blinddog3d

quality posts: 0 Private Messages blinddog3d
Re: MOONSHINE

No one has anything to say about this design.

sTyLeS

quality posts: 9 Private Messages sTyLeS
naff01 wrote:I'm not sure what I need to upload then? I followed all the correct file types

They mean the image of the nails on the shirt came from a photo (specifically this one) and wasn't something that you drew.

noah1292

quality posts: 0 Private Messages noah1292
Re: Get Hammered

wicked cool design!

IgnatiusRiley

quality posts: 1 Private Messages IgnatiusRiley

This got rejected? Damn it all to hell, woot, it's like you're trying to become the worst t-shirt site online.

blinddog3d

quality posts: 0 Private Messages blinddog3d
Re: Get Hammered

You have to make ART.

You have to draw the nails, then color them, then vector and separate them, then arrange them so they fit on a tshirt. Then make 2 pretty arrangemants (One small, one big) so we know what the tshirt you designed will look like.

Did this help? I know, you still had to read.... Sorry.

naff01

quality posts: 0 Private Messages naff01
sTyLeS wrote:They mean the image of the nails on the shirt came from a photo and wasn't something that you drew.

ah, got it. guess it's back to the drawing board...literally

awcoburn

quality posts: 0 Private Messages awcoburn
truffleshuffle wrote:Thanks! I tried to have fun with hand-drawn fonts this time I think the experiment went rather well if I do say so myself, hehe.

I think I confused the fine line between "abstract concept" (like love) and "thing" (like turtle). I wouldn't say imaginary friends are concepts, but they are indeed not tangible, so the rejection is fair. I will definitely try and re-submit this here or elsewhere. Thanks for your support everyone

This one was great! I was really hoping for hand-drawn texts in this derby, but they were sadly missing from the vast majority of the entries.

I hope this gets used in another derby or another site. It's great!

IgnatiusRiley

quality posts: 1 Private Messages IgnatiusRiley
qwasdfz wrote:Has anyone noticed that while ramyb does have several shirts in the reckoning they all seem to be oddly close to being reckoned? And yet somehow they manage to save themselves just barely every week. I'm not trying to say ramyb sucks because he doesn't. School and a few others are legitimately great shirts. The problem is he makes the same shirt over and over and over again with a different name. "I'm not contagious I swear" and this shirt are practcally identical. And I can't believe he actually submitted cooler than you right after imposter finally got reckoned. No offense ramyb, it's a good design, but lets try something new, ok?

You're new here. In a few weeks, assuming you don't have a hard-on for hastily-drawn shirts featuring cutesy animals with dead eyes, your mild annoyance at Ramyb's stagnant 'style' will have blossomed into indignant disgust.

And the thing with his shirts surviving being reckoned, week after week, has been noted by many other before. But woot never does anything about it. In fact, they actively work to silence members who question the legitimacy of his success on the site.

naff01

quality posts: 0 Private Messages naff01
blinddog3d wrote:You have to make ART.

You have to draw the nails, then color them, then vector and separate them, then arrange them so they fit on a tshirt. Then make 2 pretty arrangemants (One small, one big) so we know what the tshirt you designed will look like.

Did this help? I know, you still had to read.... Sorry.

no need to be snarky

paigeg

quality posts: 7 Private Messages paigeg
Re: The Delicious Truth

The 'you gotta try this' shirt, with more color. Even I am bored. And I really, really try not to join the RAMYB Hate Squad. And yet, I predict the win.

paigeg

Re: Taco it's spanish for taco

Ahh, the clueless average Woot voter. They are at least consistent.
Here's a cheer up. Hub and I went to Playa Chac Mool in St. Augustine for an early dinner tonite. Two 3-choice combos. Enchilada, chimichanga, burrito (for the hub), tamale, tostada and chorizo taco (for me). Lots to share. And a couple of really good Margaritas, too. No mix. No mas! My belly is full!

Armagedon

quality posts: 106 Private Messages Armagedon
megsck wrote:what i went by is that its a common product that everyone can buy, BUY being the key word there. you cant really buy wikipedia, its free, so not only is it not tangible, which in the pre derby thread i believe they nixed blogs, and wikipedia is pretty much the equivilant of a blog for this purpose, its not something you can purchase. therefore you wouldnt really need a slogan to sell it.

In no part of the rules did it say that the product must be bought. Also, Wikipedia is completely run by donations (as we have seen a few months ago with that annoying little bar at the top), so in a way it is not free as in 'air' is.

