scottiep1

quality posts: 1 Private Messages scottiep1

I'll be honest, the only reason I'm buying this shirt is because some Cracked article said a girl would be more inclined to have sex with me if I wore a red shirt.

junwagh

quality posts: 0 Private Messages junwagh

I want to get this shirt so badly, but I can see this color turning epic fail if it's the wrong orange. Can anyone help me decipher what color this is? I want to buy it if it's a softer dirtier orange, definelty not orange juice orange(I think orange juice is more yellow anyway)

thumperchick

quality posts: 244 Private Messages thumperchick

Based on the logic of this shirt, it should be sold out (and covered in syrup) by now!

alfbo

quality posts: 12 Private Messages alfbo
scottiep1 wrote:I'll be honest, the only reason I'm buying this shirt is because some Cracked article said a girl would be more inclined to have sex with me if I wore a red shirt.

Bad news, I'm afraid. This shirt is orange. Still might work if the girl is colorblind.

Imposter Pete was Unprepared for the Almost Human Nightmare Cuckoo Clock. The Walrus and Eggmen were the Height of Envy at the Monkey Bar. See the DJ spinning records on a Flora Phonograph while simultaneously playing Rock, Paper, Scissorhold.

smashbridges20

quality posts: 0 Private Messages smashbridges20
scottiep1 wrote:I'll be honest, the only reason I'm buying this shirt is because some Cracked article said a girl would be more inclined to have sex with me if I wore a red shirt.

then you'd still fail though, cuz the shirt is orange, not red.

CowBear

quality posts: 3 Private Messages CowBear

Not sure if I will get one or not. I prefer waffles.

jmmbell1987

quality posts: 78 Private Messages jmmbell1987

When was the last time all three derby prints cracked 1,000 votes?

Edit: Answered my own question: #170 Fall Colors.

BabyBear

quality posts: 18 Private Messages BabyBear

"Try our Hotcakes... The best thing since sliced bread!*

*Sorry, we're out of sliced bread, it sold like hotcakes!"

jmmbell1987

quality posts: 78 Private Messages jmmbell1987

This guy is no doubt a regular Lord Byron, then.

Regardless, even if the shirt was red, I'm not convinced that the flapjacks would not be the primary aphrodisiac. What human can resist 'em?

jimiyo

quality posts: 2 Private Messages jimiyo

Chuckle. I wonder if this shirt will sell enough to get the pancakez graphic?

maverickmila

quality posts: 3 Private Messages maverickmila
jmmbell1987 wrote:Regardless, even if the shirt was red, I'm not convinced that the flapjacks would not be the primary aphrodisiac. What human can resist 'em?

And by "flapjacks" you obviously mean "bacon."

iamnotasenator

quality posts: 0 Private Messages iamnotasenator

Great shirt, too bad I'm tapped out.

Spiritgreen

quality posts: 217 Private Messages Spiritgreen

Even the hotcakes kinda look like they want to eat hotcakes. Look out, lady!

Congrats Ski'!

VonMonkey

quality posts: 3 Private Messages VonMonkey

I have to say, I'm rather jealous of you Americans and your spangly diners serving pancakey (that's what hotcakes are, right?) goodness every morning; in Britain pancakes are pretty much a once-a-year kind of deal, which seems terribly unfair.

snang

quality posts: 3 Private Messages snang
renkenr wrote:Charlie Waffles.

Don't you mean carrots?

skirochester

quality posts: 4 Private Messages skirochester

Thanks everyone!!! And woot for the great theme. I had this one sketched for a while and was waiting for an excuse to make it. I'd say that this is the best thing since Sliced Bread, but you guys beat me to the punch (line).

mbk21

quality posts: 4 Private Messages mbk21
VonMonkey wrote:I have to say, I'm rather jealous of you Americans and your spangly diners serving pancakey (that's what hotcakes are, right?) goodness every morning; in Britain pancakes are pretty much a once-a-year kind of deal, which seems terribly unfair.

I'm sorry to hear this. On the other hand, Britain does get credit for giving the world Pink Floyd, Monty Python, and Douglas Adams (to name just a few), so try not to be too tough on her. And visit the States often, just for the pancakes and spangle.

dgdgagdae

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dgdgagdae

It's true. But what are the chances, of all the girls in the world, that you meet that one? And while you're wearing this shirt?

VonMonkey

quality posts: 3 Private Messages VonMonkey
mbk21 wrote:I'm sorry to hear this. On the other hand, Britain does get credit for giving the world Pink Floyd, Monty Python, and Douglas Adams (to name just a few), so try not to be too tough on her. And visit the States often, just for the pancakes and spangle.

Yes, perhaps I'm being a bit harsh on the old girl, she really does have her merits. If I could just stop over in the USA for breakfast, before returning to the land of dry humour (and a surfeit of extra "u"s) for the afternoon, that'd be perfect.

jkcom

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jkcom
sabru8 wrote:She said yes...

