pugley

quality posts: 1 Private Messages pugley

Got an email from the Amazon Overlords with a link to buy this shirt. Should sell like crazy today.

melfox86

quality posts: 3 Private Messages melfox86

I have never played portal, but this shirt convinced me to buy portal 2- so I can wear it without feeling like a lie. Great shirt!!!

shay7

quality posts: 0 Private Messages shay7

I just got this in the mail today and I was all smiles. Thanks, Bass, for making such an excellent shirt! My Portal-loving friends will be so jealous. ^_^

wkkunkle

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wkkunkle

Alright .. so ... how much money has bass made off of this shirt now? I'm still not clear on the exact terms ...

As of this post, it says 9044 shirts were sold. So, that is $1000 for the first 3k shirts and then $2 commission for each one thereafter? So, $12.088 + $1000 = $13,088 so far???

Just curious and amazed at the success!

Congrats!!!!!!

blanked

quality posts: 10 Private Messages blanked
wkkunkle wrote:Alright .. so ... how much money has bass made off of this shirt now? I'm still not clear on the exact terms ...

Congrats!!!!!!

From the FAQ

Let's get to the important part: do the winners get paid?
Of course. What kind of deadbeats do you think we are? The designers of the entries that we sell will receive $1,000 each, plus $2 for every shirt sold after the first day.

So for the first day 3000 sold, delete that from the current total and multiply by 2.

Edit: aww, no picts of the shirt yet.

djlushious

quality posts: 0 Private Messages djlushious

Okay, would someone be able to assist me with a very frustrating issue? I purchased this t-shirt and FedEx for, a completely unexplained reason by them, didn't even bother delivering it to me. Instead, they sent it back to Woot. It made it to the local FedEx shipping hub by my house, but then FedEx just went and sent it back to Woot.

I've not received a refund for the t-shirt, and I'm not even interested in that as an option. Will Woot be able to send me the shirt again? Have all hopes for rocking this shirt while playing Portal 2 been dashed?!

wkkunkle

djlushious wrote:Okay, would someone be able to assist me with a very frustrating issue? I purchased this t-shirt and FedEx for, a completely unexplained reason by them, didn't even bother delivering it to me. Instead, they sent it back to Woot. It made it to the local FedEx shipping hub by my house, but then FedEx just went and sent it back to Woot.

I've not received a refund for the t-shirt, and I'm not even interested in that as an option. Will Woot be able to send me the shirt again? Have all hopes for rocking this shirt while playing Portal 2 been dashed?!

http://shirt.woot.com/WriteUs.aspx

mztuhbrandon

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mztuhbrandon

i'm kind of aggravated, i ordered the shirt within the first hour of the first day it came out. i still havent received it yet and tracking is telling me that it just left texas fedex post.. it normally doesn't take this long.. i dont understand why its taking so long :|

obliviousheadbanger

quality posts: 0 Private Messages obliviousheadbanger

I bought this shirt and got it in the mail the other day. When I went to put it on today I noticed there is a hole in the seam of the left shoulder. I've bought a good number of shirts from shirt.woot, but this is the first time this has ever happened. Just wondering if someone can point me in the right direction. I'm hoping to just get a replacement shirt, because this shirt is awesome.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 620 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

obliviousheadbanger wrote:I bought this shirt and got it in the mail the other day. When I went to put it on today I noticed there is a hole in the seam of the left shoulder. I've bought a good number of shirts from shirt.woot, but this is the first time this has ever happened. Just wondering if someone can point me in the right direction. I'm hoping to just get a replacement shirt, because this shirt is awesome.

Sorry about that. You should email service@woot.com. An order number speeds things up and a picture is worth 1000 words. They'll set things right for you.

Just watch your junk/spam folders if you don't see a response in a reasonable time (usually same or next business day).

To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

mztuhbrandon

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mztuhbrandon

has everyone received their shirt except for me?

doggware

quality posts: 0 Private Messages doggware

Well, I ordered this shirt last Thursday. I clicked the $5 thing to "get it tomorrow (Friday)" as it read on the web page. My card was charged.

