Re: Prismatic Rose

First white shirt I've ever voted for!

fventz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages fventz

How is this not off topic?

Gally242

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Gally242
Re: The Life Cycle of a CATerpillar

I so want a kittenpiller! I suppose this shirt will have to be enough though.

My favorite day is 14! It is impressive that it can make all its legs vanish when it has so many.

Oxyminoan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Oxyminoan
Re: The color of light

The only shirt in this derby I would actually buy and wear. Really hope this shirt makes it to print.

I'm so sick of all the cutesy and cartoony designs that fog every single week. For once I'd love an adult-geared shirt to win.

skirochester

quality posts: 4 Private Messages skirochester
fventz wrote:That's exactly what I thought. Sure as hell looks like a weed plant to me. And the colors fit, too.

completely unintentional... although I realize that it looks similar, it is NOT a marijuana plant. I'm actually very anti-drug.

Patman1209

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Patman1209

A couple of things... didn't he do a TMNT theme shirt a few weeks ago? I mean, there has to be some penalty points for flogging a dead horse... but I guess everybody seems to love the dead horse.

Second... would your average kid even know what TMNT is at this point... being in my late-20s I"m not "hip" to the "kids"... but as far as I'm aware its been awhile since any TMNT stuff has been on tv/movies/cereal/etc.

I suppose that's a moot point... I don't know from where the Ramy legion rises but they are just that.... legion.

coredragon

quality posts: 0 Private Messages coredragon
Re: Experimental Fail

I think this shirt is fine and fits the theme, and has a dark sense of humor that I like. All the people who are over sensitive need to relax. As stated above it seems okay to draw zombies which are reanimated freaking people, but you kill a few imaginary turtles and the world ends.

There are plenty of abstract "experiments" that could never happen but people have issue with this design. You've got my vote, keep up the great art work.

walmazan

quality posts: 62 Private Messages walmazan
Re: The Color Solution

The Color Solution

Guys, I made a video process when I did this shirt, maybe will be help full for you!

Note: its the full process and my english is not very good, but I hope works for you!

we will cover: Half toning, prepare the files for printing, and some spanish!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vjun0CnnoUo

walmazan

So good and fantastic colors!

+1

CaptainIte

quality posts: 0 Private Messages CaptainIte
Re: The color of light

Pretty sure the number of colours in visible light is not the important thing here. The point is that this is a very common, very basic plant biology experiment that gets repeated everywhere.

The best part is it's accurate too! Plants generally undergo photosynthesis faster under red light, thereby growing more, but more slowly under green light. The green pigments are able to absorb the wavelengths of red light, but not green light. With blue and yellow it's somewhere in between, depending on the plant.

Awesome. Totally getting this if it gets printed.

PixelPants

quality posts: 68 Private Messages PixelPants
Re: Highpothesis Tested

Sometimes personal success can exceed our expectations.

kaleidoscopicfailure

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kaleidoscopicfailure
Re: Boron is the Fifth

this is one of the most clever ideas in the competition. the clothing from the movie really sells it!

dabrames

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dabrames

Well, I think the shirt is on the edge between dark humor and poor taste. I probably wouldn't wear it myself, but unlike others, I don't feel its mere existence is not an affront to science or animals.

That's not why I posted though. I keep seeing people say TMNT was a video game first. The original TMNT was a comic book (first published in 1984). It was a small, independent comic which grew into a multi-media phenomenon very quickly.

DianaSprinkle

quality posts: 110 Private Messages DianaSprinkle
jzlosman wrote:It started as a comic in the mid-80s. Followed by 4 TV series, 4 films, and are you ready for this...21 video games. How can you try to make a case that TMNT is not a video game. The origin media is irrelevant.

Unless it's not. Woot decides on how the rules apply and generally what format the original thing started as does tend to matter in their process. However flawed that might be. They've made one rejection for video games for TNMT and swung the other way on that ever since then.

We've had several "no video game" derbies with TMNT shirts surviving until the end in the fog without rejections. Arguing whether or not 21 games matter more than the comic that started it and continued to be made for 15 years... (how many issues is that? Looks like 129 issues) seems a bit silly. You could make the argument that without the comic all the rest of the media wouldn't exist but like I said it just gets a bit silly. Just tattle it.

studio1172

quality posts: 0 Private Messages studio1172
Re: Science Class

This is really nice. I would put up something that shows the halftones you are using in fear of a rejection for being to small of dot.

studio1172

quality posts: 0 Private Messages studio1172
Re: [url=http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=51950]Young Bell

WIN!

