useles

quality posts: 0 Private Messages useles

does the cheese come in any other flavors?

renatuslives

quality posts: 10 Private Messages renatuslives

If only Algernon had a portal gun, he might still be alive today.

Puggsy

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Puggsy

I wonder if that was intentional.

I can appreciate good art, not add to it.

bob12345swn

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bob12345swn

This shirt was a huge success. :3

Spiritgreen

quality posts: 215 Private Messages Spiritgreen

Just five hours until this shirt goes back on sale!

http://shirt.woot.com/shirts/the-cheese-is-a-liederkranz

orspasm

quality posts: 0 Private Messages orspasm

The description can't really be "decoded," you just have to find where the next sentence starts. Hint: THINK WITH PORTALS.

For those wondering what the description is:

In the entire history of video games, there aren't very|
|many that literally changed how people think. And|
|not just thinking in the sense of "where in God's name can|
|they have hidden the red key this time?" but thinking in |
|the sense of "wait, if I grow lungs I can live on land?"|
|Something like Doom or Quake or even|
|Joust, those are games we could all play in a|
|warehouse if we really wanted to. Maybe we don't have|
|flying ostriches, but we could dress up sheepdogs or|
|something. But when you're playing a game that literally|
|is based around the idea that you can make a hole in|
|the game... man. That's something that you can only do|
|in the computer. How could you walk through a warehouse|
|wall and then fall through the ceiling in the real world?|
|We all get a little bit closer to the singularity today,|
|ladies and gentlemen. Unless, of course, it sucks. Then|
|it's just a crappy game from some sellouts who need to get|
|off their butts and make a new Half-Life.

lucky1988

quality posts: 20 Private Messages lucky1988

Big congrats on the sellout Bass! Wishing you long life and prosperity on the reckoning charts.

draigun

quality posts: 22 Private Messages draigun

So wait.. this WASN'T supposed to be a combination of Portal and Transformice? Because regardless, I'm pretty sure that's what it is.

silvergarnet

quality posts: 0 Private Messages silvergarnet
jeevesofrkdia wrote:Can someone help decode the message? It's a puzzle and a later-levels-of-Portal kind of puzzle, at that.

In this history of Video Games there aren't very many that literally changed how people think. And not just thinking in the sense of "where in God's name can they have hidden the red key this time?" But thinking in the sense of "wait, if I grow lungs, can I live on land?" something like Doom or Quake or even Joust, those are the games that we could all play in a warehouse if we really wanted to. Maybe we don't have flying ostriches, but we could dress up sheepdogs or something. But when you're playing a game that literally is based around hte idea that you can make a hole in the game..man. That's something you can only do iin the computer. How could you walk through a warehouse wall and then fall through the ceiling in the real world? We all got a little bit closer to the singularity today, ladies and gentlemen. Unless, of course, it sucks. Then it's just a crappy game from some sellouts who need to get off their buts and make a new half life.

Wear this shirt: Narbacular Drop. You'll look like a video game hipster.

Don't Wear this shirt: On bring-your-daughter-to work day.

What this shirt tells the world: despite all of my rage I'm still just a rat in a cage.

What we call this color: asphalt

Hope this helps :P

MukYJ

quality posts: 1 Private Messages MukYJ

Curse you Woot for selling out before I had a chance to log in for the day... It's a very clever shirt, both the design and the title. Kudos on the description as well.

I'll just have to console myself (ha, get it?) with the copy of Portal 2 that Amazon so kindly delivered to my door this morning...

goldenthorn

quality posts: 38 Private Messages goldenthorn

Volunteer Moderator

MukYJ wrote:Curse you Woot for selling out before I had a chance to log in for the day... It's a very clever shirt, both the design and the title. Kudos on the description as well.

I'll just have to console myself (ha, get it?) with the copy of Portal 2 that Amazon so kindly delivered to my door this morning...