Nothing on Friday for this or the other two shirts I ordered to be here on Friday.

The other two shirts arrived today, which is NOT what I paid for. However Woot simply decided to keep my money and never ship me this shirt.

Several emails to Customer service demanding immediate satisfaction have gone unanswered. They should have been answered within minutes of their being received (and yes I sent them with delivery receipts).

Now I'm involving the Attorneys General of Illinois and Texas, and the BBB.

After all these years, I'm chagrined that Woot has turned to taking money and delivering nothing, or taking extra money with no intention of meeting what the web page said on its face.

doggware

wkkunkle wrote:Alright .. so ... how much money has bass made off of this shirt now? I'm still not clear on the exact terms ...

As of this post, it says 9044 shirts were sold. So, that is $1000 for the first 3k shirts and then $2 commission for each one thereafter? So, $12.088 + $1000 = $13,088 so far???

Congrats!!!!!!

And to think that this person has made $13 grand+ and Woot never shipped the shirts at all, at least from what my experience shows me (see my other posting).

EDIT: On second thought, I hope that Bass gets paid.

doggware

mztuhbrandon wrote:i'm kind of aggravated, i ordered the shirt within the first hour of the first day it came out. i still havent received it yet and tracking is telling me that it just left texas fedex post.. it normally doesn't take this long.. i dont understand why its taking so long :|

You're luckier than I am, assuming that they actually shipped something in the alleged shipment. I paid for overnight shipping on three shirts last Thursday, got the first two today -- FOUR DAYS LATER for those who are counting -- and this shirt wasn't even shipped. But Woot made good and sure to collect money of $5 -- 33% extra -- to deliver the shirt to my door by last Friday AS THE WEB SITE SAID.

Now, what is is when you promise something in writing, inducing the other person to rely upon the promise, and then don't do what you promise in writing, causing the other person losses? Sounds like FRAUD to me.

service@woot com received many messages from me this afternoon and evening and has completely ignored me.

doggware

wkkunkle wrote:http://shirt.woot.com/WriteUs.aspx

Perhaps Fedex sent it back because the envelope had nothing in it. I never even got anything at all for this order, even though I paid extra for Fedex shipping to arrive by the day that the WEB PAGE GUARANTEED of last Friday.

rmorse1977

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rmorse1977

first shirt bought here and how awesome it is

7sneakers7

quality posts: 0 Private Messages 7sneakers7
OtakuRyu wrote:Since SOMEONE'S gonna ask, this is Liederkranz, and this is the reference.

Thank you so much!

doggware

Update time...

I received a note from customer service that said that the "enormous popularity" of the shirt caused it to be "on backorder."

They said they'd refund my $5 overnight fee "in a few days." they also said they'd send me a shipping advice when it shipped.

I am so infuriated. First at Woot, for being ripped off like this -- the site specifically said I'd have the shirt last Friday -- and second at myself for being taken like this.

jockovonred

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jockovonred

Didn't see the hint telling me the answer so I figured out the riddle on my own. Saw the hint and put it all together:
a In the entire history of video games, there aren't very|
p |many that literally changed how people think. And|
c |not just thinking in the sense of "where in God's name can|
i |they have hidden the red key this time?" but thinking in |
g |the sense of "wait, if I grow lungs I can live on land?"|

m |Something like Doom or Quake or even|
h |Joust, those are games we could all play in a|
o |warehouse if we really wanted to. Maybe we don't have|
r |flying ostriches, but we could dress up sheepdogs or|
b |something. But when you're playing a game that literally|
j |is based around the idea that you can make a hole in|
l |the game... man. That's something that you can only do|
f |in the computer. How could you walk through a warehouse|
d |wall and then fall through the ceiling in the real world?|

e |We all get a little bit closer to the singularity today,|
q |ladies and gentlemen. Unless, of course, it sucks. Then|
k |it's just a crappy game from some sellouts who need to get|
s |off their butts and make a new Half-Life.

