gwyn779

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gwyn779
ochopika wrote:Thank you! I'm glad to know that they change the layout a little for the ladies, now I don't have to resub it.

I could only expect such awesome helpfulness from the person who made caterpillars hilarious to me

I don't think you need to resub at this point. I also don't have tons of experience with how much they actually resize and/or adjust placement, but there's only so much they can do so it's just good to think about!

HeartlineTwist

quality posts: 1 Private Messages HeartlineTwist
paulandstacy wrote:Glad to know I'm not the only one who doesn't see the connection to a science fair here. Still can't figure out why this and a few others weren't pulled that are currently in the fog---waste of another week.

Glad to see some people are so concerned that they will post without reading the several posts on top of theirs that answer their concerns.

DianaSprinkle

quality posts: 129 Private Messages DianaSprinkle
gwyn779 wrote:I don't think you need to resub at this point. I also don't have tons of experience with how much they actually resize and/or adjust placement, but there's only so much they can do so it's just good to think about!

Judging from the dimensions they display at the bottom of the write up for the shirts they print they tend to like the guy design size to be 12-13 inches wide and the girl to be about 9 inches wide. That way they don't have to resize a 3rd time for the kids sizes... Which they will do if the girl shirt design that happens to be too tall to fit on those shirts. I'm not sure how tall it has to be to get shrunk a second time but I think this design would only get shrunk once for the girl shirt.

This is not set in stone but it seems to be a common print size they like for their shirts. Hope this is some help.

ochopika

quality posts: 28 Private Messages ochopika

Staff

gwyn779 wrote:I don't think you need to resub at this point. I also don't have tons of experience with how much they actually resize and/or adjust placement, but there's only so much they can do so it's just good to think about!

Yea I will take it more into consideration next time, I could also use the t-shirt model-lady template that I found. Though she doesn't have the same proportions as a more voluptuous woman.

jasneko

quality posts: 30 Private Messages jasneko
Re: Just Add Love (Version 2)

Thanks Lish64, amreli and wpegden!

Vote!

holothuria

quality posts: 4 Private Messages holothuria

The thing I don't like about this one is that the animal cruelty is the joke. Spiritgreen's balloon turtle is situationally funny; you tell somebody that the derby theme was "science fair," and the pay-off is a turtle floating through the clouds. This is just a girl wantonly killing animals to make them change colors.

Bad ideas free; brilliant ideas by derangement.

CVBrennan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages CVBrennan
Re: 18XX SCIENCE FAIRE SHOWDOWN

I like this one a lot! I don't care for the white speech bubble. I think it over powers the dull tones of the beautiful artwork. Great job! +1

CVBrennan

Re: Minor Modifications

This is my favorite so far just artistically. It's an old theme but well executed. And bottom-line... I'd wear it.

amreli

quality posts: 8 Private Messages amreli

xzander - Thanks!

blinddog3d wrote:Very vectorially pleasing. I like the distress to th lines. Very well done, this is design! FAI would be proud.

We'll see how it fairs with th comedy. Cute kicks major arse, here.

Thank you! Yeah, I know how well cute/comedy does, I'm just not that good at it. Or at the very least, it's not the kind of design I enjoy working on as much and since this is entirely a hobby that I have to squeeze in (hence the relatively late submission), I'm more likely to focus on pretty.

JRSly

quality posts: 0 Private Messages JRSly
Re: Fire=BAD!

I think the comp came out looking pretty hideous, I'm still a doofus when it comes to putting together good images for the derby.

As I finalized everything, I started not feeling too great about how it came out but all the same...I'd prefer everyone had a chance to see some of the details that got lost in the comp.

Here's a link to a high-res image. Thanks for looking!

CVBrennan

[quote="AlexIAm"]I like the idea of this, I just wish the planets/sun were in order... that's a deal breaker for me[/quote]

Mercury, Venus, Earth, Mars, Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus, Neptune, Pluto... which ones not right?

[quote="BambooDrew"]This shirt involves science but not a science fair. In a project you would actually be testing for something. Making a model of the solar system isn't considered an experiment.[/quote]

Perhaps he is testing the rate of gravity on differently weighted objects.

theawesome

quality posts: 0 Private Messages theawesome

If this were to glow in the dark I would probably buy 7 of them. Because that would be super-mega-awesome.

studio1172

quality posts: 0 Private Messages studio1172
Re: Spectrum

I hate tree designs. Seriously guys knock it off. Trees killed my uncles brothers cousin twice removed.

tedgellar

quality posts: 1 Private Messages tedgellar

By far the best entry.

montel911

quality posts: 0 Private Messages montel911
heartflux wrote:Dude, I totally just learned something today!

same here!

jasneko

quality posts: 30 Private Messages jasneko
Re: The Life Cycle of a CATerpillar

This is really great! The design took me by surprise when I clicked on the thumbnail...a good surprise! My favorite is Day 14 - the fatty curled on the couch CATerpiller:D

Vote!

xjacekx

quality posts: 1 Private Messages xjacekx

Haha this is awesome I really hope it wins! GMV, first shirt I have been excited about in a while!

theicyone

quality posts: 0 Private Messages theicyone
Re: Experimental Fail

Looks like a kid watched way to much Ninja Turtles right before their science fair.

Is the debate going on that this couldn't happen? Seems like a humorous story one might hear about, well.. minus the turtle death.

