odysseyroc

quality posts: 33 Private Messages odysseyroc
Re: Stay away from the Pipe!

I came to the conclusion that I'd never buy another Mario themed shirt. But I'd buy this one if it printed. I'm a big fan of your style, and this is so nicely drawn.

KIDA26

quality posts: 2 Private Messages KIDA26

test

nblottie

quality posts: 11 Private Messages nblottie
Andy47240 wrote:This is great. I really love your illustration skills.

Thanks!

marzipanapple

quality posts: 7 Private Messages marzipanapple
Re: Zombie Snail: Food and Shelter

This is fantastic. I usually like to explain myself, but those are the only words I can find presently.

nblottie

paperclipjane wrote:I didn't even notice the helmets around the bugs' heads. Brilliant and so cute!

It's the one thing that really stayed from the first design because it seemed so ridiculous.

nblottie

Johndis5 wrote:Finally! A good example of following the "No resubs without significant changes." rule. I can think of a few designers that should see this and really let it soak in. Well done.

Thanks. I was gonna redux my Zombie Unicorn design, and I was about half way done when I saw the Brainbows entry. Figured I didn't want to flood the comp with zombie unicorns.

nblottie

dooomcat wrote:Way better! Still love it, though the hand he's holding up with only three fingers looks kind of fork like. Love seeing strong illustration talent on here... too bad it generally loses out to... other stuff.

I totally feel the same way. But I guess if every week three amazingly illustrated shirts won, I'd be spending $30 a week on shirts. Not to mention they'd all be brown or grey. But thanks for comment!

DoublEE

quality posts: 8 Private Messages DoublEE
snicks1899 wrote:i'm sick of all the anti ramyb comments. last derby too. if you don't like the shirt, don't vote for it. it's quite simple.

it wouldn't be so annoying if the criticism posted to ramyb shirts was also posted to other shirts displaying the same things you didn't like on this shirt. for example, there have been comments that this shirt doesn't fit the derby for this week because the cookies were never alive and, therefore, can't be zombies. so then i ask, what about "the last cupcake" which is also in the fog? not one of you complained that cupcakes weren't alive. yet as soon as you see ramyb's design you complain that cookies aren't alive. really?

I agree. Haters hate. The same group of people use the same tired arguments...too many colors...off topic...stolen ideas...same characters...blah, blah, blah.

Sergio37

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Sergio37
Re: The Last Stand

What went wrong ... we used to be cool

Sergio37

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Sergio37

Spiritgreen

quality posts: 225 Private Messages Spiritgreen
Re: Zombie in Space REDUX

Ah yeah. I remember your earlier version of this, I really like the new style. Loads of character. :^)

grrlmarvel

quality posts: 12 Private Messages grrlmarvel
paigeg wrote:I'm also a big Dia de los Muertos fan. The design is kickin'. The pink isn't so great for me - a bit on the Pepto side. A vibrant red would have kicked ass.

Red would have worked. The reason it ended up pink was I had some other of my pastel colors in there but ended up going minimal colors and the pink stayed. If I submit elsewhere I may change it to the red.

bassanimation

quality posts: 98 Private Messages bassanimation
itsmisty wrote:You've done it AGAIN! Crap on a stick, honestly. Will try my hardest to get this up there, need need NEED~

I think I have one of these at home...only it's real...and it pees on everything... LOL!!!

+1!!

sTyLeS

quality posts: 9 Private Messages sTyLeS
Re: The Last Cupcake

Spiritgreen, you must have the same Wilton cupcake stand that I have.

grrlmarvel

Re: Zombie in Space REDUX

I have to second the comments on this. Really great illustration style and I think these type of shirts should be higher up or fogging. There is some great talent here (this included) that isn't getting the recognition they deserve.

The design is very wearable, great style, LOVE the figure's pose... GMV.

desukas

quality posts: 0 Private Messages desukas

Tired of running from zombies? Open up your skull and give those guys a good taunt, Show them who's boss!

