helgram

quality posts: 1 Private Messages helgram

Thank you Spiritgreen, collinvh, loveengrey. It would be great to see this printed, although unfortunately it doesn't look likely at all.

jagendorf

quality posts: 8 Private Messages jagendorf
Re: [url=http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=52581]inspired by

Wow I was not expecting this design to drop out of the fog! The bottom half of the contenders are all really close in votes I guess. So sad to see it lose cause I really wanted this one.

Bilyum it up all day long!

DJ9975

quality posts: 4 Private Messages DJ9975

Another of Ramyb's "one of these things is not like the others" shirts?? NEVER saw that coming!

/end sarcasm

Ramyb supporters flame me if you must, but I just can't understand how this same tired concept sells almost every time.

I can't help thinking that if all his shirts were lined up and sold together at a website, (instead of spread out derby-to-derby as done here) the sheer mass of shirts with the same joke and same rabbits/turtles/penguins/etc would be considered laughable by most visitors.

conezone

quality posts: 0 Private Messages conezone
Re: Inspired by 1984 Duck Hunt

I don't really understand this shirt. Misses are not tracked on the same part of the board as your ships in battleship, and you would have no reason to keep track of your opponent's misses.

grypes

quality posts: 0 Private Messages grypes
shpeake wrote:If I could order the one, I would.

lol. I'm glad someone likes this one. I love this one. I'll make it myself!

smileman66

quality posts: 1 Private Messages smileman66

It keeps happening!

robynlicious

quality posts: 0 Private Messages robynlicious
hankescu wrote:I'd vote for this if the music weren't nonsense. You could use some public domain music, right? Happy Birthday or something, it doesn't matter. I really like the concept.

Happy Birthday is very much NOT in the public domain.

skirochester

quality posts: 4 Private Messages skirochester
bassanimation wrote:Hope this has a place locked up . Good luck, Ski!

thanks bass.. same to you!

Thanks for keeping this in the fog all week everyone! Last minute votes appreciated

verminbury

quality posts: 0 Private Messages verminbury
Re: Inspired By Curious Little Turtle

My mother-in-law wanted to see a flying turtle, for some reason. I've learned not to ask.

JDSardone

quality posts: 3 Private Messages JDSardone
Re: Inspired by Full of Ink

Beautiful colors, Love the Ink design.
Its too bad its so late in the Derby. GMV
The science nerd in me says it should have TENtacles, or rather 8 arms and 2 long tentacles

JenXer74

quality posts: 0 Private Messages JenXer74

Aw, boooo! I'm really sad these didn't stay in the fog.

grrlmarvel

quality posts: 12 Private Messages grrlmarvel
Re: Inspired by Teamwork

Nice work, getting some good votes despite the late entry. Now just crank it out sooner!

cmdixon2

quality posts: 21 Private Messages cmdixon2
thatrobert wrote:

Thanks, Robert!

petitefilou

quality posts: 0 Private Messages petitefilou
Re: Inspired by Taking Flight

Another penguin shirt? Haha, seriously? Ramyb, kudos, I actually think you're making fun of us now.

barkingchicken

quality posts: 0 Private Messages barkingchicken
Re: [url=http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=52666]Inspired by:

I love this one so much more than the original!

astrobat

quality posts: 0 Private Messages astrobat
Re: Inspired By Bats!

Thanks everybody! It's nice to know that there are other people out there who like bats.

expo01

quality posts: 10 Private Messages expo01
Re: Inspired by (Northern Lights (Take II))

Thanks a lot to all who supported my design , very appreciated!!

cheers!! (o;

kaznai

quality posts: 2 Private Messages kaznai
Re: Inspired by Against The Sky

Hands down, without a doubt, and absolutely my favourite in this derby. Heck, my favourite design since Rain, Rain Go Away.
I'd buy two, but I don't see this picking up enough momentum by tomorrow.

Welp, there's always EC or other sites. ;)

I don't usually have much to say, so words from me mean you're doing something very right.

kaznai

quality posts: 2 Private Messages kaznai

Hands down, without a doubt, and absolutely my favourite in this derby. Heck, my favourite design since Rain, Rain Go Away.
I'd buy two, but I don't see this picking up enough momentum by tomorrow.

Welp, there's always EC or other sites. ;)

I don't usually have much to say, so words from me mean you're doing something very right.

jenovanomusuko

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jenovanomusuko
Re: Inspired by King of the Beasts

Exquisite work! Concept and execution - detail, color, texture...

alephnull2k1

quality posts: 1 Private Messages alephnull2k1
DJ9975 wrote:Another of Ramyb's "one of these things is not like the others" shirts?? NEVER saw that coming!

/end sarcasm

Ramyb supporters flame me if you must, but I just can't understand how this same tired concept sells almost every time.

I can't help thinking that if all his shirts were lined up and sold together at a website, (instead of spread out derby-to-derby as done here) the sheer mass of shirts with the same joke and same rabbits/turtles/penguins/etc would be considered laughable by most visitors.

Riiiiiiight. Because in music, the same pop crap never sells. In movies, the same formulaic plot never sells. There aren't 12 police procedurals available on prime-time TV. There aren't a half-dozen "talent" shows with essentially the same format. The Simpsons hasn't run for over 20 years (or Seinfeld for 9) with the exact same characters.

What planet do you actually live on, and when do you go back?

You seriously can't think of anything that distinguishes those designs? "Oh, they have the same characters, and I can reduce them to a single descriptive phrase, therefore I must treat them as identical". Some people might buy all three just because they have cute penguins on them, or because ramyb is, like, their favoritest artist, evar... But I think someone who'd buy "Inspired by Taking Flight" would be far less likely to own "Impostor", because "Impostor" isn't "edgy" enough. Someone who'd buy "Cooler Than You" would have a stronger sense of individuality than someone who'd buy "Impostor". And so on.

