thurdl01

quality posts: 11 Private Messages thurdl01

Is it too soon to start a pool for how long this sticks around the reckoning? Or how long it'll keep the top spot?

mermade

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mermade

SHIRT
Y U SELL OUT

wickedd365

quality posts: 3 Private Messages wickedd365

We didn't even get a shot at it. Damn us and our normal sleeping habits.

This would have been sweet to go with Portal 2 that I'm getting today.

Guess I'll just use my free code and get it from the reckoning.

dangurous

quality posts: 3 Private Messages dangurous

This is the fastest sellout I have ever seen on this site. It was the most perfectly timed shirt idea, front and back print, and a mid-week print from a well-known site artist. This shirt is the perfect storm, and you can expect it in the Reckoning for a long, long time. This is Back To The Future worthy Reckoning timeline we're talking about here.

34 woots for shirts, most recent: 10/23/12: Fresh Cake Remix (L); 9/22/10 - iHome Optical Netbook Mouse; 7/12/10 - Woot Off Lights; 5/26/10 - Jolly Roger Floor Mat; 11/23/09 - Memorex 720p HD Mini Camcorder; 3/23/09 - iRobot Roomba 535 Robotic Vacuum

chefsean

quality posts: 2 Private Messages chefsean

WoW.....WHAT.....

I'm So Surprised That, ....

Someone Posted This Shirt On ebay For $5 Already??? REALLY???...lol

>> check it out... <<

>> Oops click on this ... <<

chefsean
CLICK....>>.....ON...>>....TheMysteryBox>>>>>>

justdiana

quality posts: 0 Private Messages justdiana

So does that mean because I sleep normal hours, I have to pay the extra $5? DAMN! Good thing I have a job - which is why I have to sleep... sigh.

fester8542

quality posts: 0 Private Messages fester8542

You guys did this with the last popular shirt. Then threw it on the reckoning for $5 more plus shipping the next day.

For a "deals" site you sure do pull some dirty.

Matthew Beston

RaveDroid

quality posts: 15 Private Messages RaveDroid

Should've been a cheescake....
lol Where are the mouse's back feet?

If you can read this, yourᅠbrowser'sᅠCompatibilityᅠsettings
areᅠconfiguredᅠcorrectly.ᅠᅠツ

hyde244

quality posts: 3 Private Messages hyde244

THE SHIRT IS A LIE.
THE SHIRT IS A LIE.
THE SHIRT IS A LIE.
THE SHIRT IS A LIE.
THE SHIRT IS A LIE.
THE SHIRT IS A LIE.
THE SHIRT IS A LIE.
THE SHIRT IS A LIE.
THE SHIRT IS A LIE.
THE SHIRT IS A LIE.
THE SHIRT IS A LIE.
THE SHIRT IS A LIE.
THE SHIRT IS A LIE.
THE SHIRT IS A LIE.
THE SHIRT IS A LIE.
THE SHIRT IS A LIE.
THE SHIRT IS A LIE.
THE SHIRT IS A LIE.
THE SHIRT IS A LIE.
THE SHIRT IS A LIE.
THE SHIRT IS A LIE.
THE SHIRT IS A LIE.
THE SHIRT IS A LIE.
THE SHIRT IS A LIE.
THE SHIRT IS A LIE.

shagginwagon

quality posts: 0 Private Messages shagginwagon

Love the buyers map, Eastern Standard Timers get hosed by the 1AM EST post time again.

tedzilla99

quality posts: 31 Private Messages tedzilla99

I would have liked seeing Tom the cat in a Tron costume on this.

SumDuud

quality posts: 22 Private Messages SumDuud

noooooooooooooooooo.... I would have loved to get this shirt. I guess on the reconing.

Let's see the quality impulse buys!
Wooter to blame for sellout: SumDuud
Sellout time: 8:11:25 AM Central Time

Contrarian by nature.

hi5

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hi5

Holy god . you have to put up more shirts!!!!!!! this is possibly the coolest ive seen on woot. NO kidding!!

Swayde

quality posts: 8 Private Messages Swayde

Sold out already??!!! No!!! I hope someone takes the hint and comes up with a similar shirt. This one is way cool!

Lucky Purchaser of 3 Random Craps...
4/1/2011
9/22/2010
8/20/2010

starfawx

quality posts: 0 Private Messages starfawx

THIS SHIRT IS A LIE. I can't believe its sold out before 9AM!
I WILL FOREVER DESPISE WOOT
(UNTIL THERE IS A 10$ REPRINT)
>_<#

cantstopthesignal

quality posts: 1 Private Messages cantstopthesignal

AWWWW!!!!!

I can't believe I missed this! Dang, does anybody know if they will ever reprint this shirt?

zyzeast

quality posts: 0 Private Messages zyzeast

why do i have a feeling they purposely made less than the normal amount available for sale for this one so we can pay more at reckoning

dooomcat

quality posts: 12 Private Messages dooomcat

Wow Bass congrats! So cute (I admit I've never played the game though). How'd you get them to do the front and back?

blainetallons

quality posts: 2 Private Messages blainetallons

>_<
Seriously, 9 Am and sold out?
Knew I should have checked this before I went to bed.
Hopefully it'll be on the reckoning page to buy later?

kmeltzer

quality posts: 32 Private Messages kmeltzer

Sold out?!?!?! BOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! Sell more!! Sell more!! Sell more!!!!

prchn4christ

quality posts: 0 Private Messages prchn4christ
jeevesofrkdia wrote:Can someone help decode the message? It's a puzzle and a later-levels-of-Portal kind of puzzle, at that.

