lucky1988

quality posts: 20 Private Messages lucky1988
Re: Ice Cream, You Scream

Ha, nice stuff! Love his expression.

ochopika

quality posts: 26 Private Messages ochopika

Staff

Re: Weapons of Choice

Sooo.. I asked my mom why my "zombie love" thing wasn't getting votes. She said "well it looks good but they look like kids... and with the love and guns theme there that might put people off."

After recovering from a severe facepalm, I proceeded to change the design so that it was supposed to be two kids (I originally did NOT mean to make them look like kids), using weapons that kids can use!

Hope you guys like it more now!

Kelletbug

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Kelletbug
Re: Zombees!

As a beekeeper, I LOVE it!!

LeetRantipole

quality posts: 1 Private Messages LeetRantipole
chumpmagic wrote:I have gone on the record a few time saying that I don't mind when artist recycle their work, and this design examples one of the reasons I say that. I think this is far better than your other 2 design that used that same DNA strip. It far more creative than just a bland stroke with some glitter. The vague zombie in the background is a nice touch too and something the other designs lack- an obvious interpretation.

The shirt this reminds me of is Nanonauts by tgentry. Did ramy have one like this too?

miztickow

quality posts: 0 Private Messages miztickow
midgerock wrote:Oh I know what a phoenix is but its not a zombie... the theme this week. The use of the phoenix is arbitrary and pandering at best, but if all is needed is a speech balloon with a brain in it to make a design acceptable for the theme then the design is weak and not clever, IMO.

princeton.edu definition of zombie: a dead body that has been brought back to life by a supernatural force

that's what a phoenix is except it happens to be a fiery bird

also, I must point out that you used the "add brain for instant zombie" technique that you hate so much yourself in "Make a Wish, Jimmy!" (without the brain, it's just a corpse at a birthday party)

ochopika

quality posts: 26 Private Messages ochopika

Staff

Re: Zombie in Space REDUX

The composition *or DEcomposition harharhar* is great! Very original approach to this topic, where it has been difficult to make a unique design!

altmanfamily

quality posts: 0 Private Messages altmanfamily
Spiritgreen wrote:Wilton, right! I ordered one of these yesterday:

I would have bought a five tier, but this still seemed like a -lot- of cupcakes to make/eat. :p

The one I have is for the mini-cupcakes. So it's a lot of cupcakes to make...but not to eat!

midgerock

quality posts: 6 Private Messages midgerock
miztickow wrote:princeton.edu definition of zombie: a dead body that has been brought back to life by a supernatural force

that's what a phoenix is except it happens to be a fiery bird

also, I must point out that you used the "add brain for instant zombie" technique that you hate so much yourself in "Make a Wish, Jimmy!" (without the brain, it's just a corpse at a birthday party)

I beg to differ but I can see you'll debate the point even though you're wrong. There's a vast difference between a phoenix and a zombie. Phoenixes are reborn from ashes to full life as they were prior to molting and dying in a burst of flame. I don't need to reference a dictionary to confirm that and use the words in a semanitic twist as you did. Zombies are dead and then brought back but not to life but unlife or as most would say "undead" They're not quite living and not quite dead. Again the point still stands this is a phoenix with a word balloon with a brain to make it be on theme and nothing more.

As to my design, the design would still read whether there was a brain for the cake or not. As to this design, it would not.

LegendaryGatz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages LegendaryGatz

Pretty cool, I hope this makes it.

radiomode

quality posts: 3 Private Messages radiomode
bluejester wrote:On the one hand, I like it, the concept is really cool and wearable. That said, does Radiomode have a thing for butts? It seems like he's all about the moon in his drawings. ;)

In all seriousness though, I'm a little on concerned abou the size of the figures on the shirt. When images get shrunken to t-shirt size, especially as the size gets smaller the smaller the person wearing it, I'm worried that the details will get lost.

(As a side note, apologies, but would some one kindly (emphasis on the kindly) explain what vectoring means? I'm assuming in the context people are using it, that it is meant as an insult. As an average wooter, I honestly would like to know and why it is frowned upon by some in the t-shirt designing community.)

