+ Add a Comment

JenXer74

quality posts: 0 Private Messages JenXer74
Re: Smart Kid's Revenge!

Nice one! I love the inclusion of two of the "standard" experiments- especially the volcano being left to run all over the floor.

walmazan

quality posts: 62 Private Messages walmazan
Re: extinction theory

Voted!

qwasdfz

quality posts: 4 Private Messages qwasdfz
Re: Minor Modifications

Nice ramyb i actually really like this shirt! I may even buy! Congratulations on changing my opinion, taking criticism well and giving me back my childhood.

wanderlane

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wanderlane
Re: When Life Gives You Lemons, Make Science

So you know one of the classic science fair projects involves hooking a lemon up to a light bulb, and then there's that whole thing where an idea is represented by a light bulb, and... yeah. Mindblowing.

jasneko

quality posts: 30 Private Messages jasneko
Re: Just Add Love (Version 2)

Resub of the design thanks to some layout suggestions by ParrotWorks... the suggestion was great, thanks! Hopefully this will catch up to the original - please vote again!

Vote!

gina1221

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gina1221
Re: Eeee! My Science Fair Experiment.

Bummer! I really liked this one!

grrlmarvel

quality posts: 12 Private Messages grrlmarvel
Re: The Prince Charming Theorem

You're on fire this week. Hat(or sombrero) off to you sir.

Darquis

quality posts: 27 Private Messages Darquis
ramyb wrote:saved

I definitely see it as something you might see in an elementary science fair...but more one that was like, what, five years ago?

Plus we just had Clyde's planet design reckon (and I still want solar system goddamnit) so I can't really vote for this one. Sorry

parrotworks

quality posts: 16 Private Messages parrotworks

Got my vote ;)

ramyb

quality posts: 20 Private Messages ramyb
Re: Experimental Fail

I'm extremely confused by the initial rejection, and especially by the defense of other designs in the fog, but here is this design again. I thought that the concept was extremely clear the first time, but now I changed the bottle and specifically labeled it as detergent with bleach so there can be no question about what is going on in this design. I am also a little bit offended as a scientist that anyone would think this is a higher level experiment. We don't just dump chemicals on animals. This was clearly done with negligence and with no scientific method involved whatsoever, which is exactly what I would expect to see from the majority of students in a middle school science fair.

Thanks to everyone who commented and voted the first time around, hopefully you still like the design.

JenXer74

Re: My Pet Turtle Weighs 6 Balloons

Beautiful work! (And thus, I cancel out my own shirt by voting for yours.) :D

sefjwm

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sefjwm

Reminds me of Deadfrog's old take on it.

Can't remember if he ever submitted it as a shirt. Would be great for this week though.

sTyLeS

quality posts: 9 Private Messages sTyLeS
Re: Fuel Your Hunger

I wonder if this would actually work.
I read that if you boil the potatoes first that they'll produce 10x's as much energy. And you can aggregate the voltage by chaining a bunch of them together in series.
I did read a story about a guy who used 500 pounds of potatoes to power a stereo.
So lighting a pickle should be a snap.

blinddog3d

quality posts: 0 Private Messages blinddog3d

When I was in 6th Grade, I waited till the night before Science Fair to do something and I cried and cried because I wasn't gonna get finished by bedtime.

My father stayed up all night and made me a Volcano and Dino-rama (with dinosaurs and grass, and everything) so I could enter the Science fair and impress my Lady-Love, Gerri Simpson. She was so impressed and I got an B+.

This one's for my Dad, thanks pop!
brUno

ward7299

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ward7299
Re: Boron is the Fifth

pleee-azzzz.... halp....

blinddog3d

Re: Black Hole Mobile

Laughed out loud! Yeah, I spelled it out.

sTyLeS

ramyb wrote:I'm extremely confused by the initial rejection, and especially by the defense of other designs in the fog, but here is this design again. I thought that the concept was extremely clear the first time, but now I changed the bottle and specifically labeled it as detergent with bleach so there can be no question about what is going on in this design. I am also a little bit offended as a scientist that anyone would think this is a higher level experiment. We don't just dump chemicals on animals. This was clearly done with negligence and with no scientific method involved whatsoever, which is exactly what I would expect to see from the majority of students in a middle school science fair.

Thanks to everyone who commented and voted the first time around, hopefully you still like the design.

You're offended?
Woot sure isn't the place for people to hang out who are easily offended.

ApeLad

quality posts: 37 Private Messages ApeLad
ward7299 wrote:pleee-azzzz.... halp....

Boron is the fifth element on the periodic table. The Fifth Element is a movie featuring people with wacky hairstyles and futuristic clothing looking for a rock. The fifth element in the film the Fifth Element is not Boron. But it should be.

sefjwm

I swear I've seen this before.

JenXer74

paigeg wrote:Howthehell did you manage to make entrails look cute???

Ha, I wondered the same. (Voted!)

ApeLad

profbrendan wrote:No lie, before I realized it was a Fifth Element reference, I thought they were stealing from Hitler.

On an unrelated note, I'm a big fan of your style! You've got very strong cartooning that definitely stands out on Woot.

Thank you! I appreciate that!
I think the resemblance in the film is intentional. At least that's what I've always assumed.

ciaranannrach

quality posts: 3 Private Messages ciaranannrach
ramyb wrote:I'm extremely confused by the initial rejection, and especially by the defense of other designs in the fog, but here is this design again. I thought that the concept was extremely clear the first time, but now I changed the bottle and specifically labeled it as detergent with bleach so there can be no question about what is going on in this design. I am also a little bit offended as a scientist that anyone would think this is a higher level experiment. We don't just dump chemicals on animals. This was clearly done with negligence and with no scientific method involved whatsoever, which is exactly what I would expect to see from the majority of students in a middle school science fair.

