grrlmarvel

quality posts: 12 Private Messages grrlmarvel
Re: I want candy... er ... brains

Thank you all for the nice comments. I really appreciate it. This turned out to be a tougher derby that I thought it was going to be! There are some stellar designs... but what did I expect with some of those crazy amazing illustrators!

grrlmarvel

Re: Day of the BRAAAAAAAAAAINS

Thank you all for the comments and votes. I love my little skeleton guy. I think he'd be a cute plushie. ;)

ocdboy777

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ocdboy777
Re: Little Brainless Girl

Fellow fan of Korn perhaps? First thing I thought of was the Follow The Leader album.

travisk02

quality posts: 4 Private Messages travisk02
Re: Zombie Walk

HAHA this is brilliant and i love how the green color just pops out at you

"Expect to get shot down often and hard." -- teh Great TT

Jeus

quality posts: 36 Private Messages Jeus
travisk02 wrote:HAHA this is brilliant and i love how the green color just pops out at you

Thanks travis, tell your friends!

Proudly tracking via WootStalker.com                                                                                                           (8:11 AM, 7/9/2010) Jeus framed the first letter of its kind

DJTweekNYC

quality posts: 4 Private Messages DJTweekNYC
Re: Some Things Will Never Change

Hey guys... Tony Odysseyroc re-colored this for me. I won't be subbing this to the derby but you can check it out on my blog http://apsketches.blogspot.com or by clicking the blog button below. He did an amazing job!

rkenimer

quality posts: 3 Private Messages rkenimer
Re: It's My Favorite!

Waaaaah! Its not in the fog! Everyone VOTE!

Apparently it's fashionable to have a signature.

Fujiko

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Fujiko
jboshaw wrote:it's really fun. if you want to read more about (and/or if you start playing it, this is your "cheat sheet") check this out:
http://kol.coldfront.net/thekolwiki/index.php/Main_Page

This. (Whoever you are reading this, Boots or not-Boots.) I'm sure a lot of us would be willing to answer questions and stuff - seems like there's a lot of crossover between the communities.

Also, this is adorable, NPZR reference or not. Voted!

sTyLeS

quality posts: 9 Private Messages sTyLeS
alis0ntalb0t wrote:I thought it was RamyB, too. Funny since I couldn't tell RamyB's actual design was his this week.

Great job JLEGOS!

It's actually a jlegos and ramyb collab.
Ramyb already mentioned in the other jlegos submission threads that he helps him out.

travisk02

quality posts: 4 Private Messages travisk02
Re: Zombie Zone Ahead

I had a similar shirt idea but it's been done so many times before... and yours looks eerily similar to this design. Shenanigans?!

"Expect to get shot down often and hard." -- teh Great TT

npromero

quality posts: 0 Private Messages npromero
travisk02 wrote:I had a similar shirt idea but it's been done so many times before... and yours looks eerily similar to this design. Shenanigans?!

Oh balls!
I was so busy looking at street signs on google I didn't think about looking for zombie street signs. Gerr... This the best I've ever done, now I'm kinda sad.

bluetuba

quality posts: 58 Private Messages bluetuba
DoublEE wrote:Standards...personal agendas...blind hate...whatever.

It's almost like you are trolling! HAH!

"You can't just dress a Minion like Spock, and add a caption that says "Logical Me". There's a prison for people like that. Below my house."

mrscat206

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mrscat206
Re: Rule No.1: Cardio

My husband loves this movie. Any time we're watching a fight scene he always quotes: "Cardio and doubletap!" - I'd buy this for him in a second.

grrlmarvel

Re: Rule No.1: Cardio

This would be me... except I would be wishing for like a hover-round.

Spiritgreen

quality posts: 217 Private Messages Spiritgreen
jmmbell1987 wrote:C'mon, SG. It's both off-theme and a rehash of the same concept he's done about 5,491 times. There' not much cool about it.

What can I say, there's something about that green that I dig. It's not my favorite art in the derby or anything, and I didn't love Ramy's previous DNA design aside from the color choices.

...My gf has been wearing a lot of Ramy shirts lately. Maybe there's a positive association building up there. Haha. ^_^

BootsBoots

quality posts: 37 Private Messages BootsBoots
Fujiko wrote:This. (Whoever you are reading this, Boots or not-Boots.) I'm sure a lot of us would be willing to answer questions and stuff - seems like there's a lot of crossover between the communities.

Also, this is adorable, NPZR reference or not. Voted!

It seems like it's something really fun that would suck all my time. I kind of have a game addiction problem. Don't tempt me!*

*I'm sure I'll eventually be tempted enough and then I will send you a barrage of message about it.

carol2bs1grl

quality posts: 7 Private Messages carol2bs1grl
chumpmagic wrote:
I don't speak for everyone, but my whole thought on the matter is more involved in the "revenge" aspect and not the "they are not alive." In the cupcake design, the pun/ the joke/ the concept/ the design does not work if the cupcakes weren't animated as zombies. In this design, the pun/ the joke/ the concept/ the design works whether the cookies are zombies or not.

bluejester wrote:
I might have missed this in the thread, but has anyone mentioned the possibility of other muppets as zombies making for a better take on the shirt? I know that the premise of the joke hinges on the cookies coming after Cookie Monster, but maybe that is the whole reason why I just am not digging on the design as much as I might want to.

I agree with the above posters. It's not the "cookies aren't alive" issue....it's that the "zombies" aren't going after their same species, like the cupcakes, people, fruit, etc are. If he wanted to have zombie cookies going after other cookies....then at least the off topic debate wouldn't have been brought.

