Narfcake

quality posts: 289 Private Messages Narfcake

Day #2 isn't even over with, and as of this moment, another 2,000 has sold. This has got to be a new record.

Considering that the reckoning's rank is over a 4-week daily average, this is guaranteed a #1 spot for the next 4 weeks ... if not a lot longer.

CapSea

quality posts: 54 Private Messages CapSea
elviswind wrote:Woot printers are going to have to put in some overtime . . . at the rate it's going today, I wouldn't be surprised if it sells another 3000. Combine that with having to print both sides. Yikes!

Video game shirts aren't my thing and I've never played Portal, but Bass definitely deserves some kudos for coming up with such a popular design.

It should help that it's only being sold in XXXXXL. HAHA! Gamer joke.

CapSea

quality posts: 54 Private Messages CapSea
bassanimation wrote:Thanks again for your comments and purchases of the Portal mouse, everyone! I hope everyone enjoys the print

Those who missed it today can buy it in about 10 mins, woo! Fat, dancing Roxy rat will give you kisses! <3 <3 <3

Congrats on your new found wealth. Let me know if you need any help bathing in money, or if you someone to take the weight of all that cash out of your pocket. I'm happy to lend my services. Yes, I really am that generous.

G3iMacMan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages G3iMacMan
jeevesofrkdia wrote:Can someone help decode the message? It's a puzzle and a later-levels-of-Portal kind of puzzle, at that.

In the entire history of video games, there aren't very|
|many that literally changed how people think. And|
|not just thinking in the sense of "where in God's name can|
|they have hidden the red key this time?" but thinking in |
|the sense of "wait, if I grow lungs I can live on land?"|
|Something like Doom or Quake or even|
|Joust, those are games we could all play in a|
|warehouse if we really wanted to. Maybe we don't have|
|flying ostriches, but we could dress up sheepdogs or|
|something. But when you're playing a game that literally|
|is based around the idea that you can make a hole in|
|the game... man. That's something that you can only do|
|in the computer. How could you walk through a warehouse|
|wall and then fall through the ceiling in the real world?|
|We all get a little bit closer to the singularity today,|
|ladies and gentlemen. Unless, of course, it sucks. Then|
|it's just a crappy game from some sellouts who need to get|
|off their butts and make a new Half-Life.

Wear this shirt: and namecheck|Narbacular Drop. You'll look like a videogame hipster.|
Don’t wear this shirt: |on bring-your- daughter-to-work day.|
This shirt tells the world: |"Despite all my rage I am still just a rat in a cage. |
We call this color: |Asphalt.|
Design Placement: Center

yankeebird

quality posts: 7 Private Messages yankeebird

You've made more money off this shirt in two days than my boyfriend and I have made working for two months. That's both incredibly depressing yet really awesome. Congrats.

Tiamat114

quality posts: 48 Private Messages Tiamat114

Wow, is it wrong to say I kinda want to see another 3,000 shirts sell today just to sate my own curiosity if its possible that they still only sell 3,000 shirts a day even after its debut?

stephenelliot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages stephenelliot
jeevesofrkdia wrote:Can someone help decode the message? It's a puzzle and a later-levels-of-Portal kind of puzzle, at that.

The best I can manage:
In the entire history of video games, there aren't very||many that literally changed how people think. And||not just thinking in the sense of "where in God's name can||they have hidden the red key this time?" but thinking in ||the sense of "wait, if I grow lungs I can live on land?"|
|Something like Doom or Quake or even||Joust, those are games we could all play in a||warehouse if we really wanted to. Maybe we don't have||flying ostriches, but we could dress up sheepdogs or||something. But when you're playing a game that literally||is based around the idea that you can make a hole in||the game... man. That's something that you can only do||in the computer. How could you walk through a warehouse||wall and then fall through the ceiling in the real world?| |We all get a little bit closer to the singularity today,| ladies and gentlemen. Unless, of course, it sucks. Then||it's just a crappy game from some sellouts who need to get||off their butts and make a new Half-Life.

