dgshinkle

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dgshinkle
kevlar51 wrote:I love your style Naolito; you consistently produce great stuff!

I think so to. your background is very smooth.

Edison Plays Dirty STAFF: Well, I tried. Looks like the image won't stay until you buy something. Still, please don't post your derby entry in the body of posts.

tenecwhiskey

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tenecwhiskey
Re: 2-Liter Twister

Oh my husband the storm chaser so needs this shirt!

dgshinkle

Re: Experimental Fail

Clever resub. I like your prism one much better though

Edison Plays Dirty STAFF: Well, I tried. Looks like the image won't stay until you buy something. Still, please don't post your derby entry in the body of posts.

dgshinkle

Re: Spectrum

Very nicely done. Breaking out of your norm produces stunning work. it get my Vote.

amreli

quality posts: 8 Private Messages amreli
Re: The color of light

Oh no, sad to see this out of the fog too! I really like this design, simple yet obvious some thought did go into it (the different growth in different color light). Ok, I'm also a sucker for rainbows.

dgshinkle

dcroe05 wrote:This design is awesome. Very clever.

I don't know why you don't have more votes. I'll buy at least 2.

Thanks for the support. I still feel like Im trying to learn what the woot community likes while not sacrificer a scene of it being my work. I like things to tell a story. I wish I could get more critique even bad ones. It would help my improve my work either way.

ochopika

quality posts: 28 Private Messages ochopika

Staff

Re: Anyone Out There?

Here are two kids doing some research for their science fair projects about extraterrestrial life.

You KNOW this is really happening somewhere, what with all those extra planets out there.

dgshinkle

amreli wrote:Oh no, sad to see this out of the fog too! I really like this design, simple yet obvious some thought did go into it (the different growth in different color light). Ok, I'm also a sucker for rainbows.

Yea I like the look of this one. I would actually wear it. Sometimes I think people forget weir-ability when vote for shirts.

ochopika

Staff

Re: The color of light

I'd buy this if I had any money! Love it!

msklzannie

quality posts: 4 Private Messages msklzannie
Re: [url=http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=51851]Just put an

One of the only things I remember from my junior high ag elective is, "Dirt is a dirty word. It's not dirt; it's soil!"

One year I did a project on erosion so I had not one, but three, boxes of dirt/soil. Boy were those things heavy.

Total woot orders: 189
Bag o.f Crap: 12/25/2010, 1/25/2011, 6/15/2011, 11/9/2011, 12/25/2011, 3/22/3012, 4/26/2012

wootvan

quality posts: 62 Private Messages wootvan
Re: Science Class

If it gets rejectorated, perhaps you could put a folded up science fair poster in his left arm and call it "Late Entry."

joemail11

quality posts: 34 Private Messages joemail11
Re: Experimental Fail

All you people wanted ramyb to get rid of his turtles. Then he kills them for you, and is met only with opposition! The mixed messages here are frightening.

joemail11

quality posts: 34 Private Messages joemail11
jstjred wrote:First vote in quite a while. Hilarious! I wish hippies weren't such milquetoasts.

(Love to see this print elsewhere after the appropriate waiting period...shame too many nutties are afraid to laugh at a little humor.)

You want to know what kills birds? WIND TURBINES!

ochopika

Staff

Re: The Little Inventor

Love this one! Very illustrative and has a nice flow. The "I <3 Newton" on the shirt is cute as well. Hope it is science-fair-related enough to stay up!

dgshinkle

chumpmagic wrote:I did go back and review the fractal tree. It was far more different than I remember. I will admit that.

I think the thing that made the immediate connection was the floating stroke, the outline around the entire piece. The fact that its a stylized, swirly tree with a transition of colors, does have some influence, but adding the floating outline is what made it seem too close for comfort for me.... if that makes sense.

I get what you mean. I havent been around long enough to see the "ramyb effect". I was just glad to see a departure form the turtles.

dgshinkle

dgshinkle wrote:Thanks for the support. I still feel like Im trying to learn what the woot community likes while not sacrificer a scene of it being my work. I like things to tell a story. I wish I could get more critique even bad ones. It would help my improve my work either way.

O thanks for fixing my sig

tazfreeatlast

quality posts: 21 Private Messages tazfreeatlast
Re: [url=http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=51950]Young Bell

Watson looks a bit too young for a soul patch.
;-p

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 585 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

dgshinkle wrote:O thanks for fixing my sig

Yeah, sorry. Looks like it didn't hold. We've had problems in the past with spammers and now require a purchase before allowing images in the signature. Good thing is that it can be from any site (except deals).

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

amreli

quality posts: 8 Private Messages amreli
Re: Sky in a Jar

I think this is a neat illustration of the idea behind the experiment. And as I mentioned in another thread, I'm a sucker for rainbows.

comeauu

quality posts: 0 Private Messages comeauu
Re: [url=http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=51950]Young Bell

I really really like this picture you have drawn. You have clearly spent a lot of time on it and you have created something great!

however, I don't know if this is something that would be worn on a tshirt. this would win any normal art derby in a heartbeat, Best of luck in this one!

Jedigreedo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Jedigreedo

I'm glad to see this fell out of the fog, I can't see any humor in blatant depictions of animal cruelty.

Edit: Well, briefly out of the fog. At least it seems to be low enough in votes to not likely get printed.

Patricck wrote:Wait, you're a scientist? You draw cartoon turtles, squirrels, and penguins. Please do explain.

