studio1172

quality posts: 0 Private Messages studio1172
Re: Zombies Are Real.

Kinda surprised that this design is not higher up.

stingray69

quality posts: 4 Private Messages stingray69

Love the facial expression and action pose.

fishbiscuit5

quality posts: 39 Private Messages fishbiscuit5
incrediblewatty wrote:Hmm...1949, more like. Televisions weren't a household item until the mid-1950's, when there was an explosion of purchasing thanks mostly to the fact that there was suddenly television programming. Before the mid-50's, only very rich people (early adopters) owned televisions, and then there were only a few broadcast hours of shows available, and only in large cities. The technological capacity for TV existed before the very late 40's (when RCA began selling them to the public, or trying to), but it definitely wasn't doing anything to America's youth until 1950.

I know this kind of junk because I just got a M.A. in TV history/criticism, and also from William Boddy's book "Fifties Television," which is great (though pretty dry if you're not a TV scholar).

That said, as the owner of previously mentioned useless degree, I would absolutely buy this shirt with the tiny change of the 2 to a 4. I love my overlord...

Duly noted! I was paying homage to Philo Farnsworth and his brilliant invention, but I will happily change the date and put this on Red Bubble if it means a vote here and a sale there. #imasellout

studio1172

quality posts: 0 Private Messages studio1172
Re: Xtremely Refreshing Water ... in a bottle

This is my favorite design of the derby!

fishbiscuit5

stingray69 wrote:I don't want to get off topic here, but that's not quite what the phrase means. It's more of a situation where something good happens but there's also something else that negates the good part. As in hey, you kissed a girl. Nice! But she was your sister, so, not so great. Fat free ice cream is a great example because you're getting ice cream, everyone loves ice cream. But unfortunately it's fat free so it's not that good. Anyway, good shirt.

Potato, potato... vote for my shirt! :D

stingray69

Re: To the point

Sold!

stingray69

Much better with the bigger text. I could go either way with the hands.

fishbiscuit5

Re: The best contraceptive!

Get back in the fog!! This is an outrage!

janegudge

quality posts: 0 Private Messages janegudge

and xxx rated!!

Johndis5

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Johndis5
Re: BRAIN TACOS

At first, I hated this shirt. Only because I'm sick to death (pun) of anything relating to zombies. Now, however, I support this design, only because you totally pwned the rejectionator.

rasabi

quality posts: 25 Private Messages rasabi
dohboy182 wrote:Eh... I voted on the dark grey one, I think the baby blue killed it for me. Good luck though, this design on grey was something I was hoping many others would enjoy so that I could purchase it.

I understand the blue is probably less popular of a color. It didn't look like it had enough momentum to go all the way anyway, so I decided to increase the visibility of the design just to see if that would help. I'd be just as happy if the gray ended up with more votes in the end. Live and learn. Glad you liked it earlier :P.

facegrater

quality posts: 0 Private Messages facegrater
Re: The Working Man's... Oval Office

Another quick entry. Kept it simple.

lostradio

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lostradio
Re: portable computer

I am not sure what kind it was, it was my dad's and we had one. i didn't use an auto photo trace or anything, i made it by hand with love! ;)

BootsBoots

quality posts: 38 Private Messages BootsBoots
studio1172 wrote:Boots, I have to disagree about raisins. My grandmother use to make oatmeal raisin cookies that would make you slap yourself for the taste explosion that was going on in your mouth. True story, my sister and I would slap each other unconscious while eating them.....well, not that true of a story.

Your grandmother must be a witch.

sTyLeS

quality posts: 9 Private Messages sTyLeS
Re: Full Blockage

No it doesn't. The human heart has 2 atria and 2 ventricles.

Johndis5

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Johndis5
Re: EW! I’m not eating that!

This is genius! +1

ainecful

quality posts: 3 Private Messages ainecful
nerdra wrote:I love this! <3

I'd like it better if it just said "Bowties are cool," but still I love it.

I actually think that it's better with the "Cool, timelessly' because there have been WAY too many badly done "bowties are cool" t-shirts. It makes this one stand out as one that has actually been *designed**.

Plus, it's still obvious enough that you can get it at first glance

chumpmagic

quality posts: 9 Private Messages chumpmagic
Johndis5 wrote:At first, I hated this shirt. Only because I'm sick to death (pun) of anything relating to zombies. Now, however, I support this design, only because you totally pwned the rejectionator.

I think its also because it is not just a random excuse to use a zombie. The zombie is used extremely well in this case. It has some thought and purpose (given the product and the theory behind zombies). I not a mindreader, but that is at least partly the case for me.

captainbaldie

quality posts: 2 Private Messages captainbaldie
Re: LADDERS Zombies Cannot Climb Them

How in the frak is this out of the fog???
The concept and execution has WOOT written all the hell over it.

I was actually preparing to express my disdain in Drak and CD for slightly phoning it with this design. But I'll spare them that now.

thumperchick

quality posts: 248 Private Messages thumperchick
Re: Fuel the Addiction

The bottom text is absolutely off center. Now that I see it, I can't take it.