Hope this helps ...

In the entire history of video games, there aren't very||many that literally changed how people think. And||not just thinking in the sense of "where in God's name can||they have hidden the red key this time?" but thinking in ||the sense of "wait, if I grow lungs I can live on land?"|

|Something like Doom or Quake or even| |Joust, those are games we could all play in a||warehouse if we really wanted to. Maybe we don't have||flying ostriches, but we could dress up sheepdogs or||something. But when you're playing a game that literally||is based around the idea that you can make a hole in||the game... man. That's something that you can only do||in the computer. How could you walk through a warehouse||wall and then fall through the ceiling in the real world?|

|We all get a little bit closer to the singularity today,||ladies and gentlemen. Unless, of course, it sucks. Then|
|it's just a crappy game from some sellouts who need to get||off their butts and make a new Half-Life.

eldiablohijo

quality posts: 35 Private Messages eldiablohijo
chefsean wrote:WoW.....WHAT.....

I'm So Surprised That, ....

Someone Posted This Shirt On ebay For $5 Already??? REALLY???...lol

$21.95 Shipping....

It'll be $15 tomorrow on the reckoning.

I ponder if Woot knew this would sell out fast and decided to limit the initial quantity to maximize profits on day 2+.

I just hope it sticks around till the next Woot-Off Shirt Detour.

isiena

quality posts: 0 Private Messages isiena

SOLD OOOUTT NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

thurdl01

quality posts: 11 Private Messages thurdl01

For the conspiracy theorists, it's right there on the sale page:

Item quantity: 3000

Same as every other shirt.

midga59

quality posts: 0 Private Messages midga59

Okay, I seriously can't be the only person who saw Portal and said, "Oh neat, another game like Narbacular Drop." It was nice to see those guys get a break like that.

capsfanbryce

quality posts: 4 Private Messages capsfanbryce
mermade wrote:SHIRT
Y U SELL OUT

9am sold-out already!?!?!? Congrats to the shirt maker and well done to Woot for timing the release so perfectly.

My copy of Portal 2 should be coming from Amazon any day now, in the meantime I'll just have some more of this delicious and moist cake.

aperfecttool72

quality posts: 7 Private Messages aperfecttool72

This shirt is for science right?

You monster.

KIDA26

quality posts: 2 Private Messages KIDA26

Wow, 8 am and already sold out. This is the first shirt on Woot that I would have considered buying in quite some time. I suspect this will remain in the reckoning for awhile too...

WolfDemon69

quality posts: 0 Private Messages WolfDemon69

Well crap, hopefully they sell this one for $15 again

j5

quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5

Wow!
Sold out in a little over an hour!

Congrats Bass! You knocked this one out of the park.

move along

arkadysedai

quality posts: 0 Private Messages arkadysedai

Place The Shirt on the ground then lie on your stomach with your arms at your sides. A party associate will arrive shortly to collect you for your party....

bsmith1

quality posts: 105 Private Messages bsmith1

I've never played Portal. What's the point of the game? Running around jumping through holes you make in the walls? Seems like it would get old fast.

phuongnwade

quality posts: 0 Private Messages phuongnwade

Sold out - how can this be Sold out it's 8:30 in the morning!!!

jbreedlove

quality posts: 4 Private Messages jbreedlove
epistemologonhere wrote:Thank you. But I'm still confused: what has that particular cheese got to do with the shirt?? It's not like it's Gruyere or Emmenthaler cheese, which might be more appropriate!

I'm probably missing a reference somewhere...

The reference is "The cake is a lie" so in this case "The cheese is a Lie(derkranz)"

llamabox

quality posts: 36 Private Messages llamabox

HOW DARE WOOT SELL OUT SO FAST. AND TUMOROW THEY WILL SELL IT FOR FIVETEEN DOLLARS! THAT'S BAIT AND SWITCH. THAT'S NOT FAIR! I'M CONTACTING THE BBB the FTC, ABC and TBS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Make your own damn beer

alephnull2k1

quality posts: 1 Private Messages alephnull2k1
epistemologonhere wrote:Thank you. But I'm still confused: what has that particular cheese got to do with the shirt?? It's not like it's Gruyere or Emmenthaler cheese, which might be more appropriate!

I'm probably missing a reference somewhere...

I didn't see anyone else answer this, so if I'm repeating, all apologies...

This particular cheese was chosen solely because the first three letters in its name are l-i-e, or "lie". In the video game Portal, the insane supercomputer promises the player cake at the end of "testing". However, a graffito the player finds later (presumably scrawled by a prior "testee") claims that "the cake is a lie". This phrase has reached meme status in gamer circles.

The cake is a lie.
The cheese is a Liederkranz.

hyde244

quality posts: 3 Private Messages hyde244
bsmith1 wrote:I've never played Portal. What's the point of the game? Running around jumping through holes you make in the walls? Seems like it would get old fast.

Why not visit Portal's Wikipedia entry to see what's the point:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Portal_%28video_game%29#Awards

The plot is very clever, witty, simple/straight-forward, and downright brilliant.

wildsummerrose

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wildsummerrose

So... does anyone know about a second printing? I want one!

alephnull2k1

quality posts: 1 Private Messages alephnull2k1
wildsummerrose wrote:So... does anyone know about a second printing? I want one!

This will be on sale (like every woot shirt) in the Reckoning starting tomorrow, for as long as it remains popular.

However, it will be $5 higher.

vlv723

quality posts: 0 Private Messages vlv723

Missed out on $10...I'll buy it for $15 if it ever comes back in-stock on Reckoning.