npromero

quality posts: 0 Private Messages npromero
midgerock wrote:I beg to differ but I can see you'll debate the point even though you're wrong. There's a vast difference between a phoenix and a zombie. Phoenixes are reborn from ashes to full life as they were prior to molting and dying in a burst of flame. I don't need to reference a dictionary to confirm that and use the words in a semanitic twist as you did. Zombies are dead and then brought back but not to life but unlife or as most would say "undead" They're not quite living and not quite dead. Again the point still stands this is a phoenix with a word balloon with a brain to make it be on theme and nothing more.

As to my design, the design would still read whether there was a brain for the cake or not. As to this design, it would not.

Wow! I love it when people get schooled fantsy/scifi/horror style!
Midgerock great job on the molting. That just earned you a +Uno on all your shirts from me. Goodluck this derby, that debate was both fun and crazy amazing!

:D,
Stinko

kronuskaos

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kronuskaos

ooo this is cool

monkeyinvader

quality posts: 0 Private Messages monkeyinvader

I would wear this shirt so much... gmv!

ochopika

quality posts: 28 Private Messages ochopika

Staff

gayemeyer wrote:I want to take the zombies home, especially the one on the far left.

I don't want to take any zombies home. They would stink.

Sergio37

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Sergio37
Re: BRAINSTORM

lol love it

Sergio37

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Sergio37
Re: The Last Stand

Ninjas and pirates used to be the coolest thing in the world, what happend?

Support ninjas and pirates and vote plz!

denisesballs

quality posts: 0 Private Messages denisesballs
IgnatiusRiley wrote:It's a nice design, but it really clashes with the shirt color.

Agreed. I love the design but the pink and brown make it unwearable IMO.

littleclyde

quality posts: 16 Private Messages littleclyde
Re: Day of the BRAAAAAAAAAAINS

cool! very nice spin on the theme.

gutfeeling

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gutfeeling
Re: If I Only Had A Brain Take Two

For those of you that see Dorothy as a cute little girl… who… likes to eat brain for breakfast.

craziemutant

quality posts: 0 Private Messages craziemutant
Re: Escape: Nowhere

I'm sorry, but is the moon/sky supposed to be melting, a skull, or a brain?

gutfeeling

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gutfeeling
sarahlav wrote:The idea is quite clever, however, Dorothy is supposed to be a girl in her tweens. It bothers me to see her in something so low cut and so busty. Just a suggestion, perhaps make her look more like a girl than a busty woman?

Check out version Two, this is my tween version of Dorothy.

bpr2

quality posts: 181 Private Messages bpr2

No resubmissions

that was fun while it lasted!

craziemutant

quality posts: 0 Private Messages craziemutant
Re: If I Only Had a Brain

Love it! NEED ONE!

nmpls

quality posts: 22 Private Messages nmpls
Re: Zombie Snail: Food and Shelter

I like this design a lot, but I couldn't wear it on a t-shirt. Can't give it a vote, but a thumbs up anyhow.

abracot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages abracot

much better!

mugglemary

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mugglemary

Outside of real zombies, I can hardly imagine anything more horrific than pigeon zombies. Great idea!

DianaSprinkle wrote:Resub to fix some colors and adjust things here and there. Please vote again.

"Bird Brainsssss"

Zombie Pigeons? Real Pigeons? They're all dumb. These zombie pigeons try their hardest to peck this chalk drawing of a brain. YUM YUM.

6 colors on Heather grey.

mugglemary

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mugglemary

I find it doubly funny because he's the Brain. And Pinky doesn't have one. And it's a Shaun of the Dead ref.

megsa

quality posts: 0 Private Messages megsa
Re: Zombie Spam

Everyone always forgets about the zombies that are already lurking in some of our homes....

Prepare yourselves for the undead, but don't forget to protect your computers from the digital zombie apocalypse that is already here!

----------
For non-techy people who don't know what a zombie computer is, see here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zombie_computer

And yes, I realize that this shirt kind of targets a particular audience, but I just couldn't let it go. Besides, human brains are so last year. ;)

bluejester

quality posts: 567 Private Messages bluejester
radiomode wrote:I love circle. Not only moon, everything I draw usually have a circle in it (tiny dots or large backdrop).

Size-wise, even if the actual t-shirt is just as big as this mock up (which is about 3cm wide), you will still be able to see the shooter and the zombies. So I don't think it is a problem.

People are talking about vector pack. Vector pack is premade shape (people, animal, plant, etc) that everyone can download and use in their design - assuming they are intended to be free of copyright.

Vector pack is frowned upon because it is easily available for everyone and for some vector pack means less "art" because it means the design does not start from "0".

It works similarly to Collage.

Insult or not, in my previous submissions, I have used some of these premade shapes. Most vector pack come in the form of silhouette, so now everything (that i do) with silhouette is right away impeached as part of vector pack.