PSSST! I'VE GOT A SECRET TO SHARE WITH YOU! DON'T TELL ANYONE ELSE, OK? IT'S JUST BETWEEN YOU AND ME, FRIEND TO FRIEND. THIS IS SOME PRIMO SUPER-EXCLUSIVE JUST-FOR-YOU WOOT SALESING FAVOUR-FLAVOURED REPOSTAGE, DIG? NOW INHALE THAT HEADY SCENT OF "BUYITTOMORROWLIKEEVERYSHIRTFOR$5MORE:"

tgentry wrote:The ongoing sale starts tonight at midnight here!

Assassin15 wrote:You may buy it tomorrow if you click on this link right here. It will cost you *$15* instead of 10. That is the price you pay for procrastination!

zod1acbea5t

quality posts: 2 Private Messages zod1acbea5t

Woot, it's obvious that you rise in popularity is demanding a rise in your daily print printing.

Crossedheart

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Crossedheart

I swear to God this the one day I forget to check shirt.woot at midnight because I'm too busy playing potato sack games to get Portal 2 to release. I feel like crying.

At least I can buy it at $15! Better than nothing.

ainecful

quality posts: 3 Private Messages ainecful

Just spent 3-5 minutes assembling the write-up. What, you thought I'd let it drift away? Not me.

If you're interested here it is:

In the entire history of video games, there aren't very many that literally changed how people think. And not just thinking in the sense of "where in God's name can they have hidden the red key this time?" but thinking in the sense of "wait, if I grow lungs I can live on land?" Something like Doom or Quake or even Joust, those are games we could all play in a warehouse if we really wanted to. Maybe we don't have flying ostriches, but we could dress up sheepdogs or something. But when you're playing a game that literally is based around the idea that you can make a hole in the game... man. That's something that you can only do in the computer. How could you walk through a warehouse wall and then fall through the ceiling in the real world? We all get a little bit closer to the singularity today, ladies and gentlemen. Unless, of course, it sucks. Then, it's just a crappy game from some sellouts who need to get off their butts and make a new Half-Life.

mrmario2011

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mrmario2011

I love cute and furry rodents, WHY OH WHY DID THIS HAVE TO SELL OUT SO FAST?!?!

sparrowhawk69

quality posts: 65 Private Messages sparrowhawk69

I wonder if Shirt.Woot will ever sell this shirt again? With only 3000 of them being available today for 10 bucks I bet people will be selling them on ebay for like $25 each. If only they would be willing to print a few more the scalpers wouldn't be able to profit. I bet that at even if they raised it to 15 bucks & started reselling it tomorrow they would undercut the scalpers price & rake in even more sales. It's just too bad that no one else already had this idea. I think I'll email the Woot people & see if they will implement this crazy scheme of mine just because this is such a cool idea. In the mean time has anyone been able to decode that crazy write up? I saw a cheat code on the upper right side of the page but I don't see any place to use the code. I bet no one has figured it out yet because usually people like to post these things on the net when they are cracked. Please help me. Now that I've vented I think I'll look over some of the earlier posts. Sure are a lot of them. Maybe I'll find something I didn't know there.

Sparrowhawk69 is in therapy for seeing bunnies everywhere & is currently a member of R.A.B.B.I.T. : "RamyB All Bunnies Because I'm Trippin" anonymous.

sillymilly95

quality posts: 1 Private Messages sillymilly95

where's my cake?

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 563 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

goldenthorn wrote:PSSST! I'VE GOT A SECRET TO SHARE WITH YOU! DON'T TELL ANYONE ELSE, OK? IT'S JUST BETWEEN YOU AND ME, FRIEND TO FRIEND. THIS IS SOME PRIMO SUPER-EXCLUSIVE JUST-FOR-YOU WOOT SALESING FAVOUR-FLAVOURED REPOSTAGE, DIG? NOW INHALE THAT HEADY SCENT OF "BUYITTOMORROWLIKEEVERYSHIRTFOR$5MORE:"

Needz moar circles and arrows and color and thingz.

