polluxoil

quality posts: 33 Private Messages polluxoil
Re: Lost in Nightmares

I love love love this design. This has to print! I neeeeeeeeed a classic Drakxx/CD horrorish shirt for my collection. I didn't get a Halloween one this year, so I command all wooters to vote for this. Follow my lead, I clearly am awesome!

Okay maybe a bit too enthusiastic but hey, it's a cool shirt.

bluetuba

quality posts: 56 Private Messages bluetuba
Re: Rules to Ride...

In most cases a "No" rejection is quite obvious.. maybe not so much for this one, but I think Boots is probably right. Maybe it'll help you to think of it as being more off-topic. There is no indication that these signs are referring to an amusement park ride.

It just looks like a low brow "No fat chicks" shirt but even creepier.

lucky1988

quality posts: 20 Private Messages lucky1988
Re: To Hell and Back

terrific! love the coloring/details on the wooden slats.

kevlar51

quality posts: 42 Private Messages kevlar51
Re: Tea Time

love it!

lucky1988

Re: “License and Registration”

excellent! love the policeman. +1

ApeLad

quality posts: 34 Private Messages ApeLad
Re: Funhouse MirROAR

Thanks for the votes! This will be an interesting derby, what with the other 2 fun house mirror entries.

lucky1988

Re: Prepared Fish

ha, awesome!

megsck

quality posts: 6 Private Messages megsck
IgnatiusRiley wrote:What exactly is being stolen here? Does Ramy have a copyright on hastily drawn baby reapers?

usually if an artist designs a certain character that they use over and over, they can easily copyright it and claim it their own. obviously a lot of people do this, especially if they are using that character online, so it can be stolen.

IgnatiusRiley wrote:
It's further evidence (not that it was needed) that anyone with a modicum of artistic ability can produce Ramy-style junk. Yet when it's under another person's name it doesn't shoot to the fog. And I'm not the least bit surprised.

first off, i think if there is evidence of anything, its that its obvious whoever subbed this had more than an a, "modicum of artistic ability" this design doesnt scream newbie to me, i think the artist knows what they are doing. Also, if you are copying something, its not that hard to reproduce it. obviously if it were easy to color and shade like ramy, then they would have done it to the rest of the design and not the only part they obviously had reference for.

lastly i didnt think it was any big secret that ramy has a ton of fans who come here and vote for his stuff when he announces he has a new submission. that is why his stuff shoots to the fog. this person obviously isnt telling anyone openly about his design here, and even still its pretty close to the fog, which makes me think people like that sort of thing.

besides all that however, if this isnt a ramy sub, it is either pandering for votes by straight out copying ramy's death character, or its trying to mock him in some fashion. either way its unprofessional, disrespectful, and petty.

georg4man

quality posts: 0 Private Messages georg4man
Re: Black Stallion

I've always been fascinated with tessellated patterns and I've been wanting to make a shirt like this a la Coney Island for a while now. I hope you enjoy it!

smanchen

quality posts: 1 Private Messages smanchen
Re: Really Bad Day – resub

LOVE IT!! I'd buy it in a heartbeat!

The world is a dangerous place to live ... not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it.
- Albert Einstein

thewayisshut

quality posts: 0 Private Messages thewayisshut
Re: “License and Registration”

I don't usually buy cute, cartoony shirts....

....however, when I saw this in the pre-derby topic, I couldn't help but think "DAMN! That's clever!'". Very, very clever. So, you get my vote this week.

Leahbh

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Leahbh
bluetuba wrote:KC in teh hizzouse!!! I used to love riding it as a kid, the ride was so smooth compared to normal coasters.

i hate wooden coasters, i've never been on one that was smooth and I always had a killer headache after.

dannidoll

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dannidoll
Re: Well balanced meal

I'm pretty sure that I ate this exact meal every time I went to the fair as a kid. =P

mdrake88

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mdrake88
georg4man wrote:I've always been fascinated with tessellated patterns and I've been wanting to make a shirt like this a la Coney Island for a while now. I hope you enjoy it!

Sweet!

loubriccant

quality posts: 2 Private Messages loubriccant
Re: Wooden Wonder - The Main Attraction

Nice! Love the changes.

georg4man

quality posts: 0 Private Messages georg4man
Re: Black Stallion

Check out a more detailed version here:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/57876148@N07/5645496328/in/photostream/

studio1172

quality posts: 0 Private Messages studio1172
Re: Scary Ride

If it is truly not Ramy, then in the words of Mr. Burns, "Excellent." *strumming fingers together* All artists should realize that they are not delicate or original snowflakes. There is always someone that knows how to clone your art. If art clones start popping up in the derbies, maybe, just maybe, it will cause certain artists to change their M.O. Especially ones with a small bag of tricks. I am not talking about illustrative style, I am talking about content and subject matter.

