nevetnod

quality posts: 2 Private Messages nevetnod
BootsBoots wrote: Mreh?

Bah! I'm still trying to figure out what this word sounds like when Boots says it aloud.

I like celery.

DianaSprinkle

quality posts: 110 Private Messages DianaSprinkle
sasham62 wrote:I think the seeming perspective problem is just because the pizza box is at an angle. I wouldn't worry about it.

It's pretty much all I end up focused on LOL. But I'm one person. =D

Mavyn

quality posts: 22 Private Messages Mavyn
BootsBoots wrote:Mreh? Can you see the checkered floor ok, or is it too subtle (I want it to be subtle, but visable)

Just me, but I get hung up on the 'how would the box close?' issue.

Maybe in a wire-takeout-box?

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

Josephus

quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus
Mavyn wrote:Just me, but I get hung up on the 'how would the box close?' issue.

Maybe in a wire-takeout-box?

I think that would work just as well if not better than the pizza box.

olio

quality posts: 0 Private Messages olio

[quote postid="4442001" user="bluejester"]Well...umm.

Sorry man, I usually really like your stuff, but the "Disco is Dead" thing just makes me shrug. Not that the design isn't funny or well done. It's just that the comment about Disco being dead doesn't really seem---um, forgive the pun here--fresh.

how about a change in the text:

disco is undead

disco is alive...well, undead

dance of the dead

zombie disco. now that's living...or not

staying undead/unalive

or something more cleverer...erer

Mavyn

quality posts: 22 Private Messages Mavyn
olio wrote:

how about a change in the text:

disco is undead

disco is alive...well, undead

dance of the dead

zombie disco. now that's living...or not

staying undead/unalive

or something more cleverer...erer

Rule #1: No text.

Not much more clever to be done with that.

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

Assassin15

quality posts: 161 Private Messages Assassin15
BootsBoots wrote:Mreh? Can you see the checkered floor ok, or is it too subtle (I want it to be subtle, but visable)

Is that a pizza box? What is a baby doing with a pizza box?

PULL UP YOUR SKIRT, WE'RE ON A MISSION/
WE NEED A HERO, NOT A POLITICIAN - "Panhammer" by Phinehas

megadog

quality posts: 0 Private Messages megadog

i would like to see a bit more of the checkered floor
But that lid on box seems like it cannot be closed - needs to be a bit, wider/longer so that it would overlap the base of the box.
otherwise nice one
( do Dominoes do 'brains' lol)

Spiritgreen

quality posts: 210 Private Messages Spiritgreen

Here's a scruffy, rough of my idea.

It's a 5 tier cupcake stand doubling as a mountain of zombies. It's full of nasty, undead cupcakes with one last, pristine one up on top, pumping his shotgun.

(The Last Cupcake - image)

midgerock

quality posts: 6 Private Messages midgerock

here's my pencils for "Stay Down"
let me know what you think.

BootsBoots

quality posts: 37 Private Messages BootsBoots

Thanks, guys. I'll lighten the floor a little more to make it easier to see. As to the box... does it have to make sense? It's a cartoon, right? I kind of think it's funnier if it doesn't.

bluetuba

quality posts: 58 Private Messages bluetuba
chumpmagic wrote:I have been looking for an excuse to revisit this design.

Disco is Dead!

I think it was sub as a daily, but I know it was never sub for a derby... don't know if that counts or not.

I know I have to get rid of the text, and I think I am going to add a background with a disco ball and a silhouette of more zombies dancing in the background.

Thoughts?

I have a few other/ new ideas up my sleeve that I want to work on first, but I would like to hear your thoughts on this.

I think this is HILARIOUS and works without the text, I'd wear it!

bluetuba

quality posts: 58 Private Messages bluetuba
BootsBoots wrote:Thanks, guys. I'll lighten the floor a little more to make it easier to see. As to the box... does it have to make sense? It's a cartoon, right? I kind of think it's funnier if it doesn't.

It's not like a zombie baby would have the coordination to close that box anyway! Double dose of clumsy!

taternuggets

quality posts: 21 Private Messages taternuggets
BootsBoots wrote:Thanks, guys. I'll lighten the floor a little more to make it easier to see. As to the box... does it have to make sense? It's a cartoon, right? I kind of think it's funnier if it doesn't.

I agree. you should put a brain stain on the lid though.

Nothing follows.

megadog

quality posts: 0 Private Messages megadog
bluetuba wrote:It's not like a zombie baby would have the coordination to close that box anyway! Double dose of clumsy!

but the zombie baby had the coordination to open it lol.
just my opinion but if the box looked like it could close correctly - it would be funnier cos then then the brains wouldn't fit in the box lol they would be squashed

profbrendan

quality posts: 7 Private Messages profbrendan
nevetnod wrote:Bah! I'm still trying to figure out what this word sounds like when Boots says it aloud.

It sounds kinda like "Mreh".

msklzannie

quality posts: 4 Private Messages msklzannie

The top left checker is in the wrong spot for the pattern. It distracts me more than the pizza box conundrum.

Total woot orders: 189
Bag o.f Crap: 12/25/2010, 1/25/2011, 6/15/2011, 11/9/2011, 12/25/2011, 3/22/3012, 4/26/2012

Drakxxx

quality posts: 16 Private Messages Drakxxx

Rough version of a design idea I thought would be cool. A 3 panel design with the zombies pressed against the windows trying to get into the survivors inside.

