littleclyde

quality posts: 16 Private Messages littleclyde
Re: INSPIRED By KILLER BEES

Awesome. Great expressions on these little guys.

littleclyde

quality posts: 16 Private Messages littleclyde
laggyg wrote:You know, there was something I couldn't quite put my finger on...a little itch in the back of my mind that said "despite it's awesomeness, something is bothering me about this design."

You nailed it.

It's probably way too late for a resub though, no? And I still want one, as-is, anyway...maybe more than one so I don't feel bad wearing it (like I might wreck it). It's still such an incredible design even without being off-centered...

I actually tried a side placement first, but it just didn't look right. The smack center print really did look better with the roundness of the record. Subjective, I guess. But I'm glad you like it anyway!

IndependentVik

quality posts: 11 Private Messages IndependentVik
JadenKale wrote:remove "sort of", and I agree.

Word. I didn't mean to imply anything less than full-throated enthusiasm for Bass's artistic chops. I can see how my original comment could read differently, however, so thanks for giving me the opportunity to clarify

SnowQueenVT

quality posts: 0 Private Messages SnowQueenVT
jnorah wrote:One more gargleblaster! This is to cool I love your line work.

Thanks jnorah!

http://www.wix.com/scottgreenip/snowqueenvt

Jefforama

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Jefforama

This is awesome. My only complaint is that the splatter behind him makes it look very graphic-designy. I'd much rather it have the simplicity of the image without that distraction.

nowikissyou

quality posts: 1 Private Messages nowikissyou

I agree with the previous wooters, this design is awesomely funny, and the only one on this derby that I would actually buy, thus it gets my vote. Too bad it was submitted late and has a zero chance of printing :/

Also, why is it that the thumbnail looks so Battlefield Earth (2000) compared to the fullsize images? Looks like the half-tones/gradients/whatever are being severely mangled.

sTyLeS

quality posts: 9 Private Messages sTyLeS
Re: Inspired by Teamwork

Yeah, they definitely look like Siamese twin puppies.

deniserussell76

quality posts: 0 Private Messages deniserussell76

I NEED this shirt. Please. Please. Please.

jnorah

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jnorah
SnowQueenVT wrote:Nice artwork,I like the bee on the left the best, he's so cute!

Hey Hey now He is a tough Bee a killer Bee he can't be cute. Just kidding Thanks.

tweakz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tweakz
Re: Inspired by (Northern Lights (Take II))

I don't like it. It looks like something you could get at an Arizona Indian Gift shop. All you need is an OP label and boom, Kmart would sell it.

Then again, I am a bit of a snob.. But truely I would go with a dreamcatcher at the gift shop.

Looking for love in all the wrong places.

tweakz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tweakz
Re: Inspired by (Northern Lights (Take II))

I don't like it. It looks like something you could get at an Arizona Indian Gift shop. All you need is an OP label and boom, Kmart would sell it.

Then again, I am a bit of a snob.. But truely I would go with a dreamcatcher at the gift shop.

Looking for love in all the wrong places.

gottapea

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gottapea

THANK YOU. this is good to know. The community here is so much more helpful than the 'other' shirt site. ;)

I will look forward to entering next week. Is it beneficial to submit early or does it level out(voting wise?)

jnorah

nowikissyou wrote:I agree with the previous wooters, this design is awesomely funny, and the only one on this derby that I would actually buy, thus it gets my vote. Too bad it was submitted late and has a zero chance of printing :/

Also, why is it that the thumbnail looks so Battlefield Earth (2000) compared to the fullsize images? Looks like the half-tones/gradients/whatever are being severely mangled.

Yeah I did enter late, stayed up till 3:30am trying to make sure I got it in before the deadline. I had the initial sketch on Friday but with my kids and mothers day looming did not get around to completing it before early this morning.

Mavyn

quality posts: 22 Private Messages Mavyn
thatrobert wrote:No, but I've read some Duckstoevsky.

There really is a book called Moby Duck. It's about a shipment of bath toy ducks (and beavers, frogs, and turtles) that was swept overboard in 1992. A journalist went on an epic trek to learn about the shipment, ocean currents, and such. Very cool read.

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

walmazan

quality posts: 64 Private Messages walmazan

jnorah

nowikissyou wrote:I agree with the previous wooters, this design is awesomely funny, and the only one on this derby that I would actually buy, thus it gets my vote. Too bad it was submitted late and has a zero chance of printing :/

The thumbnail most tones tend to degrade when reduced thus creating a moiré pattern effect that would not be evident if File is printed. Also if you right click on the thumbnail and select open image in new window you can see larger detail.

Mavyn

Re: Inspired by: Sucka

I suspect most people don't get this shirt, but I like it. Go pleco!

Demonbuttercup

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Demonbuttercup
Re: Inspired by Flower Carrier

Love Katamari

Johndis5

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Johndis5
rainbowconfetti wrote:I beg to disagree- this is exactly what pedophiles do and although I'm sure ramyb didn't mean to connote *such* a horrible image, it comes across nonetheless

It's obviously death. If you see a pedophile, you need to look within to figure out why.

