+ Add a Comment

Leahbh

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Leahbh
Re: “License and Registration”

I love it and voted for it, but i'm not gonna get too excited, because the best designs never win.

walmazan

quality posts: 62 Private Messages walmazan
Re: A Delicious Fate

Lol! you guys make my day! excellent sub!

+1

Jeus

quality posts: 36 Private Messages Jeus
Re: Rules to Ride...

Wow, this is a huge crock of sh*t, someone makes a sign that follows the rules and just because it isnt cute forrest creatures doing stuff that doesnt follow the rules it gets rejected?

This rejection makes no sense to me and a "No" is a crappy way out imo. How about a suggestion on how he could make it not rejected maybe point to a rule that was broken or some other way that this wont work for woots customer base?

Proudly tracking via WootStalker.com                                                                                                   (8:11 AM, 7/9/2010) Jeus framed the first letter of its kind

greystone9

quality posts: 0 Private Messages greystone9
dsgnGrl wrote:Medusa - dual entry by me and greystone9. 6 colors on olive.

And NO gradients. :D

midgerock

quality posts: 6 Private Messages midgerock
Re: THE ULTIMATE THRILL RIDE

definitely epic sequence there! I don't think I could do it. I have a bad enough time watching people on Wipeout and feel muscle cramps from watching.

noahbudie

quality posts: 0 Private Messages noahbudie
Re: Spider Love

One more gargleblaster this is so good! I want one! THe lady spider ate him! LMAO

thumperchick

quality posts: 233 Private Messages thumperchick
Jeus wrote:Wow, this is a huge crock of sh*t, someone makes a sign that follows the rules and just because it isnt cute forrest creatures doing stuff that doesnt follow the rules it gets rejected?

This rejection makes no sense to me and a "No" is a crappy way out imo. How about a suggestion on how he could make it not rejected maybe point to a rule that was broken or some other way that this wont work for woots customer base?

Maybe (this is only my opinion) it's because it comes off like a "no fat chicks" shirt. Which wouldn't really appeal to the woot crowd, and is a pop-culture reference?

I do like the idea, but not the execution.

JesseBYAH

quality posts: 5 Private Messages JesseBYAH
KIDA26 wrote:I would never wear this... BUT, it made me laugh out loud at my desk so you automatically get a vote. Nicely done.

I also laughed out loud at my desk, and I definitely WOULD wear this, so double vote from me! Wait, I can't do that. Ok, I'll give you one though. The only thing that's bothering me about it is that the bunny in the middle is turned to the side quite a bit but his reflection is not... Maybe that's the trick mirror? Haha I dunno, it's not big enough of a flaw to take away my vote. I can blame the mirror :P

The big bunny is so creepy but so cute, I love it Maybe he is a Flemish Giant? If you've never heard of Flemish Giant bunnies, do a google image search. No, it's not a joke- they're real and I WANT ONE!

ochopika

quality posts: 25 Private Messages ochopika
Re: Forever A-Coastin' (beautiful brown!)

Just experimenting to see if everyone likes a darker color better. I know it might split mah votes up, but if people like this more then Ill just keep this one up.

What do yous guys think?

Jeus

quality posts: 36 Private Messages Jeus
thumperchick wrote:Maybe (this is only my opinion) it's because it comes off like a "no fat chicks" shirt. Which wouldn't really appeal to the woot crowd, and is a pop-culture reference?

well there are signs like this and while it doesnt say fat chicks or people need not wait in line they say "certain body types may not fit in the seats for this ride" since there is no text how would you make that into a sign? just asking not trying to start crap, i just get tired of the rejections without reason, some people work hard on this stuff no matter how simple the art may look to some.

Proudly tracking via WootStalker.com                                                                                                   (8:11 AM, 7/9/2010) Jeus framed the first letter of its kind

mrwednesday

quality posts: 12 Private Messages mrwednesday
Re: Scary Ride

One more gargleblaster! This is so amazingly clever cause like roller coasters are scary and like death is on it cause you could so like die. I never would have thought of that in a million years the artistry is just so phenomenal.

+++1 SQueeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!

JesseBYAH

travisk02

quality posts: 4 Private Messages travisk02
thumperchick wrote:Maybe (this is only my opinion) it's because it comes off like a "no fat chicks" shirt. Which wouldn't really appeal to the woot crowd, and is a pop-culture reference?

