midstarrynight


quality posts: 0 Private Messages midstarrynight
Re: Drink for Life!



love love the artwork! Reminds me of Mucha

Johndis5


quality posts: 3 Private Messages Johndis5
Armagedon wrote:First, functions are products. Have you ever heard of Microsoft Office, ANY operating systems, games, and on and on and on.

Second, have you aver heard of online wikis? There are hundreds of thousands on the internet. If that isn't generic, then I don't know what is. (For the moderator: Many Wikis have a similar logo)

Finally, here is the ruling on the tangible aspect: "We mean tangible things instead of concepts. Not "sleeping" or "exercise" or "advice"."
The creators of the derby seem to mean that they too many cookies non-tangible concepts and ideas like walking or sleeping. I physically use Wikipedia (and other wikis) almost every day.


I sincerely do not understand the rejection. It seems to me that I have proved all of the reasons that have been said to make this against the derby rules wrong, but if there are any other reasons that you (or moderators) may have about why it should be rejected, PLEASE tell me.
Sorry jlegos. I normally agree with rejections, but this one has no base at all.



I made the argument that an online encyclopedia is a service that provides a product, the tangle product being information. Therefore this shirt is advertising a service and not a product.

Your statement about there being many online encyclopedias is a fair one, but they are all services that provide the same product.

I don't think you covered that argument in you post, much less proved it to be invalid.

psychoace65


quality posts: 0 Private Messages psychoace65

There's generic gummy bears too. There's no trademark or logo on it.


chumpmagic wrote:Well, I hate to be a poopoo head, but isn't this in clear violation of the first rule?

"No copyrighted or trademarked product names. Seriously. Keep it generic"

Gummy bears are trademarked under different holders, and they are a very specific type of candy. Now, if it were just gummies or candy that would be gerenic enough, but this is capturing a very specific, trademarked product. I will admit, it does lack the words "gummy bears" in this design, but I think it is clear that's what this design is all about.



curiousme


quality posts: 0 Private Messages curiousme

Great use of the phrase! I so want one!

eggshelltiptoe


quality posts: 0 Private Messages eggshelltiptoe
Re: THE FLUX CAPACITOR (resub)



To be clear, this shirt is pitching the very tangible flux capacitor, not time itself. Got it? Good.

deiden26


quality posts: 0 Private Messages deiden26
Re: It's Not What You Think



I'm afraid this won't print because you can't get the idea of the shirt at all from the thumbnail. Once you view the whole thing the thumbnail is delightfully misleading, but it probably isn't doing a good job advertising the shirt.

I really hope this prints though. It made me laugh out loud (not abbreviated because it's sincere).

lgnablndr


quality posts: 5 Private Messages lgnablndr
SnowQueenVT wrote:OH you totally made my day!!! I would like to give her a sandwich!!
Hugs and kisses to you both!!



I like the shirt!

I would have gone a different way... "Or they will poop on your carpet!" ;) I share my sandwiches with my dogs...and my popsicles.

zekecatz


quality posts: 201 Private Messages zekecatz
eggshelltiptoe wrote:To be clear, this shirt is pitching the very tangible flux capacitor, not time itself. Got it? Good.



The rules say "Your product must be real." So where can I get this product?

megsck


quality posts: 6 Private Messages megsck
eggshelltiptoe wrote:To be clear, this shirt is pitching the very tangible flux capacitor, not time itself. Got it? Good.



i think your problem now would be that the flux capacitor is not a generic product nor is it an everyday product, in fact, you cant buy them anywhere.

eggshelltiptoe


quality posts: 0 Private Messages eggshelltiptoe
zekecatz wrote:The rules say "Your product must be real." So where can I get this product?



http://www.amazon.com/Back-Future-Flux-Capacitor-Replica/dp/B000ZM0Q4I

capedcrusader514


quality posts: 1 Private Messages capedcrusader514

Haha. This bombed.

bluetuba


quality posts: 58 Private Messages bluetuba
Re: Black Coffee.



Love the slogan!

ochopika


quality posts: 25 Private Messages ochopika
ochopika wrote:yea it depends on if you feel like surfing or not. *Ochopika uses really cheesy joke*



Ok i guess they aren't a product... even though they are products OF products, but then that gets complicated 'cuz then people could make slogans for smog and hairballs and such...

