jdkay20

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jdkay20
Re: Mutation

Wow i have to have this shirt. Great job.

nostalgicsymphony

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nostalgicsymphony
Re: In Case Of Undead

The text would have made it more effective. But I would totally buy this shirt. It satisfies my zombie humor needs.

sTyLeS

quality posts: 9 Private Messages sTyLeS
taternuggets wrote:Could only speculate for which reason this will be rejected. There are several.

The rejection will probably say something like "off topic, more than 6 colors, gradients, please see submission page for instructions"

taternuggets

quality posts: 22 Private Messages taternuggets
sTyLeS wrote:The rejection will probably say something like "off topic, more than 6 colors, gradients, please see submission page for instructions"

comp doesn't match thumbnail...

Nothing follows.

sTyLeS

taternuggets wrote:comp doesn't match thumbnail...

completely forgot that one

skirochester

quality posts: 4 Private Messages skirochester
Re: Trapped

gmv. incredible illustration & coloring. deserves a print

skirochester

quality posts: 4 Private Messages skirochester
Re: Rule No.1: Cardio

simple and great. love it! gmv.

yakimikku

quality posts: 0 Private Messages yakimikku
Re: Zombie dolls are like zombies

This is my first derby submission!! Give me your critic!

sTyLeS

Re: Zombie dolls are like zombies

You list 6 colors but you actually have 7. Forgot to list the gray used in the clouds.
Also appears to have gradients in the comp image...supposed to convert to halftones for all preview images.

profbrendan

quality posts: 7 Private Messages profbrendan
odysseyroc wrote:because I though "hmmm, I should try to make a tree design that is only connected to the theme by the title" I also made the tree zombie green, for good measure. But, I'll keep your suggestion in mind the next time I put a tree design together, when it doesn't really fit the theme.

No no, the tree totally looks like a brain!

ON THEME. I HAVE SPOKEN.

yakimikku

sTyLeS wrote:You list 6 colors but you actually have 7. Forgot to list the gray used in the clouds.
Also appears to have gradients in the comp image...supposed to convert to halftones for all preview images.

Oh okay, I thought the gray would count like the shadowing of the other colors. XD

Okay, I'll have to figure out how to convert to halftones. Is it only for the preview images or do I have to do it for the psd file with the ready-to-go art as well?

Thanks a lot!

zombees

quality posts: 0 Private Messages zombees
Re: The Last Cupcake

This is my favorite entry this derby.

ramyb

quality posts: 20 Private Messages ramyb
chumpmagic wrote:That design was off centered. Someone even provided measurements to prove it. The gummy bears look like bunnies was just a joke, claiming that all his animals look very similar. I will admit, there is a lot of B.S. thrown ramyB's way, but awkwardly, you chose to point out the ones that were actually true...

As for the "cookies aren't zombies" argument (I have stated this before but I will say it again), that is not entirely true. However, what is true is that the cookies don't need to be zombies to sell this joke. This design would have EXACTLY THE SAME EFFECT if they were just normal angry cookies. Can you see why that is confusing to people? And people have every reason to be upset with that because it's greatly bending the rules (even breaking them in some peoples minds) for an idea that is basically guaranteed to generate votes. As I said before, the fact that the cookies are zombies is irrelevant, pointless. It just a poor excuse to stay "on-topic."

It is not irrelevant at all. It is, in fact, the crux of the joke. The cookies are partially eaten. If you imagine they were alive in the first place (which the design clearly implies that they were), then taking a bite out of their heads would kill them. Then they return as zombies because they are coming back from the dead.

sTyLeS

yakimikku wrote:Oh okay, I thought the gray would count like the shadowing of the other colors. XD

Okay, I'll have to figure out how to convert to halftones. Is it only for the preview images or do I have to do it for the psd file with the ready-to-go art as well?

Thanks a lot!

If you're submitting an .ai Illustrator file you can leave the gradients in your submitted file, but if you're submitting a .psd Photoshop file you have to convert that to halftones as well.
It's a fairly recent rule, but they have it listed off to the side on the submission page.