Wikipedia is definitely not a blog. I have never once said or heard someone say "I'm going to go blogging tonight on Wikipedia". It is an encyclopedia and the shirt is advertizing the information (product) that you will get.

Finally, just because something is free, does not mean it doesn't need advertizing. 'FreeCreditReport.com', 'facebook', etc all need advertizing to run. Facebook would never have grown to this size without the owner and associates advertizing it (first by word of mouth and selectivity) and no one would have ever heard of a free online source to check your credit without the help of adds, songs, and slogans.

Thanks for adding your thoughts, but if I've missed anything or you disagree, please continue.

Johndis5 wrote:*High five for keeping it classy! Go us!

Yay! *returns high-five*

laelthewhale

quality posts: 1 Private Messages laelthewhale
Re: Extra Virgin Olive Oil

the belt is too high, i thought it was wearing bling.... love the concept though

hkhm

quality posts: 2 Private Messages hkhm
Re: d20: All Natural, Baby!

LOVE this design!! it's my favorite of the derby this week and the colour is my favorite shade of green!!

hkhm

Re: Grapes: Juicy and Wrathful

love the vintage look of this design!

hkhm

joemail11

quality posts: 34 Private Messages joemail11

I've looked at the design, I've read the comments, I've made the connections, but I still don't understand this shirt.

Is it "HA! They DON'T want you to eat them but the shirt is telling me they do!"?

I hope not.

goldenthorn

quality posts: 38 Private Messages goldenthorn

Volunteer Moderator

blinddog3d wrote:I was gonna put a hand with a cigarette hanging down or just smoke coming ou of the hole.

http://img821.imageshack.us/img821/8484/mgspw02.jpg

The actual Box from MetalGearSolid Peacewalker®

Here's one for the Funimation Crowd:
http://i718.photobucket.com/albums/ww190/Fenir91/snake_imagination.jpg

While I appreciate your enthusiasm for your subject matter, the large number of images you are posting is coming close to spammy levels. Please keep your image references to url format, as I have already converted previous posts for you. Thanks!

mafafu888

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mafafu888
Re: Fuel the Addiction

I can do a Google search and find a half dozen examples of coffee/Monday slogans - how is this unoriginal and flawed (hello lack of centering) worth the fog?

qwasdfz

quality posts: 4 Private Messages qwasdfz
IgnatiusRiley wrote:You're new here. In a few weeks, assuming you don't have a hard-on for hastily-drawn shirts featuring cutesy animals with dead eyes, your mild annoyance at Ramyb's stagnant 'style' will have blossomed into indignant disgust.

And the thing with his shirts surviving being reckoned, week after week, has been noted by many other before. But woot never does anything about it. In fact, they actively work to silence members who question the legitimacy of his success on the site.

Actually I've been with woot for a while I just finally had to say how I feel about ramyb's lack of originality and new design. He basically had one good idea that he uses over and over and over again. Almost as if he's re-inventing sliced bread. I don't care what you call it or make it look like it is still just sliced bread.

qwasdfz

quality posts: 4 Private Messages qwasdfz
Re: Fuel the Addiction

See ramyb this is an original design. I actually like it a lot. You should try not doing animals for a while. You're actually good at it. Now the gummi bears on the other hand...

Johndis5

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Johndis5
llandar wrote:I liked this the first time when CrescentDebris did it.

Ugh! You are obviously one of those snobs that likes jokes to be clever and make sense.

denirib

quality posts: 0 Private Messages denirib

odysseyroc

quality posts: 32 Private Messages odysseyroc
paigeg wrote:Ahh, the clueless average Woot voter. They are at least consistent.
Here's a cheer up. Hub and I went to Playa Chac Mool in St. Augustine for an early dinner tonite. Two 3-choice combos. Enchilada, chimichanga, burrito (for the hub), tamale, tostada and chorizo taco (for me). Lots to share. And a couple of really good Margaritas, too. No mix. No mas! My belly is full!

Chac Mool-
"The meaning of the position or the statue itself remains unknown but the statue served as a sacrifice repository of the blood, offered to our ancient gods, accumulated from young hearts for many centuries."

great name for a restaurant!

edit; I understand it's the name of a beach, but still just hearing Chac Mool makes me think of sacrifice and blood.

BootsBoots

quality posts: 36 Private Messages BootsBoots
ApeLad wrote:He only wears sprinkles when he's feeling fancy.

