Here are some detail

jetsers

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jetsers
Re: intermission

great stuff! Ill take one!

Woot

Zagazoo

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Zagazoo
collinvh wrote:I like your design and really like the ripples in the water surface. Good job storytelling within your shirt. +1

Thanks! I always try and create some sort of narrative in my work, glad it's being spotted

Zagazoo

blanked wrote:I prefer the first too. In my case I dont like the surface swirl on this one, and miss the bubbles.
But the speargun was a nice addition and taking the yellow off of the squid helped show case the human figure.
My style preference would depend on my mood

Hehe, thank you. I too have fickle style preferences, you can tell from my work Zagazoo's Da Gallery

Zagazoo

Re: Last Glimpse of Light Version 2.0

NOOOOOOOO!!!!! (said like Vader in Ep 3)... All well... lesson learned... Least they softened the blow with a "nice" and it was encouraging to get so many votes and comments. Thank you everybody for your input. Next time Gadget, Next Tiiiiiimme!

osmosismom

quality posts: 0 Private Messages osmosismom
Re: Impressive Sword but

This is great, excellent, rather. But the really long sword kept me from laughing- it's not good

osmosismom

quality posts: 0 Private Messages osmosismom
lusluckylad wrote:Is the girl supposed to look like a robot or does she just have some general neck stiffness?

The woman looks just fine.

collinvh

quality posts: 61 Private Messages collinvh
Re: Cheap Seats

Thanks for all the support with your votes and comments. This was a very fun derby and I'm happy I finally got the chance to incorporate two of my children into the design. I know it's subtle but my little girl has her favorite stuffed elephant friend... Ellie Thanks again everyone. Please vote again.

strider72

quality posts: 1 Private Messages strider72
Re: Fay ray come out and play

This one fails for me because the woman's skirt is nothing like what would have appeared in pre-60s cinema. She should have a longer flowing skirt -- knee length at minimum. A micro-mini is far too modern, and even at that, showing her bare rear simply wouldn't have happened in the 50s or before (censors, not to mention class).

ltrian

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ltrian

STRUNGIS!!!!!!!!!!! I CANT FIND THE VOTE BUTTON!!!!!! this is my vote.

sstrungis

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sstrungis
Re: Ready Set Action!!!

I know for a fact that this design does not use photos. It was rendered in Illustrator from start to finish. Justification, please?

S

striker138

quality posts: 1 Private Messages striker138

Thanks a lot for the comments! My stuff usually goes completely unnoticed... and completely unvoted for... lol. Yeah, yeah I know.. I suck at this... but it's fun, so I ain't stopping.

Spiritgreen

quality posts: 214 Private Messages Spiritgreen

Very funny and a great retro feel, ski. ^__^

GMV.

anidi79

quality posts: 0 Private Messages anidi79
Re: Last Glimpse of Light Version 2.0

Oh I'm so sad!! This was one of the entries that I truly LOVED!!! I hope you can resubmit this elsewhere!! Love you work :D

striker138

Re: Ready Set Action!!!

I would guess because it looks like the chair, camera, etc, each look like a photo that was traced via illustrator. I'm not saying they are, but that's the way it looks, and the rejectionator only cares about how things appear.

anidi79

quality posts: 0 Private Messages anidi79
Re: Gone With The Color

I was truly looking forward to buying this! I'm so sad it was rejected!!

striker138

Zagazoo wrote:NOOOOOOOO!!!!! (said like Vader in Ep 3)... All well... lesson learned... Least they softened the blow with a "nice" and it was encouraging to get so many votes and comments. Thank you everybody for your input. Next time Gadget, Next Tiiiiiimme!

Just resize this a bit, and move everything within the bounding box, and resubmit. No chance of printing this late, but I would guess an Honorable Mention might be a possibility.

thatrobert

quality posts: 26 Private Messages thatrobert
Re: Damn this City!

