Talesin

quality posts: 13 Private Messages Talesin

Like I said; I haven't been following the derbies. Faith somewhat restored in the democratic process.

Assassin15

quality posts: 161 Private Messages Assassin15
jmmbell1987 wrote:I'd replace the "Tron" shirt with this.

Actually that's what I thought of first, but it looks to me as if that bike isn't really a penny-farthing... so I went with Ancestry.

PULL UP YOUR SKIRT, WE'RE ON A MISSION/
WE NEED A HERO, NOT A POLITICIAN - "Panhammer" by Phinehas

jmmbell1987

quality posts: 78 Private Messages jmmbell1987
chrisprender wrote:I can't tell if the writeup is vehemently anti-hipster, or just ironically bashing the subculture in some sort of double-hipster meta game.

When the write-ups get bash-happy, everyone should just duck for cover.

trixydan

quality posts: 8 Private Messages trixydan

Dear Staff Writer:

I think I'm in love with you. I know this seems sudden, and you're probably thinking that it's just some juvenile infatuation. I've been told that before... But this time I know it's different! You just seem to 'get me', it's like we've been best friends for years. I know that we where ment for each other...

Of you feel the same please check this box. [ ]

If not, go to hell, you never really appreciated me anyway, it's not me it's you, and, I slept with your best friend.

xoxo
TrixyDan

yuf

quality posts: 1 Private Messages yuf

I hope the actual shirt has the graphic more centered on the shirt. Love the design, hate the location on the web graphic of the tshirt.

bluejester

quality posts: 568 Private Messages bluejester

May I suggest that These Guys would be the perfect audience for this shirt.

rumzoo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rumzoo
Corrado wrote:Yeah, that was pretty much my interpretation of the shirt. Sadly, I'm not sure the artist had the same vision.

Art is subjective, right? Mustache rides it is! (in my world)

bluejester

quality posts: 568 Private Messages bluejester

I don't know about the write up. Personally, unless you're Andy Kaufman, insulting the buying audience gets old.

Plus it's a bit of a diservice to the artist who came up with the design. I know there's the whole "It's just a joke" that could be said, but if the average person pops in, reads a write up that's insulting to them, then decides to boycott the shirt--well, you've hurt more than just woot, you've hurt the artist's sales as well.

Just my thoughts.

CraigVerb

quality posts: 1 Private Messages CraigVerb

yuck hipsters.

jmmbell1987

bluejester wrote:I don't know about the write up. Personally, unless you're Andy Kaufman, insulting the buying audience gets old.

Plus it's a bit of a diservice to the artist who came up with the design. I know there's the whole "It's just a joke" that could be said, but if the average person pops in, reads a write up that's insulting to them, then decides to boycott the shirt--well, you've hurt more than just woot, you've hurt the artist's sales as well.

Just my thoughts.

I completely agree. It bugs the hell out of me when Woot more or less uses the shirt as foil for the snarkiness of its write-ups. I usually enjoy the write-ups, but this one was far too smug for my taste.

You're a shirt site, Woot. Your writers can be funny, but the shirts are the star of the show.

JeffQ

quality posts: 6 Private Messages JeffQ

I didn't get the joke right away. My first thought was, "I don't recall any Number 2 being quite so obvious (or so moustached) when menacing Number 6." God, I'm old.

gossamerica

quality posts: 19 Private Messages gossamerica

Forget the shirt, where can I get the actual bicycle? Or at least some mustache handlebars for my bike?

jmmbell1987

CraigVerb wrote:yuck hipsters.

I've actually not had any trouble with the many hipsters I've met. My sister (who lives among them in Brooklyn) concurs. Many have been perfectly nice people who happen to enjoy wearing plaid. I think the common perception of the hipster far exceeds the real thing.

CraigVerb

quality posts: 1 Private Messages CraigVerb
jmmbell1987 wrote:I've actually not had any trouble with the many hipsters I've met. My sister (who lives among them in Brooklyn) concurs. Many have been perfectly nice people who happen to enjoy wearing plaid. I think the common perception of the hipster far exceeds the real thing.

Well I have had problems with them. See them here http://www.latfh.com/

megsck

quality posts: 6 Private Messages megsck

yay seed! glad this one made it, loved it when you showed it in the wip thread! congrats!

jmmbell1987

CraigVerb wrote:Well I have had problems with them. See them here http://www.latfh.com/

Hah! I won't lie, if that site is the only historical record of hipsterdom in 1,000 years, our descendants will wonder what the hell was in the water in Williamsburg.

bmw66x

quality posts: 48 Private Messages bmw66x

Ray William Johnson would approve of this shirt.

“totally unique pop culture digest” YouTube show where you show clips of other popular things that happened in the hopes that someone will mistakenly click your link and increase your total views." -that's him!

I'm Bryan. Nice to meet you, Wooter.

Drakxxx

quality posts: 16 Private Messages Drakxxx

Evil bike rides itself! Congrats sir, love the character and concept.

naktipi

quality posts: 4 Private Messages naktipi

Is this shirt promoting mustache rides?