Maybe it's all part of a lengthy social experiment.

dylbrticus

quality posts: 1 Private Messages dylbrticus

Thanks for enjoyin it!

First time entry, and really first time playin around with GIMP. I hope it doesn't get rejected,but I suppose its a possibility. I'll keep hoping it does well, though =)

thewronggrape

quality posts: 49 Private Messages thewronggrape
Re: Edison Plays Dirty

It wasn't clear to me exactly what was going on until I studied it for a bit. Now I get that Edison snipped Tesla's cord, but what is that on the cut end? It looks like a wad of gum to me.

deadboy619

quality posts: 0 Private Messages deadboy619
Re: Transylvania Middle School Science Fair

Young Vincent Frankenstein Jr. just won his first science fair blue ribbons! But, it appears he may have used some of his father's notes on this project.

Let me know what you think. Thanks.

ochopika

Staff

Re: Anyone Out There? (resub)

My two voters, vote again please! I may or may not have OCD and had to fix the alien's right ear! That line was seriously out of place.

Oh don't tell me you haven't done that before!

Thanks for voting!

grypes

quality posts: 0 Private Messages grypes
Re: Smart Kid's Revenge!

Thanks for the positive comments. :-)

ReamusLQ

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ReamusLQ

I honestly don't see why people hate on ramy all the time. Yeah, the guy seems to like designs w/ turtles and other "cutsy" depictions, but the fact that his shirts repeatedly make it to the fog and often print says something about the people who buy shirt woots.

And even if you don't necessarily think his designs are incredibly creative or as imaginative as some other designs, the guy makes an attractive t-shirt. I can't tell you how many times I've been really disappointed by some of the shirts that have won. NOT because they are poor designs or ugly, but because they don't look good on a t-shirt. Things like designs of phoenixes and stuff like that makes crappy shirts. Even if they are very well illustrated, they look about as attractive printed on a shirt as Wolf shirts do (though the people who flame and troll him all the time probably really like wolf shirts).

I've purchased several woot shirts because I thought the design was beautiful or cool or whatever, but have been severely disappointed because they look crappy on a shirt. A poster or desktop background might be cool, but not to wear around.

I don't understand why people feel the need to always put down ramy's work and try to nit-pick every design and insist it gets rejected. So you don't like it. Apparently lots of other people do and would be willing to buy it, and that's all shirt.woot really cares about to be honest. Ramy has found his niche and he makes designs accordingly. You can't get mad at him for sticking to his style, because EVERY woot shirt designer has a style that you can spot almost immediately.

I think everyone needs to stop taking a Jatravartid t-shirt design so seriously and just chillax and stop flaming every design ramy makes. He wouldn't make them if people didn't like and buy his shirts.

Spiritgreen

quality posts: 217 Private Messages Spiritgreen
Re: Green Symphony

Lovely style. Great colors on the yellow tee, too.

^_^

Spiritgreen

quality posts: 217 Private Messages Spiritgreen
Re: 18XX SCIENCE FAIRE SHOWDOWN

I dig these bot designs. Really chunky and fun.

Good job, sir. :^)

stacypio

quality posts: 0 Private Messages stacypio
Re: How I know my cat is evil by Billy Pugsmith III

I like it, and it's a great idea, but the use of a photo even for paper will probably be rejected.

dgshinkle

thewronggrape wrote:It wasn't clear to me exactly what was going on until I studied it for a bit. Now I get that Edison snipped Tesla's cord, but what is that on the cut end? It looks like a wad of gum to me.

hmmm I see. It suppose to be sparks that are illuminated. I can see how it might be hard to tell... Sometimes when you get the joke you forget to look at it with fresh eyes. Thanks for the thought. Ill make sure to get a couple of guys in to look at my work next time to make sure the joke is clear.

mjc613

quality posts: 48 Private Messages mjc613
Re: Atomic Trouble

If you got rid of some of the text, and changed this to 6 colors, you probably still have a good chance.

PixelPants

quality posts: 68 Private Messages PixelPants
Re: Sky in a Jar

Boots kicking goals again (see what I did there). This works well as an image over and above the derby theme and apparently makes for an intriguing social commentary on drug and alcohol use. GMV

PixelPants

Re: The Color Solution

Great to see more colors than I ever dreamed using woot's six color limit. Those candy flavored chemicals sure look tasty walmazan. Surely one little sip couldn't hurt. +1

PixelPants

Re: My Pet Turtle Weighs 6 Balloons

Your turtle weighs 6 balloons, but my heart weighs a lot more while this sits out of the fog. A wonderfully bizarre image to grace a t-shirt Spiritgreen and your translucent red balloons deserve a prize of their own. +1

VonMonkey

quality posts: 3 Private Messages VonMonkey
Re: Green Symphony

This is a really nice and simple design, and gets the idea across perfectly- one of my favourites of the week

megsck

quality posts: 6 Private Messages megsck
stacypio wrote:I like it, and it's a great idea, but the use of a photo even for paper will probably be rejected.

if he took the photo himself then its allowed.

megsck

quality posts: 6 Private Messages megsck
Re: How I know my cat is evil by Billy Pugsmith III

you have a skill of drawing ugly and making it look good =) that was a compliment! =) i like this, it looks like the things i drew when i was younger. =)

VonMonkey

quality posts: 3 Private Messages VonMonkey
Re: The science of making friends.

This is really nicely done- and I love that the monster is wearing a turtleneck!

Barberella

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Barberella
Re: The Life Cycle of a CATerpillar

I hope this wins! I am ready to buy it now!!!