Narbacular Drop. You'll look like a |videogame hipster. on bring-your-| daughter-to-work||day.
and namecheck
"Despite all my rage I am|| still just a rat in a cage|

Asphal||t.

Maybe somebody can put the rest together

alfbo

quality posts: 12 Private Messages alfbo
Tiamat114 wrote:Wow, is it wrong to say I kinda want to see another 3,000 shirts sell today just to sate my own curiosity if its possible that they still only sell 3,000 shirts a day even after its debut?

It's already sold 2100+ so far, so it looks like you may get your wish!

Imposter Pete was Unprepared for the Almost Human Nightmare Cuckoo Clock. The Walrus and Eggmen were the Height of Envy at the Monkey Bar. See the DJ spinning records on a Flora Phonograph while simultaneously playing Rock, Paper, Scissorhold.

j5

quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5

Can someone PLEASE put a stop to all the decodes?!? please???

move along

sparrowhawk69

quality posts: 65 Private Messages sparrowhawk69

The Cheese is a Liederkranz total sales
Day one 4/19/2011 sold out at 3000
Day two 4/20/2011 sold 2482
Day three 4/21/11 sold 713 total 6195

at the end of week one:
Last purchase time: Monday, April 25, 2011, 11:51:44 PM Central Time
Order pace: 1m 14.513s
Woot wage: $268.08
Woots sold: 8110

Captain Polly Hates Crackers total sales
Day one 4/20/2011 sold 1499
Day two 4/21/2011 sold 21 total 1520
Bad News Bear total sales
Day one 4/21/2011 sold 912
I wonder how many times if ever a sold out shirt on it's second day has topped the first day sales when they were this high or if one has ever sold almost a thousand more on it's second day than the current shirt.

Sparrowhawk69 is in therapy for seeing bunnies everywhere & is currently a member of R.A.B.B.I.T. : "RamyB All Bunnies Because I'm Trippin" anonymous.

bandgeek24

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bandgeek24

Dang it all! I totally woulda bought this, sept I was at the midnight portal release. Then I played it all day so I never even thought about checking Woot! And i don't want to pay 15 haha

awhuy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages awhuy

I like how woot likes to rub salt in the wound of all the people who didn't get the first 3000 shirts.

"For some reason, yesterday's shirt, The Cheese Is A Liedekranz, was the fastest-selling Shirt.Woot tee in two years, with 3000 units sold by 1:43 AM Central. We're not really sure what happened there - our computer was, uh, tied up with something else all day - but we know dollar signs when we see them. "

bakbam

quality posts: 3 Private Messages bakbam

Congrats on the sales of the shirt!

obliviousheadbanger

quality posts: 0 Private Messages obliviousheadbanger
midga59 wrote:Okay, I seriously can't be the only person who saw Portal and said, "Oh neat, another game like Narbacular Drop." It was nice to see those guys get a break like that.

It's like narbacular drop because Valve hired the people who made narbacular drop and then they made portal. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Narbacular_Drop)
Portal 2 actually makes reference to the game in one of it's achievements.

ddrfreak21

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ddrfreak21

I would refer anyone who bought this shirt to another I found that's just as good.

http://sharkrobot.com/t-shirts/aperture-science-experiment

Cmersman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Cmersman

Had to buy one after the awesomeness that is Portal 2

Narfcake

... and 6,000 is cleared. On day 3.

sparrowhawk69

Narfcake wrote:... and 6,000 is cleared. On day 3.

And a thousand bucks for the 1st three thousand & six thousand bucks for the 2nd three thousand & a marriage proposal from me for Bass.

Sparrowhawk69 is in therapy for seeing bunnies everywhere & is currently a member of R.A.B.B.I.T. : "RamyB All Bunnies Because I'm Trippin" anonymous.

