thatrobert

quality posts: 26 Private Messages thatrobert
Re: The effect of music on plantlife

aswati wrote:Good execution of the concept. It was easy to understand the experiment!

Thanks aswati.

cdrewlow wrote:I've always felt Kenny G. was killing jazz. I didn't realize he was killing plants, too.

In this case, I think the plant is killing Kenny...

DianaSprinkle

quality posts: 112 Private Messages DianaSprinkle
Re: The Life Cycle of a CATerpillar

Thanks everyone for all the nice comments and the votes on this design! I was really surprised that this one is doing so well. A couple of my friends thought this might be too complicated an idea but I'm glad to see it get so much support.

@ekio, aswati, walmazan, kahly, chumpmagic, catspawvp - LOL thank you so much.

@eflorcenceanderson - Oh I didn't even think of the hungry caterpillar but yeah it totally works. I'm glad you clicked on the thumbnail!

@Spiritgreen - Oh man the colors were a pain. I really could have used one more color for this.

@Gally242 - Form of a Loaf! I think my favorite is the very first day.

@amreli - Couch is full.

@Barberella - Me too! I'm crossing my fingers. This has been a rather high voted derby so there's no way to tell.

@ochopika - HA HA HA HA.

Lish64

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Lish64
creativehack wrote:This brings back memories of chocolate!
They used this to advertise Cadbury

mmm chocolate

Hmm, I didn't know that. I tried looking on youtube, I didn't see that one but there were others that were quite funny.

Reawen wrote:Ha, that's clever - classic experiment!

Thanks!

tmorel

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tmorel

I wonder what the TopGear presenters would have to say about this!!! Anyway, it's a shame the TShirts don't have images on the back, you could have the same car after it's been in a massive wreck and the bystanders are all eating freshly made frenchfries...

rabidtriangle

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rabidtriangle
k8edid3 wrote:i like this idea a lot. however, i have an issue with the drawing of the arm that has been cut off for the starfish. a second starfish will not be generated since the arm cut off did not include part of the central disk.

That's the only reason I wouldn't wear it.

eggspaghet

quality posts: 0 Private Messages eggspaghet
dreadwood wrote:Meh.

dude.... its SOOOObad... please re submit with a better one

cdrewlow

quality posts: 9 Private Messages cdrewlow
thatrobert wrote:In this case, I think the plant is killing Kenny...

That makes your shirt even better.

kavehastaneh

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kavehastaneh
Re: Experimental Fail

its a shirt! lol, what a thread! i have an idea.. if you do not like the shirt, how about not voting for it? its not whether the shirt is about killing turtles, its about whether it resonates with you for whatever reason enough to get a vote.... or not.

loubriccant

quality posts: 2 Private Messages loubriccant

I love how RAMYB takes the high road! You just know that has the haters, hating him more than their anger management classes!

GMV!

rabidtriangle

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rabidtriangle
Re: Boron is the Fifth

Ah, I love this! I would buy several because my entire family adores this movie.

amreli

quality posts: 8 Private Messages amreli
MasterWolf wrote:Beautiful. I want it!

Thank you!

amreli

quality posts: 8 Private Messages amreli
MasterWolf wrote:Beautiful. I want it!

Ack, double post!

sTyLeS

quality posts: 9 Private Messages sTyLeS
Re: Fuel Your Hunger

You say either, and I say either.
You like potato, and I like...uh, pickles.
Let's call the whole thing off.

mretrane

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mretrane
Re: Charlie bit me

Fair enough. It was pushing it Next time...

sethkv

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sethkv
Johndis5 wrote:I don't think this should ruffle your feathers. They are just cartoons, they don't have feelings or souls.

Now please excuse me, there is a puppy trouncing around my front yard that's just begging to be kicked.

Oh noes!!! Please stop!!