I wouldn't necessarily take her as the best judge. She also believes a fly in your Chardonnay is ironic.

I just call it gross.

walmazan

quality posts: 64 Private Messages walmazan

Wow! skirochester, congrats, This was my fav!, so happy for you!

I totally in for one!

ToasterP

quality posts: 4 Private Messages ToasterP

I love this shirt.

The clean graphics
The humor
The unusual shirt color
THE HOTCAKES!
but most of all I am really psyched because I bet that 5-6 years from now this shirt will be distressed in a very pleasing fashion; because remember those of us who actually work for a living don't need to by distressed or vintage cloths, we'll just make them our selves.

In for one, and another one at some point in the future, to help it on the reckoning.

Relay for Life 2011 Donate to fight cancer

doodahbtfcc13

quality posts: 20 Private Messages doodahbtfcc13

I heard that flapjacks are the devil's food!
Is that the same for hotcakes?

rcbryantii

quality posts: 1 Private Messages rcbryantii

Should include

Warning: wearing this shirt could lead to weight gain...not just yourself but others too.

junwagh

quality posts: 0 Private Messages junwagh
ToasterP wrote:I love this shirt.

The clean graphics
The humor
The unusual shirt color
THE HOTCAKES!
but most of all I am really psyched because I bet that 5-6 years from now this shirt will be distressed in a very pleasing fashion; because remember those of us who actually work for a living don't need to by distressed or vintage cloths, we'll just make them our selves.

In for one, and another one at some point in the future, to help it on the reckoning.

holy arrogant hipster

P1h3r1e3d13

quality posts: 0 Private Messages P1h3r1e3d13

When the Ford Mustang was released in 1964, it was an enormous sales success.

Supposedly, a diner near a Ford dealer put up on their marquee, “Our hotcakes sell like Mustangs!”

clepsydra

quality posts: 0 Private Messages clepsydra

This reminds me of a mcdonald's billboard:

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_GIchwvJ-aNk/TCf65ryCiBI/AAAAAAAASa4/ztFOcpdsrGU/s400/McDonalds+hotcakes+billboard.jpg

machinaprecis

quality posts: 0 Private Messages machinaprecis

Oh come on, has nobody seen this joke like 100 times before?

http://jasoninhollywood.blogspot.com/2010/06/cool-film-tv-and-fashion-billboards.html

renkenr

quality posts: 7 Private Messages renkenr

Until I receive my shirts, I shall not eat hotcakes.

Until I receive my shirts, I shall not eat waffles.

Until I receive my shirts, I.. awe, whatever. I'm going to IHOP in the morning! =D

renkenr

quality posts: 7 Private Messages renkenr
snang wrote:Don't you mean carrots?

Charlie Waffles

kendellb

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kendellb

Lovin' the orange!

chiyonotomo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages chiyonotomo

The only reason I didn't vote for or buy this shirt is because there are too many McDonald's billboards that pretty much say the same thing.

yankeebird

quality posts: 7 Private Messages yankeebird

Congrats Ski! I didn't pick this up yesterday because I figured I'd wait and use my coupon from the randoms as well as give you an extra $2 boost. I still regret not getting Sliced Bread, I'm not going to miss Hotcakes too!

ToasterP

quality posts: 4 Private Messages ToasterP

Got mine in yesterday, it is quite well printed. I do wish that the shirt color was more he burnt orange that was pictured rather than the day-glo that it is, but these are the risks of an orange shirt.

I'm going to go consult with costumers about possible techniques to soften the color. Anybody on here have any ideas?

Edit: Talked to my allies in the costume shop and the word is that washing it with some fabric dye will help tone the color down a little bit. Using brown would shift the shirt more into the burnt orange range(that I personally was expecting) or blue dye will gray down the orange a little to give it less pop. The temperature of the water that you are washing it in will effect how much the dye takes into the cloth, the hotter the water the deeper the color. This dye is available at Walmart, joann fabrics, AC Moore, and similar places. I was also told that the dye should not effect or color the graphic given how its printed. Hope this is helpful to someone out there.

Relay for Life 2011 Donate to fight cancer

moronbrigade

quality posts: 23 Private Messages moronbrigade

Just recieved my hotcakes shirt. This printed really well. Wearing it right now. Im very happy I bought this!

Seize the Opportunity.

Balsa

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Balsa
Arthurbrigade wrote:Just recieved my hotcakes shirt. This printed really well. Wearing it right now. Im very happy I bought this!

Got mine today. Love the color, love the design. Just wish the image wasn't quite as big...it takes over my whole chest.

Sidenote: Anyone else think that Woot shirts have gotten a bit bigger lately?