junkilo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages junkilo

interesting! would spread too much brain hurt even though its chic

kevincrimi

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kevincrimi
blinddog3d wrote:Dam! Rejected in the Fog! Way harsh!
BlindDog3D

Wow I'm so shocked this got rejected. They sure took their sweet time to toy with you too! (maybe I should watch what I say, the rejectionator seems hungry for blood. eep!)

This was one of my favorites and really liked your grandpa's saying.

Check out my Derby Shirt!

DianaSprinkle

quality posts: 115 Private Messages DianaSprinkle
avidan111 wrote:I love it! too bad its late thought. might not do as well

Yeah it seems like it's having to struggle a bit. I probably should have stayed up instead of taking that nap after that all nighter and finished it on Sunday morning. =_=

Still I'm really happy with how well it's doing. Crazy.

emeraldchickpea

quality posts: 1 Private Messages emeraldchickpea

How Sirius GPP is a design if its ARTIST doesn't even vote for it?

j5

quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5
Re: All you need... (v2.2)

Photos.

Just sayin'.

move along

sstrungis

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sstrungis
j5 wrote:Photos.

Just sayin'.

Done in Illustrator. No pixels, no photorealism. Heck the magnifier was my own art done originally in Blender and altered for use in this design.

Johndis5

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Johndis5
Re: Gone With The Color

Woot gets it right every once in awhile.

jcaplow

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jcaplow

So is that what Rick meant by "kid"? Real classy.

j5

sstrungis wrote:Done in Illustrator. No pixels, no photorealism. Heck the magnifier was my own art done originally in Blender and altered for use in this design.

Well, I'm just going to just something tea-like for us from now on since I can't tell a photo from a hole in the ground.

move along

cbattles6

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cbattles6
Re: Map and Compass

I love the shirt, but I'm also worried about the rejectionator. Even if you didn't trace anything, it's an iconic shot from a movie that instantly recognizable. It would be hard to imagine the copyright holder in NxNW not being upset about a shirt like this.

blackdawn101

quality posts: 0 Private Messages blackdawn101
DianaSprinkle wrote:"It Came From the Future!"

An invasion of alien mechanical mice from the future!

Gah sorry this is soo late going up. I had to finish sending a book off to the printers this weekend. =/

hey you made it to the fog, great design GMV

albinoapple

quality posts: 2 Private Messages albinoapple
Re: Forbidden Future

Why does Leela have hot pants on?

DianaSprinkle

blackdawn101 wrote:hey you made it to the fog, great design GMV

OH WOW! It seemed like I turned my back and this design just jumped into the fog. Gah, I have to send off the print file!

Thanks everybody! I'm crossing my fingers that this late entry keeps getting votes. With all the nice stuff already in the fog it's going to be hard.

astyrfan

quality posts: 1 Private Messages astyrfan
Re: Forbidden Future

Robbie, man...you win. I really hope this prints. I have a giant Forbidden Planet poster on my wall; such a great film.

-Ast

Phasmantistes

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Phasmantistes
radiomode wrote:This is how it will look on a tee:

I'd like this a lot better if it weren't centered -- say, in the lower-left (from the wearer's perspective) corner of the shirt.

I am also a bit confused by the hand, although I think the gun itself is fine.

astrobat

quality posts: 0 Private Messages astrobat
Re: The Good Old Days

Thanks for all the comments, everyone.

unpetitfou

quality posts: 2 Private Messages unpetitfou
Re: It Came From the Future!

It's a little "War of the Worlds" meets the "Maus" WW2 comic series. The mouse couple remind me a bit of the art from that book.

kevincrimi

DianaSprinkle wrote:OH WOW! It seemed like I turned my back and this design just jumped into the fog. Gah, I have to send off the print file!

Thanks everybody! I'm crossing my fingers that this late entry keeps getting votes. With all the nice stuff already in the fog it's going to be hard.

I felt like we had grown so close going back and forth in the New Hotness....I miss you
congrats on making it in the fog!

zreb20

quality posts: 0 Private Messages zreb20
kevincrimi wrote:This is my first woot shirt, so I hope I didn't miss something.

Awesome first try! If you get this printed anywhere else, I want to know so I can buy one!

JenXer74

quality posts: 0 Private Messages JenXer74
walmazan wrote:this is good, I love it!

Thank you! (I owe all improvements in my style to YOUR halftone technique tutorial, by the way!) :D

verminbury

quality posts: 0 Private Messages verminbury
Re: No Ticket

I've submitted a request to the woot powers-that-be to see if I can pay for a pair of paper 3d glasses shipped with every shirt, out of my (hypothetical) commission.