Let me know what you guys think and thanks

midgerock

quality posts: 6 Private Messages midgerock
Drakxxx wrote:

Rough version of a design idea I thought would be cool. A 3 panel design with the zombies pressed against the windows trying to get into the survivors inside.

love it!

Leahbh

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Leahbh
chumpmagic wrote:I have been looking for an excuse to revisit this design.

Disco is Dead!

I think it was sub as a daily, but I know it was never sub for a derby... don't know if that counts or not.

I know I have to get rid of the text, and I think I am going to add a background with a disco ball and a silhouette of more zombies dancing in the background.

Thoughts?

I have a few other/ new ideas up my sleeve that I want to work on first, but I would like to hear your thoughts on this.

i see saturday night live, john travolta colors.

rogerrogerroger

quality posts: 1 Private Messages rogerrogerroger
Spiritgreen wrote:Here's a scruffy, rough of my idea.

It's a 5 tier cupcake stand doubling as a mountain of zombies. It's full of nasty, undead cupcakes with one last, pristine one up on top, pumping his shotgun.

yes! this is so good.

rogerrogerroger

quality posts: 1 Private Messages rogerrogerroger

braaainbows..

i feel like its semi-unlikable haha. but what the heck. feedback?

BootsBoots

msklzannie wrote:The top left checker is in the wrong spot for the pattern. It distracts me more than the pizza box conundrum.

You're totally right! Thanks!

BootsBoots

megadog wrote:but the zombie baby had the coordination to open it lol.
just my opinion but if the box looked like it could close correctly - it would be funnier cos then then the brains wouldn't fit in the box lol they would be squashed

See, I'm thinking of it like a cartoon when there's a big thing in a small box. Someone opens the box and it BOINGs out.

profbrendan

rogerrogerroger wrote:

braaainbows..

Semi-unlikable my fanny. I'll buy the pants off of it if it wins.

Spiritgreen

rogerrogerroger wrote:

braaainbows..

Feedback = this is awesome. It's juuuust twisted enough I think, but not so much that discerning people wouldn't want one. ^_^

BootsBoots

nevetnod wrote:Bah! I'm still trying to figure out what this word sounds like when Boots says it aloud.

Like "Meh" only in question form. Now you know! ;)

Spiritgreen

@BootsBoots, love it! And the cartoon physics make it all the better for me.

My only suggestion would be to make the lid slightly deeper, ie. the same thickness as the base of the box.

BootsBoots

Spiritgreen wrote:@BootsBoots, love it! And the cartoon physics make it all the better for me.

My only suggestion would be to make the lid slightly deeper, ie. the same thickness as the base of the box.

Thanks, Spirit! The lids are usually a little thinner though, aren't they? Since they close on the inside of the bottom?

justzo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages justzo

The baby zombie and the box/brains issue bother me not at all. I like the subtlety of the floor; lighten it and and lose the focus on the baby and box. I do agree with msklzannie about the upper left portion of the floor. But I'll go one further - it seems the the right and left sides don't match

Shigwarm

quality posts: 8 Private Messages Shigwarm
rogerrogerroger wrote:

I like it. But it may be too similar to the already printed fat unicorn. I guess submit it and see if Woot thinks it is too similar or not.

BootsBoots

justzo wrote:The baby zombie and the box/brains issue bother me not at all. I like the subtlety of the floor; lighten it and and lose the focus on the baby and box. I do agree with msklzannie about the upper left portion of the floor. But I'll go one further - it seems the the right and left sides don't match

Thanks for the input, Justzo. The floor sides should match... I just made a straight-on checker board and changed the perspective to make it a floor. I think maybe when I fix the messed up tile, it'll look better.

elviswind

quality posts: 1 Private Messages elviswind

I like the pizza box for the brain.

The perspective of the floor does kind of bug me though. Maybe if the edges of the squares were hand drawn it would be less noticeable and fit in better with the rest of the design? Or maybe it's the wall that makes it seem slightly skewed . . . maybe see what it looks like without the wall?

VonMonkey

quality posts: 3 Private Messages VonMonkey
rogerrogerroger wrote:

braaainbows..

Amaaaaaaaaaaaaaazing!

elviswind

quality posts: 1 Private Messages elviswind
Drakxxx wrote:

Awesome!

Probably not what you're going for, but a zombie in the background holding a sign as in the zombie is excited to be on TV and wants to know if "KAREN WILL U MARRY ME???" would make me howl with laughter.

emberdione

quality posts: 3 Private Messages emberdione

Oh dear... I am not an artist, but I had this idea for a zombie shirt... I don't understand the whole halftones thing or how to submit...

But here's my idea!

pastorroy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pastorroy

My design this time around "Zombie Treat"

creativehack

quality posts: 29 Private Messages creativehack
Spiritgreen wrote:Here's a scruffy, rough of my idea.

I didn't get where you were going with this when you said you were doing a 5 tier cake deal. But this is great, can't wait to see it finished!

RAMPage Soccer for your iPad

creativehack

quality posts: 29 Private Messages creativehack
Drakxxx wrote:

I thought this was a depiction of an Oprah audience being told they would receive a $5 discount to Buy-Low

RAMPage Soccer for your iPad

profbrendan

Oh! Also:

No, it's not my art. Just figured it had to be put up here before too long.