Mmm. Pie.

renkenr

quality posts: 7 Private Messages renkenr

The evil characters are supposed to have goatees, like evil Spock, evil Stan, evil Kyle, good Cartman, etc.

pyro008

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pyro008

The write up tries too hard. Its clearly just a pun that includes the stereotypical villainous nature of handlebar mustaches.

hushpuppy20

quality posts: 2 Private Messages hushpuppy20

Heather Grey is becoming a deal breaker for me. Too many Woot T's of this color in my closet. Staring at all that grey when I go to choose a shirt is depressing.

TheRingo

quality posts: 1 Private Messages TheRingo

Is it okay to wear a mustache as an ostensible sign of virility rather than as a tool for social ladder jockeying?
In other news, as an American, I have apparently been spelling mustache in a manner inconsistent with the practices of my people. (Moustache)

infinitezero

quality posts: 5 Private Messages infinitezero

This shirt also reminds me of this guy from beezlebub, arandron and his o so epic stache.

http://images.wikia.com/beelzebub/images/6/6d/Thumb-arandron.png

renkenr

quality posts: 7 Private Messages renkenr
pyro008 wrote:The write up tries too hard. Its clearly just a pun that includes the stereotypical villainous nature of handlebar mustaches.

Then the bike needs a top hat, monicle, cane, and cape. MUAHAHAHAHA!

walmazan

quality posts: 64 Private Messages walmazan

So, so good! congrats SeedUvPain!

badfishe

quality posts: 0 Private Messages badfishe

text has a nice style to it, great job seed of pain

tedzilla99

quality posts: 31 Private Messages tedzilla99

This is the kind of bike the paperboy from Better Off Dead would ride.

disturbed0ne

quality posts: 9 Private Messages disturbed0ne
odysseyroc wrote:Rollie FIngers didn't think so

Pshaw. He simply didn't PLAY with his monocle in. Nothing sucks more than an eye full of monocle shards, after all. Take it out for ball game, put it back in afterward.

phonedog365

quality posts: 6 Private Messages phonedog365

Waxed moustache plus penny farthing does not make make one evil. It chose the path of dastardly deeds long ago. Perhaps Evil Bike is the newest member of The Evil League of Evil and is looking to make a name for itself.

Spiritgreen

quality posts: 217 Private Messages Spiritgreen

Ladies and Gentlemen, this very bike was rumored to be owned by Jack the Ripper himself!

There is something about the penny farthing that lends itself to evilness. A Segway with a mustache wouldn't be nearly so threatening. If anything it'd probably help little old ladies cross the street.

The Victorians knew how to be villainous that's for sure.

Congrats Seed! ^_^

shiva4921

quality posts: 2 Private Messages shiva4921

reminds me of when my boyfriend thought "no shave november" should continue into spring...

hatedkeroua

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hatedkeroua

what's penny-farting?

babba-booie babba-booie Howard Stern's Peepee

elviswind

quality posts: 1 Private Messages elviswind
jmmbell1987 wrote:I'd replace the "Tron" shirt with this.

And this shirt printing does make me sad that Boots' Mustache shirt didn't make it. :/

I'd replace that with this. One of my favorites too.

Also, bought'd.

pamtha

quality posts: 14 Private Messages pamtha
doodahbtfcc13 wrote:This kind of makes me sad that I can't grow a neat handlebar mustache. I'll never be able to stroke it while laughing and smiling in a menacing way. And while rubbing my hands together.

*sigh* =[

Umm - you don't need a mustache to appear menacing and evil if you have the ability to simultaneously stroke your moustache while rubbing your hands together. Then you'd have 3 hands, and I'd still run away screaming, moustache or no.

walmazan

quality posts: 64 Private Messages walmazan

By the way I buy two!!!!

MUAAAA HA HA!

elviswind

quality posts: 1 Private Messages elviswind
walmazan wrote:By the way I buy two!!!!

MUAAAA HA HA!

Evil walmazan is evil. :-)

thecastleburys

quality posts: 0 Private Messages thecastleburys

This bike needs a top hat and cane!

Teh Rocky

hatter23

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hatter23
chrisprender wrote:I can't tell if the writeup is vehemently anti-hipster, or just ironically bashing the subculture in some sort of double-hipster meta game.

Ever hear about the hipster Halloween Costume? It is an empty bag with the instructions "wear what you normally do, but complain about hipsters a lot" Yet by saying this, am apparently now a hipster. Irony has gone fractal.

But yes, whoever did the write up apparently hates the shirt.

lucksource

quality posts: 1 Private Messages lucksource
doodahbtfcc13 wrote:This kind of makes me sad that I can't grow a neat handlebar mustache. I'll never be able to stroke it while laughing and smiling in a menacing way. And while rubbing my hands together.

*sigh* =[

Take comfort, friend, in your ability to stroke ANY mustache while rubbing your hands together. Either you have three+ hands or you're just that deliciously evil. Either way, I applaud you!