Wear this shirt: and namecheck
|Narbacular Drop. You'll look like a
|videogame hipster.

Don’t wear this shirt: on bring-your-
|daughter-to-work
|day.

This shirt tells the world: "Despite all my
|rage I am|
|still just a rat in a cage.

We call this color: Asphal
|t.

I'm not the first to do this, but since I spent time doing it (and not searching for the answer first), I figured I'd post to show it for myself.

Got a shirt today using my 'special' code...which brought the total to free for the win!

cycobilly

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cycobilly
doggware wrote:Update time...

I received a note from customer service that said that the "enormous popularity" of the shirt caused it to be "on backorder."

They said they'd refund my $5 overnight fee "in a few days." they also said they'd send me a shipping advice when it shipped.

I am so infuriated. First at Woot, for being ripped off like this -- the site specifically said I'd have the shirt last Friday -- and second at myself for being taken like this.

Seriously, you need to relax. They are refunding your money, so you weren't ripped off. This shirt is hugely popular, probably the most popular in the history of Woot. Therefore it stands to reason that a backorder occurred, especially once it hit the reckoning due to it selling out in about 90 minutes on it's first night. I am sure they will let you cancel the order if that is your wish, which by the sound of it might be your best course of action due to the absolute pain and suffering it is causing you. As far as contacting the Attorney General and the BBB over your impatience on such a trivial matter that in the grand scheme of things was resolved in a rather timely manner, is absolutely ridiculous. It is actions like this that clog up an already overly beauracratic government agency. I'm having a premonition of you burning yourself with fast-food coffee and suing because you didn't know it would be that hot. A word of advice check Woot when it goes up at 1am Est, I did and got my shirt in a very timely manner, ordering off the reckoning in my experience takes much longer.

agingdragqueen

quality posts: 135 Private Messages agingdragqueen

Staff

doggware wrote:Update time...

It's not likely we said it will be refunded within a few days, we probably said we'd refund you and you'd see it in your account within a few days.

Also, your order is still going overnight, we'll just be emailing you tracking as soon as possible.

kantide

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kantide

I got it and one other shirt today. It was worth the wait for it. Now I feel like playing through portal 2 again.

timelessblur

quality posts: 4 Private Messages timelessblur

wow almost 10k shirts in under 2 weeks. Wonder how long it we can keep this rate up.

Narfcake

quality posts: 293 Private Messages Narfcake

... and right as of this post, shirt #10,000 just sold.

timelessblur

quality posts: 4 Private Messages timelessblur
Narfcake wrote:... and right as of this post, shirt #10,000 just sold.

I am hoping it can keep the rate up for other reason than to knock off The Binge as the most shirt sold.

I got in my "The Cheese is a Liederkranz" today and plan on wearing it soon.

virginiatechhokie

quality posts: 0 Private Messages virginiatechhokie

Does anyone else's shirt look brown instead of grey ("asphalt")?

novastarj

quality posts: 31 Private Messages novastarj

Anyone have it yet? I want to see pictures!

Narfcake

virginiatechhokie wrote:Does anyone else's shirt look brown instead of grey ("asphalt")?

Mine's is definitely gray (asphalt).

Have you looked at it under different lighting conditions? Colors do look different under CFL vs. incandescent vs. natural sunlight.

Just a thought ...

jimchum

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jimchum

I bought a size wxl, thinking it was Womens Xtra Large. Not! It must be sized for a child. Fool me once, shame on you!

JimC

greenlightgo722

quality posts: 1 Private Messages greenlightgo722
jimchum wrote:I bought a size wxl, thinking it was Womens Xtra Large. Not! It must be sized for a child. Fool me once, shame on you!

JimC

Yeah, the women's XL shirts are really about a standard medium size - but they do have a sizing chart towards the bottom of the blurb on each sale page - Just for future help :-)

Narfcake

greenlightgo722 wrote:Yeah, the women's XL shirts are really about a standard medium size ...

