katfin25

quality posts: 1 Private Messages katfin25
SnowQueenVT wrote:Nobody likes my shirt.But my daughter likes it! She keeps saying, "I like it!" and she also said "I want one". Which to me was music to my ears.So, for her, I will keep trying!

aww! I like your shirt, and I want one! :-) I have a Bichon, so that makes it extra good. And she would totally eat your sandwich...

Do you like beer? Then check out
brewlimination.com

Do NOT EVER purchase Bella Terra Cosmetics!

tlwwoot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tlwwoot

udder from another mother. love the shirt.

sogj

quality posts: 15 Private Messages sogj
Re: That'll Be The Day

If you drew this in illustrator, try experimenting with brush styles, too. It looks like you used the default brush which may or may not artistically lend the best look to the design. Good first entry!!!!!

I refuse to answer on the grounds that I don't know the answer.

SnowQueenVT

quality posts: 0 Private Messages SnowQueenVT
katfin25 wrote:aww! I like your shirt, and I want one! :-) I have a Bichon, so that makes it extra good. And she would totally eat your sandwich...

OH you totally made my day!!! I would like to give her a sandwich!!
Hugs and kisses to you both!!

http://www.wix.com/scottgreenip/snowqueenvt

thatrobert

quality posts: 26 Private Messages thatrobert
Re: Stink Less!

uniique wrote:Way to go Robert! Clean up that fog!
(yes, you have my solemn promise to stink less)

Thanks for doing your part!

carol2bs1grl wrote:Bwahahahaha!!! Love it! My son's feet could use this message! ;)

Yes, I really made this for my kids as a little reminder... :D

PixelPants wrote:Most my votes are sitting out of the fog this derby, but your's is a message that needs to be heard thatrobert. GMV

Thanks Pixel!

Johndis5

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Johndis5
chumpmagic wrote:Here is the definition of the word product:
"an article or substance that is manufactured or refined for sale"

I think this is what midge is getting at. To me it's no different than saying shirt.woot! (the website itself) is a product.

There is a few other design in this derby that aren't really products too that have gone unreject, so maybe woot has a more broader vision of the word product... either that our they are too distracted rejecting zombie designs

I would argue that the online encyclopedia is a service that provides a product (information).

IndependentVik

quality posts: 11 Private Messages IndependentVik
collinvh wrote:Yeah, veggies aren't for everyone. LOL. Woot On!

I don't think the person writing you minded the pro-veggie nature of the slogan, but rather the alternate interpretations of "beat the meat".

tjost

quality posts: 25 Private Messages tjost
Re: All my furniture comes from Sweden

This is a true and accurate statement

Mavyn

quality posts: 22 Private Messages Mavyn
Re: All my furniture comes from Sweden

Heh.

Flat pack FTW!

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

ainecful

quality posts: 3 Private Messages ainecful
Re: tea!

Not only an avid tea drinker, and an Irish girl, but I also LOVE the characters. It's a win-win-win shirt!

Spiritgreen

quality posts: 209 Private Messages Spiritgreen

geekfactor12

quality posts: 11 Private Messages geekfactor12
Re: Chipmunks- if you catch one, you can keep it

I don't usually contest rejections, but really? I see chipmunks every day They're kind of a fact of life in the midwest.

If the rule is that it has to be a product people legitimately pay for on a regular basis, I'd think that the Wikipedia, bamboo, and dirt entries (among many others) woud also get cut.

PixelPants

quality posts: 68 Private Messages PixelPants
Re: Imaginary Friends

This works so well truffleshuffle. An ideal combination of your drawing style and a great concept. I definitely support the idea of it getting another chance here or elsewhere.

sTyLeS

quality posts: 9 Private Messages sTyLeS
genericsmith wrote:God damn, love this design... I'm disappointed in the voters. With this and Walmazan's design out of the fog I doubt I'll be buying anything this weekend.