I do have a question though: After I put something in the derby, can I use it somewhere else if it doesn't win or is rejected? Or, do I still have to wait 30 days or so...?
* i meant this to be a reply to my rejected photons design, but i pressed the wrong button.*

ochopika


quality posts: 25 Private Messages ochopika
midstarrynight wrote:love love the artwork! Reminds me of Mucha



Oh thank you, I dont know who Mucha is though. I'll look them up.

ochopika


quality posts: 25 Private Messages ochopika
midstarrynight wrote:love love the artwork! Reminds me of Mucha



Ah I did actually know about his work, just didnt know him by name. I love art nouveau, especially for advertisements and posters.

saxophoneman2011


quality posts: 0 Private Messages saxophoneman2011
Re: hotcakes



Ok, all of my other favorites have been rejected or are not in range of printing. This one has to go to print.

DragonPrincess


quality posts: 0 Private Messages DragonPrincess
Re: BRAIN TACOS



I want I want I want!!!!!!!!!! I really hope this shirt makes it!!!

SnowQueenVT


quality posts: 0 Private Messages SnowQueenVT
lgnablndr wrote:I like the shirt!

I would have gone a different way... "Or they will poop on your carpet!" ;) I share my sandwiches with my dogs...and my popsicles.



Thankyou Ignablndr!! You made my day too!

I gave some cheezits to" Foxy Lady" and "Droopy" yesterday (They look exactly like their names.) These treats were well received.
Thanks for the popsicle advice!Have a great night


http://www.wix.com/scottgreenip/snowqueenvt

SnowQueenVT


quality posts: 0 Private Messages SnowQueenVT
Re: Delicious Nuts



I am glad you put a comment on the thread , because i havn't gone through the shirts to see them yet.This is awesome!!!!!!!

http://www.wix.com/scottgreenip/snowqueenvt

SnowQueenVT


quality posts: 0 Private Messages SnowQueenVT
Re: TOWELS



Meg, I have been meaning to comment, I love the artwork, colors and style , I also like the positive vibe that you get from a "thumbs-up" on the shirt.You're awesome!

http://www.wix.com/scottgreenip/snowqueenvt

ekio


quality posts: 3 Private Messages ekio
Re: tea!





I'm in for at least 15 if this prints.

Office full of Tea Drinkers, who spit and snarl at the coffee drinkers every morning, you hyped up hyperheads you.

sgreenip


quality posts: 0 Private Messages sgreenip
SnowQueenVT wrote:I love this SG! I love the underlying message to switch to renewable energy.



Thanks for the kind words snowqueen. Although, as you can see by the vote count, it's a sinker, not a floater. I mis-read the rules and my first version got rejected. And I prob should have hand done the text. Maybe next week. Thanks again, snowqueenvt! Oh, and by the way, are you responsible for all of the ragger-fraggin snow we've been getting this year?

PoorBuyer


quality posts: 0 Private Messages PoorBuyer

A bigger picture for anybody who is interested:

http://i52.tinypic.com/1zyvptl.jpg

This is my sister's first submission, so any tips and suggestions would be appreciated.

SnowQueenVT


quality posts: 0 Private Messages SnowQueenVT
sgreenip wrote:Thanks for the kind words snowqueen. Although, as you can see by the vote count, it's a sinker, not a floater. I mis-read the rules and my first version got rejected. And I prob should have hand done the text. Maybe next week. Thanks again, snowqueenvt! Oh, and by the way, are you responsible for all of the ragger-fraggin snow we've been getting this year?


Re: Fossil Fuels (RESUB)




Thats a big N-O, SG! It is not that I RULE the snow , it is that I am TRAPPED by it!! (Vermont, y'know?)
I really do love your design though,(above) I would love to wear a shirt that pulls for renewable energy sources.

http://www.wix.com/scottgreenip/snowqueenvt

collinvh


quality posts: 57 Private Messages collinvh
Re: Veggies - We Beat The Meat



I would love to have woot print this shirt... but one way or another this baby is going to print.

studio1172


quality posts: 0 Private Messages studio1172
amreli wrote:I really like the styling on this.