Crap, I was too late, wasn't I? You really kicked the puppy. You are a horrible person.

crapface

quality posts: 3 Private Messages crapface
Re: In Harmony

Congrats on making the fog!

mixmastabeef

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mixmastabeef

wait...

yankeebird

quality posts: 7 Private Messages yankeebird

I really like the username "HansonMcCrotch". I also like the filter that says Squid Nipplist.

grrlmarvel

quality posts: 12 Private Messages grrlmarvel
VonMonkey wrote:Thankyou for your lovely comments, and for all those who've voted- You're all rather splendid!

Thank you for providing a close up of the piece. I loved it at first glance, but really am digging the texture on this. Very wearable, I would happily buy this one. GMV.

bluetuba

quality posts: 58 Private Messages bluetuba
Re: It Wasn't a Potato!

This is wonderfully disturbing!

"You can't just dress a Minion like Spock, and add a caption that says "Logical Me". There's a prison for people like that. Below my house."

mawkish

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mawkish

I am definitely seeing more than 6 colors here, too.

Salinga

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Salinga
Re: guts!

I don't know if I could actually wear it, but it has my vote. The guts are adorable!

They also kind of remind me of these plushies!
http://iheartguts.com/shop/index.php?cPath=8&main_page=index

bluetuba

quality posts: 58 Private Messages bluetuba
Re: Sky in a Jar

If this prints I'd love to get a couple for my little nieces to wear. It's very pretty and maybe I can trick them into liking science!

"You can't just dress a Minion like Spock, and add a caption that says "Logical Me". There's a prison for people like that. Below my house."

blk909

quality posts: 0 Private Messages blk909
Re: Bonsai for all Seasons

Hydroponic bonsai - very nifty!

shellwithonel

quality posts: 0 Private Messages shellwithonel
Re: And Off It Goes

this looks kinda phallic in the preview.

k8edid3

quality posts: 2 Private Messages k8edid3

mawkish wrote:I am definitely seeing more than 6 colors here, too.

i think you're correct. this is a navy shirt, not black, right? if so, then colors used are as follows:

black
white
grey
light green
dark green
bright green
blue

nemesis7

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nemesis7
k8edid3 wrote:i think you're correct. this is a navy shirt, not black, right? if so, then colors used are as follows:

black
white
grey
light green
dark green
bright green
blue

i think you are correct regardless of the color of the shirt
white
grey
light green -turtle head and legs
dark green - turtle shell
bright green - detergent
blue - halftones
different green on detergent bottle

k8edid3

quality posts: 2 Private Messages k8edid3
nemesis7 wrote:i think you are correct regardless of the color of the shirt
white
grey
light green -turtle head and legs
dark green - turtle shell
bright green - detergent
blue - halftones
different green on detergent bottle

true. i also just realized that scyndan listed these ealier. i did miss the different green on the detergent bottle. that definitely isn't the same as the other 3 greens used. so, why hasn't this been rejected yet? if we're wrong, ramy, can you please give us a list of your colors? thanks.

triatomico

quality posts: 0 Private Messages triatomico
dreamwootseeker wrote:I really feel it's time for woot to change it's character. It's become a pretense now - derbies with rules that are poorly (or sometimes not at all) enforced, the same things winning over and over, and clever/artistic designs losing out to pandering. Time to drop the act, woot. Be proud of becoming a sell out.

Wake up. This ain't the Louvre. It's an Internet business that sells tee shirts with drawings on them.

scyndan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages scyndan
k8edid3 wrote:true. i also just realized that scyndan listed these ealier. i did miss the different green on the detergent bottle. that definitely isn't the same as the other 3 greens used. so, why hasn't this been rejected yet? if we're wrong, ramy, can you please give us a list of your colors? thanks.

Yeah.

I think the black we're potentially seeing is just an artifact created by the way jpegs "blur" things when they create the image. But the detergent label is definitely a different color. Even if that's a mistake, it's unfair to misrepresent the shirt in the comp.

toastedsheep

quality posts: 0 Private Messages toastedsheep
Re: The RYB color model

There is a part of me that says, "Ooh, devious little girl! For shame!" That being said however, I like the dark humor. It is an incredibly creative (though probably more destructive) design. I would like to see this shirt back up in the fog where it belongs.