Thanks for clearing up the vector thing for me. I keep seeing the word crop up in derby threads and wondered what it meant.

Personally, I think the design is well put together, and if you know more about the imprinting process, then I defer on the size issue. I liked "Star Trails Remix" and got it, even though I was worried about print issues with that one as well, but it turned out pretty darn spiffy.

jmmbell1987

quality posts: 78 Private Messages jmmbell1987
Spiritgreen wrote:
Cool design, I like this. :^)

C'mon, SG. It's both off-theme and a rehash of the same concept he's done about 5,491 times. There' not much cool about it.

npromero

Re: Portrait of Uncle Zom

Ever want to cruse around in slick threads while sporting a portrait of your favorite Uncle Zom?

Well now's your chance all you have to do is vote. A quick little plus one (and than later 10 dollars) will get you the sweetest shirt this side of the Mississippi, and the other side too ( I really dont care where you live).

Jatravartid thing was a pain to color with a swatch of 6. Hope you like

npromero

Every body gains 10 POUNDS ON THE BIG SCREEN. Poor uncle Zom...

That means the link goes to a High Res by the way. :O

MathUhhhSaurus

quality posts: 59 Private Messages MathUhhhSaurus

Oh Uncle Zom. I always loved how he always had a hand in his pocket. :') +1

Examine Bindle of Carrots.
What Bindle of Carrots?

DianaSprinkle

quality posts: 129 Private Messages DianaSprinkle
WanderingRaccoon wrote:Ha! Love this!

YAY! Zombie pigeons are awesome!

KaylaJ

quality posts: 22 Private Messages KaylaJ
Re: Outbreak

Can we get a good look at the top 3 people too?

DianaSprinkle

quality posts: 129 Private Messages DianaSprinkle
bpr2 wrote:No resubmissions

This isn't a resub from another derby he just posted it to this derby more than once.

paigeg

quality posts: 7 Private Messages paigeg
Re: Zombie Lord

Epic!

sittle

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sittle
jmmbell1987 wrote:C'mon, SG. It's both off-theme and a rehash of the same concept he's done about 5,491 times. There' not much cool about it.

For that matter... Do we really need another genome themed design...?

I think Genomes are going to have to make the "No" list soon... Everyweek someone is submitting one, and it's getting tired..

... also fractal type trees... a single tree doing something related to the Derby is DULL.

sittle

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sittle
Re: Barrel of Zombies

Very clever concept! Nice work!

profbrendan

quality posts: 7 Private Messages profbrendan
Re: Day of the BRAAAAAAAAAAINS

I'll buy this in a heartbeat if it wins.

truffleshuffle

quality posts: 4 Private Messages truffleshuffle
Annabananaka7 wrote:love this! ive been watching it climb since you submitted it! if it doesnt win promise youll submit this to a double take derby or get it printed some where!

Thanks! I'm glad you like my design Sadly only the honorable-y mentioned t-shirts chosen by Woot staff get to be in Double-take derbies, but I'll definitely let you know if/when I decide to submit this elsewhere!

ArdillaCiega

quality posts: 7 Private Messages ArdillaCiega
walmazan wrote:Outbreak!

It's OK I guess. I just imagine wearing it and having to explain it to people over and over. Could get old pretty quickly.

Even a blind squirrel is right twice a day.

grrlmarvel

quality posts: 12 Private Messages grrlmarvel
walmazan wrote:I love it so much! and this have and extra point because I love "el día de los muertos"

+1

Ahhh thanks.

grrlmarvel

Re: snack

Kasey - your stuff blows me away. The lines, the pose, fantastic.

juanoc74

quality posts: 0 Private Messages juanoc74
Re: AHHHH ZOMBIE / MUMMY!!!!

Thank you guys

nblottie

quality posts: 11 Private Messages nblottie
Spiritgreen wrote:Ah yeah. I remember your earlier version of this, I really like the new style. Loads of character. :^)

Thanks! I have like 6-7 grey shirts from woot, and I have to say, WHEN this wins I'm buying it. It is awesome.

nblottie

quality posts: 11 Private Messages nblottie
ochopika wrote:The composition *or DEcomposition harharhar* is great! Very original approach to this topic, where it has been difficult to make a unique design!

Awesome, thanks!

walmazan

quality posts: 64 Private Messages walmazan
ArdillaCiega wrote:It's OK I guess. I just imagine wearing it and having to explain it to people over and over. Could get old pretty quickly.

But, but you'll look very cool

grrlmarvel

Re: Bird Brainsssss - Resub

I really like this one. Simple, great design that is wearable, and the colors work well. GMV.

DoublEE

quality posts: 8 Private Messages DoublEE
Johndis5 wrote:I know. It's like some people just insist on having standards. Sirius GPP.

Standards...personal agendas...blind hate...whatever.