I am NOT customer service.
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy[/b] ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

sparrowhawk69

ThunderThighs wrote:Needz moar circles and arrows and color and thingz.

seems like some good information but I couldn't figure out the meaning of that last word & it's not in the dictionary. "BUYITTOMORROWLIKEEVERYSHIRTFOR$5MORE"

Sparrowhawk69 is in therapy for seeing bunnies everywhere & is currently a member of R.A.B.B.I.T. : "RamyB All Bunnies Because I'm Trippin" anonymous.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 563 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

sparrowhawk69 wrote:seems like some good information but I couldn't figure out the meaning of that last word & it's not in the dictionary. "BUYITTOMORROWLIKEEVERYSHIRTFOR$5MORE"

You need to check the updated dictionary.

I am NOT customer service.
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy[/b] ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

j5

quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5
sparrowhawk69 wrote:I wonder if Shirt.Woot will ever sell this shirt again? With only 3000 of them being available today for 10 bucks I bet people will be selling them on ebay for like $25 each. If only they would be willing to print a few more the scalpers wouldn't be able to profit. I bet that at even if they raised it to 15 bucks & started reselling it tomorrow they would undercut the scalpers price & rake in even more sales. It's just too bad that no one else already had this idea. I think I'll email the Woot people & see if they will implement this crazy scheme of mine just because this is such a cool idea. In the mean time has anyone been able to decode that crazy write up? I saw a cheat code on the upper right side of the page but I don't see any place to use the code. I bet no one has figured it out yet because usually people like to post these things on the net when they are cracked. Please help me. Now that I've vented I think I'll look over some of the earlier posts. Sure are a lot of them. Maybe I'll find something I didn't know there.

You shut up!
I'm not going to let you undercut my eBay sales with these crazy notions. I used my 43 fake Woot! accounts to buy 129 of these in size 3XL (let's be honest here) so I can make dólares máxima.

As for the writeup, let me help you out, it decodes as follows:

When in the Course of human events, it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another, and to assume among the Powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them, a decent respect to the opinions of mankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to the separation.

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness. That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness. Prudence, indeed, will dictate that Governments long established should not be changed for light and transient causes; and accordingly all experience hath shown, that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security. --Such has been the patient sufferance of these Colonies; and such is now the necessity which constrains them to alter their former Systems of Government. The history of the present King of Great Britain is a history of repeated injuries and usurpations, all having in direct object the establishment of an absolute Tyranny over these States. To prove this, let Facts be submitted to a candid world.

move along

sparrowhawk69

j5 wrote:

I'm sure it will never happen anyway it was just too far out of an idea. That must have took some sort of super computer to have cracked that code. I think these truths are self evident so I just commend you on being able to solve that puzzle. You should post your ebay link here at midnight so everyone can buy your shirts.

Munchification

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Munchification

I feel acomplished. I decoded the message thingie at the bottom. ;3

goldenthorn

quality posts: 38 Private Messages goldenthorn

Volunteer Moderator

HAI GUIZ!!!! I SEE WAY TOO MANY TEEL DEAR IN HERE AND I WAS WONDERING IF ANYONE HAS DECODED THE WRITEUP YET AND IF SO YES IN THE AFFIRMATIVE BEING THE CASE THEN MAYBE PERHAPS PERCHANCE SOMEONE COULD POST THE DECODED WRITEUP FOR ME????? THXXXX AND BIG HUGGGGGZZZOMG!!!!

VenomZ302

quality posts: 0 Private Messages VenomZ302
silvergarnet wrote:"Wear this shirt: Narbacular Drop. You'll look like a video game hipster.

Don't Wear this shirt: On bring-your-daughter-to work day.

What this shirt tells the world: despite all of my rage I'm still just a rat in a cage.

What we call this color: asphalt"

Maybe this is just my bias rubbing off, but don't you think it makes more sense for it to be as follows?

"Wear this shirt: Narbacular Drop.

Don't Wear this shirt: On bring-your-daughter-to work day. You'll look like a video game hipster."

j5

quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5
sparrowhawk69 wrote:You should post your ebay link here at midnight so everyone can buy your shirts.

Good idea!

