Re: Ten Million Stories

very cool

lonelypond

quality posts: 418 Private Messages lonelypond
Re: Propzilla

fun!

imadonut

quality posts: 1 Private Messages imadonut
kevincrimi wrote:Thanks a lot. I can't thank you guys enough for all the support. I'll definitely let you know if this ever gets printed.

I love it.

lonelypond

lonelypond

Re: Swashbuckler Island

bullseye

imadonut

quality posts: 1 Private Messages imadonut
kevincrimi wrote:Thanks a lot. I can't thank you guys enough for all the support. I'll definitely let you know if this ever gets printed.

I love it. It stands out far and above the rest.

aswati

quality posts: 0 Private Messages aswati
lilaviel wrote:The gradients. But, I could be wrong.

Actually, they're halftones, using woot's guidelines. They do look like gradients though!

lonelypond

kevincrimi

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kevincrimi
imadonut wrote:I love it. It stands out far and above the rest.

Wow thanks! That means a lot considering how great a lot of these designs are!

Check out my Derby Shirt!

geekgirl452

quality posts: 0 Private Messages geekgirl452
Re: Map and Compass

This is awesome by awesomewest.

PixelPants

quality posts: 68 Private Messages PixelPants
Re: It Came From the Future!

Pleased to see it get all this recognition Diana. You matched the idea in neatly with the film style and won me over with the coloring and moody lighting.

AdderXYU

quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU

When is this joke going to be old to people other than me?

AdderXYU

quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU
Re: Breaking News!

this is such a lovely, simple design.

littleclyde

quality posts: 16 Private Messages littleclyde
Re: Forbidden Future

This is so well done

littleclyde

Re: Monster Movie

so cute

littleclyde

Re: The Mooring

Lovely!

littleclyde

Re: Let's all go to the laboratory!

So cute, and I love the colors you used. Totally evokes that old-timey feel for me.

littleclyde

Nicely done!

teacookie

quality posts: 4 Private Messages teacookie
Re: Soak the Witch!

is it wrong that I just want a melted candel like witch or a puddle with red shoes? the gun is awesome I just want to change the target. favorite toy ever was perfect for parades.

teacookie

Re: The Mummy

glow in the dark glow in the dark

teacookie

Re: happiness

If I watched it I forgot it but I just like the way it looks. might like it more if I check out the movie...... Id wear it as is with no clue as to what it means.

teacookie

Re: Monster Movie

GIMMIE!!!!!!! so cute I love the evil villains.

teacookie

Re: Let's all go to the laboratory!

...... here's hoping it show up thursday next week..... way to many people I have to buy this for... wait might end up in the top 20.... rather get more shirts at 10..... but I will deal so long as I get 4.

teacookie

ChaosDoctor07 wrote:I don't mean to be rude, but...are you serious? Even if so, Beauty and the Beast came out 1991.

there are non disney versions that came out before 1991 and yes they are animated... lab wear instead of house ware. though the candy commercial is the first that pops in my head since the beakers are not victorian, renniaces or medivle.. sorry on spelling. yes pun intended.

kevincrimi

geekgirl452 wrote:This is awesome by awesomewest.

Haha I should have had you name it

socal434

quality posts: 0 Private Messages socal434
Re: No Ticket

This has to make it....so epic!!!

kevincrimi

blinddog3d wrote:No, and I didn't admit to being "Fat," either. It's "nice" because it shows how close I got. If I traced it, I would've had this in on Friday. I don't cry over spilled woots, I just learn and "keep swimming."

It's "rejected," and we know why, 'nuff said. They told us, if you parody too close, it's in jepordy of rejection, and not to whine about it. I played it too close, got chopped, and I haven't "whined" once.

I had some work come up, or I would've re-done it. I decided to save the others I did and recycle them in future woots. I leave for Phoenix, tonight, for a week, so I'm pretty much done with this derby. So, be nice while I'm gone or I'll bring my pencil.

See y'all next derby. I'll try to be more "original" in the future. Thanks for playing!
BlindDog3D

Now that's a class act wooter.

Much respect for this

JadenKale

quality posts: 181 Private Messages JadenKale
j5 wrote:I feel I've been scolded for my response.
Allow me to clarify my position.

I wholeheartedly agree with this. For the record, I never bashed "cute" I have several "cute" shirts. I was asked my personal preference in this particular case, and I replied why I liked the original submission over the second one.

By the same token, J5, I know of where I speak. I've been on hiatus for a few months due to a move and the start of a new job. I've been playing the game around here since '07, been printed by woot 3 times, and I've had one design that, had I gotten it in just a tad bit earlier on a Monday, probably would have given me yet another 3rd place print (it made 5th, I believe). My titles reinterpreted is a poor example of what I can do. I tossed that together in a few hours on one night. I know I can do much better than that.

The fact remains, if you play the game for fun, it doesn't matter when you submit, you get to know your fanbase, and you can expand upon your designs from there. If you play to always win, your work will usually suffer. Planning, concept, and awesome art skills are what separates 100th place from the fog. And every once in a while, you beat the odds and that's how you end up with those at the top.

JadenKale

quality posts: 181 Private Messages JadenKale
littleclyde wrote:Nicely done!

LittleClyde -

Check your PM's please.

dijay

quality posts: 4 Private Messages dijay
Re: THE Real Wild ONE

Hahaha. Great!!!

dijay

WOW. Awesome!!!

dijay

Re: Singin' in the Storm - (Green!)

Great work!!! Voted

zreb20

quality posts: 0 Private Messages zreb20

I would agree that it's really well done but doesn't look like it belongs to the pre-1960s era. I grew up on old movies and agree with a previous comment that it feels pretty modern instead of old-style.

flemtone

quality posts: 6 Private Messages flemtone
Re: Map and Compass

I like it.

I really, really like it.

Great first submission! Definitely right up there and, by rights, should be fogging.

I gotta tell ya, though - the thing that drew me to the thumbnail first was your 'vote' text, using the NxNW arrows. That absolutely iced the cake for me. It's those small details that make a great artist.

Well played indeed, sir! Looking forward to seeing more from you in the future. If it doesn't print here, please keep us informed if this design prints elsewhere.

flemtone

quality posts: 6 Private Messages flemtone
Re: Ten Million Stories

This design is great. What makes it for me are the streetlamps to the left - just a great addition to the depth of the piece. You can almost hear the lonesome saxaphone playing in the distance...

perryn

quality posts: 0 Private Messages perryn
Re: Forbidden Future

Wicked Awesome. Must Print!!!!!!!

grishfish55

quality posts: 0 Private Messages grishfish55
Re: Movie Vortex

Great shirt, i would wear it! But please get rid of that faint square around the theater, and it would look MUCH better

lusluckylad

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lusluckylad
Re: We do the dirty work. V2

Is the girl supposed to look like a robot or does she just have some general neck stiffness?

ctl2003

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ctl2003

And I get to pick the colour of the shirt, kewl

Beckybeq

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Beckybeq
Re: Propzilla

Man, this *has* to print. (Pretty, pretty, pretty please?) My son would WANT!