wrj325

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wrj325
mattcom wrote:This is the winner, nothing can stop its rise to glory.

Yeah, about that...

jmmbell1987

quality posts: 78 Private Messages jmmbell1987

I've never understood the hate for heather grey. At all.

Anyway, fantastic design. Richly deserves a print. Fingers crossed!

wootvan

quality posts: 63 Private Messages wootvan
Bandrik wrote:Not a bad thing, but I swear that officer reminds me of Captain Crunch. You know, the corn cereal mascot. XD

You have the correct rank, but the wrong officer...he looks like-->

jmmbell1987

This is definitely a more female-friendly design, but superb regardless. You've become one of my favorite artists lately. I look forward to your work each week. Someday you'll garner a well deserved print, hopefully sooner than later.

jmmbell1987

Delightfully bizarre. I hope you keep submitting to derbies. I really like your style.

sdkammer

quality posts: 30 Private Messages sdkammer
Re: Footlong Corn Dog

Ummm...this could be interpreted several ways I think....

lonelypond

quality posts: 461 Private Messages lonelypond
Re: The Rollercoaster of Love

Sorry to see this out of the fog; style suits the idea to a (pause) t.

Like Poe? Of course you do, you're here ; ) Try my new mystery novel:

lonelypond

Re: “License and Registration”

ha! great stuff + my favorite ride.

Rainbow7180

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Rainbow7180

Totally reminds me of Hagar the Horrible!

lonelypond

Re: Delusions of Grandeur

yes, as mentioned above, very orange cat.

partimejudas

quality posts: 0 Private Messages partimejudas
Re: The Red Barron's First Flight

If this prints I'll have to buy two. One to wear and one to stare at.

Now 100% chock full of little wind-up robots!

Muppethero

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Muppethero
novastarj wrote:Nice doom. I think it's subtle enough to sneak on through. Maybe he just spilled some lemonade ;)

sad i want this!

paigeg

quality posts: 7 Private Messages paigeg
Re: We are NOT amused !

Great save - I loved the first one, but rules are rules. Looking forward to more from you.

octochimp

quality posts: 0 Private Messages octochimp
mjc613 wrote:Excellent recovery! This would have had a better chance if it had been submitted earlier; now that you know more about the derby, try to learn about the derby on Thurs, and submit it by Sunday at the latest. It's great to see new talent!

thanks very much. Yes, I'll be glad to stick around and have another go. Looks like a lot of fun.

merzzie

quality posts: 0 Private Messages merzzie
Re: Elephant Ears

LMAO- this shirt is awesome!

octochimp

jmmbell1987 wrote:Delightfully bizarre. I hope you keep submitting to derbies. I really like your style.

Hehe, Oh good. Thanks for your encouraging comments.

octochimp

paigeg wrote:Great save - I loved the first one, but rules are rules. Looking forward to more from you.

thanks. it's funny, I like the first one too and I was worried it wouldn't work as well with less colours, but I actually like the new version even better. There's a lesson in that I think.

gayemeyer

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gayemeyer
Re: Forever A-Coastin' (beautiful brown!)

I also have the concern that the design may not show as well on the the dark shirt, although i like a color better. What about some sort of dark that isn't quite as dark as the brown--or making the roller coaster a lighter color? Just exploring possibilities.

gayemeyer

Re: Forever A-Coastin' (beautiful brown!)

I really like this brown though. It probably would print fine.

gayemeyer

Re: Lucky Roller V2

What about a black shirt?

merzzie

quality posts: 0 Private Messages merzzie
Re: I didn't even want the thing. Now I'm stuck.

I have always wanted a bear too big to carry. Sadly no one has ever won one for me.

drmaxdog

quality posts: 2 Private Messages drmaxdog
Re: Wooden Wonder - The Main Attraction

I was so excited when I heard this derby theme, because the men in my house are HUGE coaster buffs and I thought there would be a lot of roller coaster choices. But I have been disappointed by the "cutsie" shirts that have been prevailing in a lot of the derbies lately. Not that I have anything against cute, but I was happy to see this design. Hope you get pushed into the FOG, I would totally buy this design for my son and my husband. Plus one from me!!!

RaveDroid

quality posts: 15 Private Messages RaveDroid
walmazan wrote:“License and Registration”

6 colors on navy

I hope you like it!

Some detail:

BEST! My favorite in the derby by far

If you can read this, yourᅠbrowser'sᅠCompatibilityᅠsettings
areᅠconfiguredᅠcorrectly.ᅠᅠツ

drmaxdog

quality posts: 2 Private Messages drmaxdog
Re: Wooden Wonder - The Main Attraction

oh, and the place for REAL coaster buffs is Cedar Point Ohio - too many monsters to even name, though it has my husband's favorite wooden coaster of all time - Magnum. and my favorites - Millineum Force and Top Thrill Dragster!!

grrlmarvel

quality posts: 12 Private Messages grrlmarvel

Welcome to the Woot Derby! I hope that we see more of you! Feel free to reach out to the people around here... we're all pretty friendly.

