Misskari

quality posts: 8 Private Messages Misskari
Re: Lost in Nightmares

Dang, you guys are an unstoppable force.

ZandersZa

quality posts: 5 Private Messages ZandersZa
Re: The Red Barron's First Flight

You are very, very talented. That is all.

rayray099

quality posts: 6 Private Messages rayray099
blinddog3d wrote:This looks great! That perfect time at twilight when the lights come on and the fairway comes to life!

What colour is the Shirt?

Civil twilight! Always so pretty, esp. here on the gulf coast. We have amazing sunsets.
Patrickspens you are a master of your craft; this is great! It helps that this sub combines two of my fave things: plans and parks. Ok 3, escaping into the unknown is up there, too. GMV!

Misskari

Re: D-I-Ysneyland

What a great collab! Nice job to both of you. You each brought your strengths to the table.

Misskari

Re: The Nerdiest Place on Earth!

Nerd shirts are the best. :D

rayray099

quality posts: 6 Private Messages rayray099
burnapaperzach wrote:This is awesome.

lol i love their lil teeth, too. And those teen workers are so disgruntled they never follow the color pattern, anyways. So i see what you did there. Awesome t!

arobb81

quality posts: 0 Private Messages arobb81
Re: Fun house reflections

This is really sweet, and I love the style.

arobb81

quality posts: 0 Private Messages arobb81
arobb81 wrote:This is really sweet, and I love the style.

Whoops, I didn't mean to parrot the person above me. This tugs at my heart strings! There, hopefully more original. I really love, love, love his expression. Very touching.

jerberry

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jerberry
Re: Dunk O' Kitty

I love the kitty; the big eyes and flattened ears do it for me! I love the colors,too. It does feel slightly boxy. Maybe a mouse getting ready to play would be cute, up front. Overall, I just felt like I wouldn't wear it, but enjoyed your work!

runnerfrog13

quality posts: 10 Private Messages runnerfrog13
Re: Heed the Warnings of The Ride...

You seem pretty resistant to all the suggestions as to why this could be offensive and probably got rejected, but the fact is, just because you didn't intend the design to be offensive, doesn't mean it wasn't actually offensive in execution. Don't use amateur artistic skills as the scapegoat, because it's not about your skills here. It's about the concept.

I agree with the numerous posters, that without the context of amusement parks in some form or another, this more or less appears as a sexual shirt or a discriminatory shirt.

I really like simple shirt designs though, personally, so I would encourage you to keep submitting in future derbies! Shirt.woot's rules aren't really written down anywhere, so there is of course alot of interpretation by the staff, but you'll get the hang of things. Here's the "unofficial derby rules" thread I found most helpful http://shirt.woot.com/Forums/ViewPost.aspx?PostID=1946963

runnerfrog13

quality posts: 10 Private Messages runnerfrog13
wheadavi wrote:Unfortunately, you're victim to the "cute bunnies" syndrome too much at work here on woot--if it's not forest animals cavorting innocently in some way very loosely connects prescribed theme, then the idea is torpedoed.

This is a gross hyperbole here, and you know it. There are alot of really good non-cutesy-animals shirts that do well. In fact, 6 of the 9 shirts in the fog don't feature cutesy animals.

AnimalChin624

quality posts: 0 Private Messages AnimalChin624

Great design... as usual quality work from you.

Re: Cycle of Life: A Ride for Water

mjc613

quality posts: 47 Private Messages mjc613
Re: We are NOT amused !

Excellent recovery! This would have had a better chance if it had been submitted earlier; now that you know more about the derby, try to learn about the derby on Thurs, and submit it by Sunday at the latest. It's great to see new talent!

npromero

quality posts: 0 Private Messages npromero
megsck wrote:even though im still a bigger warner fan than a disney fan ;) go bugs!

Them be fight'n words little missy. ;P

But seriously how can you not love the classics.

For any one of you lilly livered bow legged varmits care teh slap leather with me, in case any of ya get any idears, ya better know yer dealin with. I'm tha' hootiness, tootiness, shootiness bob tailed wild cat in the west. I'm tha' fastest gun north, south, east, andddd west of tha' pecos. - Yosemite Sam
I mean look at thim

Or here are some of the Disney's American Legends.