Hey everyone! Buy my shirts on eBay

move along

zt3rr0r

quality posts: 0 Private Messages zt3rr0r
lalaclassic wrote:I is so confused... I feel as if I should know what this is in reference to, but I have no idea, and I have no idea how to read the write up... HELP!

its from the game portal/portal 2 which came out just today

4 woots
7 woot shirts

Assassin15

quality posts: 161 Private Messages Assassin15
goldenthorn wrote:HAI GUIZ!!!! I SEE WAY TOO MANY TEEL DEAR IN HERE AND I WAS WONDERING IF ANYONE HAS DECODED THE WRITEUP YET AND IF SO YES IN THE AFFIRMATIVE BEING THE CASE THEN MAYBE PERHAPS PERCHANCE SOMEONE COULD POST THE DECODED WRITEUP FOR ME????? THXXXX AND BIG HUGGGGGZZZOMG!!!!

I was looking for the same thing, but I don't think anyone has done it yet!! You'd think it would be decoded by now right!!

PULL UP YOUR SKIRT, WE'RE ON A MISSION/
WE NEED A HERO, NOT A POLITICIAN - "Panhammer" by Phinehas

bassanimation

quality posts: 98 Private Messages bassanimation

Thanks again for your comments and purchases of the Portal mouse, everyone! I hope everyone enjoys the print

Those who missed it today can buy it in about 10 mins, woo! Fat, dancing Roxy rat will give you kisses! <3 <3 <3

bassanimation

quality posts: 98 Private Messages bassanimation
Spiritgreen wrote:Just five hours until this shirt goes back on sale!

http://shirt.woot.com/shirts/the-cheese-is-a-liederkranz

Hahahahaha, Mr. Jiggles!!! I heard people were confused about which dancing critter it was I usually post. I typically reserve the Jigglemaster here for Spiritgreen shirts ^_~. I am of course glad to receive him myself though, yeeeey! Gittin' Jiggy wit it!

crazybouncyliz

quality posts: 2 Private Messages crazybouncyliz

so, i'm beginning to think that the Binge and Nevermore just got a run for their money with this shirt.

I guess only time will tell

bluejester

quality posts: 560 Private Messages bluejester
bassanimation wrote:Thanks again for your comments and purchases of the Portal mouse, everyone! I hope everyone enjoys the print

Those who missed it today can buy it in about 10 mins, woo! Fat, dancing Roxy rat will give you kisses! <3 <3 <3

Who was it who doubted me? See, cute, fat rat dancing.

I deserve something for being right, right?

chumpmagic

quality posts: 9 Private Messages chumpmagic

I assumed this was a new sellout record time. It says the quickest in two years... I am curious to know which design holds the record then and how quick was the sellout. Anyone know that part of shirt.woot history?

azdarkknight

quality posts: 5 Private Messages azdarkknight

So after Bass gets the HUGE cheque for all the sales, then its a party at your house then right??

GZ again

bluejester

quality posts: 560 Private Messages bluejester
chumpmagic wrote:I assumed this was a new sellout record time. It says the quickest in two years... I am curious to know which design holds the record then and how quick was the sellout. Anyone know that part of shirt.woot history?

"Cool Breeze" was a pretty quick sell. But if I recall correctly, the number of shirts printed in the initial run was also pretty low. I think "Say No to Scurvy" also went over well.

adapa

quality posts: 0 Private Messages adapa

Getting the shirt & the game for my kid's Easter basket. He loves Portal.

cpsycrow

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cpsycrow

Ship to South Africa damnit!

k bye

wisesage

quality posts: 3 Private Messages wisesage

I am quite pleased to say that I solved the write up on my own. And I've never even seen Portal, much less played it.

Dang, I'm cool.

sometimes i like to put on the cape and scream like a monkey.

elviswind

quality posts: 1 Private Messages elviswind

Woot printers are going to have to put in some overtime . . . at the rate it's going today, I wouldn't be surprised if it sells another 3000. Combine that with having to print both sides. Yikes!

Video game shirts aren't my thing and I've never played Portal, but Bass definitely deserves some kudos for coming up with such a popular design.

gryphoncreation

quality posts: 1 Private Messages gryphoncreation
bassanimation wrote: Fat, dancing Roxy rat will give you kisses! <3 <3 <3

like the dancing rodent...and I have now got me and my brother these shirts, so it's all good, or it will be when they come.