• Congratulations on winning a Best Loser Award!
  • This is not SPAM.
  • Winning a BLA does NOT mean this shirt won't print -- I'm hoping it does.
  • Your one and only gift is this crappy little badge in your shirt thread. Enjoy.
  • Let it be printed on every t-shirt in this land on the finest of cottons and the hippest of brands.

thatrobert

Re: Kaiju Party

• This is not SPAM.
  • Your one and only gift is this crappy little badge in your shirt thread. Enjoy.
  • Let it be printed on every t-shirt in this land on the finest of cottons and the hippest of brands.

thatrobert

Re: It Came From the Future!

• This is not SPAM.

creativehack

quality posts: 29 Private Messages creativehack
Re: Happily Ever After!?

Had trouble exporting a decent comp image that displayed the half tones used.
Will upload some detailed images shortly

RAMPage Soccer for your iPad

thatrobert

Re: Heaven's Devils

• This is not SPAM.

thatrobert

Re: Movie Costume

• This is not SPAM.

thatrobert

Re: After the Credits

• This is not SPAM.

thatrobert

• This is not SPAM.

omnitarian

quality posts: 15 Private Messages omnitarian
thatrobert wrote:

• This is not SPAM.

Ah, that Andrew Bird quote is the perfect addition.

thatrobert

• This is not SPAM.

itsmisty

quality posts: 1 Private Messages itsmisty
Re: It Came From the Future!

Late comment is laaaaaate.

You KNOW I am rooting my arse off for this, D! I am SO stoked to see this in the fog, it better keep getting votes GOGOGO!~ xD <3

thatrobert

omnitarian wrote:Ah, that Andrew Bird quote is the perfect addition.

Hey, someone caught one of my quotes! I figure most of them are too obscure... or maybe everyone just hates my taste in music.

anjulka

quality posts: 5 Private Messages anjulka
Re: Singin' In The Storm

I love this! I'm sad that I'm just checking the derby now and that this is so low!

bottlehed

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bottlehed
BootsBoots wrote:This is terrific. I love it!

Thanks, Boots!

creativehack

quality posts: 29 Private Messages creativehack
creativehack wrote:Had trouble exporting a decent comp image that displayed the half tones used.
Will upload some detailed images shortly

link to image:
http://www.zumodrive.com/share/cGWUY2ZkNG

RAMPage Soccer for your iPad

nblottie

quality posts: 11 Private Messages nblottie
Re: Monster Movie

Just want to thank everyone for the great comments. THANKS!!!!

expo01

quality posts: 10 Private Messages expo01
Re: Gone With The Color

Thanks a lot to all who voted for this one and thanks for all the positive and not that positive feedback, see you in the next one. (o;

blackwhite

quality posts: 0 Private Messages blackwhite
paigeg wrote:Apologies for bluntness, but my first reaction when this loaded on the screen was 'what the hell is that?' Took me several seconds to sort it all out. There's a lot going on here - pretty busy. I would suggest simplifying that splashy stuff, removing the texture from the background, and refining the lines of the sub so the eye doesn't have to work so hard to make it out.

thanks for the input, i actually simplified the design, but unfortunately i waited to late to post it. i think it looks a lot better, thanks again

CrystallineX

quality posts: 17 Private Messages CrystallineX
Re: Whisper

I think it was intended. =_= for example...

If it were to print as a poster, I would think about it... =/ I don't want to promote smoking.

tico0001

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tico0001
Johndis5 wrote:Woot gets it right every once in awhile.

No offense but I do hope that woot looks at his work more closely from now on. In my opinion, they often look like traced vectors or photos.

~Tico

mscrankypants

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mscrankypants
Re: Fay ray come out and play

I have to ask: why is the ape wearing a helmet?

j5

quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5
ltrian wrote:STRUNGIS!!!!!!!!!!! I CANT FIND THE VOTE BUTTON!!!!!! this is my vote.

You have to have made a Woot purchase to qualify to vote.

move along