alaskanbookwyrm

quality posts: 0 Private Messages alaskanbookwyrm
Re: Let's all go to the laboratory!

Great shirt! I didn't get the theater concessions reference right away, I was thinking how cool it'd be to wear this to Chemistry class...

anamayday

quality posts: 0 Private Messages anamayday
Re: Swashbuckler Island

I would love this. She is done so well and the backdrop is perfect. Nothing is too overpowering. I wanna vote for it!

josiahmacpherson

quality posts: 0 Private Messages josiahmacpherson
Re: Silver Screen Samurai

looks pretty good to me. you got my vote

paigeg

quality posts: 7 Private Messages paigeg
Re: Gone With The Color

This looks wonderful in the comp. Do you have a bigger file to share? We love to see the details.
I appreciate the filmstrip brackets. I wish they were a bit less linear, to flow better with the rest of the design's softness.

paigeg

lovepuff wrote:You would think people would read the rules before spending hours of work on a design...

And yet, it's a charicature. I wish the rejectionator wasn't so literal. This is a beautiful homage, eye patch and all. Boo. I doubt it would be a winner, but I really, really appreciate the intent of the design.

Spiritgreen

quality posts: 215 Private Messages Spiritgreen
Re: Singin' in the Storm - (Green!)

Thanks walmazan, pennyflip & bass'!

Something about the green makes this feel right. It's more Herman Munster than Boris Karloff, but it does. :p

paigeg

Re: Singin' in the Storm - (Green!)

Both are so awesome, it bugs me one might distract from the other. I like this a lot, with the green, but I think, to carry the total reference along - Singin in the Rain, Frankenstein, AND Young Frankestein, I'd like to have seen - maybe not a grayscale version, but at least desaturated.
Still, that's a late thought. This rocks as it is - more, I think, than the human-colored version.

paigeg

Re: Scream Queen V. 2

Definitely. Bringing the elements together works much better. Nice!

paigeg

Re: Ten Million Stories

Terrific. I love the mid-gray. It really helps the darks and lights pop. Kudos!

paigeg

Re: across the sunset

Love the idea, the style, the colors, the compostition. But the wide line halftones are bugging me. I dunno how they will print - maybe not as glaringly obvious as they are on my screen.
Nevertheless, a nice, classic and simple design. Good luck!

paigeg

cruelnv wrote:
This design still expresses the fundamental character of pre-1960's even if a few of the elements may be considered contemporary.

And, frankly, so many Wooters are too young to have experienced those movies first-hand. They either had some glancing contact via nostalgic parents, or studied the genre. And studying is NOT the same as living. I'm dead ceratin the artist also did not live that era. But the alluision is there, and the art is wonderful. I'm not going to insist on total adherence - too much time has passed!

kaseyfleming

quality posts: 1 Private Messages kaseyfleming
Re: The Mummy

awesome!

jagendorf

quality posts: 8 Private Messages jagendorf
Re: Forbidden Future

I must buy this!!! So glad it fogged. Not only is it great artwork, but there is a story to go along with it. Obviously, the Planet Express spaceship crashed and Leela got knocked unconscious. Bender is saving her from the ship, thus creating that iconic pose. Brilliant!

Bilyum it up all day long!

jagendorf

Re: intermission

I will wear this to the movies all the time, if it wins. GMV

jagendorf

It's so simple, yet beautifully executed. The brown was a really good pick. Hoping this shirt is on my body in a week or two.

jagendorf

Re: Monster Movie

Combining the cute factor with the classic monster movie characters seems like a sure win. I do hope there are enough monster fans out there to make this shirt print as it rightfully should.

gricomet

quality posts: 35 Private Messages gricomet
Re: It was only a moment for you, you took no notice

Now that is a cool Vertigo-esque shirt!

thedonquixotic

quality posts: 0 Private Messages thedonquixotic
Re: Private Eye

Hey, let me know whatcha think. Any suggestions on how I can improve is good :D

----- drunkenyear.tumblr.com
----- thedonquixotic.daportfolio.com
----- Frankie's Revenge

Josephus

quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus
Re: Ping Pong - inspired by King Kong, 1933

where's Fay Rayban?
+1

Josephus

quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus
Re: Silence is Silver!

ѕucks that something so completely on theme gets rejected this week for such a trivial reason as not meeting a technical requirement, while being virtually completely off-theme last week was completely fine...

LegendaryGatz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages LegendaryGatz

Very, very cool. GMV

LegendaryGatz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages LegendaryGatz
Re: Scream Queen V. 2

I liked the original, but this one seems improved. I still want one! GMV

luvlivlif

quality posts: 0 Private Messages luvlivlif

I want a poster of this c:

Re: Swashbuckler Island

blinddog3d

quality posts: 0 Private Messages blinddog3d
D3lusional wrote:So this isn't a trace with bunny heads tacked on... right?

Right, ...you're funny, bunny! That's the second time someone has questioned my hand skillz! I'm "Old School," I can draw! a computer is just a smart paintbrush, for me.