GMV!

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 563 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

vaiv wrote:Hey everyone,

I Have been a fan of the site for such a ong time and barely decided to give a entry a go. Here is a simple terrarium or minature ecosystem contained in a 3 litre bottle. However after the inhabitants created a giant robot to help them escape from their confines things go terribly wrong.

This is a premilimary pencil and ink rough..should have the final version done in a day or two..Everything is confined in the soda bottle with a slightly lower than center placement..I would appreciate any feedback..Tanks everyone ..ALSO didnt realize i should post this here instead of the other thread

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Wow, that looks to be a beautiful piece. I'm afraid that your entry might be too late to garner many votes though as all entries must be in by Wednesday at noon with voting continuing through Thursday noon (CST).

The new derby topic will be posted on the derby page at noon on Thursday. That is a good time to get a jump on a design for the next derby. The earlier you can get your entry in, the more time it has to get votes. There will also be a thread to discuss the derby at that time (linked on the derby page as well). Quite a few of the regulars will post their sketches for comments by others. Feel free to take part in that as well.

Here are a couple links to get you started. The designers here are great about helping out a newcomer. It can be a bit trying to get that first design uploaded from what I hear.

Shirt.Woot FAQ

Submission page with another FAQ and the official shirt templates

A recently created thread filling with tips for newcomers

There are some other good threads around with hints and tips. Hopefully one of the designers will pop in here later with some more links.

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• YOU MUST CONTACT CS. Do not post in the forum for help.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy[/b] ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

thewayisshut

quality posts: 0 Private Messages thewayisshut
Re: Prism Light Insight

See, now this is how you design a prism shirt. This is beautiful and artistic, which means it probably won't be printed... but if it does, I will buy it.

MachineAmbition

quality posts: 0 Private Messages MachineAmbition
Re: The RYB color model

I think if the girl was sad because her experiment failed and she didn't mean to kill the animals, I would be more okay with it. Even if there was blood everywhere and she was crying, I would prefer it because she wouldn't be smiling happily as she tortures living things.

Of course the animals are fictional. Maybe it could be like a sitcom. But I also think most sitcoms are full of crap - crap that influences the way people think regardless of how it's intended.

MachineAmbition

quality posts: 0 Private Messages MachineAmbition

Also, in reality, egg hatcheries either grind up male chicks while they are still alive or just throw them into plastic bags to suffocate because they aren't profitable. The only thing that is fantasy in this shirt is that it's done by a kid at a science fair.

jab991

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jab991
Re: guts!

Those are the happiest guts I've ever seen! You've got my vote.

jab991

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jab991

Normally I'm a big ramyb fan, but I have to jump on board with everyone who disapproves of this shirt.

First off, and it may just be my eyes or my computer, but are those graphics microscopic? I have no idea what the label on the bottle says, and I doubt someone else would be able to read it unless they were literally less than a foot in front of me.

Secondly, until I got the TMNT reference, I just thought this was in bad taste... and I'm a fairly big Ninja Turtle fan. Most people, I fear, aren't going to get the joke, and I don't want to walk around with a shirt whose focus is adorable, but dead, turtles.

100indecisions

quality posts: 0 Private Messages 100indecisions
Re: [url=http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=51851]Just put an

OH MY GOD YES. I WILL BUY THIS SO FAST IF IT GETS PRINTED. My friend and I watch Brian Regan skits all the time, and this is one of our favorites.

(Merge, everybody, merge! I'm only imploding!)

dreadwood

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dreadwood
Re: It Wasn't a Potato!

Haha this is way cool. +1

vaiv

quality posts: 0 Private Messages vaiv

Ty ThunderThighs for the adive..ill make sure to jump on the next one alot faster.