Armagedon

quality posts: 106 Private Messages Armagedon
megsck wrote:i think you've missed what i was saying completely.

i said for this purpose, wikipedia is basically a blog, meaning its a free site where people can go and read things on the internet. also, in case you didnt know this, everyone can write on wikipedia, they get on there and type what they know about a certain thing, almost just like blogging! but either way, when the derby says slogans for common everyday products, i think its pretty obvious they mean things you can go into a store and buy. any site online as they discussed previously, is intangible and they said they were looking for tangible objects. they were only being consistent in their rejections when they rejected this. its not about the artwork or how clever it is, it just wasnt what they were looking for, dont worry, they can sub it again in another derby that fits its criteria.

If woot wanted it to be obvious that you must 'buy' the product, then they would have put it in the rules. I don't think you understand that the product here is the information.
Just because other people can improve and add to it does not make it any less of a product.

Here is the definition of 'blog': a Web site that contains an online personal journal with reflections, comments, and often hyperlinks provided by the writer; also : the contents of such a site
-Courtesy of Merriam-Webster
Now, that sounds absolutely NOTHING like Wikipedia. Even in the vaguest way, it is still hard to find any solid connection between the two.

You may think that the rules obviously say that the product must be bought in a store, but I prefer not to put words in other people's mouths. If woot meant to say something, then they would have said it.
I could make a shirt with the slogan "Air: Try some!" and it would fall completely within the rules yet you can not buy it or hold it. The only difference is my shirt would get one vote (mine) while this might have won the derby.

Finally, I don't care how good this shirt is or is not. I'm arguing that it should not be rejected because the rejection is wrong. There have been other shirts that I have liked in derbies much better than this that have been rejected, yet there was a good reason, so I did not argue to 'un-reject' it just because I liked the shirt.
In my opinion, the argument to reject this shirt has no strong base (if any) by looking the past conversation and the moderator's reason for rejecting.

I have kept my mind completely open to any good reason(s) why this must be rejected, but so far there has yet to be one, so I stand by my reasoning.

fishbiscuit5

quality posts: 39 Private Messages fishbiscuit5
horrymorry wrote:This is a great shirt, I'll be truly disappointed if it doesn't get printed. Absolutely hilarious!

Thank you! I'll be disappointed too. :D

dreadwood

quality posts: 1 Private Messages dreadwood
Re: They're Watching.

Thanks everyone Too bad I posted this so late.

ochopika

quality posts: 28 Private Messages ochopika

Staff

I LOL'ed for real. They have this shocked look of disgust. Why?

CapitalGGeek

quality posts: 3 Private Messages CapitalGGeek
megsck wrote:religiously ;) Hardly anyone i know, in the u.s. anyway, has read the books

It's quite a geek thing here. That said, we took a field trip to the Holocaust Museum in Washington DC, which happened to coincide with Towel Day. Yes, we all had our towels. Only one guard asked about it.

fishbiscuit5

Ah! Now I can't unsee the faces on my outlets. :P

fishbiscuit5

Re: Grapes: Juicy and Wrathful

Really nice design! I think it would have looked nice on heather grey too.

creativehack

quality posts: 29 Private Messages creativehack
Re: Little Blue Pills

Harsh

RAMPage Soccer for your iPad

odysseyroc

quality posts: 33 Private Messages odysseyroc
paigeg wrote:Oy! Lol! It's in the Yucatan, and so are the folks who own/run this restaurant. I'm sure they hope their clientele isn't as astute as you. In any case, I was tasty, and I'm so full, two hours later, but I still want another chorizo taco.

I'm all about the soy chorizo from Trader Joes, these days. Soyrizo and egg tacos make a great breakfast.

dohboy182

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dohboy182
rasabi wrote:I understand the blue is probably less popular of a color. It didn't look like it had enough momentum to go all the way anyway, so I decided to increase the visibility of the design just to see if that would help. I'd be just as happy if the gray ended up with more votes in the end. Live and learn. Glad you liked it earlier :P.