I miss the old animated days. Not that I don't like the cartoons now, just not as much.

midgerock

quality posts: 6 Private Messages midgerock
jerberry wrote:I love the kitty; the big eyes and flattened ears do it for me! I love the colors,too. It does feel slightly boxy. Maybe a mouse getting ready to play would be cute, up front. Overall, I just felt like I wouldn't wear it, but enjoyed your work!

thanks jerberry for sharing. It does make a difference hearing people do enjoy even though its not something they would wear. Thank you.

KaylaJ

quality posts: 22 Private Messages KaylaJ
mhodges wrote:Sign me up for that one! As a "veteran" of multiple seasons as a "character actor" in an amusement park many years ago, I still have nightmares.

OK, it was not that bad, and was actually a lot of fun, but still there's always that one kid you'd like to hit over your head with your Captain Caveman club when no one is looking.

I played Chuck at Chuck E Cheese for awhile in HS and I was always warned about a little girl who's grandmother would bring her in every Monday and basically ignore her while she wailed on the costumed characters. Sure enough one day she came in and was pulling on me every which way. Thankfully a co-worker came and saved me and got me safely to the dressing room. Of course the first thing I did was remove the head and that's when my friend opened the door to give me some water. He had the door open and must've noticed my eyes grow large cause he suddenly turned around. There was the girl who had just been kicking my butt obviously lying in wait to torture me more, but instead saw me holding Chuck's head. I'll never forget the stunned look on her face as my friend and I quickly closed the door and laughed. Never saw her again.

Also definitely voted for this one even though I know its pain simply cause the look of the bunny ;)

mjc613

quality posts: 47 Private Messages mjc613
Re: Forever A-Coastin' (beautiful brown!)

The brown looks good but it may not print well. Dark ink tends to get lost on the darker shirt colors.

walmazan

quality posts: 62 Private Messages walmazan
Re: To Hell and Back

I love it so much!

dannidoll

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dannidoll
candygrand wrote:Love it! You even got the funnel cake!

Well, you've GOT to have funnel cake! =P

mojophilter

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mojophilter
bloczyns wrote:Just perfect. My son is a coaster/thrill ride junkie- I look at this and see him. Amazing job!

Mine's autistic and I see him in this, too. It's what I like to think is going on in his head.

megsck

quality posts: 6 Private Messages megsck
npromero wrote:Them be fight'n words little missy. ;P

But seriously how can you not love the classics.

For any one of you lilly livered bow legged varmits care teh slap leather with me, in case any of ya get any idears, ya better know yer dealin with. I'm tha' hootiness, tootiness, shootiness bob tailed wild cat in the west. I'm tha' fastest gun north, south, east, andddd west of tha' pecos. - Yosemite Sam
I mean look at thim

Or here are some of the Disney's American Legends.

I miss the old animated days. Not that I don't like the cartoons now, just not as much.

^^^ quality post!

they just dont make em' like they used to unfortunately. im just glad i got to grow up with it, i feel bad for the kids growing up today without old school bugs bunny to look up to. =) the crazy thing, is that there are tons of those old school animators around still and even more new animators that are just as good that could do it, but making those types of animations is just way too time consuming and expensive for TV to give them a shot. cg and flash is all the craze now because its cheap and fast. In TV hardly anyone hand draws animation anymore, and even then they dont fully animate everything in the us. there is some hope, however, that hand drawn full animation is coming back atleast in feature film, so go out and support any hand drawn animated films when they come out!!

Th-th-th-that's all, folks! ;)

octochimp

quality posts: 0 Private Messages octochimp
JenXer74 wrote:That's a great first time entry- much better than my first one! :D

thanks very much. I could hardly draw just 2 years ago, and my work has improved gradually (this being my best work so far). I'm so glad you like it.

octochimp

quality posts: 0 Private Messages octochimp
thatrobert wrote:

• Congratulations on winning a Best Loser Award!
  • This is not SPAM.
  • Winning a BLA does NOT mean this shirt won't print -- I'm hoping it does.
  • Your one and only gift is this crappy little badge in your shirt thread. Enjoy.
  • For we, we are not long here; our time is but a breath, so we better breathe it.

Wow, thanks so much. I am honoured. I thought I'd done pretty well with my design, but then I saw some of the amazing designs I was up against. Some seriously amazing designers here that I am in awe of! I'm stoked to get a mention. Yay !!

bluetuba

quality posts: 58 Private Messages bluetuba
Re: Tipping Point

I love your characters and style, and I really enjoyed reading Bearnuts..