So change the thumbnail? If so then something more than just a "no" would be appreciated from woot.

and here's some images of actual ride warning signs...

"Expect to get shot down often and hard." -- teh Great TT

Spiritgreen

quality posts: 210 Private Messages Spiritgreen
Re: Dino-Powered

Really nice! Great choice of blues and oranges. ^__^

+1

sTyLeS

quality posts: 9 Private Messages sTyLeS
ochopika wrote:Just experimenting to see if everyone likes a darker color better. I know it might split mah votes up, but if people like this more then Ill just keep this one up.

What do yous guys think?

I like the brown better.
I also think you need to purchase something from woot, so at the very least you can vote on your own design.

thumperchick

Re: I'm Your Littlest Fan

This seriously reminds me of a scene in "Despicable ME"... aside from the pop-culture similarities... IT'S SO FLUFFEEEEEEEE!!!

I like it. Hope it makes it through.

JesseBYAH

nblottie wrote:I had a page full of sketches, I just wanted to find the one that was both fun and a little odd at the same time.

You nailed it. The colors are awesome. The background is awesome as well. Very funny and beautifully drawn!

Spiritgreen

quality posts: 210 Private Messages Spiritgreen
Re: A Delicious Fate

Really nice work, fellas. Great coloring, great expressions.

(Have you ever seen Weebl's On The Moon flash cartoons, Seed? Your style reminds me of that a bit. Very cool.)

sTyLeS

Jeus wrote:Wow, this is a huge crock of sh*t, someone makes a sign that follows the rules and just because it isnt cute forrest creatures doing stuff that doesnt follow the rules it gets rejected?

This is just my take on it, but it may be because of the sexual innuendos. There are lots, and I mean lots, of shirts available that have similar "you must be this tall to ride this ride" type shirts.
But I do agree that more descriptive rejections would help eliminate all the speculation.

mrwednesday

nblottie wrote:I made this one for my daughter, inspired by the unicorn toy she's currently obsessed with. As for myself, when I was a kid I could have dressed like a ninja turtle every day. I'm just saying.

This kind of cracks me up because the navy gives a real ominous kind of vibe and the unicorn does not look to have the most wholesome intentions.

blk909

quality posts: 0 Private Messages blk909
melissann34 wrote:Just a quick design

on a side note...
I wish I knew how to do the fancy shirt comps with the real teeshirts and whatnot...

Poke around the blog heading; there have been many posts about where to find out how to do various wonderful things on t'shirts, and how to use the site to your advantage.

sTyLeS

mrwednesday wrote:This kind of cracks me up because the navy gives a real ominous kind of vibe and the unicorn does look to have the most wholesome intentions.

I agree, in a PedoBear kind of way.
And the look on the girls face is sort of like "umm..sorry..I was looking for this cute unicorn and you're obviously not it...I'll just be moving along now"

mrwednesday

Re: Fun house reflections

As much as the design makes me want to vomit the concept isn't too bad so I guess it's a push.

ochopika

sTyLeS wrote:I like the brown better.
I also think you need to purchase something from woot, so at the very least you can vote on your own design.

I totally will as soon as i have expendable income, and this is happening soon :P

Yes I really could not afford a $10 t-shirt.

I'm gonna do it.

thumperchick

Jeus wrote:well there are signs like this and while it doesnt say fat chicks or people need not wait in line they say "certain body types may not fit in the seats for this ride" since there is no text how would you make that into a sign? just asking not trying to start crap, i just get tired of the rejections without reason, some people work hard on this stuff no matter how simple the art may look to some.

I think the thumbnail had a lot to do with it. There could've been a lot of different takes on this shirt. It would've been more relevant (read, likeable) if the too short to ride sign was the thumbnail.
What I would've done? I can't draw and have limited design skills, but here would be my take:
Use a non human (cut out all of the offended fat people) who is looking at the signs while juggling all of the fair food. That would be snapped up in a second if done right.
Or mock the signs openly. Have a sign where small people fall out.

And yes, the "no" rejections are asinine. Sometimes all it needs is a slight adjustment to be fog-worthy!

travisk02

sTyLeS wrote:This is just my take on it, but it may be because of the sexual innuendos. There are lots, and I mean lots, of shirts available that have similar "you must be this tall to ride this ride" type shirts.
But I do agree that more descriptive rejections would help eliminate all the speculation.

