frik

quality posts: 1 Private Messages frik
ramyb wrote:thanks

As for it not being middle school material, I have never heard of teachers screening science fair projects before they are done. When I was in school, it was a surprise what your project was until the day you presented. This would obviously not fly from the perspective of a teacher, but for a student trying it and thinking it might work, this could totally happen. If we are looking at the end result and saying that's the reason it is not science fair material, then most of the fogged entries (which have already been defended by tgentry) should also be rejected for the same reason.

Then you are just making stuff up. Our science fair was a lot more involving than "Hey kids, just show up with what you think is Science."

It involved an entire process of getting your project approved, filling out your Scientific Method plan, creating progress reports, etc.

I'd never expect this to even get past the approval process.

No. Yes.

paigeg

quality posts: 7 Private Messages paigeg
Re: Spectrum

I try to keep my mouth shut in ramyb threads for the most part but - really? This is so reminscent of the Floyd cover design it got my hackles up. That's an iconic image, still large in the public mind. Bad job, really.

frik

quality posts: 1 Private Messages frik
paigeg wrote:I try to keep my mouth shut in ramyb threads for the most part but - really? This is so reminscent of the Floyd cover design it got my hackles up. That's an iconic image, still large in the public mind. Bad job, really.

Yeah, but he's going to stand to sell a lot of shirts, isn't that what it is all about?

No. Yes.

maesk

quality posts: 0 Private Messages maesk

All of you rambling on about how many colors on the shirt may be missing the experiment involved. It's not about the number of colors, but the growth of the plant under a certain color.

On a side note, I really enjoy this design and appreciate the research put into it.

ArdillaCiega

quality posts: 7 Private Messages ArdillaCiega
djtheatre wrote:I don't think so. It's just a picture of a cup of dirt. Yes it's in reference to one of his jokes... but it's still just an image.

I was only asking because I though that he sold a similar shirt on his web site. I don't see it there any more, but if you want a laptop skin ...
http://brianregan.shop.musictoday.com/Product.aspx?cp=781_41440&pc=3BAM29

Anyway... Take Luck!!

THE BIG YELLOW ONE'S THE SUN!!

Even a blind squirrel is right twice a day.

Jeus

quality posts: 36 Private Messages Jeus
jthurley wrote:Uhm, those are all fixed pulleys, the rope would be pulling him upwards with 1 ton of force. If he's going to actually get any advantage, he needs movable ones in the system somewhere. Nice idea, but not science geek worthy execution.

That seems like an odd complaint when looking at some of the other entries, mine included.

Proudly tracking via WootStalker.com                                                                                                   (8:11 AM, 7/9/2010) Jeus framed the first letter of its kind

dragonvt

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dragonvt

To all the wonderful human beings complaining about this "not being middle school material" I don't remember any androids, frankenstein's monsters, or deadly robots at my science fair either. These shirts are supposed to be creative and fun, if you don't like it don't vote for it. To the middle age soccer moms that are terrified that this might be animal cruelty, or too much for little Timmy's young mind to handle, I would like to remind you that its a T-SHIRT! If you don't think you or your kid can handle the sight of dead cartoon turtles, just don't buy the shirt.

megadog

quality posts: 0 Private Messages megadog
paigeg wrote:I try to keep my mouth shut in ramyb threads for the most part but - really? This is so reminscent of the Floyd cover design it got my hackles up. That's an iconic image, still large in the public mind. Bad job, really.

Like I said in a previous post
'Dark side of the Moon' time again

dragonvt

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dragonvt
Biffo wrote:How is cruelty to animals funny?

Wow, another one. IT'S A SHIRT!!!!! No one is suggesting that anyone actually fly a turtle. If you think that this shirt would make someone in your life go out and trap a turtle, then try to fly it with balloons, maybe you should have a talk with him about the difference between reality and fantasy.

zoppashotgun

quality posts: 0 Private Messages zoppashotgun
Re: Experimental Fail

I loves it. Forget the haters lol....

cdrewlow

quality posts: 8 Private Messages cdrewlow
renovatioxii wrote:Pure logic. I like it!

Thank you!

awcoburn

quality posts: 0 Private Messages awcoburn
walmazan wrote:Come on! Return to the frog of war !

duh!

Yes, please. This is too good to not win. I love it!

Assassin15

quality posts: 161 Private Messages Assassin15
Johndis5 wrote:I posted this comment on another shirt, but I think it applies here as well.

"I hope Monday brings some sweeping rejections, because it's starting to seem like an "anything remotely related to science" derby and not "middle school science fair"."

Well that's what happened to the "Scientific Method" derby too if I remember correctly.

PULL UP YOUR SKIRT, WE'RE ON A MISSION/
WE NEED A HERO, NOT A POLITICIAN - "Panhammer" by Phinehas

crapface

quality posts: 3 Private Messages crapface
Re: In Harmony

Holy crap, I want this so bad. I'm an engineer and I perform vibration-based machinery diagnostics for a living. The level of WANT is so high, I'm taking back all votes on other shirts in this derby.

cdrewlow

quality posts: 8 Private Messages cdrewlow
Re: SUPERNERDS!