No, this was hand brushed and scanned in for tweeking. Here is the original scan...

Any other questions? Good! Now VOTE!
BlindDog3D

Spiritgreen

quality posts: 215 Private Messages Spiritgreen
Re: Silver Screen Samurai

Lovely minimalist design. Very striking (pun!).

:^)

collinvh

quality posts: 62 Private Messages collinvh

Hope you dig the new design. The memories of past stars live within the hollywood stars.

D3lusional

quality posts: 2 Private Messages D3lusional
blinddog3d wrote:Right, ...you're funny, bunny! That's the second time someone has questioned my hand skillz! I'm "Old School," I can draw! a computer is just a smart paintbrush, for me.

No, this was hand brushed and scanned in for tweeking. Here is the original scan...

Any other questions? Good! Now VOTE!
BlindDog3D

Yeah one more question. If it wasn't traced, why? The details down to the creases in the cloths and the blades of grass match the photo. So why meticulously copy every single detail by hand, when you could just trace it. And is it really all that different from tracing if you do copy it soooo well?

DeadMonster

quality posts: 0 Private Messages DeadMonster
Re: We do the dirty work. V2

Coolest shirt in the derby award.

dooomcat

quality posts: 11 Private Messages dooomcat
rwm319 wrote:we really like it but it would be better if the building went all the way off the bottom of the shirt! -_0

I agree! I'd love that too but I don't think Woot will print like that though... of course seeing how this won't win perhaps I can find another place that will.

j5

quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5

(bad post)

move along

blinddog3d

D3lusional wrote:Yeah one more question. If it wasn't traced, why? The details down to the creases in the cloths and the blades of grass match the photo. So why meticulously copy every single detail by hand, when you could just trace it. And is it really all that different from tracing if you do copy it soooo well?

Yes, it's different! How many people do you know personally that can do that?

That's what a tribute does, it's gets as close as possible. I did it because, "I CAN!" When I copy stuff, I'm a "Human Xerox." I've been drawing for 42 years, by hand. I own this poster and I know it well. I've seen this movie over 100 times and can watch it in my sleep. It's still not exact, but it's as close as I can get.

The grass is just basic, random brushstrokes that captured the light and dark areas. I fiddled with this for 2 days & I'm really happy with it.

If it's not your cup o' "green tea," ...I have a few more designs I'm entering tonight that are from scratch. So, you won't have anything to compare them to. The Samurabbits, on the other hand, are open for comparison. Hope you like what you find.

See you in the funny papers.
BlindDog3D

DeadMonster

quality posts: 0 Private Messages DeadMonster

Ridiculous. I'd hang this on my living room wall. And I don't even like cowboys.

xion670

quality posts: 0 Private Messages xion670
Re: Forbidden Future

This is awesome I really hope it wins

bluetuba

quality posts: 58 Private Messages bluetuba
jagendorf wrote:I must buy this!!! So glad it fogged. Not only is it great artwork, but there is a story to go along with it. Obviously, the Planet Express spaceship crashed and Leela got knocked unconscious. Bender is saving her from the ship, thus creating that iconic pose. Brilliant!

There is no way that is possible, Bender would never save Leela. He's obviously kidnapping her to ransom back to Farnsworth. In fact, he probably sabotaged the ship in the first place!

"You can't just dress a Minion like Spock, and add a caption that says "Logical Me". There's a prison for people like that. Below my house."

blinddog3d

blinddog3d wrote:Sure, but I can't right now, I'm leaving for "Dallas Fan Day Comicon" where I'm going to meet Stan Lee (My Hero and God)!

I'll upload some tonight, Thanx 4 your comments, though!
BlindDog3D

Well, I met Stan "The Man" Lee and told him how influencial he was in me becoming an artiist. I thanked him for making comic books an American Artform. I had so many things I wanted to ask and tell him, but I didn't want to get all clingy and nerdy, so ...I ask him to marry me and security carried me out... jus kiddin'...It was awesome! He's such a happy guy! (...and funny, too, well he is "The Man!")

JFYI,
BlindDog3D

j5

Re: The Seven Samurabbits

Awww. Boo rejectionator!

move along

blinddog3d

Re: The Seven Samurabbits

Rejected!

...And, "Bob's your uncle."

That sucks, but... I got more. I really liked this one, though, and it was getting the love, too! (All, except from 3Djealousy?)

Se ya in a "bit" ...a rabbit!
BlindDog3D

j5

Re: Playing House

creepy

move along

DianaSprinkle

quality posts: 115 Private Messages DianaSprinkle
Re: It Came From the Future!

"It Came From the Future!"

An invasion of alien mechanical mice from the future!

Gah sorry this is soo late going up. I had to finish sending a book off to the printers this weekend. =/

zod1acbea5t

quality posts: 2 Private Messages zod1acbea5t
Re: Gone With The Color

I think this will win despite being late. Absolutely amazing..:O You have my vote. +1