Certain designers around here make me despise bunnies and the like, but the truth is a good artist can make up for it.

olio

quality posts: 0 Private Messages olio
ochopika wrote:One mooore thing; It does flip in the middle-bottom one there, just it's covered up by the top track. The track gets all skinny there before it gets covered up, seee? Maybe next time I'll draw a more DiVinci style diagram instead of loose ink sketch. Hope my clarification didn't make it look more confusing.

it looked to me like a mobius trefoil knot [but with a twist missing ;) ].

It is fine if you intended it to be two sided or didn't care if it were one or two. I assumed that it was supposed to be a single sided structure because I really wanted it to be.

I looked at that middle bottom for a while trying to make it flip and was successful some times, but it was too much work. Anyway, if you want to show a mobius thingy in some other design, I suggest putting the twists out in the open and keep what happens in hidden areas simple.

I did like your design...I just liked what I thought your design was better ;)

lucky1988

quality posts: 20 Private Messages lucky1988
Re: The Nerdiest Place on Earth!

Thanks everyone!

Cheers Robert!

popyea

quality posts: 0 Private Messages popyea

Thanks guys, i'll try to submit earlier next time.

brockart

quality posts: 7 Private Messages brockart
Re: To Hell And Back v2

This reminds me of a Meatloaf Song.

Like a bat of our hell i'll be gone till the morning comes!

ochopika

quality posts: 25 Private Messages ochopika
olio wrote:it looked to me like a mobius trefoil knot [but with a twist missing ;) ].

It is fine if you intended it to be two sided or didn't care if it were one or two. I assumed that it was supposed to be a single sided structure because I really wanted it to be.

I looked at that middle bottom for a while trying to make it flip and was successful some times, but it was too much work. Anyway, if you want to show a mobius thingy in some other design, I suggest putting the twists out in the open and keep what happens in hidden areas simple.

I did like your design...I just liked what I thought your design was better ;)

Ahhh I get it. Nooo making a mobius twisty thing would have made my brain explode. Its just a simple knot thing that has some twists. I can try for more complex though, if the opportunity arises.

ochopika

imagine77 wrote:I agree with the other poster above. I am also not an artist, I also preferred the other color, and I also like the quirky simple designs. Also Also Also

I also thank you for your input!

ochopika

mjc613 wrote:The brown looks good but it may not print well. Dark ink tends to get lost on the darker shirt colors.

Good to know! The original on white was my personal favorite as that is what I made the design for, but not everyone likes to wear white after all.

mhodges

quality posts: 9 Private Messages mhodges

I absolutely love this shirt, as both a huge carnival/amusement park fan and as a private pilot. It's got my vote.

But... I would like it much better as a back print, with maybe a small front pocket print of some sort or no front print at all. Just not a fan of large top front prints. It'll be harder for me to pull the trigger on the front print.

Same with license and registration. Two of my favorite shirts in a long time, but they both work better as back prints I think.

swammi1203

quality posts: 0 Private Messages swammi1203
Re: Lost in Nightmares

I wish your shirts were more to my style where I would actually buy them, that aside, you two always produce top notch work.

srm8ib4

quality posts: 5 Private Messages srm8ib4
Re: Bunnypark

This reminds me of the cartoon crayon shin chan. love it

Bandrik

quality posts: 71 Private Messages Bandrik
Re: The Red Barron's First Flight

By dad actually flies a bi-plane. My friends dub it the "Red Baron", as... it's red. Haha!

So you get a vote. I also happen to like this design as well. :D

Bandrik

Re: “License and Registration”

Not a bad thing, but I swear that officer reminds me of Captain Crunch. You know, the corn cereal mascot. XD

Bandrik

Re: A Delicious Fate

The expressions and the ominous looming of the fortune teller machine got my vote. Also, the expression style and the fact it's a potato reminds me of a couple of those VGCats comics (not a bad thing to me!)

reliseme

quality posts: 0 Private Messages reliseme
Re: It's All Fun and Games Until...

I would immediately buy this shirt. Can I immediately buy this shirt?are

Bandrik

Re: Bunnypark

I love it. It sums up exactly my sentiments towards bunnies on woot. If I could give a hundred votes, I would. Win or not, thank you for sharing this design with us all!

wrj325

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wrj325
mattcom wrote:This is the winner, nothing can stop its rise to glory.

Yeah, about that...