yankeebird

quality posts: 7 Private Messages yankeebird
mattcom wrote:This is the winner, nothing can stop its rise to glory.

Except for the rejectionator, who has stopped its rise to glory.

burnapaperzach

quality posts: 1 Private Messages burnapaperzach

jospeechpath

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jospeechpath
Re: Elephant Ears

Yeah, what are elephant ears?

mattcom

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mattcom
yankeebird wrote:Except for the rejectionator, who has stopped its rise to glory.

The dreams of a thousand children have been shattered onto the wall of oppression.

fossilgirl1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages fossilgirl1
Re: Free Dragon Rides!

Who knew dragons love Scandinavian food? I wonder if beards cause heartburn. GMV!

smklung

quality posts: 9 Private Messages smklung
Tanapangarap wrote:Heh, reminds me of that scene from "Adventure Time" when Finn and Jake try out a dock gauntlet that they made.

Not only do I agree, but I feel I must commend you on your great taste in cartoons.

ochopika

quality posts: 26 Private Messages ochopika

Staff

wepnar wrote:I actually preferred the original design on the darker green. However that's just my personal preference, I have no artistic credentials whatsoever. I'm not one of the artists just an observer and a buyer when the shirt is right. I like your designs better than some of the more polished and overly done that often win. Keep at it!!

Thanks very much! All the t shirts I wear have pretty simple designs, or sketchy/artsy looking designs.

That's the kind of stuff I like to make, but I'm also limited to working with GIMP imaging program and a mouse. I'm saving up for photoshop and a drawing pad... lol.

I'm glad you like my style, and I'm going to keep trying to tweak it a little for the audience here

ochopika

Staff

jospeechpath wrote:Yeah, what are elephant ears?

They're like funnel cakes, but they are big, flat and elephant-ear-shaped instead of...funnel-cake-shaped.

lobtato

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lobtato

It's kinda fun to try and find all the little differences between the two. I know that the "errors" were the reason behind this version being uploaded, but either one would make a fine shirt.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 564 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Re: Elephant Ears

When my brother's were little (late 1950s), they went to the zoo with Dad, Grandpa and an uncle. While they were walking around, Grandpa keep telling the boys about the yummy elephant ears they were going to get for Grandma to cook up that night. (Obviously, the other adults were in on it.) As they were leaving, Grandpa told everyone to hold up because he needed to buy those elephant ears. He went over and talked to a zoo employee and they both walked off. He came back with a big bundle wrapped in newspaper. The brothers were aghast at what would be in that paper.

They went home and the brothers ran in screaming that Grandpa had bought real elephant ears! Grandpa finally let them in on it.

My brothers still tell the story to this day. It made quite an impact.

FORUM MODERATOR............................ON VACATION
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 564 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

jospeechpath wrote:Yeah, what are elephant ears?

A big flat thing of fried dough. You cover it in cinnamon & honey. Like a huge sopapilla.

FORUM MODERATOR............................ON VACATION
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

bassanimation

quality posts: 98 Private Messages bassanimation
jwoodrich wrote:For a trip down mammary lane of course

LOL, at least the coaster would have some nice, steep drops....errr, well, on me they would. :D

candygrand

quality posts: 0 Private Messages candygrand
Re: I didn't even want the thing. Now I'm stuck.

I think I'd like it better on a different colored shirt. All that brown on brown makes it hard to really see everything at first. But, I can see how that is somewhat that point.

Muppethero

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Muppethero
TonyJF wrote:Even if this shirt doesn't win, I wish there was a way to get this shirt anyways. Even for $20!!

kinda wish the pig wings were a different color.

Muppethero

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Muppethero
stingray69 wrote:I like the way you think.

I also laughed out loud...This thought has occurred to me as well... LAUGH AT ME WILL YOU FOR NOT KNOCKING DOWN YOUR BALLS!

candygrand

quality posts: 0 Private Messages candygrand
Re: Well balanced meal

Love it! You even got the funnel cake!

octochimp

quality posts: 0 Private Messages octochimp
Re: We are NOT amused !

This is my first derby and the earlier version of this that I put up yesterday had too many colours. Thanks heaps to the members who let me know that I'd made that mistake. Hopefully I've got it right this time.

theempty

quality posts: 0 Private Messages theempty
Re: Forever A-Coastin'

I can't figure out how to vote

ochopika

Staff

theempty wrote:I can't figure out how to vote

You have to purchase at least one thing from any of the Woot sites, even if its a tiny cheap thing. Its to help mitigate fraudulent voting.

lskiewalker

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lskiewalker

I really like this design. +1 from me

thechristoph

quality posts: 0 Private Messages thechristoph

The little "Cheese equals ferris wheel" sign is confusing and distracting. Delete that and you'll have my vote.

thechristoph

quality posts: 0 Private Messages thechristoph
Leahbh wrote:I like this version much better anyway!

I think it would be better if the sign said tickets instead of ticket also, it's kinda bright and takes my eyes away from the dinosaurs. I see the sign first.