Great job on your first entry.

alephnull2k1

quality posts: 1 Private Messages alephnull2k1
nuklearpie wrote:Love the concept!
Just a couple of things I would like to see in this.

1. Without knowing the context of the shirt "amusement parks," it's a bit difficult to to extrapolate that the short knight (SK) is being rejected for the siege. Or at least, it's not immediately apparent that is the intention. I would add maybe a long line of tall knights behind the catapult, or have it pass by the SK. Or even have a ride entrance gate with festive amusement designs!

I think the rejection reads quite well (clearly the short knight is dejected), but I think there's a disconnect between the "measuring" and the "ride"...the catapulting knight is fairly far in the background. I could see this reading better if there were a "cattle chute" leading up to the catapult with other (taller) knights in it, and maybe a queue of knights behind the short knight, just to reinforce that the short knight is being rejected from "the ride" that everyone else is getting to go on.

Spiritgreen

quality posts: 225 Private Messages Spiritgreen
Re: The Caffeinator

BLA! Cool, thank you ThatRobert and bluejester.

Thanks also @ gymst & MathUhhhSaurus. ^_^

yankeebird

quality posts: 7 Private Messages yankeebird

I'm glad you ignored my opinion about not resubmitting for this derby. That's a pretty respectable quantity of votes for a first-timer and a late entry to boot. Seems like a lot of people like your style. Congrats.

grrlmarvel

jmmbell1987 wrote:This is definitely a more female-friendly design, but superb regardless. You've become one of my favorite artists lately. I look forward to your work each week. Someday you'll garner a well deserved print, hopefully sooner than later.

Thank you so much, you really made my day. Normally I don't do such girlie stuff. I have no idea where this came from. LOL. Must have been the Spring feeling...

grrlmarvel

Re: The Caffeinator

I totally want to hire you to do an avatar for me just because of the faces on this one. I still chuckle every time I see the OOOOOO face.

zzzzz78759

quality posts: 9 Private Messages zzzzz78759
Re: Lady Liberty's Day at the Fair

Very nice. I think the Panda is fine. Only thing I might have added would be maybe lights on her crown, you know those LED lights that you get at the carnival that blink and look completely ridiculous but you think they're cool at the time It might set off the crown a little, too.

Just saying. Got my vote and I do like it a lot. Great idea.

zzzzz78759

quality posts: 9 Private Messages zzzzz78759
gayemeyer wrote:What about a black shirt?

Or a color in the design (blue or red, PLEASE NOT YELLOW!!!), though that might kill the look.

I don't care for this green, either, but I do like the design. Sort of like that "Life is Good" guy. He did pretty well for himself

j5

quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5
Re: Not Amused

Is this like, Bad Santa meets bunny land?

I have a shirt catalog, y'all!

blk909

quality posts: 0 Private Messages blk909
Re: Big Winner!

I love your color choices and the robot's self-satisfied look. Wish more folks agreed!

ccazabon

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ccazabon
Re: It's All Fun and Games Until...

definitely a creative twist to the "line of similar things w/ 1 being different and the closest ones noticing while others oblivious"...there's got to be a shorter description than that but my mind is failing me today.

great shirt. GMV

megsck

quality posts: 6 Private Messages megsck
Re: A Delicious Fate

sad face...get these spuds back in the fog where they belong!

craftyminou

quality posts: 0 Private Messages craftyminou

This is the only shirt I would buy out of the fog, I really hope it gets printed!

ETA: I meant the Lost in Nightmares one, looks like the quote didn't make it through.

collinvh

quality posts: 67 Private Messages collinvh

ATTENTION THEME PARK GUESTS:

THE WOODEN WONDER WILL CLOSE IN 1 HOUR. We hope you enjoyed your ride on the Wooden Wonder. The Woot! roller coaster will open at noon tomorrow with different twists and turns. This will be the final ride for the Wooden Wonder. ALL ABOARD!

cameronwilliams

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cameronwilliams

Really wish I could buy this one.

citizencoyote

quality posts: 42 Private Messages citizencoyote

The Monty Python vibe is most excellent. Wonderfully offbeat.

Don't get discouraged by other talent; there are a lot of good artists submitting to the derbies these days. All it takes is unique vision (check), memorable style (check), good timing (better luck next time) and a heaping of luck to get into the cloud. Best of that last one to you in future derbies, but GMV anyway!