You see "odd man out". I see:

"Impostor" wants to fit in.
"Cooler Than You" wants to stand out.
"Taking Flight" is a gull-murdering psychopath.

For that matter, "Taking Flight" has two "odd men out": The horrified penguin on the right is "different" because he's the only one of the four who doesn't think it's giggle-worthy. I suppose that means that it doesn't actually fit your "one of these things is not like the others" reduction...maybe "some of these things are similar and some are less-similar than the similar things but not really similar to each other"...guess that doesn't roll off the tongue as easily.

Full disclosure: as I've said before, I don't tend to vote for ramyb and don't consider myself specifically to be a supporter of his. These observations apply just as readily to patrickspens ("Acquired Taste" & "If I Only Had a Brain"), or the-as-yet-to-be-called-out-on-it-rather-than-praised rogerrogerroger and his moustaches.

grypes

quality posts: 0 Private Messages grypes
Re: Inspired By (Rock, Paper, Dragon)

Holy...

I closed out in the fog!!!

blupixie

quality posts: 0 Private Messages blupixie
Re: Inspired by Teamwork

Thank you for all the comments and feedback! This was my first submission and I'm excited to try again next derby

plasmablaster

quality posts: 0 Private Messages plasmablaster
JDSardone wrote:Beautiful colors, Love the Ink design.
Its too bad its so late in the Derby. GMV
The science nerd in me says it should have TENtacles, or rather 8 arms and 2 long tentacles

Thanks for the nice words. If I do a revision for another derby, I will be sure to satisfy the science nerd in you!

dontwantaname

quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Re: Inspired By Nothing Wasted

Hope you win. I want one!

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

TTUNNELL

quality posts: 0 Private Messages TTUNNELL
Re: Inspired by Trigonometree

I want this shirt!!!!

gricomet

quality posts: 35 Private Messages gricomet
Re: Inspired by ABLAZE

Oh man, I really liked this one I was hoping it printed here. Hopefully it gets the honorable mention so I can vote for it again in a second chance derby.

Johndis5

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Johndis5
laggyg wrote:I couldn't agree with you more...people really need to lighten up! This shirt is awesome!

If it manages to print on a different site since some people here a little too uptight, someone PLEASE let me know (I'm lookin at YOU ramy!).

This shirt is terrible, I just don't think pointing the pedo finger at it is appropriate.

loubriccant

quality posts: 2 Private Messages loubriccant
Re: Inspired by ABLAZE

Damn! I can't believe this dropped out of the fog at the last minute. I really wanted this one, so let's hope it gets an honorable mention. . . .err. . . .mention.

no1

quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1
Re: inspired by spring awakening

thanks for all the nice comments, those that made them. same with the votage.

j5

quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5
alephnull2k1 wrote:These observations apply just as readily to patrickspens ("Acquired Taste" & "If I Only Had a Brain"), or the-as-yet-to-be-called-out-on-it-rather-than-praised rogerrogerroger and his moustaches.

What's up with that?

move along

odysseyroc

quality posts: 33 Private Messages odysseyroc
Re: inspired by deep blue space

thanks to everybody who voted and/or commented. I really didn't expect this one to do as well as it did.

alephnull2k1

quality posts: 1 Private Messages alephnull2k1
j5 wrote:What's up with that?

There was some snarkage about "Acquired Taste" and "If I Only Had a Brain" having the "same" zombie characters in them (I think some people even earned "quality posts" for that), even though the tableaux and thematic elements were completely different.

On the other side of the coin, in this most recent derby, rogerrogerroger actually got praised by several people for recurring his characters (and/or their fabulous moustaches).

Just a little hard to catch the Zeitgeist around here.

bonedaddy18

quality posts: 1 Private Messages bonedaddy18
Leahbh wrote:you haven't bought 1 thing on woot and can't vote on shirts, so you're opinion doesn't matter. not til you spend some $$

Woot :P

earballs

quality posts: 0 Private Messages earballs
loubriccant wrote:Damn! I can't believe this dropped out of the fog at the last minute. I really wanted this one, so let's hope it gets an honorable mention. . . .err. . . .mention.

Get back to your fog you infernal machine!

elsendor

quality posts: 0 Private Messages elsendor
Re: Inspired by Dragon Slayer

Oh my gosh, I love this one!! If it doesn't print here, will you submit it elsewhere? If so, please let us know!!

elsendor

quality posts: 0 Private Messages elsendor

Beautiful shirt!! So sad it won't print--if you submit this elsewhere, please please let us know!!

j5

quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5
alephnull2k1 wrote:There was some snarkage about "Acquired Taste" and "If I Only Had a Brain" having the "same" zombie characters in them (I think some people even earned "quality posts" for that), even though the tableaux and thematic elements were completely different.

On the other side of the coin, in this most recent derby, rogerrogerroger actually got praised by several people for recurring his characters (and/or their fabulous moustaches).

Just a little hard to catch the Zeitgeist around here.

Yeah, i caught the politick, was just wondering why it was that some folks get a pass. No one seems to grief Kev about his underbite-bot (underbot?) either.

move along

loubriccant

quality posts: 2 Private Messages loubriccant
Re: inspired by deep blue space

odysseyroc wrote:thanks to everybody who voted and/or commented. I really didn't expect this one to do as well as it did.

But it's space as seen through the Flintstones' window!

mafafu888

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mafafu888
j5 wrote:Yeah, i caught the politick, was just wondering why it was that some folks get a pass. No one seems to grief Kev about his underbite-bot (underbot?) either.

That is because he never wins. ;)
(Full disclosure - Kev is my friend and I hope he wins someday.)