I agree that the Ticket sign takes the eye away from the dino. It should be removed altogether in my opinion. Very distracting.

Assassin15

quality posts: 161 Private Messages Assassin15
Re: Lost in Nightmares

Something bout the dude's expression and his epic hat makes my cursor move towards the I'd Want One button. Looks like this one wasn't as under-appreciated as your stuff usually is. Finally!

PULL UP YOUR SKIRT, WE'RE ON A MISSION/
WE NEED A HERO, NOT A POLITICIAN - "Panhammer" by Phinehas

hankescu

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hankescu

A different bear would be more amusement park-y- maybe a bright color like a cheap teddy. The panda looks a lot like a live bear.

burnapaperzach

quality posts: 1 Private Messages burnapaperzach
hankescu wrote:A different bear would be more amusement park-y- maybe a bright color like a cheap teddy. The panda looks a lot like a live bear.

Yeah you might be right. I threw that in because a stuffed panda was the last thing I won at an amusement park ^_^

octochimp

wootvan wrote:From the comp, I thought it was Gilbert Gottfried...boy was I surprised!

hahah, I had to look up who that was, but you're right ! I'm sure he'd be please to hear that he looks like the queen ! hehe.
p.s.I've put up a new version of this design with the right number of colours now. Check it out and tell me what you think.

octochimp

blanked wrote:Read up on the heather gray too, one a derby seems to get rejected for not including the texture in their images.

thanks for the tip. I've done a new one which has hopefully fixed all the issues.

scynn

quality posts: 0 Private Messages scynn
viscosity2004 wrote:That's some messed up ride if anyone is puking blood. Would be better if it was green.

i thought about it, but i chose primary colors

walmazan

quality posts: 64 Private Messages walmazan
SnowQueenVT wrote:I should have said this in my original comment but I keep coming back to look at your coloring.
I think this might be your best coloring yet, it is THAT great.It looks SOOOO good! You really really nailed it, plus it's just so funny.

Awesomeness.

Thanks for your words SnowQueenVT, really you make my day

novastarj

quality posts: 30 Private Messages novastarj
Re: Summer Special 2

Not quite sure I see the theme.

grrlmarvel

quality posts: 12 Private Messages grrlmarvel
tindal wrote:I so want this to win

Meg - just so you know the above is my husband who is supporting YOU. LOL. That is how much he loves your shirt. He is risking a week on the couch just to support you! ;) Serious though, this must win. If not, HM for sure and people better vote the heck out of it in the double take.

JenXer74

quality posts: 0 Private Messages JenXer74
octochimp wrote:This is my first derby and the earlier version of this that I put up yesterday had too many colours. Thanks heaps to the members who let me know that I'd made that mistake. Hopefully I've got it right this time.

That's a great first time entry- much better than my first one! :D

mhodges

quality posts: 9 Private Messages mhodges
midgerock wrote:thanks everyone for the comments and glad there was a few who dug this design. back tot he drawing board for next week.

Its a great design. Wish it was in the fog. Had my vote!

olio

quality posts: 0 Private Messages olio
Re: Forever A-Coastin'

I like the idea (if it is supposed to be a mobius track), but I'm not seeing a mobius strip when I try to trace the track. In other words I can't follow the track so that the Top cars get to where the three other sets of cars are. I think that the track would have to flip somewhere like in the back track at the middle bottom and it doesn't look like it does.

olio

quality posts: 0 Private Messages olio
olio wrote:I like the idea (if it is supposed to be a mobius track), but I'm not seeing a mobius strip when I try to trace the track. In other words I can't follow the track so that the Top cars get to where the three other sets of cars are. I think that the track would have to flip somewhere like in the back track at the middle bottom and it doesn't look like it does.

or if at the right side the track were adjusted so that the back car remained where it is but the front car looked like it would end up on the top of the bottom track

Jeni0816

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Jeni0816
Re: Lost in Nightmares

I missed Nightmare Circus so I'm really, REALLY hoping this one prints!!

j5

quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5
Assassin15 wrote:Something bout the dude's expression and his epic hat makes my cursor move towards the I'd Want One button. Looks like this one wasn't as under-appreciated as your stuff usually is. Finally!

Reminds me a bit of this, also:

move along

travisk02

quality posts: 4 Private Messages travisk02
kiveya wrote:This, I thought it was painfully obvious, especially since all three figures are female.

So what about the resub that I submitted (link in sig) that has an equal number of both genders and some more common warning signs for amusement park rides?

"Expect to get shot down often and hard." -- teh Great TT

j5

quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5
Re: I'm Your Littlest Fan

I'm not feeling the cloven hooves here. or did I just miss the joke that this isn't really a unicorn, but something sinister instead (e.g. unicorn goat)

move along

yankeebird

quality posts: 7 Private Messages yankeebird
mattcom wrote:The dreams of a thousand children have been shattered onto the wall of oppression.

A touch dramatic.