It's more the other way around, actually - what used to be called XL is now called a medium. Vanity sizing ... Google it.

Woot shirts are made by American Apparel (in Los Angeles, CA and then printed in Carrollton, TX), so if you have any other shirts made by (or on) them, use that for a reference.

ainecful

quality posts: 3 Private Messages ainecful
Narfcake wrote:It's more the other way around, actually - what used to be called XL is now called a medium. Vanity sizing ... Google it.

Woot shirts are made by American Apparel (in Los Angeles, CA and then printed in Carrollton, TX), so if you have any other shirts made by (or on) them, use that for a reference.

O.o....

Are you SURE? I know that's the effect of labeling, but knowing I'm a 16 yr old in an XL (well, what's called a medium) isn't comforting

Slydon

quality posts: 18 Private Messages Slydon

Staff

ainecful wrote:O.o....

Are you SURE? I know that's the effect of labeling, but knowing I'm a 16 yr old in an XL (well, what's called a medium) isn't comforting

In my experience our shirts run a little tighter than others. I've been wearing a large t-shirt since my high school days (which were before you were alive) and my Woot shirts were the first XL's I've ever owned. I'm pretty sure that if you went back in time, your medium would not be their XL.

Hi, I'm one of the writers. My powers are limited but I'll do what I can.

greenlightgo722

quality posts: 1 Private Messages greenlightgo722
Narfcake wrote:It's more the other way around, actually - what used to be called XL is now called a medium. Vanity sizing ... Google it.

But since I can go into any retail store, and buy a "medium" labeled shirt, even from expensive designer brands, whose clothing DOES run smaller (calvin klein, lucky, dkny), I would say, Woot's shirts are not suffering from "vanity sizing". They are simply made much smaller than a standard "XL". American Apparel shirts, regardless of the website they are ordered from, run much smaller in actual measurements.

doggware

agingdragqueen wrote:It's not likely we said it will be refunded within a few days, we probably said we'd refund you and you'd see it in your account within a few days.

Also, your order is still going overnight, we'll just be emailing you tracking as soon as possible.

I received the shirt. I received a nice note apologizing. It's over.

wkkunkle

So ... if (when) Woot does the "Shirt Sale" as part of the Woot Off!, how many more of these do you think will sell??

:D

Adorialea

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Adorialea

I just ordered mine yesterday! It'll go great with my The Cake is a Liar shirt. I wouldn't allow myself to purchase this shirt until I beat Portal 1. Now I'll wear this one while I beat Portal 2!

I do have a question though regarding possible shrinking. I have four shirts from Woot, all XL. Recently I've been losing weight (40 pounds and counting!). Three of my Woot shirts still fit, and look even better than they used to. My most recent shirt I bought though, Henna, fits me a little too large for my liking. I ordered this shirt in an XL like the others. Is there a way to shrink them a bit, if this one fits like Henna? I mean, I still happily wear the Henna shirt, and I'll wear this one with great joy no matter how it looks!

P.S. I do assume, like all shirts, this will shrink slightly in the wash. Just wondering if anyone has ever tried further shrinkage, perhaps in a hot water cycle?

Narfcake

Adorialea wrote:I do assume, like all shirts, this will shrink slightly in the wash. Just wondering if anyone has ever tried further shrinkage, perhaps in a hot water cycle?

Wash hot, dryer on high = maximum shrinkage.

How much it'll shrink, I don't know. I line dry my shirts - zero energy cost FTW.

elislider

quality posts: 0 Private Messages elislider

I would buy this but from a distance (or to the uneducated) the back of shirt just looks like a rat's ass. So... thats kindof a deterrent from being able to wear it much, at least for me.

yankeefan1087

quality posts: 2 Private Messages yankeefan1087
elislider wrote:I would buy this but from a distance (or to the uneducated) the back of shirt just looks like a rat's ass. So... thats kindof a deterrent from being able to wear it much, at least for me.

My friend told me it looked like a rat's ass, but I still love the shirt. It's easily the most awesome piece of clothing I own.