I love the muted colors and I think Magnet Lad and Iron Boy look cool, but I'm confused by Spider-Nerd's arms. Why are the so long?
Sorry if I'm missing something obvious.

mawkish

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mawkish

If a middle schooler ever did this experiment they would likely be put into a special education program. I think even if a 3rd grader were to do this I would question whether they were dropped on their head as a kid.
And if a kid were to do this experiment, they would probably get bullied and ridiculed similar to what Ramyb is currently experiencing.
Middle school is basically just like high school with lower expectations, it is not like elementary school where anything goes and everyone wins.

gryphoncreation

quality posts: 1 Private Messages gryphoncreation
Re: Plasma Ball

what science fair would be compleate without a plasma ball

golos

quality posts: 0 Private Messages golos
Re: Bunny Balloon Lungs

So that is the thumping in my chest after a good jog.

midgerock

quality posts: 6 Private Messages midgerock
Re: [url=http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=51950]Young Bell

this really quite amazing, Kasey! As darkxxx mentioned I really love your designed and amzed at the range of work you submit. pretty frickin' awesome in my book. I think why this design isn't doing as well as it should the ever present dislike of creme colored shirts but I think its fitting for this design and can't really imagine it on any other color. gmv.

citizencoyote

quality posts: 42 Private Messages citizencoyote
Re: Fire=BAD!

It's a little dark sadly, but I love the overall idea.

midgerock

Re: (Science) - (Fiction) =

really stunning design as always patrick. I do have to agree that the theme isn't exactly clear however but so are number of other submissions this week with such bizarre ambigious theme to work with. gmv none the less.

midgerock

Re: The Life Cycle of a CATerpillar

this a very cute and funny shirt, Diana! really wearable. love the colors and the kids style chosen for your drawings!!! gmv

walmazan

quality posts: 62 Private Messages walmazan
Re: Happier Times

This is so good!

I love the idea!

anidi79

quality posts: 0 Private Messages anidi79
pmccall wrote:My take on the primary colors science fair style. This took me a lot longer than I expected but I got a lot of practice with hafltones in the process...

Great job!! You did amazing at showing the magic of primary colors at work!

sTyLeS

quality posts: 9 Private Messages sTyLeS
k8edid3 wrote:ha! awesome! i think you should test out this theory and report back! i think it could work.

Thanks, k8edid3.
Although I don't think I want to invest in 500 pounds of potatoes to try it out.

theseize

quality posts: 1 Private Messages theseize
ochopika wrote:Yea I will take it more into consideration next time, I could also use the t-shirt model-lady template that I found. Though she doesn't have the same proportions as a more voluptuous woman.

Boobs are such a problem. :/ I have this problem.

PixelPotato

quality posts: 0 Private Messages PixelPotato

johnfactorial

quality posts: 0 Private Messages johnfactorial
Re: Science Class

I want this shirt so bad.

djtheatre

quality posts: 0 Private Messages djtheatre

[quote]Re: Just put an F on there and let me go home

Hey everyone! thanks for all the fun support so far. I'm glad this shirt makes people laugh. Cup of Dirt has always been one of my favorite jokes. Keep voting and spreading the word. Thanks!

amreli

quality posts: 8 Private Messages amreli
crapface wrote:Holy crap, I want this so bad. I'm an engineer and I perform vibration-based machinery diagnostics for a living. The level of WANT is so high, I'm taking back all votes on other shirts in this derby.

Oh, thanks! I hope you get to buy it, too. :D

uniique

quality posts: 2 Private Messages uniique
Re: Prism Light Insight

Before the rejectinator hammer boings, I'd like to recognize the jar spilling blue sky, clouds and rainbows. Awesome, but pretty abstract. Here is a prism spilling light, combined with the wandering imagination of a boy who'd rather be anywhere else than a science fair. I hope you like it.
BIG VERSION HERE.

amreli

quality posts: 8 Private Messages amreli
theseize wrote:Boobs are such a problem. :/ I have this problem.

I have the same problem. Like anything, they're good in moderation...

gryphoncreation

quality posts: 1 Private Messages gryphoncreation
hankescu wrote:Love the idea but artwork is too crude

if you are refering to the paint splotches on foam "planets" I was trying to place spots and things, that a kid might do on a pumkpin, or other artwork of younger kids. 90% of the hand crafted things at a science fair aren't artistically finesse, and I was trying to capture that a bit.

odysseyroc

quality posts: 32 Private Messages odysseyroc

Great design. I really like the layout

walmazan

quality posts: 62 Private Messages walmazan

looks awesome! +1

midgerock

cdrewlow wrote:I love the muted colors and I think Magnet Lad and Iron Boy look cool, but I'm confused by Spider-Nerd's arms. Why are the so long?
Sorry if I'm missing something obvious.

just poor posture and lanky. that's all. Thanks for comment and feedback.

VonMonkey

quality posts: 3 Private Messages VonMonkey
Re: Bonsai for all Seasons

Thankyou for your lovely comments, and for all those who've voted- You're all rather splendid!

chiyonotomo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages chiyonotomo

Biology teachers, REJOICE!

VonMonkey

quality posts: 3 Private Messages VonMonkey

Wow! It's a shame this is submitted so late, because it's awesome- I really love the style!

chiyonotomo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages chiyonotomo

Sometimes, this is how I feel when I look at those mall maps :T

Adore this shirt. GMV!