacation recently and the absurd trinkets sold were still in my head when I saw this derby - tchotchkes popped into my head. Thus the praying mantis figurine was born.

Looking for MXLs Alien Sonogram, Tin: Old Skool, Puppet Checkup and Flesh Wound from Teefury; A Wicked Mess, F5 Refreshes You, and Sissy Fight. PM or teetrade (tomsman)for trade or sell.

Josephus

quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus
Re: The best contraceptive!

I'm guessing that's the girl's dad giving the thumbs up!

I so enjoy the cheer your characters always express so well.

biosgnome

quality posts: 0 Private Messages biosgnome
Patricck wrote:No need for brackets in a single line if-statement.

BUT, good coding standards say that you should always use brackets.

BootsBoots

Belecthor wrote:I love it. Reminds me of this comic, which I find hilarious: http://files.sharenator.com/raisin_cookies_More_Rage_Comics-s640x850-68233-580.png

That's awesome!

Thanks everyone for the anti-raisin support. Those who are pro-raisin are such weirdos. You guys probably put ketchup on your eggs too. And you probably spell it "catsup." Weirdos! ;)

biosgnome

quality posts: 0 Private Messages biosgnome
Re: d20: All Natural, Baby!

I want one :-)

tomsman

quality posts: 2 Private Messages tomsman
Re: Full Blockage

+1 - love it

Looking for MXLs Alien Sonogram, Tin: Old Skool, Puppet Checkup and Flesh Wound from Teefury; A Wicked Mess, F5 Refreshes You, and Sissy Fight. PM or teetrade (tomsman)for trade or sell.

incrediblewatty

quality posts: 0 Private Messages incrediblewatty
Re: All Hail Our Mighty TV Overlord

Hmm...1949, more like. Televisions weren't a household item until the mid-1950's, when there was an explosion of purchasing thanks mostly to the fact that there was suddenly television programming. Before the mid-50's, only very rich people (early adopters) owned televisions, and then there were only a few broadcast hours of shows available, and only in large cities. The technological capacity for TV existed before the very late 40's (when RCA began selling them to the public, or trying to), but it definitely wasn't doing anything to America's youth until 1950.

I know this kind of junk because I just got a M.A. in TV history/criticism, and also from William Boddy's book "Fifties Television," which is great (though pretty dry if you're not a TV scholar).

That said, as the owner of previously mentioned useless degree, I would absolutely buy this shirt with the tiny change of the 2 to a 4. I love my overlord...

odysseyroc

quality posts: 33 Private Messages odysseyroc
Re: Rock

I'm leaving a comment here, so you won't think I'm a jerk. Nice work, kevlar!

esmeraldafogbound

quality posts: 0 Private Messages esmeraldafogbound
Re: Braaiiins!!

Much better than being a cheesehead...sorry, but just saying!

DoublEE

Re: TOWELS

Love the R. Crumb look!

lolwuterson

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lolwuterson
re: [url=http://shirt.woot.com/derby/entry.aspx?id=51676]shoes: helping puppies say,

I thought it was a tongue before I read the thumbnail!

Lish64

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Lish64
Re: Apologizing for your phobia

Spiders are trying to get on your good side.

DoublEE

chumpmagic wrote:Well, I hate to be a poopoo head, but isn't this in clear violation of the first rule?

"No copyrighted or trademarked product names. Seriously. Keep it generic"

Gummy bears are trademarked under different holders, and they are a very specific type of candy. Now, if it were just gummies or candy that would be gerenic enough, but this is capturing a very specific, trademarked product. I will admit, it does lack the words "gummy bears" in this design, but I think it is clear that's what this design is all about.

I'm sure the term GUMMI bears is trademarked. However, GUMMY bears is not.

Rhonwyn22

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Rhonwyn22
BootsBoots wrote:That's awesome!

Thanks everyone for the anti-raisin support. Those who are pro-raisin are such weirdos. You guys probably put ketchup on your eggs too. And you probably spell it "catsup." Weirdos! ;)

You speak the truth!

DoublEE

Re: Veggies - We Beat The Meat

I like the concept but honestly I can't see myself wearing something that says, "We beat the meat."

akirahatesyou

quality posts: 1 Private Messages akirahatesyou

Great design! <3

The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory. -Paul Fix

IgnatiusRiley

quality posts: 1 Private Messages IgnatiusRiley

Urgh... for the first time ever I vote for a Walmazan shirt, and it immediately drops out of the fog.

cdrewlow

quality posts: 10 Private Messages cdrewlow
Re: Who's mightier now?

Pens think they're sooo smart. Darn elitists.

shaggster

quality posts: 0 Private Messages shaggster
Re: CHEESE MAKES EVERYTHING TASTE BETTER

Looks better on your head too!
haha

studio1172

quality posts: 0 Private Messages studio1172
Re: BRAIN TACOS

I really too many cookies brain tacos to be real. I don't think I could handle it. Eeewwwwwwwwwwww.

Awesome design though!

studio1172

Re: Taco it's spanish for taco

Digging the taco. Two thumbs up!

blinddog3d

quality posts: 0 Private Messages blinddog3d
Re: Bacon is King (resub)

Mr. Hanky, the Christmas Poo and his evil twin Mr. Spanky.

Other one is better, ....no, really.

studio1172

Re: The Delicious Truth

I like the illustration. The typography use is bland. Still it makes me want to have a gummy bear massacre.

incrediblewatty

quality posts: 0 Private Messages incrediblewatty
Re: Last Kiss

I love the colors of this design.

stingray69

quality posts: 4 Private Messages stingray69
fishbiscuit5 wrote:"Like kissing your sister" is a term commonly used in sports to describe a tie, especially in hockey prior to shoot-outs. It has evolved in its usage to express when something is just not right, like fat-free ice cream. I also refer to Star Wars Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back when Leia kissed Luke prior to knowing (spoiler alert) that they are brother and sister. Hence, kissing your sister describes anything that is weird, like fat-free ice cream. If you were creeped out, my job here is done. Please vote for my shirt anyway. :P

I don't want to get off topic here, but that's not quite what the phrase means. It's more of a situation where something good happens but there's also something else that negates the good part. As in hey, you kissed a girl. Nice! But she was your sister, so, not so great. Fat free ice cream is a great example because you're getting ice cream, everyone loves ice cream. But unfortunately it's fat free so it's not that good. Anyway, good shirt.

studio1172

Re: Raisins Ruin Everything

Boots, I have to disagree about raisins. My grandmother use to make oatmeal raisin cookies that would make you slap yourself for the taste explosion that was going on in your mouth. True story, my sister and I would slap each other unconscious while eating them.....well, not that true of a story.

fishbiscuit5

Re: Rock

You'd think scissors would get a clue and stop playing rock's silly games. Fun design!