Hey thanks! I appreciate you liking it! Thanks guys for voting on this shirt. Kinda wish I had not gotten the idea late in the game. Please keep the votes coming!

mrsbigeddi


quality posts: 0 Private Messages mrsbigeddi

The best contraceptive and Ladders are both in the fog...the last time I looked, they were both competing for the slot. Did one of the top 'fog' designs pull out or am I just loosing more of my mind? Any help?

gricomet


quality posts: 35 Private Messages gricomet
Re: Citations Needed



Seriously? So they reject 2 out of the 3 shirts I liked this Derby. Very disappointed, don't agree with the ruling.

fjohnette


quality posts: 0 Private Messages fjohnette

Josephus


quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus
eggshelltiptoe wrote:http://www.amazon.com/Back-Future-Flux-Capacitor-Replica/dp/B000ZM0Q4I



That's ridiculous.

blinddog3d


quality posts: 0 Private Messages blinddog3d
Re: Think Outside the Box



I was taking a break from Adobe Tutorials and went to go sneak around a Nuclear Warhead Disposal Warehouse Unit on Shadow Moses Island. I ran into some trouble when I set off the alarm and had to hide really quickly!

Good thing I pulled out my cardboard box and origamied me a disguise! Jatravartid Genome engineered soldiers! When I was safe, ...I just left it there because "It's totally biodegradable and 100% recyclable!" SOLID!

Cool, huh?!
Gimme a *Solid Vote* if you LOVE Kojima-san!
"No, you can't DIE!Snaaaaaaaaaaaaaaake!"

brUno (aka: Big Boss)

Armagedon


quality posts: 106 Private Messages Armagedon
Johndis5 wrote:I made the argument that an online encyclopedia is a service that provides a product, the tangle product being information. Therefore this shirt is advertising a service and not a product.

Your statement about there being many online encyclopedias is a fair one, but they are all services that provide the same product.

I don't think you covered that argument in you post, much less proved it to be invalid.



"All the information you'll ever need."

Actually, now that I look at it, the shirt seems to be advertizing the information (the product), not the encyclopedia itself.
It does say that an online encyclopedia is a way to obtain the said information, but it just looks to me that it is advertizing and describing the information that you will get when using this online encyclopedia (fast, east, mostly true).

(Sorry, I would have thought of something to argue against your post earlier, but for some reason I thought that you were arguing for keeping the shirt. )

I still strongly urge moderators to change their ruling on this shirt even though they don't do this often (or ever as of yet).

janoulle


quality posts: 0 Private Messages janoulle
Re: Raisins Ruin Everything



This shirt is all kinds of awesome. I've always tolerated raisins, but I finally feel free to express my deep disdain for those little buggers.

advertisinggal


quality posts: 0 Private Messages advertisinggal
Re: LADDERS Zombies Cannot Climb Them



I absolutely love this design. When I saw this, I thought to myself,"Why can't I come up with something that good that fast?" Nice work!


{{volmod edit: advertising for your derby entry belongs in your signature, not in your posts. To edit your signature, please click on "my account," found at the top of the page under your username. Thank you.}}



odysseyroc


quality posts: 32 Private Messages odysseyroc
Re: d20: All Natural, Baby!



Nice to see this design getting a little love. Good going, Midge.





Psychlist1972


quality posts: 1 Private Messages Psychlist1972
Re: Barrels



Interesting, but he wasn't a plumber in Donkey Kong, he was a carpenter. If you wear this shirt, game geeks will be constantly pointing that out to you, and you'll look dumb for not realizing

Psychlist1972


quality posts: 1 Private Messages Psychlist1972
Re: I wouldn't touch these...



I would totally get this for my two kids.

Johndis5


quality posts: 3 Private Messages Johndis5
Armagedon wrote:"All the information you'll ever need."

Actually, now that I look at it, the shirt seems to be advertizing the information (the product), not the encyclopedia itself.
It does say that an online encyclopedia is a way to obtain the said information, but it just looks to me that it is advertizing and describing the information that you will get when using this online encyclopedia (fast, east, mostly true).

(Sorry, I would have thought of something to argue against your post earlier, but for some reason I thought that you were arguing for keeping the shirt. )

I still strongly urge moderators to change their ruling on this shirt even though they don't do this often (or ever as of yet).



I disagree.

"Online Encyclopedia:
All the information you'll ever need."

Reads "Our service will provide you with all of the product you'll ever need."

fast, easy (service), mostly true (product)

It's certainly debatable, but that's my take on it.

Psychlist1972


quality posts: 1 Private Messages Psychlist1972
Re: Helping you out of the Dark since 1986!



Excellent! Love the 8bitness. Keep them coming

Psychlist1972


quality posts: 1 Private Messages Psychlist1972
Re: portable computer



The old Kaypro you're thinking of didn't look like that TRS-80 (which is not a portable computer). Also, the operating system was loaded from disk on all the IBM compatibles.

Text on the side is pretty small too. I can't make out the second and third items.