Remember to be brave, and stay BAD ASS!

bassanimation

quality posts: 98 Private Messages bassanimation

Yet another Mario shirt I would actually wear! You always do pop cult with your own flair, Lucky! I love the colors and composition. Plus, I am so happy to see something taking a bite out of those critters...buwahahaha! Awesome. +1

artbreaker

quality posts: 0 Private Messages artbreaker
paigeg wrote:LMAO! Is that Slash puttin' down the licks while his singer gets into the NOSH pit?

Definitely Slash inspired, but it makes me wonder if Slash went out without his hat... would anyone recognize him?

http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=52144

elviswind

quality posts: 1 Private Messages elviswind

Great idea RamyB!!! The other Cookie Monster shirt on the Reckoning sells so well, I'm sure you'll have no problem raking in tons of money for at least a couple months with this one!

bluejester

quality posts: 569 Private Messages bluejester
Re: Mutation

Just a few notes. Green conveys more Incredible Hulk/alien/dead Vulcan than it does the undead. At least from a nerds eye view (this nerd). Also, I had to click the image to tell that there was a zombie in it, and even then he just wasn't that clear to me. The dude is just way too dim/faint to tell that he's there. It's an interesting way of conveying the idea of zombies, but I don't think that it has the effect you were hoping for.

As with all suggestions, feel free to print this out, crumple it up, shred it, then burn it for your own enjoyment.

bluejester

Re: Cookie Monsters

To a dergree I think it's a funny shirt. That said however, I'm not really "feelin' it" from the cookies as zombies. It's been said already, but I have to agree, this seems more like a "revenge" shirt, than zombie shirt.

I might have missed this in the thread, but has anyone mentioned the possibility of other muppets as zombies making for a better take on the shirt? I know that the premise of the joke hinges on the cookies coming after Cookie Monster, but maybe that is the whole reason why I just am not digging on the design as much as I might want to.

That, and who ever heard of good ol' CM not finishing the whole cookie? ;-)

djtheatre

quality posts: 0 Private Messages djtheatre
jasalom wrote:Hey DJ, great idea but I couldn't help but notice the similarities between your Mario and this one.

http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=52036

Check out the missing eye, the hat, the mouth and the tear in the glove. What's up with that?

That was complete happenstance... I can't really explain it other than we think similarly. Haha. I can show you my original sketch if you like. But yea it was just two similar thinking designers.

jthunderbird

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jthunderbird
Re: If I Only Had a Brain

Never commented on shirt.woot and only bought one from this site previously... but I WILL be buying this one, with or without the brain bubble... though my vote would be for without... message is conveyed perfectly without it.

Awesome design, cant wait to wear it.

grrlmarvel

bassanimation wrote:I think I have one of these at home...only it's real...and it pees on everything... LOL!!!

+1!!

Bass - one of these days you need to post a pic of your animals! LOL.

Spiritgreen

quality posts: 225 Private Messages Spiritgreen
sTyLeS wrote:Spiritgreen, you must have the same Wilton cupcake stand that I have.

Wilton, right! I ordered one of these yesterday:

I would have bought a five tier, but this still seemed like a -lot- of cupcakes to make/eat. :p

Johndis5

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Johndis5
mhrodrig wrote:
If this prints, I really don't envision someone else (random person on street, friend, relative) taking a look at this shirt and saying "cool zombie shirt."

Agreed. I don't think a barely distinguishable silhouette of a slouching person in the background of a rehashed DNA strand really qualifies this as a zombie themed shirt.

That said, zombies are overdone and this derby in general sucks. I almost hope this prints so that we don't have to see this Jatravartid glowy DNA strand again. Then again, if it prints, his obvious lack of creativity will likely compel him to keep on using it.

rrb97reg

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rrb97reg
Re: Blondie Has the Last Laugh!

Even zombies know the truth about blondes

Salinga

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Salinga
rowanmikaio wrote:[quote postid="4445217" user="Salinga"]It just looks like a regular person. I can't see how it is distinguished as a zombie from a living human.

OK the RAMYB hate is RIDICULOUS.