DianaSprinkle

Re: Bonsai for all Seasons

This is really pretty! I'm a little concerned about the detail getting lost in printing but this is really nice.

jasneko

quality posts: 30 Private Messages jasneko
Re: Just Add Love (Version 2)
PixelPants wrote:Definitely meant in a complimentary sense. You always eradicate superfluous detail and get to the heart of your ideas, which a lot of people here really respond to.

Thanks for clarifying, nice to hear

suzer22 wrote:YAY! Excellent!

Thanks suzer!

lonelypond wrote:yes, solves the only problem it had. Nice.

Oh good! I was still worried people who liked the original before might still prefer that one.

readingatmidnigtht wrote:LOve!

Thanks readingatmidnight!

be10der2me wrote:I really like this! And no cannabis reference! +1

Thanks be10der2me!

Vote!

DianaSprinkle

Re: You are here

That pooor rat. He can't read that sign. It'll probably end up as bedding. Cute idea! Something about the rat's head seems a bit odd but it's still very cute.

jasneko

quality posts: 30 Private Messages jasneko

I love this! Adorable. And yes bonus, no cartoon animals harmed

Vote!

IgnatiusRiley

quality posts: 1 Private Messages IgnatiusRiley

This seems to be within the rules of this week's derby, though like nearly all of Ramy's shirts it doesn't deserve to be anywhere near the fog. But I see a larger problem than the subject matter of the shirt, namely that its graphic is tiny. People would have to get up close and squint just to figure out what the hell was going on. And considering how lãme the shirt is, the payoff for doing so would be nonexistent.

ryleek

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ryleek

I find this disturbing. :P

walmazan

I love it! nice placement too!

+1

AGrant311

quality posts: 4 Private Messages AGrant311
Re: 18XX SCIENCE FAIRE SHOWDOWN

This is so far the only entry in this whole derby I like. No animal cruelty made light of, it's on topic, it's wearable outside of context, and it's one of my favorite designers.

kevlar51

quality posts: 43 Private Messages kevlar51

spectacular use of halftones!

swammi1203

quality posts: 0 Private Messages swammi1203

The design seems very small. You may have labeled the bottle as 'Detergent' but that almost assuredly would not be legible to anyone looking at the shirt. Aside from the fact that this could be depicting borderline animal cruelty, even if it's just to be blamed on some Jatravartid kid at a science fair, I don't care for the execution at all.

rglee129

quality posts: 27 Private Messages rglee129
Re: Potato Power

Potato Power!

6 colors on asphalt.

swammi1203

quality posts: 0 Private Messages swammi1203
Re: Minor Modifications

Considering the fact that Pluto was demoted in 2006, I struggle to see how this idea would still be relevant at a science fair. Assuming a middle school or lower science fair, most of the children would be too young to even take notice of Pluto's demotion. If this shirt was put out 5 years ago, it would have been deemed commonplace, but submitting it now makes it outdated.

kaseyfleming

quality posts: 1 Private Messages kaseyfleming
Re: fresh!

gotta love some diet cola-cola (c:

scifx

quality posts: 0 Private Messages scifx
AnimalChin624 wrote:Nice work .....

Thanks man, appreciate the feedback.

bmill3

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bmill3

This is really sad how obsessed people are getting over this...

usopp

quality posts: 0 Private Messages usopp

I get the joke, I like TMNT and all, but I don't wanna walk around with a picture of dead turtles on my shirt though.

KironaoftheSkies

quality posts: 0 Private Messages KironaoftheSkies
Re: [url=http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=51851]Just put an

SO MUCH WIN. I love it!

gricomet

quality posts: 35 Private Messages gricomet
Re: Magnetic fields and water flow

I like the color of this shirt, the graphics work well and make it a pleasant overall design.

bassanimation

quality posts: 98 Private Messages bassanimation
Re: The Little Inventor

Wow, this is fantastic!!! Excellent skills you have here! I really love the whimsy and action in the scene. You manage to focus on the little kid too, so it's quite obvious the shenanigans going on, hahah. Awesome entry! +1! Good luck .

bassanimation

I always look forward to your entries, Pixel. You do such fantastic detail work. I really love this! The layout is really unique and the scene is really funny. Spot on the theme as well. +1!!

ChicagoJayhawk

quality posts: 6 Private Messages ChicagoJayhawk

What is it with Ramyb and turtles?!

Sigh.

Drakxxx

quality posts: 16 Private Messages Drakxxx
Re: [url=http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=51950]Young Bell

Beautiful illustration Kasey. Your talent and versatility never ceases to amaze me.

bassanimation

Re: My Pet Turtle Weighs 6 Balloons

No Mr. Turtle!! Go float back into the fog! ;_;

megsck

quality posts: 6 Private Messages megsck

really nice and simple, just the way i like it! i forsee this one in the fog by tomorrow if not tonight =)