YinofYang

quality posts: 0 Private Messages YinofYang
Re: Ninja Pirate Robot Zombie

Oh, it makes me sad to see that this is no longer in the fog. I sincerely hope you'll be able to get it printed elsewhere because both the hubby and I will buy one in a heartbeat since it reminds us of KoL (even though I know you didn't know about it). :D

yakimikku

sTyLeS wrote:If you're submitting an .ai Illustrator file you can leave the gradients in your submitted file, but if you're submitting a .psd Photoshop file you have to convert that to halftones as well.
It's a fairly recent rule, but they have it listed off to the side on the submission page.

Gotcha, I see that. I saw it before but I didn't understand it. Now I do though--thanks a lot sTyLeS!

I think this was a good practice run, figuring out what I need to do--I hope I can throw up something real nice next time!

coltsfan182006

quality posts: 24 Private Messages coltsfan182006

I like this shirt because the cupcake on top reminds me of Woody Harrelson and the others are the zombies. Had to make a Zombieland reference.

sTyLeS

yakimikku wrote:Gotcha, I see that. I saw it before but I didn't understand it. Now I do though--thanks a lot sTyLeS!

I think this was a good practice run, figuring out what I need to do--I hope I can throw up something real nice next time!

You're welcome.
Plus it helps to get your design submitted way earlier. Submitting it on a Tuesday doesn't leave you much time to get votes before the voting ends. If you're able to get it up on Friday then that's usually the best.

icatalan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages icatalan
Re: If I Only Had a Brain

I HOPE THIS ONE WINS A SPOT. I want this shirt sooooo bad!!!

sTyLeS

sTyLeS wrote:You're welcome.
Plus it helps to get your design submitted way earlier. Submitting it on a Tuesday doesn't leave you much time to get votes before the voting ends. If you're able to get it up on Friday then that's usually the best.

But also, I'm not sure if you want to be taking advice from me. Just something to keep in mind.
This was the worst derby for me ever. Kind of sad. :P

pixelmania

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pixelmania
paigeg wrote:That IS a bird-brain. Worms don't have brains, per se, but a rudimentary ganglia. Cute and funny though.

Thanks, I like the way you read the image Paigeg. Yes, I guess the bird really is a bird brain because he can't tell a brain from a piece of worm.

After, I made the image....I did wonder whether it made sense, but as you said it's just a bit of fun really.

Thanks for the interest, it's my first submission on w00t.

Jeni0816

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Jeni0816
Re: Scare-a-lot

I so want this to print!!!!!

yakimikku

sTyLeS wrote:But also, I'm not sure if you want to be taking advice from me. Just something to keep in mind.
This was the worst derby for me ever. Kind of sad. :P

Yeah, I realized that, I'll submit earlier/act more quickly next time if I think of a good idea right away.

Haha, it's okay--your advice has been helpful! Sorry to hear that it didn't work out for you this week, good luck next time! I'll keep an eye out for your work.

mhrodrig

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mhrodrig
ramyb wrote:It is not irrelevant at all. It is, in fact, the crux of the joke. The cookies are partially eaten. If you imagine they were alive in the first place (which the design clearly implies that they were), then taking a bit out of their heads would kill them. Then they return as zombies because they are coming back from the dead.

I cannot agree with several points of your scenario:

1. Killing something, but leaving a body, does NOT make it a zombie. If there was a human zombie infestation and you shoot a uninfected human in the heart, killing him, he doesn't magically become part of the Zombie Uprising. I understand that zombies are myths and as such have varying lores associated with them, but you cannot just change rules to suit your "joke".

2. If that were the case... If biting a cookie in the head and leaving the body creates a zombie, then that dispells one of the fundamental attributes of the zombie folklore. Most (if not all) zombie stories involve killing a zombie by either decapitation or severe brain trauma. I have yet to see a headless zombie.

3. Zombie folklore also dictates that zombies only feed on thier own kind or on "lesser species". Granted I have yet to see any inaminate or animal zombie flicks (as I am sure you have seen several), I am positive that the Generic Blue Beast That Feeds on Cookies should be fine in this scenario. He would just let the cookies fight it out and have his pick of the dead, lifeless cookie bodies.

perryn

quality posts: 0 Private Messages perryn
JRWorkshop wrote:Awesome!!!

Thanks!

p0werline

quality posts: 0 Private Messages p0werline
midgerock wrote:thanks for the shout paige. I'm pretty stoked on how that cam out as well. looks great.
BTW, I got another design runnin' at teefury soon. Don't have date yet but its the orginal office space design. Pretty excited.

