CapSea

quality posts: 54 Private Messages CapSea
jmmbell1987 wrote:People tend to go out of their minds with praise for PSpens shirts, and 90% of the time, I don't agree with it. One of those things I guess; his shirts just don't do much for me.

However, I dig this shirt. Clever use of the theme. It's also a rare pop culture reference that it is well integrated with the theme, as opposed to being awkwardly shoehorned in while paying lip service to the theme.

My one worry is how small it looks on the Woot example. Prints often end up being larger than their Woot decals, however.

This is exactly my thought process with this one. I even think that in some ways the idea is overdone (or at least, it was so obvious) but the Scarecrow is so sufficiently creepy that I couldn't not like it. Even bought one.

bpeterson82

quality posts: 52 Private Messages bpeterson82

Looks like Patrick has been playing Call of Duty Need more history channel. Zombies!!!

CapSea

quality posts: 54 Private Messages CapSea

Now that the floating arms have been pointed out I can't stop noticing them, but I don't think it really matters. The point is still made with the shirt, and the arms still add something to it.

sparrowhawk69

quality posts: 65 Private Messages sparrowhawk69

If they find only one brain I guess they could draw straws to see who gets it.

Sparrowhawk69 is in therapy for seeing bunnies everywhere & is currently a member of R.A.B.B.I.T. : "RamyB All Bunnies Because I'm Trippin" anonymous.

tanamarn

quality posts: 3 Private Messages tanamarn

Perfect timing! I'm going to see "Evil Dead, the Musical" next weekend, and needed a proper shirt! (First shirt I ever ordered with rush shipping.)

emeister

quality posts: 19 Private Messages emeister

Is that a disembodied arm in the upper left corner?

dahiceman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dahiceman
CapSea wrote:This is exactly my thought process with this one. I even think that in some ways the idea is overdone (or at least, it was so obvious) but the Scarecrow is so sufficiently creepy that I couldn't not like it. Even bought one.

I would buy it myself, but I feel like the picture of the brain takes away a little of the subtlety. I feel like most people would get it regardless, it just kind of cheapens the wit.

BlueEagle23

quality posts: 3 Private Messages BlueEagle23

Condition: MC 900 Ft Jesus

Thanks for the late-night entertainment! If I had a brain, I'd be in bed asleep instead of watching videos on YouTube at 2 AM

MC 900ft Jesus - If I Only Had A Brain

iGGz

quality posts: 7 Private Messages iGGz

Urrrrm.

i am woot's god.

You're the giant Ken Jennings head? HOW DID YOU GET OUT?

iGGz

quality posts: 7 Private Messages iGGz
emeister wrote:Is that a disembodied arm in the upper left corner?

lol yeah, what's with that arm?

i am woot's god.

You're the giant Ken Jennings head? HOW DID YOU GET OUT?

DrkRonin

quality posts: 12 Private Messages DrkRonin

I use to like that movie....but this just add's to nightmare's i get from kid's movie's list. Thanks Woot. Thanks.

bluejester

quality posts: 564 Private Messages bluejester

On an off topic note that may be worthwhile of noting:

What is going on? Why am I only finding out today that Elizabeth Sladen passed away a couple of days ago.

Next to Leela, she pretty much was the definitive Doctor Who companion in my mind.

surfhappyhunter

quality posts: 0 Private Messages surfhappyhunter

how does this happen a shirt in the same color with zombies that look the same. with the same thought bubble. this one is wayyy funnier.....ughh idk what to do

bluesluke

quality posts: 13 Private Messages bluesluke

Braaaiiiiiiinnnss

tekman7d0

quality posts: 1 Private Messages tekman7d0
bluejester wrote:Dorthy Gripped the shotgun tightly in her hands, read to make her last stand in the old home from Kansas. If it could take out a witch, then maybe the old homestead could protect her one last time. She breifly remembered the grim events.

At first, the Wizard said the virus could be contained. When munchkin land fell to the zombie plague though, all of Oz knew that the end was only a matter of time before the end came.

She cursed the lion for his cowardice, he fled the for the hills at the first sign of trouble.

The tinman was more noble about the whole thing and went down swinging his axe while trying to protect her. She used the bits that the zombies didn't take and melted it down for extra material for the nails.

And Scarecrow. Scarecrow that scumbag. He was the source of the plauge.

She should have seen it coming.

I was going to buy this shirt, but after reading this I'm too afraid! -_-

maymaydearest

quality posts: 1 Private Messages maymaydearest

I would imagine the people of Emerald City being minty too.

chrisprender

quality posts: 312 Private Messages chrisprender

Some people say Patrickspens is the Michael Jordan of Woot derbies.

But actually, Michael Jordan is the Patrickspens of basketball.

chrisprender

quality posts: 312 Private Messages chrisprender

Alternate title for this shirt: "Fools Rush In".

mason4300

quality posts: 3 Private Messages mason4300

LOL this is the first Woot shirt to give me a good laugh in a long time. Bravo, patrickspens.

qwasdfz

quality posts: 4 Private Messages qwasdfz

So wait, if the scarecrow wants to eat my brains, and the tinman wants to eat my heart, what does the lion want?

aperfecttool72

quality posts: 7 Private Messages aperfecttool72

They're coming to get you, Dorothy!