I love circle. Not only moon, everything I draw usually have a circle in it (tiny dots or large backdrop).

Size-wise, even if the actual t-shirt is just as big as this mock up (which is about 3cm wide), you will still be able to see the shooter and the zombies. So I don't think it is a problem.

People are talking about vector pack. Vector pack is premade shape (people, animal, plant, etc) that everyone can download and use in their design - assuming they are intended to be free of copyright.

Vector pack is frowned upon because it is easily available for everyone and for some vector pack means less "art" because it means the design does not start from "0".

It works similarly to Collage.

Insult or not, in my previous submissions, I have used some of these premade shapes. Most vector pack come in the form of silhouette, so now everything (that i do) with silhouette is right away impeached as part of vector pack.

novastarj

quality posts: 30 Private Messages novastarj
Re: Run.

Love the concept, feels very apocalyptic. Guess this is what happens when you run out of ammo.

miztickow

quality posts: 0 Private Messages miztickow
midgerock wrote:There's a vast difference between a phoenix and a zombie. Phoenixes are reborn from ashes to full life as they were prior to molting and dying in a burst of flame. I don't need to reference a dictionary to confirm that and use the words in a semanitic twist as you did. Zombies are dead and then brought back but not to life but unlife or as most would say "undead" They're not quite living and not quite dead. Again the point still stands this is a phoenix with a word balloon with a brain to make it be on theme and nothing more.

That's why this is clever. It's not like it's a squirrel or rabbit zombie; it's something that's already really close to a zombie being made full zombie.

midgerock

quality posts: 6 Private Messages midgerock
Re: The Order Of The Hand That Went Bad (REDUX)

I had previously designed this back in October for Hallowoot 2010 derby. Since then has been redrew and reworked and recolored. Since I saw others enter redrew designs which they had previously subbed I thought this qualified as well. I hope people dig it. Its inspired by Evil Dead Trilogy and with the premise that a masonic order was created based on the teachings and adventures of Ash the hero from the movies. To become a member you have to lop the hand off that went bad. You get your own chainsaw and shotgun and free t-shirt.

juliaL719

quality posts: 0 Private Messages juliaL719
LeetRantipole wrote:The shirt this reminds me of is Nanonauts by tgentry. Did ramy have one like this too?

He had "two"

http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=38152

http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=45647

partimejudas

quality posts: 0 Private Messages partimejudas
Re: braaaainbows!

I want to eat that rainbow. It looks like a combination of Lucky Charms marshmallows all smooshed together into deliciousness of EAT!!!!

Now 100% chock full of little wind-up robots!

taternuggets

quality posts: 22 Private Messages taternuggets
Re: Zombie Walk

Collaboration between myself and Jeus. That's worth votes right there.

Nothing follows.

dooomcat

quality posts: 10 Private Messages dooomcat
bassanimation wrote:I think I have one of these at home...only it's real...and it pees on everything... LOL!!!

+1!!

ooo, well if it is in the habit of eating itself then perhaps the problem will eventually go away?

Thanks for kind words everyone!

chumpmagic

quality posts: 9 Private Messages chumpmagic
Re: Zombie Snail: Food and Shelter

Thanks everyone! I am both shocked and thrilled to see this design getting some serious attention. Sadly, it looks like I am in "9th" since my score is visible. I think that glitch occurred when radiomode's revision of his first design reenter the fog and had the same title as his first (no version 2 or v2 at the end). Regardless, I am still stoke at how many votes this little bugger has accumulated so far! Thanks again, all. I truly appreciate it!!!

partimejudas

alis0ntalb0t wrote:I thought it was RamyB, too. Funny since I couldn't tell RamyB's actual design was his this week.

Great job JLEGOS!