As a person who calls turtles his favorite animals I can see the problem with dead turtles, but it's a shirt.. to my knowledge no turtles were harmed in the making.

DarkRaven44

quality posts: 1 Private Messages DarkRaven44
bluejester wrote:Until several people pointed it out, I hadn't really realized the placement for a second. It would make women's boobs look boxey and squarish.

Wait...you mean to tell me they don't look like that normally??

DarkRaven44

quality posts: 1 Private Messages DarkRaven44
be10der2me wrote:Obviously there are "people" here with no sense of humor and have never seen frog in a blender!
I love this one!
GMV!

Haha I loved that thing my dad was the one who showed it to me when I was in middle school and then we found gerbil in the microwave boy did he have a mouth on him

CrystallineX

quality posts: 17 Private Messages CrystallineX
Re: Experimental Fail

I don't think the weapons are large enough for people to recognize it directly as a ninja turtles reference.

CrystallineX

Re: SOS ants

This made me chuckle. Hee hee.

CrystallineX

Very witty! I especially like the Caterzilla panel.

The only thing that I hesitate about on this is though the title makes it obvious, the shirt itself doesn't have the uppercase letters like the title does.

davesartcompany

quality posts: 0 Private Messages davesartcompany
Re: Forces that rotate and balance our universe!

Gilbert has his theory on what force keeps our universe rotating and balanced. He is now looking for an alien that can ride a unicycle!
To complete his science fair project!

sefania

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sefania
Re: guts!

Love this. Just can't stop smiling.

anidi79

quality posts: 0 Private Messages anidi79
mhlyle wrote:We've had our Chilean Rose Hair for ten years. She must be getting on in years, as she was an adult when we bought her. She had to have been wild-caught when she was sold to the pet store, as she laid eggs a few weeks after we brought her home, resulting in 300 babies. I gave a few of them away to colleagues, and then located some breeders and collectors in central California who were happy to have fresh breeding stock.

Well that just sounds awesome! I had a usambra baboon spider do that as well... Babies everywhere! LOL The rose hairs can live up to around 20 years. You must be taking really good care of her!

Thanks for the vote!

anidi79

quality posts: 0 Private Messages anidi79
Re: [url=http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=51950]Young Bell

LOVE!!! <3
Great job!! Just absolutely beautiful.

cakeninjak

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cakeninjak
Re: The Prince Charming Theorem

At first I thought the freckles were 5'oclock shadow, which only made the shirt even funnier. Definitely a great design.

be10der2me

quality posts: 0 Private Messages be10der2me
ThunderThighs wrote:I disagree. Critiques can be honest and also presented such they are not insulting or attacks upon the artist. The place to start is to focus on the art and not the artist.

I disagree with your pov.
Sometimes you see a TRUE artist falling off their way into the bRAMYBles and you feel compelled to reach out and save them.
I love MR's art but lately I have seen a desperation that resorts to pandering. This concerns me.
Stay true to yourself MR, always.

jcmaziu

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jcmaziu
VonMonkey wrote:This is really nicely done- and I love that the monster is wearing a turtleneck!

Thanks dude... but it going so bad

be10der2me

quality posts: 0 Private Messages be10der2me

Cute cartoon but not wearable, I'll have to pass on this one!

rainbowconfetti

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rainbowconfetti
IgnatiusRiley wrote:So drawing a cartoonish picture of dead turtles equals inflicting actual harm on real animals. Got it.

And crappy police forensics programs give us insights into the human psyche that are applicable to real life.

Hahahahaha- excellent point!

cherylfrancis

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cherylfrancis

walmazan

quality posts: 64 Private Messages walmazan
Re: The Prince Charming Theorem

Come on! Return to the frog of war !

duh!

taternuggets

quality posts: 22 Private Messages taternuggets
dgshinkle wrote:Very nicely done. Breaking out of your norm produces stunning work. it get my Vote.

If only you could vote.

Nothing follows.

tigerfiend

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tigerfiend
Re: Bonsai for all Seasons

Magnificent! This shirt's really clever.

zyzzvazi

quality posts: 0 Private Messages zyzzvazi
swammi1203 wrote:Considering the fact that Pluto was demoted in 2006, I struggle to see how this idea would still be relevant at a science fair. Assuming a middle school or lower science fair, most of the children would be too young to even take notice of Pluto's demotion. If this shirt was put out 5 years ago, it would have been deemed commonplace, but submitting it now makes it outdated.

When I was in middle school, our science textbooks were at least five years old, and that makes the shirt more plausible. A kid picks up an older book and makes his science fair project from it. He gets to school and someone makes fun of him for having Pluto on it, so he cuts it off. Plus, the people on this site aren't too young to notice Pluto's demotion.

tigerfiend

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tigerfiend

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

normadelc

quality posts: 2 Private Messages normadelc
Gally242 wrote:I so want a kittenpiller! I suppose this shirt will have to be enough though.

My favorite day is 14! It is impressive that it can make all its legs vanish when it has so many.

I think that's referred to as "meatloaf mode". At least the kittenpillar doesn't shed, I think....

hapy2beme

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hapy2beme
gricomet wrote:I like the color of this shirt, the graphics work well and make it a pleasant overall design.

Thank you. I've only entered a couple of derby's and appreciate your comment. Have a great day.