SkekTek

quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek

See Woot? Portal as a meme is far from over. Despite the hate for the cake shirt all those shirts ago..

Love the shirt, Bass, and glad to see it doing so well... scary good sales.

Stercrazy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Stercrazy
sparrowhawk69 wrote:... & a marriage proposal from me for Bass.

Sorry man. Your too late.

j5

quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5

My original post was likely lost in the mire of TL;DR writeup decodes, so I'll post again.

What was the genesis of this shirt (i.e. how did it come to be)?
Considering it is a 2-sided shirt, was it a commissioned design, modified from an original submission, sales pitch from Bass?

thanks.

move along

emb1995

quality posts: 0 Private Messages emb1995
tbwulf wrote:I demand a walkthrough on today's write up.

The write up is missing a quotation mark too... That is not a lie!

cmagg

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cmagg

Where are his hind legs. Looks like someone doesn't understand the concept of Portal.

chennai8

quality posts: 2 Private Messages chennai8
j5 wrote:My original post was likely lost in the mire of TL;DR writeup decodes, so I'll post again.

What was the genesis of this shirt (i.e. how did it come to be)?
Considering it is a 2-sided shirt, was it a commissioned design, modified from an original submission, sales pitch from Bass?
thanks.

There were two sided designs before,
http://shirt.woot.com/Friends.aspx?k=10063
http://shirt.woot.com/friends.aspx?k=9475

I guess, this is a regular daily submission from Ms.Bass and brilliant timing.

Congratz! Bass!

neyfam2000 wrote:Woot!--going from "Deal-a-day" to "Site-a-day"

killersquirel11

quality posts: 0 Private Messages killersquirel11

Kinda makes me think of Ben Heck's portal T-shirt (2 LCDs + 2 Cameras = realistic portal effect)

(link here)

viscosity2004

quality posts: 7 Private Messages viscosity2004

For those of you who bought it on the debut day, is the tracking # working for you? Typically, I'll get the tracking # & it will work right away, but FedEx isn't recognizing the tracking number and I got it yesterday...

lilwiseace

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lilwiseace
lalaclassic wrote:I is so confused... I feel as if I should know what this is in reference to, but I have no idea, and I have no idea how to read the write up... HELP!

In the entire history of video games, there aren't very||many that literally changed how people think. And||not just thinking in the sense of "where in God's name can||they have hidden the red key this time?" but thinking in ||the sense of "wait, if I grow lungs I can live on land?"||Something like Doom or Quake or even||Joust, those are games we could all play in a||warehouse if we really wanted to. Maybe we don't have||flying ostriches, but we could dress up sheepdogs or||something. But when you're playing a game that literally||is based around the idea that you can make a hole in||the game... man. That's something that you can only do||in the computer. How could you walk through a warehouse||wall and then fall through the ceiling in the real world?||We all get a little bit closer to the singularity today,||ladies and gentlemen. Unless, of course, it sucks. Then||it's just a crappy game from some sellouts who need to get||off their butts and make a new Half-Life.

I am pretty sure that is the message

fofo57007

quality posts: 0 Private Messages fofo57007
viscosity2004 wrote:For those of you who bought it on the debut day, is the tracking # working for you? Typically, I'll get the tracking # & it will work right away, but FedEx isn't recognizing the tracking number and I got it yesterday...

Mine isn't working either

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 589 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

fofo57007 wrote:Mine isn't working either

It can take a day or two for FedEx to get the packages scanned and their systems updated. I wouldn't start fretting too much yet.

You can also track your package via your order number. A link to instructions to that and more are in my signature.

Give it through end-of-day Tuesday (FedEx residential doesn't deliver on Mondays). If you haven't seen an update by them, feel free to email service@woot.com.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

sparrowhawk69

ctmcswain buys # 7500 just 7 minutes before midnight on the 5th day putting Bass at 10 thousand bucks. I say woo-whoo!