Something like this, which is obviously harmful to animals, would never fly in a middle school science fair. For one, most of the time the concept of the entry is screened by teachers, and another, parents are usually involved in some fashion. Neither would let something like this pass.

Nice design otherwise, but I agree that it's off topic and not middle-school-science-fair material.

advertisinggal

quality posts: 0 Private Messages advertisinggal

Hey, I say more power to you for being able to defend it. I got it the first time that it was a kid that *hoped* to have the turtles transform. I thought it was clever and something a middle school kid would try to enter into a science fair.

sefjwm

Chicken!

sTyLeS

ApeLad wrote:Boron is the fifth element on the periodic table. The Fifth Element is a movie featuring people with wacky hairstyles and futuristic clothing looking for a rock. The fifth element in the film the Fifth Element is not Boron. But it should be.

Yeah, I believe ward7299 was actually quoting Leeloo.

ramyb

sefjwm wrote:I swear I've seen this before.

If you think these shirts are similar then you missed the joke

clarinerd

quality posts: 2 Private Messages clarinerd

re-voted. I think I like this version best of all.

chumpmagic

quality posts: 9 Private Messages chumpmagic
Re: Experimental Fail

Blah blah blah epic begins blah blah

On a serious note, maybe they were as confused as I since no household product has that intense, glowing green. A dark green yes, but not a "neon green." That always relates to radioactive matter, poison or concoctive chemistry (advanced stuff) in the cartoony world since it has an abnormal color. That my view at I see it at least.

I think ever detergent I have used has been blue. Is there really a "glowing" green detergent. I would use it

nickthedino

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nickthedino
ciaranannrach wrote:Something like this, which is obviously harmful to animals, would never fly in a middle school science fair. For one, most of the time the concept of the entry is screened by teachers, and another, parents are usually involved in some fashion. Neither would let something like this pass.

Nice design otherwise, but I agree that it's off topic and not middle-school-science-fair material.

Because birds in a blender would obviously be okay in a middle school science fair. Come on.

Glad you resubmitted this!

ramyb

advertisinggal wrote:Hey, I say more power to you for being able to defend it. I got it the first time that it was a kid that *hoped* to have the turtles transform. I thought it was clever and something a middle school kid would try to enter into a science fair.

thanks

As for it not being middle school material, I have never heard of teachers screening science fair projects before they are done. When I was in school, it was a surprise what your project was until the day you presented. This would obviously not fly from the perspective of a teacher, but for a student trying it and thinking it might work, this could totally happen. If we are looking at the end result and saying that's the reason it is not science fair material, then most of the fogged entries (which have already been defended by tgentry) should also be rejected for the same reason.

omninull

quality posts: 0 Private Messages omninull
sefjwm wrote:I swear I've seen this before.

Yeah, it's a joke on that one. In this one instead of mutating, they die, like what would happen in reality.

Also, maybe you can put a 'disqualified' or 'rejected' sign on the experiment if woot doesn't agree with this submission.

ciaranannrach

quality posts: 3 Private Messages ciaranannrach
nickthedino wrote:Because birds in a blender would obviously be okay in a middle school science fair. Come on.

Glad you resubmitted this!

Don't put words in my mouth. I'm in no way saying that bird-blender shirt is ok and shouldn't be rejected either. In fact I'm somewhat surprised it hasn't been rejected.

bnrobertson2005

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bnrobertson2005
Re: fresh!

Its cute...I keep thinking he needs a mentos fan club cheering him on while wearing raincoats

sTyLeS

ramyb wrote:thanks

As for it not being middle school material, I have never heard of teachers screening science fair projects before they are done. When I was in school, it was a surprise what your project was until the day you presented. This would obviously not fly from the perspective of a teacher, but for a student trying it and thinking it might work, this could totally happen. If we are looking at the end result and saying that's the reason it is not science fair material, then most of the fogged entries (which have already been defended by tgentry) should also be rejected for the same reason.

I agree...they should be rejected as should this one. I'm glad we agree on this point.

ApeLad

sTyLeS wrote:Yeah, I believe ward7299 was actually quoting Leeloo.

Oh man, it's been too long since I've seen it. Sorry ward7299.

ramyb

sTyLeS wrote:I agree...they should be rejected as should this one. I'm glad we agree on this point.

The topic does not ask for an experiment as it is turned in and being judged. It asks for anything ranging from the idea all the way through to the actual fair itself. This is a failed experiment that a child tried in his quest to do an awesome science fair project. There is nothing even questionable to me about it being on topic.

sefjwm

Johndis5 wrote:It's about time someone did a "pluto is not a planet anymore" design. I'm surprised no one thought of it before!

Yeah I just looked and there are tons of pluto not a planet/solar system tshirts and art.

kahly

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kahly
Re: A Boy and his Hamsters!!

Whats more science than Hamsters Powering generators. Its endless energy I tell you!!

Leahbh

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Leahbh
ramyb wrote:thanks

the teachers approved projects in my school

blinddog3d

Re: When it Absolutely, positively has to be ther by9

Here's some detail shots so you can see what it really looks like,

Feddback is great, I'm trying to "Give you what you want, so I can get what I want." Mutrual Benefit is a win-win scenario!
Thanks
BlindDog brUno