Really bummed that neither of your designs are climbing, I love both of them.

midgerock

quality posts: 6 Private Messages midgerock
p0werline wrote:Really bummed that neither of your designs are climbing, I love both of them.

Thanks p0werline, I wish there were more voters like you who felt the same.

sTyLeS

midgerock wrote:Thanks p0werline, I wish there were more voters like you who felt the same.

I'm one of em. Would love to having a boxing shirt from woot.

LunaJuliet

quality posts: 0 Private Messages LunaJuliet
Re: Scare-a-lot

I love this so much. I hope its printed. =]

cdrewlow

quality posts: 9 Private Messages cdrewlow
Re: Morning Fix

I just now realized you had two versions of this! I guess the "version 2" on the other one should have given it away. Anyway, they're both great and I love how the coffee fixes everything.

SunnyLea0

quality posts: 14 Private Messages SunnyLea0
alephnull2k1 wrote:I dunno...the missing gobbets of flesh in the skull and the white-out eyes spoke "zombie" to me, even without the brain-bubble...I actually had to go back and "get" the phoenix part.

Nah, white-out eyes are a RamyB thing. Many of his designs feature them, zombie or not.

Thought people have in the past complained about them, saying they make his woodland creatures look like zombies, so...

jasneko

quality posts: 30 Private Messages jasneko
Re: The fallen Powerups - Back from the Pit
thumperchick wrote:I like this one. I would really like to have a red t-shirt and this totally fits my bill. +1

Thanks thumperchick!

Vote!

cherylfrancis

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cherylfrancis

candyisit

quality posts: 0 Private Messages candyisit

I bake cakes, cupcakes, and other treats so this would be a great shirt to wear during a time when I'm serving cupcakes!

chumpmagic

quality posts: 9 Private Messages chumpmagic
ramyb wrote:It is not irrelevant at all. It is, in fact, the crux of the joke. The cookies are partially eaten. If you imagine they were alive in the first place (which the design clearly implies that they were), then taking a bite out of their heads would kill them. Then they return as zombies because they are coming back from the dead.

Well in my opinion and I assume everyone else's, "the crux of the joke" is that the cookies are attacking the cookie monster, seeking revenge. It's a story of the predator becoming the pray. Wether they are alive, anger cookies or undead, angry cookies actually plays no part in the matter. The cookies are pissed and are out to get the cookie monster with their power in numbers. Honestly, if you remove the "zombie" aspect of this design, this design remains unchanged at the core. I don't think I can say that about any other unrejected design in this derby.

And I didn't mean to even dive this deep into this argument, but I just making the point that if people feel the "cookies aren't zombie," then they are correct. The cookies could be anything the viewer wanted to be as long as they are angry, attacking cookies.

RandomLynx

quality posts: 5 Private Messages RandomLynx
Re: If I Only Had a Brain

I laughed so loud when I saw this one, it has to win!

Rudolpho

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Rudolpho
chumpmagic wrote:Well in my opinion and I assume everyone else's, "the crux of the joke" is that the cookies are attacking the cookie monster, seeking revenge. It's a story of the predator becoming the pray. Wether they are alive, anger cookies or undead, angry cookies actually plays no part in the matter. The cookies are pissed and are out to get the cookie monster with their power in numbers. Honestly, if you remove the "zombie" aspect of this design, this design remains unchanged at the core. I don't think I can say that about any other unrejected design in this derby.

And I didn't mean to even dive this deep into this argument, but I just making the point that if people feel the "cookies aren't zombie," then they are correct. The cookies could be anything the viewer wanted to be as long as they are angry, attacking cookies.

why isn't there anything like this about the unicorn eating a rainbow...clearly rainbows are not alive...unicorns aren't real...if they were both alive they would be different spiecies...and yet ramy gets all the hate

frankentoast

quality posts: 0 Private Messages frankentoast
Re: Playtime!!!

Thanks guys, glad you like it!

boarderking133

quality posts: 0 Private Messages boarderking133

clever

hiimjered

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hiimjered
caylab wrote:WHEN 9 LIVES AREN'T ENOUGH...

Thanks for Viewing my submission

I think this is a great concept. I like the contrast between the cute kitten and the fact that it is a zombie.

Nice.