This design is one I would wear - but not until it's centered properly. I can't hang - I'm the person that levels top and side of a picture while hanging...

captainbaldie

quality posts: 2 Private Messages captainbaldie

Sorry that you actually used artistic talent to create a design for this particular derby. As you can see, it will rarely get you anywhere with this crowd.

+1 from me regardless, as this is exceptionally done.

mikenytola

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mikenytola

Being a programmer also, the errors bug me too much for this shirt to work. If I wore this to work I would lose some credibility for my code writing and be made fun of.

Graphically speaking it needs more design to it as well.

Interesting idea, but just not well executed imo.

ressamac

quality posts: 4 Private Messages ressamac
squijum01 wrote:I would love to see this print! GMV

Thanks so much, squijum01! Me too.

smklung

quality posts: 9 Private Messages smklung
Re: tea!

this is the first shirt ive seen on woot that is about tea. There have been some shirts bout coffee that were cool, but i dont drink coffee. So i def need this to print

ressamac

quality posts: 4 Private Messages ressamac
parrotworks wrote:My those wooters are a fickle bunch. It's a panda people! Not sure why this design never got traction but I think it's pretty well done. I like the bamboo lettering.

Thank you, parrotworks!

debbiek429

quality posts: 0 Private Messages debbiek429
Re: Books - No Electricity Required

I REALLY want several of these! Is there a way you can let me know WHEN (hopefully not IF) these are available! LOVE IT! And have several books lovers I would love to buy this for as gifts!!!

odysseyroc

quality posts: 33 Private Messages odysseyroc
captainbaldie wrote:Sorry that you actually used artistic talent to create a design for this particular derby. As you can see, it will rarely get you anywhere with this crowd.

+1 from me regardless, as this is exceptionally done.

The cool thing is Uniique has his own site that sells his shirts. I'm sure I'll be able to buy it there soon enough, if it doesn't get an HM or picked up by some other site. This design is too great to not be printed, one way or another.

lmsyem

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lmsyem
Re: Go Fig

reaaaally want this to win a spot! it cracks me up. such a great entry of hilarious brevity, amongst all the "doing derp since 1962"s of the world.

roxiirox

quality posts: 0 Private Messages roxiirox

love the shirt! it's very true, lol.
And yes, changing the shirt color was a great idea. All the colors pop out quite nicely and work great together.

ward7299

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ward7299
Re: Black Coffee.

honestly i like a tiny bit of sugar in mine too, but it makes me feel more manly if i drink it straight black :D

JonSnow

quality posts: 1 Private Messages JonSnow
Re: tea!

Awesome.

jonbsan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jonbsan
Re: Tea Bag Party!

In this world of constant argument, finger pointing, political buffoonery, and self-righteous talking heads, isn’t it nice just to cut loose once in a while? Teachers, billionaire Wall Street bankers, and bible-belters can all enjoy a good party!

wmorrill

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wmorrill
paigeg wrote:The layers of parody here are admirable.

Thanks!

Leahbh

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Leahbh
dohboy182 wrote:Eh... I voted on the dark grey one, I think the baby blue killed it for me. Good luck though, this design on grey was something I was hoping many others would enjoy so that I could purchase it.

yeah, heather grey would have been a much better choice, i think.

I think i've bought MAYBE 2 baby blue shirts on woot and i never wear them. it's just not a good color.

Armagedon

quality posts: 106 Private Messages Armagedon
midgerock wrote:If a Tiger is rejected then so should this.

This is a public service that people can and do use every day.
A tiger provides no service to most (if any) people.

I see absolutely no connection between the two designs that you are comparing.

Isn't it odd how you accidentally left out exactly what the rejector said just so it would fit your own argument?
"Off topic - Not seeing tigers an everyday product/object/thing"

wrj325

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wrj325
dgshinkle wrote:Yea I don't get this derby. How is the Get a life one http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=51628
considered a product and not mine? I wish they would at least give me a suggestion on what needs to be changed to make it on topic. I don't see how it is off at this point.

http://www.disordersanxiety.org/road-rage-relief-personal-aromatherapy-kit-b000txujtk.html

http://www.ioffer.com/i/road-rage-self-defense-warrior-kit-128288543

Alls I'm sayin.

ochopika

quality posts: 28 Private Messages ochopika

Staff

ambergreen wrote:Your humor is in your write-up. Nice job!

Thank you!

tizbazua

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tizbazua
Re: zombie merchandise

even the haitian voodoo bokors have moved on.

clynn101

quality posts: 0 Private Messages clynn101
Re: To the point

LOVE the design, but not the shirt color :/
If it was not white I would definitely buy for the hubby.

jbb04

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jbb04
Re: Old School

You're too young to remember this, but Woot used to only take submissions drawn with one 'o these bad boys. Then sputnik came along, and graphite-based contrast was too old fashioned for the kids. LBJ was in the white house, and them hippies were runnin around ever where half crazy. Any body with sense was drivin a Jap car. I had been getting my medicare check on the 11th of every month. Ask your grandma where I left my checkerboard.