Just because some people see stuff in the "bad way" doesn't mean that I didn't put some work into it and provide valid reasoning based off of actual real world signs and warnings... :/

I give props to those who can draw REALLY well but I want my "A for effort" and don't see why this should be rejected because SOMEBODY may look at it the wrong way.

flowr65

quality posts: 0 Private Messages flowr65

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this!

bluejester

quality posts: 557 Private Messages bluejester
Re: Rules to Ride...

To put my two cents in, I don't think it has anything to do really with the fat chicks thing. I do think it totally has to do with the placement of the pregnant lady's kid. It's too close to...um...the "exit" shall we say. Which makes the shirt cross the PG-13 boundry.

Just my take on it of course.

SkekTek

quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek
Re: SnoCone punks Cotton Candy

Cotton candy and water don't mix.

ochopika

Re: Forever A-Coastin'

I posted a brown version of this, if it gets more votes then I'll keep that one up instead.

Just in case y'all didn't see it yet.

bluejester

bluejester wrote:To put my two cents in, I don't think it has anything to do really with the fat chicks thing. I do think it totally has to do with the placement of the pregnant lady's kid. It's too close to...um...the "exit" shall we say. Which makes the shirt cross the PG-13 boundry.

Note: Also, all your examples are female, which may come across as mysoginisic. I don't think it is that, but another possibilty.

bluejester

tico0001 wrote:Aah! Shirt Woot Derby... what would I do without you?
You are so full of drama and entertainment, trickery, mockery, forgery, thievery, photo and vector tracing, astounding half-toning, amazing and mediocre art, improbable shading, etc.
Of course, none of this would be possible without the contribution from our favorite usual suspects and artists like, in no particular order, walmazan, patrickspens, tgentry, seki(the nom nom indicent provided me with days of planetary proportion amusement!), ramyb, adder and mr Wed (where are you guys? miss you <3), jlegos and now gumiyo(welcome to this mess!), radiomode, kdeuce, boots, dianaS, kasey, jasneko, Drakxxx, cmdixon, crecendebris, et al.

Again, thank you! Look at me, I'm getting all sentimental...

~Tico

::Sniffles:: Choking back the tears here. Thank God for woot, with my favorite soaps getting canceled, where am I to go for all my drama?

::ahem:: *I mean* I like manly things, YES! Manly! Shotguns, beer, football.

travisk02

bluejester wrote:To put my two cents in, I don't think it has anything to do really with the fat chicks thing. I do think it totally has to do with the placement of the pregnant lady's kid. It's too close to...um...the "exit" shall we say. Which makes the shirt cross the PG-13 boundry.

That's due to my poor drawing ability... nothing intentional on that. :/

bluejester wrote:Note: Also, all your examples are female, which may come across as mysoginisic. I don't think it is that, but another possibilty.

Decided to go with the pregnant lady sign so I just figured I'd make them all female, but you're saying having a fat guy would make it ok? Yeah, that's not wrong at all...

bluejester

Re: BACON Chocolate-Covered, Deep-Fried Cotton Candy

Wow, I didn't think this design could get any better. How could I forget the bacon!

thumperchick

travisk02 wrote:Decided to go with the pregnant lady sign so I just figured I'd make them all female, but you're saying having a fat guy would make it ok? Yeah, that's not wrong at all...

Or a short guy, but then this shirt would be about 300 different kinds of funny AND get rejected again for the type of humor...

putrizomberg

quality posts: 0 Private Messages putrizomberg

Sweet.

sTyLeS

travisk02 wrote:Decided to go with the pregnant lady sign so I just figured I'd make them all female, but you're saying having a fat guy would make it ok? Yeah, that's not wrong at all...

I don't think it's an issue with the fat person at all. Heck, even my design this week has a morbidly obese kid, and it hasn't been rejected.
You'll just have to send an email and ask for clarification. Only way to know for sure.

bluejester

walmazan wrote:“License and Registration”

6 colors on navy

I hope you like it!

Some detail:

Nicely done man. Love the sunglasses that you added to the cop, I think that's what sells it for me.

omnitarian

quality posts: 15 Private Messages omnitarian
Re: Super Park

Yeah, this is quite novel. Salud!