Tirocupidus

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Tirocupidus

This really is stunning. The only design with my vote this week.

no1

quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1
Re: Inspired by Summer

was there a shirt titled "summer"? i didn't see one on tgentry's list (only "summer to fall").

rachy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rachy
thewayisshut wrote:Not the shape of the bones, but the pose. I just find it... cheap that it's exactly the same as the picture I posed. The legs are in the same place, the head's in the same place, the tail... There are many ways to draw a horse skeleton, if one is creative. I see no creativity here. Furthermore, he didn't have to use a skeleton for his joke...

First: It's a horse. It has horse bones. You can't really change what they look like in some attempt to be creative. Therefore, the bones are drawn like every other realistic picture of a horse's bones. We don't get ants in our pants when the pictures in different books look "similar".

Next: It's a Trojan Horse. That is how a Trojan Horse stands. When do you really see a Trojan Horse not standing like that? In order for it not to tip over, it needs all 4 legs on the ground. It is supposed to look grand so it is posed in it's most majestic looking pose. You just need to get past that.

Lastly: It's an x-ray. X-rays show the skeleton. Yes, it needs the skeleton to make the joke successful. Why would you say that it doesn't? Even the little dudes are skeletons to show the x-ray aspect. The skeletons of both the horse and the dudes are the premise of the joke. That is what ties it all together. To say that the skeleton is unneccesary makes no sense. How does this joke work without it?

The creativity is not in the details of any one particular aspect. It is in how the artist brought it all together. Making it glow-in-the-dark is the only thing that could make this design cooler.

zekecatz

quality posts: 202 Private Messages zekecatz
Johndis5 wrote:It's obviously death. If you see a pedophile, you need to look within to figure out why.

Pedophiles sometimes kill their victims. It happened here two days ago.

Mavyn

Re: Inspired by Full of Ink

Wish this could have been subbed sooner. I think it would have made it to the fog.

Ah well.

shpeake

quality posts: 0 Private Messages shpeake
Re: Inspired By (Bearly Significant)

If I could order the one, I would.

Mancho

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Mancho
gottapea wrote:THANK YOU. this is good to know. The community here is so much more helpful than the 'other' shirt site. ;)

I will look forward to entering next week. Is it beneficial to submit early or does it level out(voting wise?)

It's usually better to submit earlier, but sometimes later submissions have done well, particularly if they are outstanding.

jnorah

Re: Inspired by Flora and Phonograph

Love this it is a great design, the wood texture and the ridges as vines really make your piece stand out, very thoughtful execution.

collinvh

quality posts: 63 Private Messages collinvh
Re: Inspired by Summer

Oops! My bad.

collinvh

Re: Inspired by (Nature's Harmony)

This design looks like music to me. Nice placement of the bird and the imprint. +1

collinvh

Re: Inspired by (Unstill Life)

Really love your design. It is different than the usual woot shirt. I like the realistic look. It must have taken awhile to create. I can think of a few women in my life that would love this. +1

DianaSprinkle

quality posts: 134 Private Messages DianaSprinkle
nowikissyou wrote:Also, why is it that the thumbnail looks so Battlefield Earth (2000) compared to the fullsize images? Looks like the half-tones/gradients/whatever are being severely mangled.

The thumbnail is 600 x 600 pixels which is bigger then the 240 x 240 pixels requested by woot. So woot is shirking the image much more then normal to fit correctly. That generally causes the thumbnail to look a little weird on most computers but it's really noticeable on halftones. =]

collinvh

Re: Inspired by Dragon Slayer

Love the style! My neighbor is a pilot and I've been trying to get him to buy a woot shirt. I'm sure this design would win him over and welcome him to the woot club. Great shirt +1

collinvh

Re: Inspired By (We Rule The Air)

Surprised this hasn't pulled in more votes. Very wearable. +1

Josephus

quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus
serenityh wrote:There is something just right about a lion in a raincoat. Really cool design.

SnowQueenVT wrote:Wonderful.

VonMonkey wrote:I love this, it's awesome

thanks, all y'all. I loved this design. I wish I knew where to submit something like this. woot sure ain't it.

sTyLeS

quality posts: 9 Private Messages sTyLeS
Re: Inspired by Taking Flight

Is the one on the right a zombie penguin?

j5

quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5
Re: Inspired by King of the Beasts

And where was this during the Royalty derby, young lady?

move along

bassanimation

quality posts: 98 Private Messages bassanimation
Re: Inspired by King of the Beasts

Hi all,

thank you so so much for your nice compliments on the King! It means so much to me, I appreciate it more than you know. ;_;

I don't often get to do big illustrative things like this. I was really happy to be able to draw and sub this guy, and Im very thankful people have liked him ^_^.

midgerock

quality posts: 6 Private Messages midgerock
Re: Inspired by In the World Of Black and White

Thanks everyone! I appreciate all the supportive comments and those who voted. Really excited for this design and @ cmdixon, the idea of series is great one with a noir series with varied b&w animals; i.e. penguins, zebra, etc. Thanks again for all the support.

domdeluise

quality posts: 0 Private Messages domdeluise
Re: Inspired by Taking Flight

i will agree that the penguin characters are used more than anything else. I would suggest that they be replaced by more ramyb squirrels!
in for three for axe murdering squirrels.

plasmablaster

quality posts: 0 Private Messages plasmablaster
Mavyn wrote:Wish this could have been subbed sooner. I think it would have made it to the fog.

Ah well.

I agree. Hopefully it can fit into another derby in the future. Unless a miracle happens and it makes it to the top this time!