I just loved the way the red showed emphasis on the dark background and the whites really highlighted the key points (bottles). It was VERY well done on that asphalt grey. This is the one and only design from this derby that I would have bought in a heart beat Here's hoping you get an honorable mention print or something!

artbreaker

quality posts: 0 Private Messages artbreaker
roxiirox wrote:love the shirt! it's very true, lol.
And yes, changing the shirt color was a great idea. All the colors pop out quite nicely and work great together.

why thank you roxiirox!

http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=52144

blinddog3d

quality posts: 0 Private Messages blinddog3d
blinddog3d wrote:No one has anything to say about this design.

Oh, wait..... Someone had something to say...

"Rejected AGAIN!" This has got to be a record!

I know, try it on a different color, maybe that will make it look like you didn't copy it.

arob109

quality posts: 0 Private Messages arob109

I've been thinking about Stir Fry slogans lately such as:

Stir Fry, so good it can Wok on water.

Stir Fry, Wok your taste buds!

Stir Fry, Wok it baby!

Stir Fry, It's a Wok-Star!

Now I'm hungry :p

But seriously, if you think you can do something with these, please feel free!

IndependentVik

quality posts: 11 Private Messages IndependentVik
Re: Taco it's spanish for taco

Seeing this in 13th place is making me a sad taco

jabelite

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jabelite
Re: Orange Juice

This shirt provokes a lot of questions for me.

"What is the best juice out there?" "If one is allergic to oranges can orange juice still claim to be 'the King of the Juice." "What is the meaning of juice? Is there nothing after we enjoy it or is there something more to it's orange flavored deliciousness?"

I may not be able to answer many of those questions but I'd definitely buy this shirt!

blinddog3d

Re: cat nip: get your cat as high as you are

I'm confused; I don't see a cheesburger. I see a cat. Did it eat a Cheeseburger?

Cheeseburger is a funny word to a chinese person, any word is funny to a cat. I don't see "Catnip" anywhere on this shirt. I just don't get it!

I must be as high as this cat!
Towelie says, "Don't forget to bring a towel! hehe, I am Soooo High I'm gonna make a shirt outta my cat!"
brUno

lucky1988

quality posts: 20 Private Messages lucky1988
Re: Frozen Pizza

cheers SnowQueenVT!

blinddog3d

Re: Get Hammered

Got nailed again!
brUno

arob109

quality posts: 0 Private Messages arob109

I really like it but am not a fan of white t-shirts at all. I think making the shirt black and changing the text to white would give it my vote.

IndependentVik

quality posts: 11 Private Messages IndependentVik
Re: Go Fig

Oh, wow, how did I not see this one before? Brilliantly funny! I didn't know you had these kind of comedic entries in you, Robbie

GMV, for all the good that'll do.

megs1310

quality posts: 0 Private Messages megs1310

I reworked it a bit to try to make it better-- please let me know any suggestions!

http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=51833

[

Re: That's not gonna work... (v. 2)

sgreenip

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sgreenip
Re: It's Medicinal

It's funny. I have a "crazy pills" shirt from a woot gone by in my closet, and that was acceptable. So acceptable that it won and went into print. (hence the reason why it's in my closet) Why is this not? Same thing, right? No?

megs1310

quality posts: 0 Private Messages megs1310

I'd love your feedback!

Re: That's not gonna work... (v. 2)

blinddog3d

Really?
This is for $1000.00

My kid can draw better than this. write better, too. I don't get it?

I thought this was like an "Art Contest" but it's like Highschool.

Power to ya, if this is what the buying public wants. I don't wanna pissonyur daisies. Not at all. I'm just over here cuz a buddy told me there was top knotch stuff.

Good luck with this, it seems to be catchy and that's the name of the game.
brUno

sarahlav

quality posts: 1 Private Messages sarahlav
Josephus wrote:after something like 4 rounds of rejections without touching it, they rejected my previous version. Here is a new one, no mobius strip, no infinity symbol, no 'baconfinity'.

Bacon Forever!