There is this random idea in art called "suspension of disbelief". You guys are trying SO HARD to find a way that this isn't a zombie that you look ridiculous.

I didn't make any jabs on him or his previous designs. Your raging is a bit unnecessary.

Really, how do you look at this design and think "oh, that's definitely a zombie" if the theme this derby wasn't on zombies?

Johndis5

Re: Apathetic Zombie

I mean, sure, if some brains just went walking by, I'd probably grab them, but this aimless stumbling around looking for brains..... well, it just kind of seems cliche and pointless. Can't we just roll a joint and play Modern Warfare instead?

Lish64

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Lish64
Re: Bird Brainsssss - Resub

I like this concept a lot! Reminds me of The Birds by Hitchcock.

amydcamp

quality posts: 0 Private Messages amydcamp

Because there's not much scarier than zombie-raptors.

This is my second derby submission! It looks... strangely like my first, but with a dead reptile instead of a living one.

Johndis5

Re: Ninja Pirate Robot Zombie

You should have put a tardis in the background for good measure. If you're going to hedge your bets, might as well go full monty.

Johndis5

DoublEE wrote:The same group of people use the same tired arguments...too many colors...off topic...stolen ideas...same characters...blah, blah, blah.

I know. It's like some people just insist on having standards. Sirius GPP.

BootsBoots

quality posts: 38 Private Messages BootsBoots
Johndis5 wrote:You should have put a tardis in the background for good measure. If you're going to hedge your bets, might as well go full monty.

I originally wanted to call it, "Ninja Pirate Robot Zombie is Talking About Mario," but I thought that might be too much.

Wizzr

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Wizzr
aliceinwootland wrote:This is awesome, it feels really epic. I loove the moon. I wish I could get a shirt with just the moon on it, the colors are done beautifully.

Thanks, the moon came in after the I got the idea of running from zombies. I needed a backdrop to silhouette the chase and the moon worked really well. I knew it would really strong element and used the colors to insure that.

midgerock

quality posts: 6 Private Messages midgerock
miztickow wrote:Do you not know what a phoenix is?...

Oh I know what a phoenix is but its not a zombie... the theme this week. The use of the phoenix is arbitrary and pandering at best, but if all is needed is a speech balloon with a brain in it to make a design acceptable for the theme then the design is weak and not clever, IMO.

midgerock

quality posts: 6 Private Messages midgerock
Re: Make A Wish, Jimmy!

I got ask, "why not more votes on this one?"

bluejester

Re: Escape: Nowhere

On the one hand, I like it, the concept is really cool and wearable. That said, does Radiomode have a thing for butts? It seems like he's all about the moon in his drawings. ;)

In all seriousness though, I'm a little on concerned abou the size of the figures on the shirt. When images get shrunken to t-shirt size, especially as the size gets smaller the smaller the person wearing it, I'm worried that the details will get lost.

(As a side note, apologies, but would some one kindly (emphasis on the kindly) explain what vectoring means? I'm assuming in the context people are using it, that it is meant as an insult. As an average wooter, I honestly would like to know and why it is frowned upon by some in the t-shirt designing community.)

0tt3r

quality posts: 0 Private Messages 0tt3r
AdderXYU wrote:you did, and it isn't.

This has the same issues as any other ramy piece. Uncreative, incredibly similar to other pieces he's put forth, and really not that attractive. Have any of you SEEN these shirts in the wild?

+1ing this is +1ing every idea he's stolen, every tired idea he's rehashed, every squirrel he's slapped on a tee with no concept.

Yes, I have seen every ramyb shirt that has printed since I started wooting around December 09. I have only purchased 1 ramyb shirt, so it is not me just looking in the mirror. I am on a college campus and I would say I see ramyb shirts about once every two days, on a variety of people.

Yesterday, I had to make a flag with people and zombies on it. I made people black stick figures and zombies green stick figures. Everyone knew the green stick figures were zombies, and not hulks/mutants/etc

lucky1988

quality posts: 20 Private Messages lucky1988

thanks everyone!