Just my $0.02

[urlhttp://imagecache.w00t.com/?url=http://d3gqasl9vmjfd8.cloudfront.net/b5502c28-f049-480e-a59b-f63eded1a6a7.png[/url]

dreamwootseeker

quality posts: 2 Private Messages dreamwootseeker
sTyLeS wrote:It's actually a jlegos and ramyb collab.
Ramyb already mentioned in the other jlegos submission threads that he helps him out.

Looks more like a Ramy design submitted under someone else's name. First thought when I saw the "eyes".

taternuggets

quality posts: 22 Private Messages taternuggets
Re: Z day

Too bad there is No this weel.

I swear they just have monkeys banging on keyboards over there at woot.

Nothing follows.

Misskari

quality posts: 8 Private Messages Misskari
Re: Brains are Peasant Food

This is the only zombie that I'm not terrified of. In fact, I'd invite this gent in for a drink. Love the classy toned down palette.

Hoping this design gets the Taco Cat treatment. :D

stingray69

quality posts: 4 Private Messages stingray69

Wow, this is crazy. Can we possibly get a larger image to gawk at?

posegate

quality posts: 0 Private Messages posegate
Re: Run.

Um... this is beautiful. What a great moon! It feels hopeless and it makes me out of breath. It is so engaging.

alephnull2k1

quality posts: 1 Private Messages alephnull2k1
midgerock wrote:I beg to differ but I can see you'll debate the point even though you're wrong. There's a vast difference between a phoenix and a zombie. Phoenixes are reborn from ashes to full life as they were prior to molting and dying in a burst of flame. I don't need to reference a dictionary to confirm that and use the words in a semanitic twist as you did. Zombies are dead and then brought back but not to life but unlife or as most would say "undead" They're not quite living and not quite dead. Again the point still stands this is a phoenix with a word balloon with a brain to make it be on theme and nothing more.

As to my design, the design would still read whether there was a brain for the cake or not. As to this design, it would not.

I dunno...the missing gobbets of flesh in the skull and the white-out eyes spoke "zombie" to me, even without the brain-bubble...I actually had to go back and "get" the phoenix part.

anguyen629

quality posts: 0 Private Messages anguyen629

what exactly is the problem with this design...?

tgentry

quality posts: 111 Private Messages tgentry

Staff

anguyen629 wrote:what exactly is the problem with this design...?

Sorry, that should read 'no text this week'.

kwyjibo73

quality posts: 4 Private Messages kwyjibo73

hahahaaha!!!! +1!

ChronoSquall14

quality posts: 39 Private Messages ChronoSquall14
Re: Zombie Lord

Satisfyingly creepy. That's the best shirt to wear every October I have ever seen.

cookieomonster

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cookieomonster
Re: Cookie Monsters

Love the idea, screw all the rest of the comments. This shirt idea is great and the cookies do look like zombies. To the guy saying that the one species eating the other is wrong, just look at the vast amount of zombie dogs in various movies. Who cares if the cookies were never alive, the personification of food items is always a favorite of mine.

The only problem I have is don't liek black shirts although I think it looks good for the design. You got my vote!

Cookie O'Monster

ChaosDoctor07

quality posts: 9 Private Messages ChaosDoctor07
Re: Day of the BRAAAAAAAAAAINS

Unlikely it'll get into the fog at this point, but, at the very least, I truly hope this gets an Honorable Mention. It certainly deserves it.

"Don't believe´╗┐ in the you who believes in me. Don't believe in the me who believes in you. Believe in the you who believes in yourself."

leprechaungirl

quality posts: 2 Private Messages leprechaungirl
grrlmarvel wrote:This would be me... except I would be wishing for like a hover-round.

LMAO!!! Me too... except if we're going for the Zombieland theory... The Zombies run in Zombieland and they don't get tired! So I think I'd want the bike in this senario. Those Hover-Rounds just don't move very fast.

bonkers4disney

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bonkers4disney

Really wish this would print......LOVE IT!

yellowwducky

quality posts: 0 Private Messages yellowwducky
utterdamnnonsense wrote:that's my favorite part of the broccoli to eat too... mm, broccoli brains... makin' me hungry...

I pray this comes up to buy, its fantastic!

Caddywompus

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Caddywompus
stingray69 wrote:Wow, this is crazy. Can we possibly get a larger image to gawk at?

Heck ya you can

*jazz hands*

krouth

quality posts: 2 Private Messages krouth
Re: Cookie Monsters

I like it! I don't usually say that about Ramy's designs, but this is well done and funny.

caylab

quality posts: 0 Private Messages caylab

WHEN 9 LIVES AREN'T ENOUGH...

Thanks for Viewing my submission

sTyLeS

quality posts: 9 Private Messages sTyLeS

profbrendan

quality posts: 7 Private Messages profbrendan
Re: Barrel of Zombies

Wonderful, wonderful work. Like everyone else said, design, placement, artwork, all great.

khenrie

quality posts: 1 Private Messages khenrie
Re: Even Shawn is Gone

I love this shirt & must have it - I hope you're a winner!

citizencoyote

quality posts: 42 Private Messages citizencoyote
mhrodrig wrote:
The "zombie" in the background looks like a serial killer in a hoodie (sans weapon).

Makes me think of the video game series Left 4 Dead.

graffd02

quality posts: 1 Private Messages graffd02

no text... only clever use of objects...