Sad, sad mushroom

slowjam

quality posts: 8 Private Messages slowjam

I don't want to fan the e-drama flames of ramyb hatred, but really. In addition to it being a thoroughly unoriginal idea (yea, par for the course), these look NOTHING like bears. I can't tell that these are bears if I just look at the picture. Bears have snouts.

blinddog3d

Re: Evil Twin

I love the slogan, the mustache thing is current with the "EvinTwin" lore, but "Margerine" sounds like a female.

I keep seeing "Butters" from South Park and his evil twin Margerine... When he went in drag.

Definitely cute.
brUno

jb2colorado

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jb2colorado
Re: Xtremely Refreshing Water ... in a bottle

congratulations on being awesome.

ChangoMalo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ChangoMalo

This is one the best derbies I've ever seen. There should be more than 3 winners. Literally LOL.

blinddog3d

megsck wrote:so i dont know how i feel about this because i used vhs, and im only 30...does that mean i should have grandkids? ugh, now i feel old... ;)

I'm down with that, I remember I paid close to $1000.00 for my first VCR when I was at University. My kids aren't old enough to have kids. Hey, This contest is for $1000.00... Hm, No, I still don't get it.

And I think your thumbnail is.... uh, I've already spent to much time here. Bye.

megsck

quality posts: 6 Private Messages megsck
Armagedon wrote:I don't think you understand that the product here is the information.
Here is the definition of 'blog': a Web site that contains an online personal journal with reflections, comments, and often hyperlinks provided by the writer; also : the contents of such a site.
You may think that the rules obviously say that the product must be bought in a store, but I prefer not to put words in other people's mouths. If woot meant to say something, then they would have said it.
Finally, I don't care how good this shirt is or is not. I'm arguing that it should not be rejected because the rejection is wrong.
I have kept my mind completely open to any good reason(s) why this must be rejected, but so far there has yet to be one, so I stand by my reasoning.

again, you are not understanding what i am saying, i thought i was clear twice, but ill try one more time. im not saying that wikipedia is a blog, im syaing for this derby specifically, wikipedia is just like a blog in that its a page on the internet with information that isnt TANGIBLE. Wikipedia, nor the INFORMATION on it is a common tangible everyday product.

basically woot said in the pre derby that they thought people would understand from the write up that they wanted TANGIBLE EVERYDAY OBJECTS, they even went so far as to give you some examples of what they were looking for, "Other generic products to give you a better idea include bread, toothpaste, toilet paper, Cola, and yard sticks." does anything in that sentence give you any indication that wikipedia would be okay?

obviously your mind isnt open, since you refuse to even see how wikipedia differs from a yard stick. the rejectioner has the last say and he says it wont fly, they made up the rules, so obviously they didnt mean websites when they said common everyday products. so you stating your opinion that the rejection is wrong like its a fact is meaningless since if they rejected it, it was obviously right.

EDIT: also, if you want a strong basis for rejection, look at all the other rejected designs that had intangible objects...if they rejected those, why would they leave this one in? he is only being fair.

Johndis5

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Johndis5
renegadetim wrote:Off center compared to what?

The center.

lonelypond

quality posts: 449 Private Messages lonelypond

clever-- and a little creepy

megsck

quality posts: 6 Private Messages megsck

lonelypond

Re: tea!

all right, it's a charmer, I'm voting tea

lonelypond

Re: Spinach: The Original Steroid

like the sentiment

lonelypond

lonelypond

blinddog3d

So, I'm new here, I don't get how things are done... I guess. Mods?

When a entry gets "rejected," why don't people delete it? If they leave it in can we reject it, too?

Is there a policy on how many accounts you can vote from? It seems like some one could buy a dozen inexpensive items, each under a different email, and spike the votes to get exposure in "the new hottness." Then take them all back and spike it again in a few hours. Oops, didn't mean to give you any ideas...

Does stuff like this happen, is it frowned upon, or commonplace? Do people really get that this is for $1000 and bragging rights? Some of the art is suspect to me.

We'll see what's dry after the wash.
Cheers,
brUno

lonelypond

hkhm wrote:spork!

yep