I agree.
There was a lot of potential in this derby as a whole, but not too happy with the way voting has turned out.

midgerock

quality posts: 6 Private Messages midgerock
Johndis5 wrote:I would argue that the online encyclopedia is a service that provides a product (information).

then in turn this design should be rejected because an online encyclopedia is not a product. Just like Tigers and Functions is not a product, right?

PixelPants

Re: Feed Your OCD? - Version 3

Having just got back from overseas where we went through a lot of this stuff I think it's a neat idea, and like the 'OCD white reference on your shirt comp. I know you've resubbed a couple of times, but feel the cap and pump section are oversized for the bottle.

sumwah

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sumwah
jmmbell1987 wrote:Oatmeal cookies without raisins are like cereal without milk.

I had no idea I was a raisin activist until today.

I think that's the only way I can justify voting for and wearing this shirt, which I feel compelled to do.

The oatmeal raisin cookie is the king of cookies. It's the only thing that can redeem cinnamon. Wearing this shirt might be dishonest, but it galvanizes the opposing camps.

capsfanbryce

quality posts: 4 Private Messages capsfanbryce
Re: Raisins Ruin Everything

I actually like Raisins, that being said...awesome design! Upvoted!

Johndis5

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Johndis5
collinvh wrote:Is mine considered Ninja? I was looking for karate.... Just curious.

I don't want to hijack walmazan's thread, PMed you.

fishbiscuit5

quality posts: 32 Private Messages fishbiscuit5
weisa2007 wrote:I must own this... I work for an ice cream company!

That's awesome! I'll put it up for sale on Red Bubble after the woot hold is over. Unless of course woot wants to print it. That's ok with me too. :D

cassadass

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cassadass
Re: Fuel the Addiction

I know it's not constructive and I'm new here but I don't get why this one is doing so well. Despite the rampant debate about talent etc I usually at least get a smile from a Ramyb design. All this shirt got out of me was a yawn.

citizencoyote

quality posts: 42 Private Messages citizencoyote
Re: Fuel the Addiction

The graphic is nice but I agree the text is not centered... once you see it, you can not unsee it. Don't know if that's possible to fix without a resub.

therabbit86ed

quality posts: 0 Private Messages therabbit86ed
PixelPants wrote:Having just got back from overseas where we went through a lot of this stuff I think it's a neat idea, and like the 'OCD white reference on your shirt comp. I know you've resubbed a couple of times, but feel the cap and pump section are oversized for the bottle.

Thanks for the input... I did take a photo of an actual bottle of gel I had laying around. I did make the bottle a little shorter since I didn't want it to take the entire canvas... It gives the bottle more of an 'exaggerated feature' cartoonish sort-of-feel...

lucky1988

quality posts: 20 Private Messages lucky1988
Re: Frozen Pizza

thanks everyone!

dbremneria

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dbremneria
Re: Suspenders (Resub)

Is it proper shirt.woot etiquette to leave your previously rejected entry as a mark of shame, or remove the entry clear up the list of submissions?

sTyLeS

dbremneria wrote:Is it proper shirt.woot etiquette to leave your previously rejected entry as a mark of shame, or remove the entry clear up the list of submissions?

You can't remove a submission once it's been up for 24 hours.

I'm proud of the fact that I haven't had a rejection yet. However, if I ever did get one, I would be proud of the rejection as well and would leave it up.

theTremulant

quality posts: 0 Private Messages theTremulant

Wow, thanks for the really late rejection Woot, I only submitted 3 days ago. And for the record, Milton never actually says "My stapler, I believe you have it." I didn't directly quote him.

I had a more generic version ready, but no point in submitting it now...

ignorant

quality posts: 5 Private Messages ignorant
Re: I Say There, Old Chum!

Rejected because: Chum is a common everyday product?

I'd think it is for saltwater fishermen.