They're coming for you and your little dog too!

Look, there comes one of them now!

mafafu888

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mafafu888

This was a worthy winner for the derby. Imaginative and on theme. Nice job!

xarous

quality posts: 12 Private Messages xarous

In the write-up there was not mention of eating Munchkins.

Did he eat the lollipop guild? Was he disappointed that they didn't taste like lollipops?

Toto, was he/she the Kansas veal?

Oh the questions I have.

nadysia

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nadysia

I'm buying this shirt, and I don't even LIKE zombies!

...well, I guess no one really likes zombies. But still!

g00glieb34r

quality posts: 0 Private Messages g00glieb34r

I like the shirt but why state the obvious? I think the balloon w/ brain image could have been left off the shirt. Make people think about it. Just my 2 cents.

KaisarRyu

quality posts: 0 Private Messages KaisarRyu
qwasdfz wrote:So wait, if the scarecrow wants to eat my brains, and the tinman wants to eat my heart, what does the lion want?

Well, remember, people asking if you are brave enough to do something generaly ask it in one of two ways. "Have you got the..." followed by either Guts or Balls (often this is a generational difference, but mean much the same). Now neither of these are things I'd want a Lion devouring, but from a biological standpoint, both are the easy soft tissues that one would go for first. Odd how that works out.

Give a man a fire, he's warm for the night. Set a man on fire, he's warm for the rest of his life.

hardworkingjulie

quality posts: 15 Private Messages hardworkingjulie

Best everything ever from the shirt right down to L. Frank Brown. This makes me happy.

Exohdus

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Exohdus

I woke up today and had a feeling that spens was gonna win one. Much deserved after getting robbed on the science - fiction.

RandomLynx

quality posts: 5 Private Messages RandomLynx

Grabbed this one as soon as I saw it won

sunnydiscontent

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sunnydiscontent

Of all the Woot! shirts in my closet, Patrick has his own section.

SunnyDiscontent

profbrendan

quality posts: 7 Private Messages profbrendan

And now, a brief interlude.

I could while away an hour
With people to devour
Their screams so full of pain.
And their heads I’d be bashin’
While my teeth were busy gnashin’
If I only had some braaaaains!

I’d be eatin’ ev’ry victim
Right after I had picked ‘em
You know I can’t refrain.
When their bones start a-crunchin’
That’s when I will soon be munchin’

Oh, how
I love to chow
Just eat both night and day.
Wonder why my hunger never seems at bay.
The living dead
Won’t go away!

You might think that I am foolish
I’m just blood-thirsty ghoulish
As zombies go, I’m plain.
So if I see you scramblin’
That’s when I will start a-shamblin’

citizencoyote

quality posts: 42 Private Messages citizencoyote

This was the first woot shirt that actually made my fiance laugh. Most of the time she just rolls her eyes.

Laugh = win = purchased.

pickleguy1

quality posts: 1 Private Messages pickleguy1

or awesome

JBalls wrote:Yeah I've got that shirt. I can't buy this one cause having the same zombies and brains chat bubble thingy would be weird.

DrPepper

quality posts: 6 Private Messages DrPepper
tanamarn wrote:Perfect timing! I'm going to see "Evil Dead, the Musical" next weekend, and needed a proper shirt! (First shirt I ever ordered with rush shipping.)

Pay the extra couple of bucks and sit in the front. Make sure you bring an extra shirt!

doodahbtfcc13

quality posts: 20 Private Messages doodahbtfcc13

Anybody else notice that patrickspens is great at drawing zombie and zombie-related shirts?

valstwin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages valstwin

And now I'll be whistling that lovely tune for the rest of the day...

Another GREAT design, patrickspens.

RSGumby

quality posts: 0 Private Messages RSGumby

I didn't vote in this derby and knew this was patrickspens at first glance... due to its greatness.
I knows what I likes when I sees it.

adgart

quality posts: 4 Private Messages adgart

Take away the talk bubble and this shirt is perfect. I'm definitely in for one. Good job, woot voters!

And well done, patrickspens, yet again! "Another triumph!" -Jon Lovitz, from 'The Simpsons' (look it up, people, it was a funny bit from one of the earlier seasons)

(...the one where Marge goes back to painting again? Remember her instructor?)

(...)

(...anyone?)

tobyclick

quality posts: 1 Private Messages tobyclick

Can we please have a one-year moratorium on zombie shirts?

aemely

quality posts: 5 Private Messages aemely

Ha-ha, gotta love the "L. Frank Brown." Personally I don't dig brown but it's the only color that works with the floor and planks... Next time, no zombies! Since penguins and squirrels and polar bears seem out too, we might want to move on to sugar gliders next?