Assassin15

quality posts: 161 Private Messages Assassin15

Who's this "Crescentbris" guy whose name appears on the comp?

PULL UP YOUR SKIRT, WE'RE ON A MISSION/
WE NEED A HERO, NOT A POLITICIAN - "Panhammer" by Phinehas

Sevenie

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Sevenie
chennai8 wrote:If it was Ramyb's it'd be in the fog by now.

Not gonna lie. My first thought when I saw the thumbnail was, "Whoa...Ramy isn't in the fog already?"

kimvy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kimvy

Having never submitted a design, isn't there an identification process that artists go through to submit something? If so, then wouldn't Woot know if this was Ramyb or someone else and their name?

Or does that only happen if there's a top three placement or editor's choice?

It'll be interesting to see if this gets rejected or?

bluejester

quality posts: 550 Private Messages bluejester

Draxxx and Crescent Debris, I love seeing your collabs. Draxxx brings that dark mystery to the designs, and Debris has a beed on what colors will make the nightmare come to life.

GMV

bluejester

quality posts: 550 Private Messages bluejester
smanchen wrote:LOVE IT!! I'd buy it in a heartbeat!

Seconded. Although, I squirm a little seeing that stick has gone right up the ol' poop shoot.

hobohippo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hobohippo

"Boy, d'you know how fast you were bumping?"

CVBrennan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages CVBrennan

DianaSprinkle

quality posts: 105 Private Messages DianaSprinkle
capsfanbryce wrote:Really clever! I hope to see this printed, good luck!!

I'm crossing my fingers! I really like how this one turned out.

hankescu

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hankescu

I like the idea, style, colors, but the reflections don't make sense...

hankescu

Cute, but ketchup on a corn dog is an abomination. Mustard only.

hankescu

Please give us a blow up. I can hardly see the design.

DianaSprinkle

quality posts: 105 Private Messages DianaSprinkle
JesseBYAH wrote:I also laughed out loud at my desk, and I definitely WOULD wear this, so double vote from me! Wait, I can't do that. Ok, I'll give you one though. The only thing that's bothering me about it is that the bunny in the middle is turned to the side quite a bit but his reflection is not... Maybe that's the trick mirror? Haha I dunno, it's not big enough of a flaw to take away my vote. I can blame the mirror :P

The big bunny is so creepy but so cute, I love it Maybe he is a Flemish Giant? If you've never heard of Flemish Giant bunnies, do a google image search. No, it's not a joke- they're real and I WANT ONE!

Oh thanks! My mom actually pointed out the same flaw with that one mirror. I did try to correct it but it seems to have wiggled through still a little odd looking.

I'm really happy with how the big rabbit turned out he was a bit weirder and odd looking in the first version but somewhere in the process of inking him he became much more likable.

I've seen photos of the Flemish giants they are awesomely large rabbits! Look at the size of that thing.

sTyLeS

quality posts: 9 Private Messages sTyLeS

The balloon is actually what does it for me with this one. I love it. Draws your eyes right to it first and you think "Hey, what a lovely balloon", which promptly turns into "W T H".

Synelia

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Synelia
Re: Funhouse MirROAR

I like this concept, I kind of wish it was not on yellow, but I don't know any good other color for it to be on. Still awesome idea! :D

sTyLeS

quality posts: 9 Private Messages sTyLeS
kimvy wrote:Having never submitted a design, isn't there an identification process that artists go through to submit something? If so, then wouldn't Woot know if this was Ramyb or someone else and their name?

Or does that only happen if there's a top three placement or editor's choice?

It'll be interesting to see if this gets rejected or?

There's no process. Anyone with an account can submit a design. And unlike the voting process, you don't even need to have purchased anything before in order to submit something.

hankescu

So funny. That kid is really going for it.

j5

quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5
Re: The Red Barron's First Flight

Nice work, there.
Is this a scene from Wallace and Gromit ;Curse of the Were Rabbit? ;)

move along

moniquevh24

quality posts: 0 Private Messages moniquevh24
hankescu wrote:I like the idea, style, colors, but the reflections don't make sense...

I was just thinking that.

lucky1988

Re: When They Fly

ha, cute idea! +1

lucky1988

Re: Tea Time

awesome retro style, love the trees especially. +1

lucky1988

awesome composition and collab!

j5

quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5
Re: Scary Ride

I'm sure this has been tattled to death (lol) by now...does the rejectionator take days off?

move along

ApeLad

quality posts: 34 Private Messages ApeLad
Re: Chili Con Carnie

True story: I was a carnie for approximately 20 minutes one 4th of July in Florida. I was asked to man the carousel for a guy so he could step away for a smoke. He stayed away for a long time. Maybe it only felt like 20 minutes (I wasn't used to wielding that much power).