Nice work JLEGOS! I like the coloring and play on themes. My only question is when you shotgun the phoenix zombie to the head will it still be reborn as a zombie?

alis0ntalb0t you made me LOL. Couldn't tell Ramyb's design... just look for the cutefying of something see in the top 20 if he's not feeling the jive. i.e. which shirt has sold the most copies. Yeah I rib him, but I also buy his shirts; I figure that's a fair enough trade :D.

gutfeeling

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gutfeeling
Re: If I Only Had A Brain

In the zombie social structure it is not share and share alike.

partimejudas

Re: Morning Zombies

I like how you played around with the zombie concept here.
Original, interesting color work, and the haters can't say anything about the cute factor. Keep on rocking.

chumpmagic

truffleshuffle wrote:Wow!! You were suuuuuper busy this week! How did you pump out so many brilliant ideas so fast? haha. Anyway, keepin' my fingers crossed that this one will print!

I have no clue how I got all of them done. I wish I had an answer for you. My only guess is that since I haven't entered a derby in a while, and saw a theme that looked half-way appealing, it was like a shot of adrenaline straight to the heart.

It was also weird that I didn't run into any snares. Every design was very smooth and relaxing... Again, I wish I had an answer!

walmazan

quality posts: 63 Private Messages walmazan
Re: The Last Cupcake

You rock with this SPIRITGREEN! it's awesome! my favorite from yours! and I love your work!

partimejudas

Re: one of these don't belong

Look out one is an Imposter!

walmazan

Re: I Like Turtles

I think its so cool and love the colors!

+1

walmazan

Re: Brains are Peasant Food

This need more votes! love the character! so well done!

you have an amazing style!

walmazan

Re: Day of the BRAAAAAAAAAAINS

I love it so much! and this have and extra point because I love "el día de los muertos"

+1

gayemeyer

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gayemeyer
Re: Weapons of Choice

I want to take the zombies home, especially the one on the far left.

jerberry

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jerberry
Re: braaaainbows!

ooooh, please win!

expo01

quality posts: 10 Private Messages expo01
Re: Outbreak

Love the simplicity of this amigo , voted , voted , voted! (o;

expo01

quality posts: 10 Private Messages expo01
Re: Rule No.1: Cardio

lol!, great color combo , voted!!!

chumpmagic

midgerock wrote:totaly see this on redbubble as a sticker. I'd by it as both a shirt and sticker.

I don't know. Their stickers are kind of small, and you know as well as I that redbubble is known to alter the colors after uploading, which can look poopy I can at least upload it and see how it looks i guess.

Thanks again all!

thumperchick

quality posts: 238 Private Messages thumperchick
Re: Zombie Zone Ahead

+1 - I miss when the border crossing signs had the kid's teddy bear trailing behind... Love it.

vaibhavtyagiv

quality posts: 0 Private Messages vaibhavtyagiv
Re: Out of Coffee

Should make another one without the coffee cup and though bubble, would that be better?

killmak

quality posts: 0 Private Messages killmak

Deformed arms FTW!

sarahlav

quality posts: 1 Private Messages sarahlav
Re: If I Only Had A Brain

The idea is quite clever, however, Dorothy is supposed to be a girl in her tweens. It bothers me to see her in something so low cut and so busty. Just a suggestion, perhaps make her look more like a girl than a busty woman?

p0werline

quality posts: 0 Private Messages p0werline
paigeg wrote:Not my colors, but frickin' awesome illo.

Badass. Definitely buy.

Prrriiiiiinnnnttt

npromero

quality posts: 0 Private Messages npromero
Re: Zombie Zone Ahead

Shut UP! There used to be a teddy bear also?!?!
I did a little research on street signs but I never saw that one one.

By the way sorry for all the misspellings the other day, must have been some sort of combination of drunk, bad typing day, and on my phone.
Kinda like I am now. :D

Wahoooo, drinking and zombies!!!!!

bluejester

quality posts: 560 Private Messages bluejester
Re: Outbreak

The detail photo you uploaded cleared a bit up for me too. I voted for it because I was pretty sure that I got the concept, but still, it's nice work in the detail. I also love your mini-explination as well, it in itself is pretty well done. Like reading a statistical break down of what was going on.

As usual, you have my vote.

gutfeeling

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gutfeeling
sarahlav wrote:The idea is quite clever, however, Dorothy is supposed to be a girl in her tweens. It bothers me to see her in something so low cut and so busty. Just a suggestion, perhaps make her look more like a girl than a busty woman?

thanks, I will see about doing a version two. Maybe that will help this rise te charts