Hoohoo! Nice! (on both that comment and on the design)

Johndis5

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Johndis5
qwasdfz wrote:See ramyb this is an original design. I actually like it a lot. You should try not doing animals for a while. You're actually good at it. Now the gummi bears on the other hand...

What's original? The color scheme and layout?
http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=37124

Nope

How about the subject?
http://tshirtgroove.com/tag/coffee/

Hmm, not that either.

How incomplete and sloppy it is?
http://www.shirtwhat.com/archive_a.php?artist=ramyb&derby=&rejected=0&removed=0&sort=D

Strike three.... I give up.

paigeg

odysseyroc wrote:Chac Mool-
"The meaning of the position or the statue itself remains unknown but the statue served as a sacrifice repository of the blood, offered to our ancient gods, accumulated from young hearts for many centuries."

great name for a restaurant!

edit; I understand it's the name of a beach, but still just hearing Chac Mool makes me think of sacrifice and blood.

Oy! Lol! It's in the Yucatan, and so are the folks who own/run this restaurant. I'm sure they hope their clientele isn't as astute as you. In any case, I was tasty, and I'm so full, two hours later, but I still want another chorizo taco.

anidi79

quality posts: 0 Private Messages anidi79
flemtone wrote:It's not often one sees Absolute Truth on the front of a t-shirt. The concept and execution are flawless. It will be a crime if this doesn't print.

Thank you so much for this comment. It truly made my day! :D

Ktodd

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Ktodd
Re: a hug in a mug

you have a good eye

wootvan

quality posts: 62 Private Messages wootvan

Does this copy THIS artwork?

joemail11

wootvan wrote:Does this copy THIS artwork?

I think he wants us to focus on the artwork, so he can sneak by with a weak joke. Don't look at the bears! It's a red herring!

joemail11

Re: They're Watching.

...feed...me...paper clips...

joemail11

meh3884 wrote:Having trouble seeing the tangible product here...? Is it the heart life or the video games?

VIDEO GAMES: Get a Life

Better?

renegadetim

quality posts: 12 Private Messages renegadetim
Johndis5 wrote:Look, measure it if you need to, but the first line of text on the bottom is undeniably off center. That has nothing to do with opinion. It's just a fact, kind of like 5 is greater than 4.

I don't care who made it, if I saw a design that was this sloppily put together, I would call it. Check my comment history, buddy, I went on a tirade telling someone else that they had no business baselessly attacking ramy. Maybe you should do a little research before you make ridiculous accusations.

Off center compared to what? I still don't see the warrant for the off centered complaints. IF anything is off centered it's the "COFFEE" text and not the "Monday's" text. Look at the shirt comp, measure from the side of the shirt to the first and last letter of the slogan text and tell me that it is off centered on the shirt.

Off centered compared to the "Coffee" text, MAYBE but still not way off centered in my eyes. In that case, the complaint from everyone should be that the "Coffee" should be pulled to the left a little. Because the slogan text, if moved, would then be off center on the shirt, and isn't that what we're designing here?

megsck

quality posts: 6 Private Messages megsck
Armagedon wrote:snip.

i think you've missed what i was saying completely.

i said for this purpose, wikipedia is basically a blog, meaning its a free site where people can go and read things on the internet. also, in case you didnt know this, everyone can write on wikipedia, they get on there and type what they know about a certain thing, almost just like blogging! but either way, when the derby says slogans for common everyday products, i think its pretty obvious they mean things you can go into a store and buy. any site online as they discussed previously, is intangible and they said they were looking for tangible objects. they were only being consistent in their rejections when they rejected this. its not about the artwork or how clever it is, it just wasnt what they were looking for, dont worry, they can sub it again in another derby that fits its criteria.

blankity blank

quality posts: 2 Private Messages blankity blank
joemail11 wrote:...feed...me...paper clips...

and metal forks!

dennisdeems

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dennisdeems
Re: hotcakes

I hate the color orange so I'd never wear this. But it made me laugh. <3

P.S. Definitely "themselves", but I would have left out the ellipsis.

sogj

quality posts: 15 Private Messages sogj

Zombies are apparently also double-jointed.

GMV

I refuse to answer on the grounds that I don't know the answer.

studio1172

quality posts: 0 Private Messages studio1172
cobaltgrl wrote:Nice design job, and like the background, but I hate light tees, I just get spots on them.

To be honest, I am not a fan of light colored shirts as well. But it worked best for the design. Thanks for liking it and leaving a comment!

studio1172

quality posts: 0 Private Messages studio1172
hkhm wrote:love the vintage look of this design!

Thank you!