PixelPants

Re: Fancy Recycling

Where were you both at 1:30am the morning I was trying to decide the best slogan option. Still had fun putting this together. Thanks for your comments.

renegadetim

quality posts: 12 Private Messages renegadetim
wrj325 wrote:http://www.disordersanxiety.org/road-rage-relief-personal-aromatherapy-kit-b000txujtk.html

http://www.ioffer.com/i/road-rage-self-defense-warrior-kit-128288543

Alls I'm sayin.

Not an everyday product!

wm000

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wm000
Re: Better than water

The can is much less skewed in the original, I guess I suck at thumbnailing

sTyLeS

Re: Better than water

You've mistakenly swapped your thumbnail and comp images.
Also, it needs to be using the heather gray template.

stehre

quality posts: 0 Private Messages stehre
Re: [url=http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=51797]bunnies ~ cute

YAYYYY!! Love it!

wanderlane

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wanderlane
ignorant wrote:Rejected because: Chum is a common everyday product?

I'd think it is for saltwater fishermen.

Yo, Ignorant!

Thanks for sticking up for your homey, but worry not; rejection just makes CHUM stronger.

Armagedon

quality posts: 106 Private Messages Armagedon
midgerock wrote:then in turn this design should be rejected because an online encyclopedia is not a product. Just like Tigers and Functions is not a product, right?

First, functions are products. Have you ever heard of Microsoft Office, ANY operating systems, games, and on and on and on.

Second, have you aver heard of online wikis? There are hundreds of thousands on the internet. If that isn't generic, then I don't know what is. (For the moderator: Many Wikis have a similar logo)

Finally, here is the ruling on the tangible aspect: "We mean tangible things instead of concepts. Not "sleeping" or "exercise" or "advice"."
The creators of the derby seem to mean that they too many cookies non-tangible concepts and ideas like walking or sleeping. I physically use Wikipedia (and other wikis) almost every day.

I sincerely do not understand the rejection. It seems to me that I have proved all of the reasons that have been said to make this against the derby rules wrong, but if there are any other reasons that you (or moderators) may have about why it should be rejected, PLEASE tell me.
Sorry jlegos. I normally agree with rejections, but this one has no base at all.

Josephus

quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus
Re: bacon forever too!

after something like 4 rounds of rejections without touching it, they rejected my previous version. Here is a new one, no mobius strip, no infinity symbol, no 'baconfinity'.

Bacon Forever!

doomedinblue

quality posts: 0 Private Messages doomedinblue

Raisins are gross and I need this shirt.

I make my oatmeal cookies with dark chocolate chips and dried diced cherries.

Spiritgreen

quality posts: 209 Private Messages Spiritgreen
geekfactor12 wrote:I don't usually contest rejections, but really? I see chipmunks every day They're kind of a fact of life in the midwest.

If the rule is that it has to be a product people legitimately pay for on a regular basis, I'd think that the Wikipedia, bamboo, and dirt entries (among many others) woud also get cut.

I could drive just 5 minutes from my house and buy a chipmunk from the pet store. I won't because they're crazyass hyperactive little ****ers, but yeah. They are things you can buy.

eggshelltiptoe

quality posts: 0 Private Messages eggshelltiptoe

rejected?! it's pitching the flux capacitor.... woot shirt team fail.

emberdione

quality posts: 3 Private Messages emberdione
effiew wrote:I like this shirt, but I think it falls under "similar shirts exist."

And there's more. Google D20 shirt and you'll see tons of shirts like this. Go to any con and you'll see tons more. As a geek and active player of D&D (yes, I admit it) I'd love to get a D20 shirt for $10, but I don't see that this shirt presents an original enough concept to fit within the rule set.

I have to completely disagree. While having a d20 on a shirt is going to inherently make it "similar" you should note the art is significantly different (the hand drawn style over the fakey plastic realistic look) and not to mention that I would never ever wear the first few (as if I need to give guys MORE of a reason to stare there).

Personally, I love dice shirts and own several (including the Wil Wheton Woot shirt, the dice are trying to kill me, and the PA this is how I roll shirt). This one is different enough I want it.