Not sure they'll go for it, since it's plainly a blatant grab for votes on my part, but I'll keep you folks posted.

It'd solve the problem of who has which format of glasses, and I'd hopefully be able to do a press check of the colors, since I live near the shirt printing facility.

kevincrimi

zreb20 wrote:Awesome first try! If you get this printed anywhere else, I want to know so I can buy one!

Thanks a lot. I can't thank you guys enough for all the support. I'll definitely let you know if this ever gets printed.

justabit

quality posts: 0 Private Messages justabit
j5 wrote:Why did you post the same image with two different accounts?

I have problems uploading to woot so a friend helps me and evidently got mixed up with the names.

theperuvainkid816

quality posts: 0 Private Messages theperuvainkid816
Re: Ping Pong - inspired by King Kong, 1933

i love this shirt and i totally get it good job :D

loubriccant

quality posts: 2 Private Messages loubriccant
Re: They came from the stars

odysseyroc wrote:The idea here, is that these designs should be an element of classic film, they don't have to look like a classic film. What says classic sci-fi, more than flaying saucers?

I couldn't agree more. "Classic" and "silver screen" doesn't mean "noir" or "epic" scale films to everyone. This is what I grew up on and still enjoy today. These are my "classic" films.

If this shirt doesn't get printed, I'll hunt you all down with my Illudium Q36 Explosive Space Modulator!

odysseyroc

quality posts: 33 Private Messages odysseyroc
loubriccant wrote:I couldn't agree more. "Classic" and "silver screen" doesn't mean "noir" or "epic" scale films to everyone. This is what I grew up on and still enjoy today. These are my "classic" films.

If this shirt doesn't get printed, I'll hunt you all down with my Illudium Q36 Explosive Space Modulator!

Where's the kaboom? There was supposed to be an earth shattering kaboom!

loubriccant

quality posts: 2 Private Messages loubriccant
Re: They came from the stars

odysseyroc wrote:Where's the kaboom? There was supposed to be an earth shattering kaboom!

Wait for it. . .

Dutchbunch5

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Dutchbunch5
striker138 wrote:I got some feedback, and decided to resubmit with new colors. Thanks to seedsofsedition and DutchBunch5.

Definitely like this color scheme! GMV!!

februarystar27

quality posts: 0 Private Messages februarystar27
Re: Kabam!

nooo! Get back in the fog!

tgentry

quality posts: 111 Private Messages tgentry

Staff

albinoapple wrote:Why does Leela have hot pants on?

Hot Pants derby anyone?...

Mwhitlock

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Mwhitlock
Re: Camera ver 2.0

I like this version a lot better than the first - good job dude

DragonCMNDR

quality posts: 3 Private Messages DragonCMNDR
Re: Singin' in the Storm - (Green!)

You know, this seems very ...ready... for a special "glow-in-the-dark" edition.

For which if you/they went that route.. I'd be in for three at purchase time. However, in the meanwhile, you GMV... again...

MadamAtom

quality posts: 7 Private Messages MadamAtom
dirtdirt wrote:A combination of two of my favorite classic genres - the western and the giant monster movie.

Then I guess I don't need to tell you about this, but I will anyway.

GMV, because my husband's mind will also go straight to that.

L3g3ndQ

quality posts: 2 Private Messages L3g3ndQ
Re: Kabam!

this shirt needs to get back into the fog and place at least 2nd if not first!!! i think this is the best shirt in this derby!!

j5

tgentry wrote:Hot Pants derby anyone?...

I shudder at the potential outcome of this....(e.g. people of WalMart)

move along

bassanimation

quality posts: 98 Private Messages bassanimation
tgentry wrote:Hot Pants derby anyone?...

Only if Star Wars is allowed. I definitely think it's time for Hot Pants Vader.

DianaSprinkle

kevincrimi wrote:I felt like we had grown so close going back and forth in the New Hotness....I miss you
congrats on making it in the fog!

Awww, now you're all alone up there! It looks like you're making good time with getting votes. You should probably be close to the fog soon. Good luck!

Deomonte21

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Deomonte21
gaustinw wrote:This is the only shirt I would've worn. Amazing and funny.

I also want to say this is the only shirt I voted on and the only one I would have bought. I wish you would provide a high res picture of this image so i could print a shirt myself.

dawnmt

quality posts: 9 Private Messages dawnmt
Re: Delusions of grandeur

Love this....at first I was like huh at the thumbnail and then I quickly FELL IN LOVE! GMV

jmmbell1987

quality posts: 78 Private Messages jmmbell1987

Congrats on the first design, and welcome. You definitely have talent.

However, I also think that this design should be rejected, given that it's pretty much exactly a depiction from "North by Northwest", without parody.