Geemge

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Geemge

I just wanna say thank you for allowing us to get this! I was up till 3am that nite and missed out!!! One more gargleblaster! So sad =( But now all my dreams come true! wuwu!

matrd37

quality posts: 0 Private Messages matrd37

In the entire history of video games, there aren’t very many that literally changed how people think. And not just thinking in the sense of “where in God’s name can they have hidden the red key this time?” but thinking in the sense of “wait, if I grow lungs I can live on land?” Something like Doom or Quake or even Joust, those are games we could all play in a warehouse if we really wanted to. Maybe we don’t have flying ostriches, but we could dress up sheepdogs or something. But when you’re playing a game that literally is based around the idea that you can make a hole in the game… man. That’s something that you can only do in the computer. How could you walk through a warehouse wall and then fall through the ceiling into the real world? We all get a little bit closer to the singularity today, ladies and gentlemen. Unless, of course, it sucks. Then it’s just a crappy game from some sellouts who need to get off their butts and make a new Half-Life.

Wear this shirt: and namecheck Narbacular Drop. You’ll look like a videogame hipster.

Don’t wear this shirt: on bring your daughter to work day.

This shirt tells the world: “Despite all my rage I am still just a rat in a cage.”

We call this color: Asphalt.

You're welcome.

Narfcake

... and as of this posting, it just cleared 8000.

logicbocks

quality posts: 0 Private Messages logicbocks

curse you blurb writer! I had to unscramble the text before I could order.

I hate you the most!

amreli

quality posts: 8 Private Messages amreli

Congrats Bass on surpassing 8000! So awesome!

harbingerodoom

quality posts: 0 Private Messages harbingerodoom

In the entire history of video games, there aren't very|
|many that literally changed how people think. And|
|not just thinking in the sense of "where in God's name can|
|they have hidden the red key this time?" but thinking in |
|the sense of "wait, if I grow lungs I can live on land?"|
|Something like Doom or Quake or even|
|Joust, those are games we could all play in a|
|warehouse if we really wanted to. Maybe we don't have|
|flying ostriches, but we could dress up sheepdogs or|
|something. But when you're playing a game that literally|
|is based around the idea that you can make a hole in|
|the game... man. That's something that you can only do|
|in the computer. How could you walk through a warehouse|
|wall and then fall through the ceiling in the real world?|
|We all get a little bit closer to the singularity today,|
|ladies and gentlemen. Unless, of course, it sucks. Then|
|it's just a crappy game from some sellouts who need to get|
|off their butts and make a new Half-Life.

Wear this shirt: and namecheck Narbacular Drop. You’ll look like a videogame hipster
Don’t wear this shirt: on bring-your-daughter to work day.
This shirt tells the world: "Despite all my rage I am still just a rat in a cage.”
We call this color: Asphalt.

kantide

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kantide

Has anyone gotten their tracking # for this shirt yet? Normally I get that info pretty quickly, and nothing this time.
I had to get it when I saw it was back on sale.

Narfcake

kantide wrote:Has anyone gotten their tracking # for this shirt yet? Normally I get that info pretty quickly, and nothing this time.
I had to get it when I saw it was back on sale.

Not for this, but I've received all the tracking numbers yesterday for the other shirts I ordered from last Friday to Monday.

They might be backlogged on the printing for Cheese, though. Two sided, so it takes twice as long, and as you know, it's a very popular shirt.

kantide

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kantide
Narfcake wrote:Not for this, but I've received all the tracking numbers yesterday for the other shirts I ordered from last Friday to Monday.

They might be backlogged on the printing for Cheese, though. Two sided, so it takes twice as long, and as you know, it's a very popular shirt.

Okies thanks for that. I also have other tracking #'s for my other orders I put in day before yesterday. So good to know, thanks again.

Kasona

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Kasona

WAHOO!! My shirt and my copy of Portal 2 both arrived in the mail today!

I would have posted this message earlier, but my computer has been rather, uh, busy with something else all night...